Create Account

S76 Championship Week Due: Thursday, May 23th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 09:18 PM by Fitted2106. Edited 1 time in total.)

3. Its been a long time coming for these teams because they made it that wat its there funeral and they asked me to tell them to take there puppys somewere else for xmas. Regardless its all so dumb and without some presence for you in this series there is nothing to say about Baltimore's chances at dancing in the locker room cause I'd rather eat my shoe so listen when i tell you that this crap will fly for less time then pigs ever will and i mean that with my whole ass chest so before you come back to setlle bussiness make sure you stand ten toes down because there wont be a single day that im left out in the cold so lick my tires before you call in your list to santa because without helium you cant have eggs best believe im the goat fam call your baby momma or her bestie cuz

Cw verification fitted

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
 Tree

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 09:11 PM by natedoeshockey. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

patyatime

+3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Long Time Coming (150 words min.)

Both teams were competent in early S60s but ultimately didn’t end up winning the cup leading both into a rebuild shortly after. Now they are back at the top, looking to end long cup droughts. Making it to the finals isn’t easy and so both teams will want to make this one count. But there can be only one Challenge Cup Champion, leaving the other team to look ahead to next season.For which of the teams you think it is more important to win now and which is in better position to get back to the final in the future? Why?

Patya thinking that for right now, as current time, is more important for San Francisco Pride for win Challenge Cup. Patya thinking this because Patya pretty sure San Francisco Pride not having as much of storied history as Baltimore Platoon am having. Patya thinking with way Baltimore Platoon has been for much long time, they have many more chance for come back to Challenge Cup Finals than San Francisco Pride. Maybe Patya wrong about this, but Patya am pretty sure he am right. If San Francisco Pride am winning, it am add to legacy of team much moreso than Baltimore Platoon. Baltimore Platoon am already having legacy and Patya knowing they could cement this even further, but this why is more important for other team. Patya just really hoping for see good finals match between these two teams because it has been much long since am see new teams in finals of Challenge Cup and is much exciting for Patya to get to witness this!

+3 TPE

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Presidents’ Trophy Curse (150 words min.)

Seattle Argonauts won both the Challenge Cup and Presidents’ Trophy in S68, but no team has won both during the same season since. Yet season 75 Los Angeles Panthers and season 72 Winnipeg Aurora both won the cup after being second best team during the regular season. Do you think that winning regular season has impact on playoffs performance outside of seedings and home advantage? Would you say San Francisco is better of coming into the series with second seed or will Baltimore get more out of their home advantage than any curse could hurt them?

Patya am going to do something he hear kids saying by "keeping it real with you, chief." Patya just going to come right out and say it: regular season and playoffs am totally different hockey. Winning regular season is only for have impact of seed and home ice advantage, and this is it. People am always see team do many goods during regular season and then collapse in playoffs. It because regular season really am not matter much. Patya thinking San Francisco Pride coming into series as second seed still not mattering much, and same for Baltimore Platoon coming in with home ice. Patya only really thinking this matter early on. Patya know that if you am making finals, it because you am much strong team and these things am not much affecting you. Patya watch other league, is called NHL, and many of teams in playoffs am much stronger on road and win road games more than home games! I know this sounding crazy, but is true. Patya know real key to success in playoffs is team depth. Deeper team is usually having much better chance for win.

+3 TPE

TOTAL: 9/8 TPE

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 09:39 PM by Seymour. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
bean

7. Graphic, 3 TPE, I have a plan

So either you won the cup or at least dream of doing so. And when you win you get to take cup with you and show it around. Create an image showing your player and most exotic place they would/will take the cup to.

[Image: sjUCOKe.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Simmer cw pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Code 3: San Francisco. San Fran hasn't appeared in a Challenge Cup and San Fran is Icee's hometown. Icee Richradson wanted to be drafted there, but now he got stuck in the Js for 4 seasons and got released by New Orleans. San Francisco and Baltimore had good players in the S60s but they failed. Now, both teams have good players and are facing off against each other in the Challenge Cup (should've been the Super Bowl in reality). Plus, the Bay Area hasn't experienced a hockey world championship yet. The SJ Sharks in reality almost won in 2016, where they lost the Stanley Cup to Pitt in 6 games. So, it would be nice to see a Bay Area hockey team take home a world championship in hockey.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 09:34 PM by MCP_.)

