Create Account

S54 PT #5 - Parent's Day
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020, 11:24 AM by Toast.)

Klompus is too young to have children of his own so he made sure to video call his parents while getting ready for the playoffs in Newfoundland. With how things are at the moment it's hard to go see your family but Klompus made sure to send a card that had messages from the whole team about how great they are.

Klompus' parents are in the States and can't visit due to the closed borer but Klompus promised his parents that should anything change, he was going to make sure that they could to all of the Newfoundland games on their way to the Four Star Cup win. He has also started looking into homes in the St. Paul area for his inevitable move to the SHL within the next couple seasons.

Meanwhile, Lassi is essentially Jack's child with the Berserkers. To celebrate Parents' Day, Lassi got Klompus a ribbon that says 'You Tried' on it for coming in second overall for the league's +/- leaders and for probably falling just short in the Agante nominations.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Parents are the one of the biggest driving forces behind a hockey players success. My parents have always been there for me and my brother and sisters whenever we needed them. With the situation having halted my plans for Mothers Day, I decided to use Fathers Day to thank both of my amazing parents by taking them both to a steakhouse where they could have anything they wanted for dinner. Thanks to restaurant patios being open, we were able to eat out for the first time since the virus shut everything down across the world. My parents have been through the worst things a parent could go through. They have lost children at birth and told they could never have children again, making me and my younger brother miracle babies. They watched my brother go through losing a child just a few years ago, and are now just under a month away from meeting his new little girl and becoming Grandparents once again. I cannot express in words just how much my parents mean to me, I just wish everybody could have had amazing parents like did growing up.

PBE Affiliation

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020, 12:27 PM by bbjygm.)

Slap McShotty is a notorious sperm donor, regarded as one of the most generous of such donors on the east coast. His seed is so strong it would escape containment and invade other samples, eventually winning out over the foreign contender. As such, he has countless more children than officially recorded, which is a lot in its own right. Every father's day, his children, whether known or unknown, have an unexplained instinct to send Slap a gift. The amazing part is that many don't even know his current address, and yet they are able to send the mail to the correct location. Many studies have been performed on this phenomenon, attempting to determine the source of this homing-pigeon-like instinct, but nothing conclusive has yet been determined. All that can be observed is that these children put their pen to an envelope and the address writes itself. They even seem to know what kind of gifts Slap would enjoy based on his needs and interests at the time, and all gifts received by the man contain no duplicates. Essentially, he's crowd-sourced his father's day.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Kyle Sutton is the father to a beautiful little three-year-old girl. Sutton isn’t very materialistic, so he never wants or expects any gifts for any special occasion. However, this Father’s Day Sutton’s wife traced everyone’s hands and made art with them which is now proudly hung on the wall. Spending the day together as a family is the most important thing and trumps anything else. An adventure was taken into a forest where tons of wildlife was observed, and scenery marveled at. Photos were taken to capture this special day and will be reflected on in the years to come.

Kyle’s parents live in different areas of Canada so unfortunately visiting them on their respective days was not an option. He is a good son though and with technology being a thing, he was able to video chat with both parents so they could see their granddaughter which to them was better than any other gift Sutton could have gave.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

Michael Scarn had a good Father's day weekend. Michael Scarn has always dreamed of having a big family, with tons of kids and they would all have to be his friend and not be able to say no. Michael Scarn has a nice family with Catherine Zeta Jones Scarn, who was notoriously murdered by the evil Goldenface. Scarn did not remarry after his wife was killed by Goldenface, and has turned down numerous women during his time serving as a special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigations and the Central Intelligence Agency. Scarn initially turned down the opportunity to play hockey professionally in the National Hockey League because hockey players are on the road too much and Scarn would not have had the time to spend time with his family. Now that his kids are all grown up and his wife is dead, Scarn has started playing hockey again and is now in the SHL.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

This year Piotr flew his entire family out to Texas for the week to spend some time there. Some in the family had been there before from when Vasily played there and were familiar with the area. This year was a little bit different as the Horvat boys had a surprise for their parents. Being that two of the sons owned property in Texas, it only seemed fair that the rest of the family have a vacation home there as well. So this year, they gave their parents the keys to a small condo near the arena. This was a shock to them as the family comes from a working class background and were not used to lavish gifts, but it was time. Having had a son living in the area for almost the last two decades, it seemed only fitting that they were also able to enjoy the benefits.

