Create Account

S76 PT #0: For Chirps and Wiggles Due: Sunday, April 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2:

Matiss likes to enjoy his off-season and spend time with his family. One of the things that they like to do is go on vacations and travel. Matiss knows that when he is out that he might get noticed by some fans and that does not bother him. He is always down for taking pictures and signing autographs as long as he is not in the middle of something important. If he is, he will let the fans know that he will try to get back with them at another time when he is free to spend more time with them. Matiss does not mind the attention from fans when he is out in public spaces. He will always be willing to talk with fans as much as he can. Matiss always has some kind of pen or sharpie on him just in case a fan would come up and ask him for an autograph and does not have anything to sign with. He is willing to do anything to make a fan happy if they come up and talk to him.

Prompt 1

The kids yearn for Tik Tok. Hell, even the adults yearn for Tik Tok. We can ignore that whole banned thing going on--the whole class of S74 is going to be stepping in and taking over Tik Tok.

I don't know if you're familiar with the concept of a content house or not but here's the quick and dirty on it: a bunch of creators will live together and just, make content. It's not really that complicated. But the big idea is that fans of a bunch of different creators (read: players) will get hyped up seeing their favourite juniors players all together, tho there are some stinking lobster callups.

The basic idea is for there to be a content house in each SMJHL city. It would be impossible to have one central house mid-season, naturally, so this ensures that there is ALWAYS a spot for content to be filmed. What happens when players meet up in the content houses? What Tik Tok was built for--really weird cringe dances. Yes the dances have been phased out, and yes content houses don't really thrive anymore, but is there anything more fitting for a sports leagues attempt at social media takeover to be hilariously out of date and cringe to the majority? Thought not.

200 words

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

After securing my first accolades at the SHL level the league approached me about conducting a social media take over on the eve of S76.  The initial proposal from the league involved taking over all of their accounts, but I refused to call Twitter by its new name and to protect themselves from a litigious billionaire we settled on just an Instagram takeover.  In what can only be referred to as a happy little accident our first game in S76 was against Hamilton who had their own pair of stellar rookies with Zedward Zilliams making the all rookie team with and Trevor Lahey was also a finalist for the Jesster this season.  Add in some juniors intrigue because all three of us were teammates in Detroit to start our professional careers.  With the awards show so close to the start of the season we really didn't have time to coordinate any bits so really it was just us shooting the shit about our championship run in Detroit and the success we've all been able to have in the majors.

Written Option 1:  Gnome Dab

Slip McScruff is taking over Bluesky because that app finally has the juice.  Unfortunately, the juice hasn't crossed over into the SHL fanbase, so he's screaming into the void.  Crossover between fandoms is very high over there, so now he's got a bunch of people writing fanfic about Slip McScruff when they've never watched a game of hockey before.

So the next step, he's inviting fans and players from other platforms to follow the team on Bluesky.  He's sending suspicious emails and handing out physical flyers with the handle to follow.  Once folks follow the team, he immediately messages them to drum up engagement.  He's making hot takes like, "We're not going to win the Dumpster this year" and then he's getting bullied both physically and online.  Everyone knows the account is run by him because of the aforementioned flyers and emails.

Secretly, he's hoping this event doesn't set the basis for a season long series of weekly escapades on the Bluesky takeover, because he'll probably forget about his account in a few days.

Gnome Dab

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Prompt 1

Patya thinking if taking over social media platform, we probably am going for need much team. First, Patya bring Atticus Hale because Atticus am Patya best friend so am always much honest and giving much solid advice and so Patya and Atticus am having ultimate trust, which is most important for this task. Patya also bring in Lester Oiduser because he am such good blocker of pucks that he also am such good blocker of mean comments, so he am not being phased by initial portion of this problem. This mean he am able to respond properly and not letting anger overtake. Also bringing in Jon St. Ark. He am goalie for much long time so naturally, he is much weird. We need much weird because it help for being creative. Patya thinking for this, most important program first is Instagram, which where hockey teams am having most reach. Patya also thinking we need for take over Twitter, or X, or whatever am called, because this is number one place of hateful comments. Patya not worried about Facebooks because this just platform for Russian misinformation. This lost cause. Patya not really need for say much. We am have most great fans and few fans am much loud and angry. If so angry, why am buy tickets for come to games? We just say things like this for make them confused because stupid angry peoples am not understanding hypocrisy.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Noel always takes a couple weeks early in the offseason to rest and recuperate. There's always lots of wear and tear, bumps and bruises after a long gruelling season and he needs some time to rest, relax, and heal before he starts putting his focus back on training and preparing for the next season.

He's never really been one to shy away from the public engagement and interacting with the fans. Noel has always had the stance that the fans pay the bills and the paycheques and you're lucky enough to have playing hockey as your entire job, so the least you can do is say hello, shake some hands, and snap some selfies when people ask. Especially when it comes to the kids, it doesn't take a ton of effort to make a little kids day by having a chat with them or signing an autograph. Maybe that kid turns out to be a future Aurora themself.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Here's a fun little trick nobody else will tell ya. You don't have to be necessarily mean to a fan for them to leave you alone. A cool trick I like to do is to try and pull a bit or stunt that either they play along with well enough to be amusing and worth my time or it stuns them enough to bounce off of me. Either outcome is fine so long as I come out unharmed, to be honest. The newest one I've been doing is asking them whether they would rather have 500,000 dollars or dinner with the Solberg twins. No matter which they answer, I then raise the stakes or change the conditions on the hypothetical - say the 500,000 dollars is instead 250,000 dollars. At the end of it, you're looking at hypotheticals straight out of a math textbook: Let's say the Solbergs are seated at a dinner table set for three in the front car of a train heading north at 60 miles per hour. Another train on the same track going the same speed but south has 500,000 dollars in the front car. This train has a hole in it, and the money escapes out at a rate of 100 dollars per second. You have the power to instantly teleport yourself, but only between these two locations and to a safe location away from the crash, but the safe location means you can't go back to the trains. You don't know how far apart they started. If you save the money, you can only do it in increments of whatever you can carry on your person. If want to save the Solberg twins, you can only save one. How do you maximize your value from this proposition? Few understand the power of the hypothetical.

Option 1

Sometimes the fans can be a bit much. Your average fan is fine, it's when it gets into the super fans that they start getting a little crazy. One rule I have, is that if I am ever out at a restaurant having a meal I will not talk to you. I'm trying to eat, so anything or anyone that interrupts me in inexcusable. I've had this happen several times, and these little neck beard mamas boys don't know how to take no for an answer. I straight up had to slap a kid in the mouth once for how rude he was acting. I was out with my girlfriend and he was trying to squeeze in for a selfie. I slapped him so hard the restaurant went silent. He then picked up his little propeller hat and scurried away. After that the server brought us some wine and everyone acted as if nothing happened. Damn fans annoy me sometimes.

W:164

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

PBE Affiliate

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]