Create Account

S73 PT#2: Who's on First?

After a couple weeks of sunning himself on a Jamaican beach it was time for Egli to pack his shit and head back to Edmonton. The owners of the Blizzard called him to let him know that the kids from the kids from the Jamaican hockey camp would be joining him in a few weeks to watch the Blizz gang play at home. 

Upon his return he figured he would stop by @HabsFanFromOntario's office just to make sure the box was available for them. And guess what he said? Put those pip squeaks outside to watch on the big screen with the rest of Edmonton. Egli was heartbroken. Why would the bad man do this to those poor innocent children?

Egli couldn't just stand by and let this injustice unfold. He bought tickets for each and every kid out of his own salary, he even let them crash in his apartment! They had the time of their lives, not just watching the game but also throwing rotten tomatoes at HFFO's car.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

For sure Nevek Kove would bring all the kids to a trip around the old Quebec. Even if they won or not, they would be part of the city trip. They would mostly go around the Chateau Frontenac and probably go take a hike around the canyon Sainte Anne. They would also go see the Quebec City Aquarium as well. After all of that, Nevek Kove would buy all of them Glass seat for the next game against the team's biggest rival, the Detroit Falcons. For the team that didn't win the scrimmage, he would get them some seat in the row just behind cause really, for Nevek Kove, he never leave someone behind. They just won't get as an amazing experience as the other team. Of course, after the game, all the kids would get to skate around with the current Quebec City Citadelles players and some of the alumni that he invited as part as this activity.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Option 2

What would I want defensemen to do? Well that's easily answered! They could learn the martial sciences as taught to Frank Dux (portrayed by Jean Claude Van Damme in the greatest film of all time Bloodsport) and bring those skills to the ice! In the same manner used to defeat Chong Li in the Kumite, so could the defensemen of our great organization bring the pain to our enemies! We could defeat them! We could throw sand in their eyes! Yes, I know Chong Li did that to Frank Dux but it could work! Now you may be thinking, "hey dum dum! There's no sand! We play on ice!" To which I reply, "Hey, bigger dum dum! We bring the sand! They'll never expect it!" Then, much as Frank Dux, our defensemen could do the splits, punch our enemies in the junk! Now, to that you might say "you'll be ejected!?" To which I say, our defensemen can still have children unlike our enemies!
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 09:19 PM by Jorec.)

Prompt 2

Defensemen come in all types of flavours. Offensive, defensive, old school and goon and while Andren would never presume to tell a defender what to do, there are a few things he hopes they will do. The first is to hang far enough back to be able to stop the break out if we happen to mess up while forechecking. I know I can only speak for myself but I love to do in deep and hard. Really give it to the opposing team, yea know? But that comes with risk and that risk is that the puck will be turned over and they'll be off the to the races the other way. Other then that, I really just want our defenders to be strong around the net. Don't let the opposing team get a bunch of whacks in at our goalie when the don't need too. Anything else they do to help out the team is gravy.

158 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Prompt 2

As a defenseman, there is a lot to think about when it comes to making sure my goalie is happy and seeing the least amount of pucks possible. The first big thing is positioning. Being in the right position and communicating with my D partner goes a long way in minimizing shots against and even chances against. Second is awareness. There's a big balance between jumping up to help forwards offensively, and being defensively responsible. Making sure I'm aware of the play and where the opponent players are also plays a key role in not allowing chances against.

Lastly, I think goalies would be happy if we just kept the puck out of our own defensive zone. This has a few factors, such as generating offensive zone time, making sharp breakout passes, and winning puck battles in our own zone. All of this would get the puck out of our side of the ice and into our forwards' hands where they can generate as many chances as possible against our opponents.

As a forward I do not feel particularly inclined to give defensemen advice, I understand it's a challenging position and not one I could play, especially as an offensive winger. Any advice I give probably comes off as overstepping a boundary and would be inappropriate. If I had to say something though, communication is huge. If you think you are going to rush with the puck, let me know so I can fall back and cover for you. If I don't know that you're rushing and I stay deep in the offensive zone, there could very easily be an odd-man rush if we turn the puck over. But other than that I don't think I have any advice. Just play your position and play your role and there's no issues. Good communication applies to everyone on the ice, not just the defensemen, so they shouldn't be singled out there. As long as they're doing their thing and I'm doing mine there are no issues.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

As a defenseman, the most important thing you can do to help the goalie out is allow the goalie to see the puck. This means clearing people out from in front of the crease, removing any screens being setup. In doing so, you also remove the chance of deflected shots, and rebounds. Stomping out any rebound chances is huge, because your goalie and can make an amazing save, but a poor rebound doesn't mean much if it leads to a goal. Helping out the goalie in those situations are huge. Possibly one of the bigger things to help the goalie out is closing the gap and forcing bad angle shots. Pushing players outside, or just skating right towards them and forcing them to pass or take a shot. Blocked shots can be huge for a team, but at the same time they could with risk as it can easily cause injury. If all else fails, you two hand the person in front of your goalie in the ankles then head to the lockerroom early for a beer as your team kills off your major penalty.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Isfl affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM by Takk806. Edited 2 times in total.)