[Image: horvat3.png]

[Image: pt_jumbo.jpg]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

My player intends to never have children so who knows how I'm going to manage to write 150 words about a PT that literally only is about having children. Just kidding, I actually read past the first sentence and realized that I was wrong and I can write about my own parents, wow! For father's day, I bought my dad a nice pair of Adidas running shoes. Just one pair of shoes, because personally I only have one dad. A mixture of grey, black, and white, they look really nice. Drake once said "checks over stripes" but Drake was wrong. I'm saying stripes over checks baby. We already know. The shoes are also ultraboost-esque. They are not actually ultraboosts, but they have a lot of padding on the bottom, which will be great for him as he likes to go on long walks every evening. Can't wait to see what I have in store for father's day next year! Not vibing with this PT, but somehow it's not the worst this season, wow.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Guy is still too young and in the beginning of his career to have kids but he does have parents.  Since it is a hockey family he figured that the best gift would be related to that.  Guy decided to go out and find a very rare Wayne Gretzky signed puck that was an actual game puck that he scored a hat trick with many years before.  His dad was absolutely thrilled with the gift and is excited to put in his case of memorabilia.  They shared a pint or two of Guinness when he gave it to him which if you asked him was as nice as the gift itself.  They had some laughs, grilled some great steaks and shared a cigar or two.  Of course every O'Shea gathering ends up in the basement hockey area where a slap shot competition broke out.  The old man still rips them in there like he did back in the day.

Code:
159 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

What Alexander Wachter had to say about parent's day: "Parent's day was never a big thing in the Wachter family. My parents moved from Europe to America so it wasn't something that they could do easily. Of course the typical phone calls back home to my grandparents. As a professional athlete that's something that normally not fit your schedule. My father told my earlier this year when he visited me in Texas to watch some games, that my mother is very happy for me but also terribly suffering from being so far from home. So this year I decided to surprise her on Mother's Day, because our game schedule was good around that time of the year, no games for a few days. A short talk with my GM and I was on the plane to Los Angeles flying back home. It's such a fantastic feeling when you see your mother crying for joy, just because you come home. It was a fantastic day before I had to go back to Texas and play some hockey.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

simon takshaks father is tokek takshak, renowned for being an astoundingly mediocre dman for the manhattan rage and a pretty good one with the vancouver whalers.

tokek takshaks passions mostly revolve around food, so simon got tokek a new set of cast iron pans for fathers day. cast iron pans are quite heavy, but they are also excellent for cooking if properly maintained. tokek takshak is personally quite fond of searing off steaks in his cast iron pans using butter or duck fat. they also make exceptional grilled cheese sandwiches.

the takshak family is well known for entertaining at dinner parties inviting many friends to eat whatever is cooked.

the set of cast iron pans, while heavy and difficult to maintain, will surely help them as they cook and grill there way to more success in thr shl.

simon takshak plans to acquire a cast iron pie iron for camping soon

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

Noah is a parent to many little bastard children. Being a young hockey phenom, he's traveled to many lands near and far, and he's always willing to sow his seed in the fertile lands while he visits. Being that he travels so much and doesn't stay in one place for long, he has very little contact with his little spawns of satan, and thus parents day isn't really something that he has a chance to celebrate as the main recipient. He does however always make sure to return home and visit his own parents on their big days to honor those that have raised him to be who he is today. When he's visiting home, he'll typically treat his parents to a nice fancy meal out at a restaurant. Depending on the weather, the whole family (brothers and sisters included) will try to do something outdoors as well like a barbecue or a trip to the family cabin.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Aww this is sweet. While my current player Karlstraße Scholz isn't a parent quite yet, he is the son of my previous SHL player Nikolaus Scholz so I'll do this PT around the two of them. Building off of the previous PT, Karlstraße brought his father Nikolaus on his cooking show for a special Father's day meal. Keeping it rather simple they made a delicious meal of steaks grilled to perfection on the bbq, paired with some golden roasted potatoes and a wicked Caesar salad, with extra garlic. Opting for a refreshing beer over a nice wine, the boys shared a couple craft IPA's courtesy of an up and coming local Edmonton brewery called Blizzbeers. the name left something to be desired, but the beers were quite good. The episode proved to be quite a hit and posted one their highest TV ratings to date. Nik appeared to have a good time as well and it was a good opportunity to see what's going on with the Edmonton Blizzard.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride