Create Account

S76 PT #1: One night in Tokyo Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Well voice to text aint working so fuck my soul guess i gotta try and say some words or forever have 0 tpe guess this is just the way the world works now adays thanks snowflakes for making me miserable and hating everything like seriously what the fuck u actually think im going to sit here and type this is fucking bullshit like ive never been more upset in my life over something so fucking dumb like im beyond angry to the point of shooting marbles its the biggest crock of crap ive ever experianced and because of tbis i am gonna have to beat the dog and scream out the window like a fucking loser thanks android your really fucking killing it these days seriously like this took so much longer then it needed to i cakt evem fathom how much i wanna steal now all because i had to type madder then a mosquito on a mannequinn this isnt cool at all and you all need fired

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

Option 2: Chuck Chunky finds himself in Japan yet again for the second time in just a short time after the recent SHL draft. He is pretty indifferent about being there again for the global series games. On one hand he has always been an avid traveler, traveling to any destination whenever the opportunity presents itself. This is a bit different though as the trip to Japan is a taxing one and making it twice in such a short span definitely takes a toll. Chuck is ready to play in front of the home crowd in Anchorage and is hoping they don’t mind missing out on the beginning of the season too much and will be even more excited to welcome their team home soon. Regardless of his opinions though, he’s there and will make the most of it as he always does. Who knows how many more times he will be in Japan… maybe several if the current trajectory continues, but we won’t know for sure.

John Brown is invited to Japan and has absolutely no idea what to do with himself. We are talking full Kazuma Kiryu here, 10 years in the joint multiplied by a few hundred because John Brown also is from the mid 1800s, and is extremely confused. However, his large stature and impressive beard, not to mention the fiery zeal that is unignorable, led him into some interesting circumstances. John Brown found himself in a shady spot at one point, confronted by a few men in suits who seemed to ask a lot of unpleasant questions towards him. Thankfully John Brown was rescued by another man who wore a red suit and had some rather interesting hair choices himself, leading to a funny moment as they attempted to converse despite neither having a shared language of either Japanese or English. Ultimately they spent a good chunk of the day playing crane games, racing go karts, and even doing karaoke! Ultimately John Brown enjoyed it.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

[Image: fIZZi5l.png]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Option 2:
Jay O'Neil is a certified, card carrying weeb so this is perfect for him. He's always wanted to go but there hasn't been a good off-season for him since he started playing in the SHL. Unfortunately with a lot of these games in other countries, he'll only get a few days to look around, play two games back to back, and then off back home to continue the regular season. Hopefully we can get more of a fan base on Japan so Jay can come back when he retires and be welcomed as a local celebrity. That means a got to score at least one goal while I'm here. I know that this is just a regular game, but Jay will definitely be giving it the effort or a playoff game to give the locals a good show. I think Japan will be a special time, even if it's just a cash grab by a bunch of wealthy SHL executives, it'll still be a blast

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Code:
Written Option 2: Your team is taking part of this seasons SHL Global Series and they start their season with 2 games in Japan because HO has heard there is untapped market potential there. How does your player feel about the trip? Is it pointless travel to play in front of neutral crowd and missing on actual home opener? Or are they just exited to see the world and thrilled about the opportunity to win over the local fans? Does all this make the game feel more like showmatch than actual regular season game?

To DuBølk, this is a vacation of the highest magnitude. He knows that, after infiltrating SHL headquarters and "borrowing" files, he realized that everything was a conspiracy for the Tampa Bay Barracuda to not win the Challenge Cup. Home crowd, away crowd, or neutral crowd, he would not take the game seriously. Because of this, he's gonna treat the game as human pinball: if he can't win, he'll make a showing in Tokyo that the locals won't forget. From going out last in warmups to the first to leave, to taking 1 second shifts, to hits that are just low enough not to be called, he will be petty and everyone will like it. Outside of the game, he'll try to make fans of the local youth by targeting the only location that makes sense: a series of maid cafes where he goes into each one and sits awkwardly and attempts to order food using the limited Japanese he learned from his favorite language learning tool: torrented anime fansubs from 2006.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

