Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

Buffalo Stampede's affiliate team would be none other then the now defunct Yukon Miners! 
The Yukon is far enough to not garner much media attention and cold enough to be able to have decent ice all year round. It would be the perfect area to send these young media hungry players for some off the grid time with high focus on development. Leading this team would be non other then the former GM of the team, @Snussu. He knows the area and the people of Yukon.
It would be a great Cinderella story for both the team, the GM and the area if they found success on the ice and not just down in the mines below the mountains. All players would participate in gold mining during the off season, a great way to keep your body in shape and the pockets of Buffalo in good standing, they gotta be able to afford Poopity Scoop somehow.

RETIRED

The location of the New England Wolfpack minor league affiliate team will be in Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts. They will be called the Oak bLuff Devils. Their acronym will be OLD, which is a direct comparison of New England's acronym of NEW. Also, they're called the devils because much like the Wolfpack, they go unnoticed for a bit and then they come back to bite you in the ass. Vigorously. For the staff, I'd bring in @Segi. He's currently not a GM and is very well versed with the SMJHL management. He'd be a good candidate to help retain newer players as is the current responsibility of the SMJHL. He's also fairly smart and I'd even trust him as commissioner. I'd also bring back @Daco as Co-GM and put him through subtlety training. His knack for tampering would do well for recruitment to the affiliate team and his newfound subtlety would increase his effectiveness without causing his team to take extreme punishment.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Written Task: In the event that this takes place the league is asking that this be a collaberative effort of ideas. Give us a rundown on where your teams minor league affiliate will play? What will it be called? Why did you decide to call it that? and who on your staff will take the responsibility of managing the new team and why!?  (150+ words and tag all involved)

NOLA Affiliate: The Lafayette Death Roll

Given Lafayette, and Louisiana's, bayou culture an homage to the humble American Alligator seems fitting while also acknowledging the supernatural New Orleans Specters and their connection to the afterlife. The team chooses to celebrate both the New Orleans Specters and its home in the bayou with a purple-grey to connect to both the durk, murky waters of the bayou and to the New Orleans Specters, as well as an alligator green and a crisp, crimson red of the blooming black tupelo tree found often in the dreaded bayou. They'll play their home games in the Lafayette Cajundome, "The Frozen Swamp". Their primary logo will consist of a stylized alligator in a 3/4 view against a field of purple-grey. Their word mark will consist of the Tupelo red against a field of the team's primary color, the purple-grey.

Ideally, new staff would be hired to manage the affiliate, but in the meanwhile NOLA assistant GM @TheDangaZone will take over management responsibilities and run day to day operations. This will serve as good experience for TDZ, so when he returns to normal operations with New Orleans he's got a bit more first hand management experience under his belt.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

205 words

The minor league affiliate for the Buffalo Stampede has got to be the Niagra Water Fallers. They're just so beloved in the area and have a great rink location next to a tourist area. Their rink is approximately 2 blocks away from the Canadian side of the Falls tourism area, so there is a lot of foot traffic there. @Tomen has a hand in managing the team, mostly managing the brand and making sure their logos are plastered on everything around both Niagra and Buffalo. He even went through the effort of printing T shirts that have the Stampede swimming under neath the falls, like it's a hot spring or something. It's weird to me but people happen to love it for what ever reason. You can't expose your brand enough and he takes that to heart. Every saturday morning when the Stampede don't play, they all visit the Niagra Water Fallers locker room. Sometimes it's to watch them practice, other time it's to watch them play the game. Everyone gets a kick out of it, especially @WannabeFinn because for whatever reason he loves to shit talk the Water Fallers while sitting 3 rows away from the bench. Must have an inferiority complex or something.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 09:06 AM by Zoone16.)

