Create Account

S64 PT #2: Deficit

Prompt 2:

Pablo Salvatici needs money and lots of money fast. He's a big gambler and has made and lost millions so there is absolutely no shot that he tells his gm @hotdog that he's taking a pay cut so the team can get back in the black. He's run the books himself and knows how much money he's able to ask for. His latest kick is SHL trading cards and he needs so much money for those it's unreal. He's playing until he gets every player that has been represented by his agent so he's prepared to spend millions to get them. He also is big on Italian fashion being from Italy himself and will spend as much as he can on that. Really he's just a high roller and a big spender and shouldn't be let anywhere near Vegas if you want to see him within the next four days. He loves the lavish lifestyle and will live it up as long as he can.

165 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: vikian.gif]

Colin Lambert always takes as little money as he can with each contract. He purposely negotiates for as little money as possible so the rest of his contract can be paid out in a ridiculous amount of Tootsie Rolls. It's very well known that Colin has been trying to make a life-size replica of the Eiffel Tower made completely out of Tootsie Rolls in his backyard. Every time his contract is up, he milks Dwight's sorry ass for every Tootsie Roll he can get his hands on. When he finally completes his build, Colin Lambert's maniacal plan is to replace the real Eiffel Tower with his chocolate replica. Then he'll finally prove to his stupid mom that he actually amounts to something. She will have no choice but to respect him and his Tootsie Tower. But what kind of chaos will ensue when he pulls the trigger on his evil plan? Has Colin thought this through? Has he wasted years molding chewed Tootsie Rolls in his backyard? I don't know. But the bottom line is that he always takes as little money as possible and makes up the rest of it in thousands of tons of little chocolate rolls.

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Prompt 1 I think

So the team's treasurer's son spent a bunch of money on something eh? Embezzlement and shit I suppose. Now how do we save money/make new money?

A lot of answers have talked about saving money, but I think we need to make more money. Clearly Hordle is an experienced game designer, after all the play-testing he has facilitated. But how does he get his product out there? Advertising of course.

Now how does advertising and the SHL go hand in hand, or at least from a team perspective? Logos have become a thing on NHL helmets, but why not add more? Players have tattoos that cover their bodies, why not have advertisements that cover most of a jersey? I think we should be pimping out uniform space to advertisers to make the most money, that way we don't actually have to save money. It's ingenius, clearly. I also don't know how to spell ingenious. I think that's the right one.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

Prompt 2:

While Jeff is very open to taking a cut for the team's success, a mistake unrelated to my and the team's on-ice performance is not my issue, nor is it the issue of my teammates and colleagues that will suffer loses through this. As a player and influential member of the organization, I would make sure to force management to pay the employees of the organization as well as the players what they are worth, and sit out and gather colleagues to go on strike. It's not about love for the game, or whether or not I need the money, its that I and my colleagues shouldn't feel the losses of a corporate mistake and we will make sure management knows. If they are sure that the workers will still be treated well and they want to keep the team a contender with the money I'd save them then I'd take it, but if they saved the money and left the cap space open I would certainly be upset with management.

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

PBE CW

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

As rumors are now going around the locker room about a complete loss in money and what can go around for the next set of contracts. As the General Manager of the Los Angeles Panthers has called me, Joseph Weston, has called me into their office to discuss a potential next contract, Joseph Weston finds that the answer is relatively easy. Joseph Weston likes money, but he likes supporting the team far more. As such Joseph Weston does not need a lot more money than most people. This means that there is no secret he is hiding that he needs the money for and instead he would very much like to support the team more. Joseph Weston has always been a team first sort of person and securing more money for the team overall is the priority here for Joseph Weston. Especially for a team that was just at the Challenge Cup Finals, helping secure that would be just truly amazing

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Borje Samuelsson is a big fan of hockey, that's why he's in the SHL. However, he also believes in his worth. So no. Borje would not take a pay cut to help the team. Is that selfish? Some would say yes, but I don't think so. Think about it for a sec. He's worked his entire life to get to this point. He's gotten injured, missed out on parties and family events, all so he can live the life of a pro hockey player. And now the team wants him to take a paycut because of something dumb on their end? Nah, that's not gonna fly. Borje will ask for more money, in fact. He'll ask for the absolute most that the team can afford and ask them to give him every penny, since they like to spend money so much. That will surely ruffle some feathers. But it is what it is.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Of course sabor would take a pay cut for the team. She's only ever wanted one thing, and that's to play hockey at the highest level. Without money, the game is still the same to her, she's so much more passionate about that than about anything to do with the dough. Her family doesn't come from much and as such she's willing to live a more humble lifestyle if that's what helps her win and do everything she can for the team. She'd scale back some of her more expensive lifestyle decisions, like spending money on fancy cheeses and high end gaming gear, which is her primary hobby in her time off from hockey and training, but she'd easily be able to live a more than comfortable lifestyle no matter how little the team paid her for her play. She'd easily be happy to turn down the money to keep playing and help her team win more.

It's very weird being the player that has the general manager as their player agents. Sometimes you worry that the guys are thinking that you are the favourite without good reason and are just getting your spot in the lineup because the guy that's supposed to negotiate for your money is also the guy that needs to manage the money that is being sent to the players. I was called to the general manager's office and once I got there Toast was hoping that I would take a team-friendly deal. On the promise that he would make sure that I get the pay-day that I deserve, he was hoping that I would be happy to take almost nothing to sign currently. Of course, I know better than that and I will do whatever it takes to make sure that I get a deal worthy of my time and something that I'm able to support my family with.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2022, 10:27 PM by dogwoodmaple. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE affiliate PT CW

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Atticus Hale doesn't really care about big contracts or the high life that comes with it. He's strictly business most of the time and spends a lot of his time on the ice working on his game or in the gym working on his conditioning. His love for the game means more than money. He does however have obligations. He’s very close to his family and provides for them the way they did for him on his journey to the SHL. That said, Atticus is a team player and is willing to take a pay cut to help the team as long as it doesn’t negatively impact the support he provides his family. He himself lives a relatively humble life compared to a lot of the game’s big money players. The ice is his home away from home after all, and until he chooses to start a family of his own, his house is merely a place to lay his head at the end of a long day.

[168 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

To save money, @notorioustig has decided to rebrand the Seattle Argonauts after a lucrative offer came in from Skyline Chili. We will now be playing under the new team name of the Skyline Cheese Coneys! This has not only injected a huge sum of money into the organization but has also revitalized the sorely lacking cafeteria. Before we only had dry chicken and unsauced pasta, but now we get God's greatest gift to this earth, Skyline. Have a tough practice and need something to chow down on? Grab yourself a couple coneys. Want to celebrate a huge win over another SHL team? Head on down and pick up a chilito or two. This has also given us plenty of money to afford any top tier free agents that may be hitting the market soon. The future is looking bright in Seattle and that's not just the yellow cheese you see on the coneys!

wc: 155

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]