Create Account

Weekend Fun Time: Make the Case (S49)

The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

For:

New England is a team that just can´t stop winning games, got everything clicking. Calgary is no different, oldest of men Mike Izzy leading the team forward. He is a difference maker in every game and I doubt he will be stopping, so Calgary will have extremely positive year.

Code:
No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride

For: Listen, listen, it pains me to agree with this, but yes. I didn't think we'd be at the top of the standings necessarily, but I don't understand what's up. I still have faith that the Pride will bounce back next season, but I, for one, feel emotions v intensely, and one of them is disappointment in our season. But that's how lions are, u know? Lazy as heck and then boom, dinner time.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

For!
With such a stacked defensive core in front of him, it doesn't even matter if Leitner is a sieve as long as his Dmen make sure that only low risk shots come his way. Since the entire defensive group is just getting better (especially that second pairing), there is no way that Leitner doesn't break the record.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

08-24-2019, 09:41 AMesilverm Wrote:
08-24-2019, 09:13 AMFordyford Wrote: One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

For! - The Awards committee quite clearly showed that they have a bias towards Tampa Bay last season, as many of their players were given awards they definitely shouldn't have won. Therefore, it would be harly surprising if one of these rookies were to win the Jesster, although in my opinion there are more deserving candidates.

Against, this year it deserves to go to a goalie. And i think the goalie that deserves it is @SlashACM. You may be saying that he isnt a rookie anymore but i disagree. He still acts like a child on the site and got snubbed in his rookie season so basically it is the Awards Committee’s job to give it to him when he most deserves it which of course is NOW. Im looking at you awards committee... Ninja

I'm going to agree with you being against the prompt, and that it should go to a goalie this season. However, the goalie it should go to is Peter Larson! @Tomasnz has been absolutely stellar this season, taking over the net for Manhattan and running a .902 save percentage while keeping us to the top of the standings in the entire league. While the division format keeps us low in the conference standings, we are primed to go far thanks to this kid and he deserves his recognition.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

08-24-2019, 01:28 PMJayWhy Wrote:
08-24-2019, 09:41 AMesilverm Wrote: Against, this year it deserves to go to a goalie. And i think the goalie that deserves it is @SlashACM. You may be saying that he isnt a rookie anymore but i disagree. He still acts like a child on the site and got snubbed in his rookie season so basically it is the Awards Committee’s job to give it to him when he most deserves it which of course is NOW. Im looking at you awards committee... Ninja

I'm going to agree with you being against the prompt, and that it should go to a goalie this season. However, the goalie it should go to is Peter Larson! @Tomasnz has been absolutely stellar this season, taking over the net for Manhattan and running a .902 save percentage while keeping us to the top of the standings in the entire league. While the division format keeps us low in the conference standings, we are primed to go far thanks to this kid and he deserves his recognition.

Those are rookie numbers

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

Against: Buffalo's rookie sensation Monkey D Luffy will win the rookie of the year award this season. He will get buffalo out of their slump and be instrumental to their playoff push when he scores an ovechtrick against Tampa.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Quote:The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

AGAINST.

Until someone proves they can beat the overwhelming depth of the defending Challenge Cup Champion Buffalo Stampede in the playoffs, I'm writing off New England making a run through to the finals. Much like the upstart Tampa Bay team last year, the young Wolfpack will be declawed by the veteran Buffabro gang.

The regular season, like the last few seasons, is just a warm up for late season heroics for @Tomen and @WannabeFinn

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Code:
This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

If Chicago makes the playoffs sure, but Lagerfield's playing just as good as him if not better. More hits, more points, same +/- and more PK minutes while being the #1 forward on Tampa. Carter isn't even the #1 forward on his team.

[Image: 3.png]

Code:
One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

For, Soderberg is the 3rd most point scoring Tampa Bay forward while playing under 17 minutes a game. Cloutier has been instrumental in the 2nd line and was arguably the best player on it before swapping Andani and Kholin. It's going to one of these two.

[Image: 3.png]

Code:

FOR. I'd hardly be a good Barracuda if I said against, after all. After a relatively slow start to the season, we've managed to make our way to the top of the rookie scoreboard, and it's a thrill for Olivier to switch off the top spot with his roommate - and DuBolk's not far behind! FISH NOISES.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2019, 02:22 PM by MrStennett.)

Code:
A St. Louis Scarecrow will lead the SMJHL in points at the end of the season

This is an absolute no-brainer. Yeah, I know that Gaspard Boone is currently leading the J in points, but there is a lot of season left and he's only got a two point lead on Nicolaj Muller. I'd say that Muller or Mika Kandinsky have the best shot at overtaking Boone for the points lead, as they are both close to his current total and they play on what is statistically the best line in the league. Not to mention, both of them broke the record for most points in a season by a Scarecrows player last year, so it would be unwise to bet against either one.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

!AGAINST

This supposition is baseless and false. Even a cursory understanding of the league's voting habits and a glance at the stats would provide one with enough information to prove, unequivocally, that not only is Cameron Carter II unworthy of a Dar nomination, but that he's actually a career failure in unrestrained freefall. Glancing first at the hits tracker, the only stat sheet upon which CCII makes the short list, we'll see that he's no higher than 10th place, 25 hits behind first place Mikhail Lokitonov. Higher than CCII in both his and scoring we have Flacko Lagerfield (TBB), Mikhail Lokitonov (TOR), Sophia Bennett (WKP) and Rafe Ulrich (NEW). So little can be said about Cameron Carter II and his performance this year that, perhaps, it's better not to say anything at all. He's a one dimensional shadow of himself, a player who thinks only about padding his own stats and, even in that endeavor, comes up short time and again. If ever there comes a time that this menace to the league, this garbage man, that this human one star review is given a Dar nomination, it won't be on the backs of his own effort but through attrition, only when the current greats step down might this heckler stand a chance of having his brush with greatness.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Code:
After a horrendous start, the surging Anchorage Armada will finish in the top 6 of the SMJHL standings

Against. Sure its possible for the Armada to turn around and claim the spot. They have some strong players, but they sit ninth in standings with everyone performing pretty well. In their last ten games they went 5-3-2 and sit at 35 points. Three teams above them sit one point ahead right now, and I don't know if they will be enough of a break away for the Armada to claim the 6th spot. I won't be surprised if they do, but I have to pick a side for the WFT.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride

AGAINST -- While the San Francisco Pride are certainly having a disappointing season relative to their expectations, the Winnipeg Jets have had a down season. After cruising to the Challenge Cup Finals, the Jets failed to capitalize on a 2-0 lead in the series and fell to the Stampede. Since then, they have slumped in the following season and will look to recapture their magic from last season.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

FOR: Based on the fact that New England drafted me, and I have a bias towards them, I believe they will for sure be in the final matchup versus the Calgary Dragons, who I also think will make it to the end, for some reason.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]