SHL Team: West Kendall Platoon Platoon
Affiliate: Orlando Battalion

Having your affiliate in the same state is a great boon for many teams, and as such both Tampa and Miami would be fighting over placing their affiliate in Orlando. The city itself, is closer to to Tampa than Miami but when looking as to where to place an affiliate close by the other options were Jacksonville or Tallahassee. Unfortunately, Jacksonville is not a hockey town and Tallahassee is too far out in the eyes of Platoon management.
The team will be named the Orlando Battalion. This fits in with the military organization theme and although the size of a battalion is much larger than a platoon, it speaks to the refinement the players would go through in the minors. The ultimate goal is to grind away the weaker players and to produce SHL caliber players and this would fit with the name and philosophy of the franchise.
For the staffing, I would personally partner up with @Acsolap as we both have experience with running a junior team.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

For a long time I considered being for an idea like this... More realistic, but then at the end of the day... I actually like the system in place. What currently is in place works, especially for new members as they have the ability to get acclimated without being blinded by opinions of one singular locker room. I think in creating this system, it will prevent many users from discovering the uniqueness of different organizations... and yes they do exist. So I really don't feel this would ideally would be a good move.

For PT necessity--
TEAM NAME: Hamilton Steelhawks
MINOR LEAGUE AFFILIATE: Orlando Blades
REASON: To be near my @ztevans and @Pris I miss how far they are away now, but understand that this is a hockey business. Granted I'm no longer Junior eligible, but that doesn't mean I can't visit the young Steelhawks... and travel over to Tampa to see family.

[Image: Wally.png]

The minor league affiliate to the San Francisco Pride would be ,in my opinion, called the San Jose Cubs. Yeah I know it's a baseball team name but I decided on the name because the Pride are a group of lions, so what better than to call the minor league affiliate the Cubs. This name also make sense as there the minor league affiliate would be made up of rookies typically making them obviously cubs. The location I chose was San Jose as it is within close proximity to San Francisco so call-ups and send-downs wouldn't have to travel far and keep the friends they make during call-up. With this location they can have occasional joint practices where the veterans help prepare the minors for the majors. I'm dumping all responsibility on GrapeHead to figure out who would manage said new team as I am way too lazy to figure it out myself, also grapehead is great and an amazing co-GM. @Grapehead

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The minor league affiliated team to the Tampa Bay Barracuda will be the Orlando Dreamers, playing in a beautiful arena a hop skip and leap away from Disneyworld. The team is called the Dreamers because their mascot is Figment the Dragon due to most of their funding coming from theme park sponsorships. Figment is all about imagination - if you can dream it, you can be it! - an apropos motto for a team where the players are either living as much of their dream as they can or working very hard to crack the Barracuda roster. Fans and tourists alike will hopefully enjoy attending Dreamers games to see the team suited up in their lavender jerseys and to get a picture with Figment in the stands. The GM and coach of the team will be carefully selected from among applying candidates by the current GM of the Barracuda with consideration toward it being a very collaborative relationship where the two work together to have two competitive teams while also putting player development and player support first.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

When looking at where to place the affiliate for the West Kendall Platoon, we can see a good number of choices right off the bat. However I chose a boring old Fort Lauderdale specifically due to its lack of a solid nightlife scene and proximity to the West Kendall area. With that being chosen, two things are clear. For one we can keep the army theme as the Fort Lauderdale name works wonders for that and two, we can assure our young players won’t be at the roxxy every damn night. Now for the Name, keeping up the military theme is ideal so I’m leaning towards the Fort Lauderdale Cadets. Now for who would be running the team. Well there are a few choices. A great option would be Acsolap for one. He’s been doing a fantastic job in the SMJHL for a while now and that should be remembered, and currently he also stands as our coach. Another option would be Zoone, a highly qualified member of our team with a ridiculous amount of experience and lastly I could be called in as the current Co-GM, it could fall under my purview.

