Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Minnesota
2. Tampa Bay
3. Manhattan
4. New England
5. Chicago

#1 Team Explanation: Are you kidding me? The Chiefs lost a bunch of first round picks this past off season on a tampering charge, eating a penalty of 10M in cap space. All because their Co-GM coveted some Buffalo prospects. What do they do at the trade deadline? Trade away all the firsts they got in the tampering appeal ... TO BUFFALO! FOR A DEFENSEMAN WITH 1 YEAR LEFT ON HIS DEAL THAT PUBLICLY WANTS TO BE A GM! WHY WOULD YOU GIVE UP SO MUCH! That is the public response. Overall it would be one hell of a hard knocks season. A bit empty though, a lot of their players left in Free Agency. Yikes.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Los Angeles Panthers
2. Hamilton Steelhawks
3. Tampa Bay Barracuda
4. San Francisco Pride
5. Manhattan Rage

#1 Team Explanation: I'm going to base my reasoning off of the rules for the NFL's Hard Knocks. Teams have to have 1) not been on the show for any of the past 10 seasons (given for anyone), 2) not have a first-season head coach (in this case, GM, which also checks off), and 3) have not made the postseason in either of the past two seasons. As things stand, the LA Panthers missed on the S47 postseason and are primed to once again stay home for playoffs. The only other team who makes these requirements is the Hamilton Steelhawks. Those would both be fine candidates, though I give the nod to LA since their championship drought is longer, with their last Cup coming in S17 versus S26 for Hamilton's last title.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

1) Minnesota Chiefs
2) Edmonton Blizzard
3) Nawlins Typos, Er, Spectres, Er Specters
4) Chicago Syndicate
5) West Kendall

Minny easily because it will amuse the hell out of me seeing peoples reactions to the unbearably massive ego of McZ.

The social interaction of a new member of the team coming in with a head the size of Germany, is too good to pass up, even with so many options.

Leppy would be amazing on camera I feel, and the rest of the crew were all good people to share an LR, but I dont think any of them were ever on a team with MCZ before and that sort of television just doesnt happen often.

Too good an opportunity to pass up.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Calgary Dragons
2. New England Wolfpack
3. Chicago Syndicate
4. Minnesota Chiefs
5. West Kendall Platoon

#1 Team Explanation: I hope to see the drama surrounding Shooter McGavin and Mike Izzy and their conflicting relationships with their Hot Potatoes. Izzy ran away with one, Shooter kept another for a long time, and Izzy showed aggression and jealousy at Shooter's Potato relationship.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Jets
2. raiders
3. Dragons
4. Panthers
5. syndicate

#1 Team Explanation: I think the jets would be a good organization for Hard Knocks because it must get confusing for them as the other hockey team in winnipeg named the jets. I'm sure that the mistakes happen a lot and that it would lead to plenty of good content

Hard Knocks List:
**1. San Francisco Pride
2. Chicago Syndicate 
3. Buffalo Stampede 
4. Manhattan Rage
5. Calgary Dragons 

#1 Team Explanation: San Francisco Pride has a very young team and they are on the rise. A non traditional hockey market, interestig players and a highly engaged front office. 

[Image: knute.jpg]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Wolfpack
2. Stampede
3. Stars
4. Specters
5. Blizzard

#1 Team Explanation: No other team has made as many big time changes going into the deadline as the New England Wolfpack. This team, once regarded as young and inexperienced added two monster pieces to their roster in Anders Christiansen and Ensio Kalju. The whole dynamic of the locker room shifted when these two were acquired and a newly found sense of optimism can be observed in the stands and the locker room alike. Sales metrics from the Wolfpack merchandise have increased by 300%. These fans in Boston are hungry for a winner!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Hard Knocks List:
**1.  Chiefs
2.  Stampede
3.  syndicate
4.  Jets
5.  Rage

I think Minnesota is a pretty obvious pick. After trading a big piece of their team and facing many controversies, it would be interesting to see how the team tries to get back on track .

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Texas Renegades
2. San Francisco Pride
3. West Kendall Platoon
4. Edmonton Blizzard
5. Toronto North Stars

#1 Team Explanation:
I chose Texas because I have no idea about this team. I see there players go on hot and cold streaks, they are in and out of the playoffs and standings, and I just genuinely think it's strange to play ice hockey in Texas. So watching the rookies might give me a better understanding of them.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Hard Knocks List:
**1. pride
2. Chiefs
3. Panthers
4. syndicate
5. Specters

#1 Team Explanation: As mentioned before by others, San Francisco is looking very interesting this season. Of course, I also say this as a way to scout them before I end up there, assuming the bosses don't send me somewhere else. Minnesota is a popular choice after the Daco incident while I picked the Panthers as third mostly to nag on the guy that brought me here on the first place. Both Specters and Syndicate are the newest teams in the league so I imagine we need more material on them as soon as possible.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Hard Knocks List:
**1.  Specters
2.  Chiefs
3.  Platoon
4.  Steelhawks
5.  Jets

#1 Team Explanation: As one of the recent expansion teams and with some great success since their induction. Who also just clinched another playoff appearance. It would be cool to see the locker room and how they gel together as teammates. It's not everyday a western action hero and the blood of a Roman Emperor get together to form a hockey team.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 11:39 AM by Ragnar.)

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Los Angeles
2. Minnesota
3. New Orleans
4. Edmonton
5. Toronto

#1 Team Explanation: I picked Los Angeles because Willie Fisterbottom deserves to be seen on TV. He’s not good enough to get any ice time, so he’s obviously not going to be seen on TV playing hockey, so he might as well be seen doing other things, such as the bare minimum training he does every week, his cardboard mansion under the 405, and his crippling addiction to sweets, preventing him from blossoming into his true athletic potential.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Minnesota
2. Manhattan
3. San Francisco
4. Hamilton
5. Buffalo

#1 Team Explanation: There has been a lot of hardship lately in that LR with so many people leaving in trades or FA, and with the drama of the co-gm and such it would be a great insight on how the locker room is dealing with it and where everyone is at. Would be a great story overall on how they face with the hardships of that Locker Room in particular.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Hamilton Steelhawks
2. San Francisco Pride
3. Chicago Syndicate
4. Los Angeles Panthers
5. Manhattan Rage

#1 Team Explanation: Because I play for Hamilton and I am interesting. It would be ratings gold. Do I go with Whiskey or Rum? How many Jagerbombs do I have in one night? Do I play WoW or VR poker? Such visual delight.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Hard Knocks List:
**1. West Kendall Platoon ( Platoon )
2. San Francisco Pride ( pride )
3. Minnesota Chiefs ( Chiefs )
4. Calgary Dragons ( Dragons )
5. Los Angeles Panthers ( Panthers )

#1 Team Explanation: I decided to pick the Platoon first because I feel like it'll for sure be an interesting take to see how the defending champions have started to prepare themselves for their season as the Champs and to see if they will be able to get two in a row or not and overall see what the future will lay for them with new rookies coming in.

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]