Now this definitely is a hard one! If I had to pinpoint something that the Colorado Raptors and more importantly my client, the Big Tree number Three Xavier Saga would need out of its defensive core comprised of ORANJ KONHE (user @Esso2264 ), VALERIJA SERAPIN (user @Will3 ), NIK SMITH ( user @SmittyHextall ), LIAM RODGERS (user @ikarivirtual ), UPDATE PORTAL (user @wumaduce ) and NAPOLEON DINKLAGE (user @christopolees ), it would be for them to be less… AWESOME! Seriously, have you seen these players?!

VALERIJA SERAPIN is killing it in the fighting category, being the most victorious in the league at the moment.

NIK SMITH has been nothing but a human shield in front of our rookie goalie, stopping almost 40 shots more than anyone else in the SMJHL.

NAPOLEON DINKLAGE has been terrorizing anyone carrying the puck lately. How can a 5 FT 8 IN defensemen can lead the league defenseman in hits?! Truly impressive!

Some members of the team have been debating about asking LIAM RODGERS to sit at the table with us since he’s been scoring so much lately. Top in goals for a d-man. A true PP weapon too!

UPDATE PORTAL has been one of COL’s rock for a couple seasons now. Always in a position of leadership, they manage to stay a big piece of what it is to be a Raptor both on and off the ice. A legend!

Then there’s KONHE. I mean… What can I say about this? When NYR came into the GM office one day with a freaking traffic cone in his hands saying that this, THIS, was our missing piece, I honestly started regretting grabbing the Co-GM gig. I thought to myself, what the hell did I get myself into?! Now already halfway into the season, this freaking cone has double digits in points. This thing scored GOALS. I mean, HOW?! It’s ranked third in PIM. How can you put a traffic cone in timeout? I guess the recipe for success can be weird sometimes!

All this to say that, if I had to ask the d-core to change something about how they do things this season, I’d ask them to take it down a notch. They’re kicking ass so much that it can make the rest of us look bad. Please stop!

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

Quote:OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

Bnana NWaffle's position on the ice is being a forward and a few key expectations for the defensemen on my team is to help us succeed as a cohesive unit. First and foremost, I would want them to focus on maintaining a strong defensive presence. This means effectively clearing the puck from our defensive zone, blocking shots, and keeping opposing forwards at bay. Good positioning and stick work are vital. In addition to defense, I'd hope my defensemen would actively participate in the offense. A well-timed rush or a well-placed shot can catch the opponent off guard and contribute to our goal tally. Their ability to make smart, accurate breakout passes is also crucial. This helps us transition from defense to offense quickly and efficiently.

Communication is a key element too. I'd want my defensemen to constantly communicate with me and the rest of the team, calling out plays, covering the open man, and signaling for passes. Clear, concise communication can prevent turnovers and missed opportunities.

In the defensive zone, the defensemen should work closely with the goalie. They need to provide clear sightlines for the netminder, ensure rebounds are cleared promptly, and block shooting lanes to make it easier for the goalie to make saves. If I were a defenseman, my priority would be to support the goalie. I'd aim to block shots with my body, clear the front of the net to eliminate screens and second chances, and make precise breakout passes to initiate offensive plays. Communication with the goalie is key, ensuring we're on the same page for covering rebounds and marking opposing players in front of the net.

Ultimately, the synergy between forwards and defensemen, along with our collaboration with the goalie, is essential for a successful hockey team. Each player has a distinct role, but working in harmony leads to victory.

(306 words)

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Option 2:

As a center, the defense of my team is vital to my ability to be confident when playing as well as having the time and space available to me to play the game with some amount of freedom. I want the defense to be reliable, to be able to make a simple pass, not to overthink things, but to look for the first open player that isn't a risk and move the puck, while also being an option for me when I need to find someone to move the puck to. While it might sounds like passing the puck around without much direction, just for the sake of it, just moving the puck around safely is a really hard thing to do when you have another team trying to prevent it constantly. If a player on my blueline can trusted with that one thing, I don't really care about much else. They will chip in offensively through that one playstyle anyways, and will let us not work too hard to try to find some creative way to get the puck up the ice. Get open, and get the puck moving. Really simple.

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

Sven panda of the hamilton steel hawks is a one-man wrecking crew. He wins the game as a defenseman for his goalie by doing one thing, making the opposing team scared of being anywhere near his goal. It starts with dirty looks followed by dirty hits and then if it needs to get that far it goes into dirty fights. Sven Panda will never give the puck away, but he will make sure that the opposing team pays for even coming close to touching the puck. Oh wait. You looked at the puck prepare for a beat down buddy face meet ice. He's not concerned with drawing, penalties and spending time in the box as long as the other team knows that they don't belong any weird near his goalie if they ever want to get away unscathed. Even in the box he’s glaring at and yelling at the other team. His goalie will never be breached while he is on the ice. Many forwards try and test him, but they end up where they belong, on the ice and staring up at his face.

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

As a person who plays defense, John Brown believes that the real key to winning games is to stop the enemy team from scoring more goals than you. Thus, defense is the key to all games and should be the utmost priority of everyone playing hockey. So, this means that the team should focus on playing the body and using said body to utilize defensive strategy. Such a method would result in crazy things like blocking shots and preventing the opponents from scoring goals. By blocking shots you disrupt the enemy from using long passing plays and tiring out the defense in a way that should make sense, but honestly probably doesn't really. I think, thus, for John Brown he would believe that you should be willing to sacrifice the body to help the team. We should all be so honored as to be able to sacrifice our body for the betterment of others. It makes for a great time to help others and bring them up with you

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa