Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 06:05 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

01-21-2021, 05:01 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
01-21-2021, 04:33 PM.bojo Wrote: OK, let's put our emotions aside for a second. Next time just put the status of the index in the state of the union thingy. It's an important thing. Boom, done.
Nour mentioned it twice, I guess it not having it's own heading is the issue?

TBF, Saying that parts of the forums are being removed for the future index isn't really an update on the index tho.

But now we've gone in circles for a while so ya lol, last post im doing on the matter this time around. Now we know whats up and the memeing has stopped, at least for the moment. All is (hopefully) well.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

01-21-2021, 05:56 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
01-21-2021, 05:01 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Nour mentioned it twice, I guess it not having it's own heading is the issue?

TBF, Saying that parts of the forums are being removed for the future index isn't really an update on the index tho.

But now we've gone in circles for a while so ya lol, last post im doing on the matter this time around. Now we know whats up and the memeing has stopped, at least for the moment. All is (hopefully) well.

I think the issue is that HO isn't that deeply involved in the new index work as most of them don't do development work. Work has also slowed down so there just isn't a lot more to report on it until we have something to show. I gave an update here with more details: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2971545

I did some work on my part today and improved the csv import process so we no longer have to manually set which season the import is, it's now done automatically for both the old and new index. I've also been working with grok on the database side to move things from the old databases to the new index's database. These aren't the things holding it up right now, but they are part of the work that we need to have done. I am hoping that the front end part of it can be done this offseason (fingers crossed tightly) and we can have a new index with the same info as we have now very soon, then the focus shifts to adding new features.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Dank discussions guys.

Keep it up!

RETIRED

[Image: hell.jpg]

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-21-2021, 06:26 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
01-21-2021, 05:56 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: TBF, Saying that parts of the forums are being removed for the future index isn't really an update on the index tho.

I think the issue is that HO isn't that deeply involved in the new index work as most of them don't do development work.  Work has also slowed down so there just isn't a lot more to report on it until we have something to show. I gave an update here with more details: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2971545

I did some work on my part today and improved the csv import process so we no longer have to manually set which season the import is, it's now done automatically for both the old and new index. I've also been working with grok on the database side to move things from the old databases to the new index's database. These aren't the things holding it up right now, but they are part of the work that we need to have done. I am hoping that the front end part of it can be done this offseason (fingers crossed tightly) and we can have a new index with the same info as we have now very soon, then the focus shifts to adding new features.

Towel Towel Towel Towel

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I like eggs

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

01-21-2021, 07:04 PMFitted2106 Wrote: I like eggs

Guilty pleasure: Waffle House bacon/egg/cheese hash brown bowl.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-21-2021, 07:10 PMztevans Wrote:
01-21-2021, 07:04 PMFitted2106 Wrote: I like eggs

Guilty pleasure: Waffle House bacon/egg/cheese hash brown bowl.

How is that guilty pleasure. That’s just delicious

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

So yeah I think both sides have said their piece about the Slappy issue now... Any chance we can get back to the great initial discussion we had about stuff like the milestones or the update scale now Smile ? Also please just kill CW and hand out those TPE some other way, but I guess I'm just beating a dead horse here Stfu
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 08:08 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

01-21-2021, 05:30 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: The Index - I have no idea how much work truly goes into it all. It's crazy from what I can tell. How much would hiring someone from the outside cost to make us an index? I'd personally chip in, as this site has been so important to me for the last 4 and half years. I feel like a decent amount of us would. Is there a ballpark figure? Wondering how cost effective it would be. Could be a better alternative. I'd also be wiling to just straight up pay Evan, but he might just want/need the time for himself. He's insanely busy, as we know.

My personal fee is $50/hour. That includes designing the system from database to api to frontend, databases, backend programming, website development, dev ops (server stuff like deploying code and working on docker for containerization), bug fixes, and anything else.

I would expect this to easily, easily end up costing well over $5,000. Like that's a low ass estimate considering that only adds up to 12.5 days of work.

Ya'll should literally be kissing the ground @esilverm, @DrunkenTeddy, @Nobody, @grok , @Skeleton Party, @Scrufdaddy, @"luketd" and @kenvald walk on for doing this for free.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

01-21-2021, 08:08 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
01-21-2021, 05:30 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: The Index - I have no idea how much work truly goes into it all. It's crazy from what I can tell. How much would hiring someone from the outside cost to make us an index? I'd personally chip in, as this site has been so important to me for the last 4 and half years. I feel like a decent amount of us would. Is there a ballpark figure? Wondering how cost effective it would be. Could be a better alternative. I'd also be wiling to just straight up pay Evan, but he might just want/need the time for himself. He's insanely busy, as we know.

My personal fee is $50/hour. That includes designing the system from database to api to frontend, databases, backend programming, website development, dev ops (server stuff like deploying code and working on docker for containerization), bug fixes, and anything else.

I would expect this to easily, easily end up costing well over $5,000. Like that's a low ass estimate considering that only adds up to 12.5 days of work.

Luke, pay this man ^

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

01-21-2021, 08:19 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
01-21-2021, 08:08 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: My personal fee is $50/hour. That includes designing the system from database to api to frontend, databases, backend programming, website development, dev ops (server stuff like deploying code and working on docker for containerization), bug fixes, and anything else.

Luke, pay this man ^

I know it's a joke but in a real work environment I probably wouldn't accept this project. The data they have to work with is impossible. I think it was Skeleton Party who made the script that translates box scores into the db information and that looked like a nightmare.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Watch everynight or join in once?

Only the real ones will understand.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but as a semi active member for years and now being a goalie in this crazy log jam, I'd consider moving to a positional player but obviously keeping all my TPE to put into that player. 1 goalie gone might help?

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

01-21-2021, 05:30 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: As for the actual topics at hand:

The Index - I have no idea how much work truly goes into it all. It's crazy from what I can tell. How much would hiring someone from the outside cost to make us an index? I'd personally chip in, as this site has been so important to me for the last 4 and half years. I feel like a decent amount of us would. Is there a ballpark figure? Wondering how cost effective it would be. Could be a better alternative. I'd also be wiling to just straight up pay Evan, but he might just want/need the time for himself. He's insanely busy, as we know.
I recall someone in HO maybe 3-6 months ago, threw out a ballpark of tens of thousands of dollars (20-30k is what's coming back to mind, I could be wrong. I know he was reluctant to share a number at that time). This is an insanely awesome project that a guy is doing for free. I hope his classes and two internships have been awesome, and whenever he has time to dig in for the next steps he can get back to it. I can't being to imagine the back end work.

Teddy shared some stuff a few posts up. Good stuff on the dev team.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]