Create Account

S69 PT #2: Contract Talks February 5th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Hodor has several unique contract stipulations:

- There must be a petting zoo in the locker room. Hodor loves animals and when he takes a break he wants to relax by petting some.
- Anti-wight arena reinforcement and security identification. Hodor doesn't like wights, so part of his demands are that the arena prevents wights from coming in anywhere other than the usual doorways and that security adopt a strict screening process to keep them from sneaking in with the crowds.
- The jumbotron must provide water to players on ice. Hodor gets thirsty when he plays and doesn't want to go to the bench all the time so there should be a way to provide that water. This can be in any form, such as long straws dropping down to the ice or auto-aiming water cannons that aim for players' mouths.
- The team must train and provide emotional support animals to any and all players that want one.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Contracts are likely the trickiest part of being a professional athlete. You spend your entire life playing during school, then in college or juniors, and then finally you make it to the professional leagues and now need to consider the serious implications that a contract provides. Previously, all you need to do is keep your head down and play your best. Everything else is mostly on rails, other than perhaps choosing specific schools or areas to play in, so you do not need to focus on the commercial aspects as much. But then you get to the pro-level, and suddenly your contract is the most important thing about your career. Being able to play at a high level to deserve a lucrative contract that is going to support you and your family is suddenly so critical and stress inducing. For Jon St. Ark, veteran of the league, he trusts his agents when it comes to contracts. They have relationships with the other general managers around the league and likely know what is best or possible for the goaltender.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 03:00 PM by TheGreatToeJam.)

Written Task: What special conditions do you want in your players contract? Is there a special snack that has to be in your locker stall every morning? A specific type of coffee stocked in the machine? A certain way the trainer must tape your stick or you'll throw a tantrum and quit? Tell me about what special requirements if any your player wants in their contract and why. (150+ words)

Growing up with humble beginnings never bothered Emil Egli. He enjoyed helping his family with the sheep farm and didn't feel like he missed out on much growing up. However, since he made the leap to North American ice, and came over to Maine before Edmonton - he has become a bit of a primadonna. 

First order of business, Egli needs a fifteen team no-trade clause. If he's getting it moved it better well be somewhere sunny. Might as well throw in a few pairs of swim trunks and some sun glasses while we're at it. And don't forget some team slides. Obviously. 

And being true to his Swiss roots, Egli needs his fondue before every game. And no, we don't care how bad it makes the dressing room smell. A few of those nice smokes sausages from Bavaria, and some legit baguette. None of that superstore shit. Good coffee, and Swiss chocolate should be enough to seal the deal.

Pleasure doing business with you.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Matsmith Soderberg-Tremblay is quite simple when it comes to his contract talks, there is really only a couple weird requests he has. The biggest one is a no trade clause to any team his parents are currently affiliated with. He doesn't want to have any stigma of nepotism around him, so he just asks to not go anywhere they are for the time being. The next thing and this one is kind of weird, is that he wants to make sure his stall always has beef jerky and electrolyte powder. He loves really salty food, so these two things during intermission and after practices really fuel him. Other than that he doesn't have many other demands in his contract. He will say though, that next contract he is thinking of making it so that he always has to be at least 4 stalls from Moose, cause like he loves that Moosey moose, but wow can he stink up a room at a moments notice.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Creative Prompt

Being born in a pretty cold country, Lund love to get that feeling back. In Norway, he loved to take a cold bath with ice before a game. In his contract, it is stipulated that before everygame, a maintenance member must prepare a big bath of cold and icy water, and install it in the middle of the locker room. Lund take that bath in the middle of all his teamates changing and preping for the game. Since the first time Lund came in America, he felt in love with UTZ cheese balls. For him to sign in St-Louis, he needed to have some cheese ball always available in every complex of the St-Louis stadium; the gym, video review room, locker room, and even on the bench for practice and game. He even got the chance to sponsor some UTZ merch. These 2 thinks (ice bath and cheese ball), must be included on the contract, or Lund will just go back to his country.

166 words

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Taschen Messer takes his money very seriously. Hockey careers don't last forever, and disaster could strike on or off the ice and end a career in an instant. He's been diligent about saving for the future since the moment he got out of junior and started getting paid to play hockey. Being a Swiss citizen, he has access to some of the world's finest and most stable banks, which he makes sure to take advantage of. Besides taking his money seriously, he also takes control of his money very seriously. He doesn't want to hand over responsibility for his financial future to a random financial advisor or faceless corporation; he does a lot of research to identify healthy long-term investments and checks their performance on regular basis. He does employ an agent for contract negotiations, because he doesn't need to deal with the stress of trying to negotiate directly with the front office himself. An agent can negotiate more effectively, and even though he takes 3% off the top, if using an agent gets him paid 10% more than he would otherwise, Taschen knows he's coming out ahead. Taschen wants to be comfortable for the rest of his life after hockey, plus have enough left when he's gone to get any future children off to a good start in life. To that end he negotiates the unusual step of having all his performance bonuses and 80% of his base salary paid directly into a long-term investment account, only taking 20% in cash. Between that 20%, league revenue-sharing, and various endorsement deals, he can live well even while most of his money goes to work making him more money. It means he drives a hybrid Subaru Outback instead of a 2023 Range Rover, but he'd rather live like a regular person anyway. Now is the time to focus on hockey so he can live large later.