[Image: quRyJQ6.png]

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

Option 2:

Sonja is certainly not against the idea of travelling abroad. Heck for her every game is abroad as she hasn't really got the chance to play many games in Norway since she has joined the J. So she is not against the idea to travell to Japan for some games. On top of that she is also an anime fan and grew up watching countless shows, some of which she have finished within the same day she started watching. At least back then when she had much more time than now. So as cliché as it sounds, it was always her dream to make a trip to Japan. So when this opportunity came, she was very excited about it. Personal preferences aside, she also knows that this is a really good chance for the sport to grow even bigger than it is and to gain some more fans. Which are at the end of the day very important for the sport to continue on.

(164 words)

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

PT pass fileworker

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Option 2

Missing a home opener is definitely not an option for Valieva. Baltimore is her home, and playing in front of a crowd that does not bring the same energy is sure to be disastrous. You need either the passion of your own fans or the animosity of the crowd of the opposing team. That's the fuel, that's what you need to thrive in a major league like the SHL. For sure, some would say that elite players should be able to find their energy elsewhere, but Valieva isn't like that. In Russia, she played in front of very engaged crowds, even in beer leagues. In Japan, she fears it will be a polite, curious crowd that may one day become an interesting market—especially given Japan's performance in recent IIHF tournaments – but not an interesting one right now. And let's not even mention playing while jet-lagged and starting the season on the East coast after that.

WC: 158.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Scar Bealey is completely jazzed at the prospect of playing 2 games in Japan. The SHL is right, Japan is quite an untapped market, and given the moderately positive overall success of Team Japan in the IIHF, the SHL going to play a few games overseas makes a lot of sense. Scar is about as fresh faced as a newcomer as there is, and he loves that he gets to see the world because of his profession. Scar doesn’t feel negatively about playing in a neutral stadium, because he knows that by playing his ass off in front of the Japanese fans, they’ll respect him and become fans of Scar himself. Also, while there may be some who complain that they’ll miss the “real” home opener, it doesn’t matter. The first game at our home arena will still be treated like a home opener anyway. While there will be lots of pomp and circumstance before the games that will feel like it’s more of a show, once the teams take the ice and the puck is dropped, it’s going to feel like every game ever. (185)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Seeing as Hodor's current chirper activity is spouting movie quotes for the memes, I'd say the type of game show he'd be invited to would have something to do with popular movie quotes. Perhaps you have to complete a quote like with hangman and incorrect guesses means you have to run laps through an ice cold slime machine or something. That seems on par with Japanese game shows. I don't think Hodor would do well with that kind of game, he's not super well versed in popular movies or television shows. And even if he was, it's not like the contestants or judges will understand what he's trying to say. The best he can hope for is Hodor-specific quotes from Game of Thrones, then he'd be the best man for the job. Hodor doesn't try and hide who he is, so if people in Japan love Hodor's chirps they'll love him on a game show.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Option 2 - 159 Words

Trevor Lahey is very excited about playing in the Global series the SHL is holding, and with 2 games in Japan that just adds another layer of excitement for Lahey. Lahey has always wanted to travel there so this is a dream come true.  While it can be said that the Japanese fans don't know much about our teams as we have never played in front of them, but that just means we can add more fans to the roster of the Steelhawks family.  While it does suck to not have the home opener at our home rink, it's not a big deal because we will be back to our hometown soon enough, can't leave out the home team fans, after all they are the whole reason we are here.  Other than that, Trevor is excited to see the country, so hopefully we can make some time to go sightseeing!  after all, how often does something like this happen!

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Prompt #2

Toasty wouldn't really care for the team being part of the Global Series that the SHL was doing this season. It makes sense considering the Pride are one of the western coast teams and would have a decent following there for anyone who follows the sport over on that side of the world. That's part of being a professional player though. You just kind of have to go with whatever the league decides would be best for the sport. Since the travel is going to be such a pain in the ass it was crucial that the moment the team landed that they headed right into the team hotel and then from there after some rest straight to the arena to practice and make sure that his skates were under him and ready to go. It was crucial for the Pride to stay on top of their game since they are in the race to win it all.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]