NSFL PT

[Image: wHACKER.png]

I present to you, the affiliate of the New Orleans Specters.
The Altanta Blaze

[Image: Screen_Shot_2019-08-10_at_11.13.04_AM.png]
[Image: Screen_Shot_2019-08-10_at_11.12.29_AM.png]
[Image: Screen_Shot_2019-08-10_at_11.12.11_AM.png]
[Image: Screen_Shot_2019-08-10_at_11.11.26_AM.png]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

With the Calgary Dragons know affection for Chicken Parm it was decided that the minor league affiliate had to be placed where there are alot of chickens. And what better place than the chicken capital Gainesville GA. More chickens are produced in Gainesville than anywhere else and it has a diverse population which will help to grow the sport of hockey. So introducing the new affiliate for the Calgary dragons, the Gainseville Cocks. The Dragons decided to go big with the affiliate and there are lots of big cocks in Gainesville as well as in The Big Parm so it seemed like a natural to partner up with this city. The opening of the new arena, The Big Cock, will be attended by special Dragon's guest player and a man who loves big cocks, Esa Parmborg! As part of the opening ceremonies Esa will sacrifice a live chicken and toss it onto the grill at the opening tailgate ceremony since there's no sense wasting a big cock when there's parm to be made. The Dragons know it will be a long hard journey to grow the Cocks into a respectable franchise but it should be worth it in the end. @Steelhead77

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 05:11 PM by ToeDragon84.)

The Winnipeg Jets would likely affiliate with a team that's based out of a Canadian city, and it's probably going to be in Manitoba, along with the Jets if the owners have any common sense. The target city I am thinking would work the best would be the wonderful and happy Winnipeg. The arena the Jets play in could support their minor league affiliate with ease, so they'll go there.

The name of the team should differ a great deal from the Winnipeg Jets I'll say, we want some unique, and most importantly ORIGINAL branding here in the SHL, so the Winnipeg Jets would name their affiliate team the Manitobaba Moose.

Notice how there's an extra 'ba' and the end of Manitoba. This is because Manitobaba's mascot is literally just a guy riding a moose, a 'man on top of a moose'

Get it? Manitobaba Moose? It's very original. Winnipeg Jets Assistant GM/CO-GM/President @Troy_McClure03 will be in charge of player development in Manitobaba. He's very smart, funny, kind, and has a large pennncil box for writing things down all the time.

[150+ words]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

The Minnesota Chiefs new Minor league team is the Mayosota Chefs. This team plays out of the city of Mayo, Florida. The Minnesota Chiefs have been obsessed with Mayo since the begging, so it is only natural that they find a city called Mayo. With it being a small city this is a motive to bring good hockey to small places. No child left behind kind of motto. The colors are light blue, yellow and white. The light blue is because why not and Hellmanns logo is also blue (yes, hellmanns is the official sponsor of the Mayosota Chefs). We chose yellow because a common ingredient in Mayonnaise is eggs, egg yolks are yellow. Finally the white because you have to have white. Clearly this leaves one amazing person to take charge and be the owner of the new team. @Winter is Coming,  has made it perfectly clear that the one thing they love more then Shibas is Mayo, so it is only fair that Wic is the Owner of the new and improved Mayosota Chefs. 
(Mayo FL is a real place)
*This post is not sponsored by Hellmanns

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

The Calgary Dragons could use a minor league team for sure! With the new SHL minor league opening up, the Simulation Coast Hockey League, or SCHL for short, there is a scramble for teams to grab their new city and branding. Calgary has decided that they want to keep their team close to home, so that travel between call ups isnt too hard. For that reason, Calgary is deciding to stay in Alberta for their minor league squad. They have announced that their new minor league team will be:

the Red Deer Red Sauce!

The name is simple, the great Chicken Parmesan clan led by Steelhead77 is still going strong with the Dragons. A crucial part of any quality Chicken Parm is the sauce, so this seems like a no brainer addition to me. Taking over management would be none other than Calgary Dragons great Esa Anrikkanen. After a very storied career, he has put himself on the fast track to SHL league management, and what better place to start than his old team's minor league affiliate?