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

CREATIVE PROMPT

Luca has been planning this for a while now. He made a list a long time ago about things he would need in order to sign a contract in the SHL. Firstly, and most importantly, he would need his own private spa. He has heard of other players getting a Spa in the arena and he wants his. The spa would be locked with the only keys given to Luca and the cleaning staff. As an extra special condition, hiring a teammate to be the only person on the cleaning staff. Secondly, he would need an endless spaghetti bar. Kind of like a salad bar, but with spaghetti. The bar would include different kinds of sauces, noodles, cheeses, and bread. This too would need to be locked for only Luca’s use. Finally, he nice sum of money would make the contract perfect. While it may seem like Luca would hog these things for himself, Luca is known for his caring nature and would gladly let teammates into the Spa or use the Spaghetti Bar.

[174]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Harrington always tries to put in some bullshit contract stipulations to humiliate his managers. In the past he has forced them to paint pictures to present to him, he has forced them to write poetry about his favorite online celebrities, and he has forced them to say silly things in front of the camera. He has kind of gotten lazy on this practice, so he is trying to come up with something dastardly for his next contract negotiation. Probably going to make his managers participate in some sort of fear factor type deal like eating buffalo poop or taking a slapshot to the dick. Or maybe some sort of social engineering where the managers ask Chimkin Wing for his amazon password so that he can do a little snooping early on for a good birthday present. There are potentially a lot of things to include in a contract to make everyone's life miserable and all of these will be considered.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

in my 2nd contract I have a lot of clauses, some because of my dual sport status. Demands include, being able to miss practice and sit out some games during overlap time. (only a couple of months, 1 at the start and end of the year). No trade clause, GM's can talk to me whenever they want, I get my own suite for friends and family. Just all the basic extras a star player would have because I do think I have that potential, and im gonna be making whatever money they tell me to make to help the team because I understand it is what you have to do to win nowadays. so, I am gonna make up for a few mill I may not get, in other places. Player contract skill are incredibly important in today's world that is very team based. You gotta make yourself AND the team happy. There are always two signatures on a contract, both parties should be happy

167 words

People just assume signing contracts is about the money and the term, but there is so much more to it. When I speak to my agent about my contract requirements, I give him a list of things I want included (sometimes the list is long, other times very short), but I always try to get something extra on top of the dollars and cents.

For my last contract negotiations I requested that I get a heated seat in my stall in the dressing room. Sometimes the dressing rooms can be a little cold because everyone wants the temperature differently, so having a heated stall seat was something I wanted.

Another one was that I had my own bathroom. I like to get comfortable when going to the bathroom, so being able to have my own would make things relaxing and I would be much better prepared before a game.

Lastly, I want a percentage of ownership of the team I sign with. This one is a tough one and has yet to happen, but fingers crossed!

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

One season when I signed with Buffalo, I made @Tomen make a video where he said I was super swole and handsome or something like that and then he also had to say it in German. It was really great and I still have the video. In my next one I might make a demand that @Zombiewolf has to be naked in the locker room 24/7 and has to room with me and also we have to go to dinner every night and make love in front of the fire place every night after dinner. On top of that, I would also like Lee to be banished to the netherworld and not allowed to ever return. He smells. And for my final demand, I would like tomen to stop being so matter-of-fact about everything, even though it is permanently chiseled into his German personality, he still needs to relax a little bit about his "ACHYUALLY" nerdge type shit.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Written Task: What special conditions do you want in your players contract? Is there a special snack that has to be in your locker stall every morning? A specific type of coffee stocked in the machine? A certain way the trainer must tape your stick or you'll throw a tantrum and quit? Tell me about what special requirements if any your player wants in their contract and why. (150+ words)

Billy Herrington, a player for the Detroit Falcons in the SMJHL, is a well-rounded talent. He's a skilled hockey player, a well-established film star, and a connoisseur of Japanese manga. That's why it's no surprise that his contract negotiations always include clauses that allow him the time and flexibility to continue pursuing his acting career, a stack of fresh manga in his locker stall, and removing all the walls in the locker room's showers for improved team chemistry.

Billy's unique combination of skills and interests make him a valuable player both on and off the ice. Whether he's scoring goals, acting in a film, or reading manga, he always brings a level of showmanship that sets him apart from the rest. It's this type of dedication to his craft that solidifies his status as a true performer at heart and a fan favorite.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

For Kayden Pale, he was drafted by New England out of junior coming up into the league New England was one of the worst teams Struggling too win games Losses piled up for a couple years there though there was a changing point they brought in Luke too be a Gm in New England Kayden was super found of his moves tho he didnt like him drafting the player who was only set on one team with early pick and just blowing that pick is when he did ask too be traded too a contender which brought me too Chicago for 2 Seasons it was nice playing for a winner finnaly while watching the highlights each night it seemed New England was getting better and better and was alot younger than The Chicago team Kayden Pale was on and he bet he could land a better roster spot with New England so he decided too come back now in standings New England and Chicago are neck and neck

Quote:
Citadelles