Code:

AP, +3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Neither of the teams have been relying on one or two superstar forwards to do all their goal scoring in playoffs, but if you had to pick a player you expect to carry their team to cup who would it be?
b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?
c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

b. It does feel a bit misleading: San Francisco is young and wild, so having a higher GAA can be expected. That being said, it doesn't matter too much if they're scoring everything in sight, and given the number of high scoring games they have had throughout the playoffs, it is not a problem. (53 words)

c. I believe it would be enough. It is an amazing statline to have, especially the 0 giveaways: that just does not happen often, and the fact that Soderberg-Snooks has that on top of great offensive production is a clear sign of having something special going on that the others can only dream of. (53 words)

e. This is a tough choice, given the fact that they have wildly different skillsets. Lions are of course notorious for their predator instincts and beats an eagle on pure size, but an eagle's flight gives it a distinct advantage/retreat options. All that said, if I had to pick, I would pick the eagle. (54 words)

+3 TPE

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 76! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

For this edition of the Challenge Cup Finals, the San Francisco Pride finally beat their demons and have won their first cup in San Francisco. Their success can be attributed to many factors, but having Justin Time backstopping, and being incredibly efficient with wins (3 of their 4 series were finished in 5 games) helped out a lot with load management. (61 words, +2 TPE)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

1. Trivia
Froggie

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 10:17 PM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Dune is incredibly boring

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Neither of the teams have been relying on one or two superstar forwards to do all their goal scoring in playoffs, but if you had to pick a player you expect to carry their team to cup who would it be?
b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?
c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
a. I think Viktor Hargreeves on SFP will carry their team. He did it throughout the regular season, there's no reason to believe he won't continue to do it throughout the finals. He's too good to be shut down by any team for an entire series regardless of how good they are defensively or how well they adhere to a system.
b. I think the numbers are misleading but I also still think that Beau Kavanagh still has the upper hand. It's more because the team plays so well together and that he knows how to play behind them and not that he is an especially incredible goaltender. He plays well within his team and system.
c. That is absolutely enough to make them the best defenseman in the playoffs. All of the points are great, but the number of takeaways and zero giveaways are what really make the difference. Points can come as part of being on the ice with other great players, but being able to create turnovers for your team and not give any up is what really puts a defenseman above the rest.
d. Baltimore had the easier path the to the finals. San Francisco had to go through Los Angeles and Winnipeg to make it, two really good teams as of recent. Meanwhile Baltimore got to play Atlanta in the first round, an aging Philly team and Hamilton was a total cake walk for them. No wonder SFP was able to take them down so easily.

Code:
11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!
I chose Czechia a long time ago when Blastmeaway was the head of the federation and I wanted to join them. Since then I've stuck with Czechia with every player. I love the people that are part of the federation, how much we talk and support each other outside of the SHL. Blast has come back recently and that made me so glad that I ended up staying there instead of moving to Sweden. I would like to have been in Sweden because there are some really cool people there too but I'm sure I'll be on SHL teams with them at some point.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

0. PBE Affiliate - 3/8

1. Trivia - 6/8
Confirmation: brevity

12. Home Country - 8/8
Originally, the reason that I chose Sweden as my home country was because I felt accepted and liked there, and knew that I would because it was the nation I created for on my previous player, James Kimanje. However, once I left the locker room due to some personal issues and needing to limit my time on Discord by removing servers I deemed non-essential, my value to that team has been absolutely nil since. Their federation head in charge of roster movements has completely cut me from the team in favor of another player - I don't know which player mind you - who has been more active in the locker room. I learned from my other fed head who gave me the courtesy of letting me know and apologizing. With my TPE tally of over 1900 and a regression buff on top of that, it makes no sense to me why you would bench a player and lose out on potentially a thousand or more TPE. Either way, I won't be recreating for Sweden.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 10:06 PM by KlusteR. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
ChildOfDust

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Long Time Coming (150 words min.)
Both teams were competent in early S60s but ultimately didn’t end up winning the cup leading both into a rebuild shortly after. Now they are back at the top, looking to end long cup droughts. Making it to the finals isn’t easy and so both teams will want to make this one count. But there can be only one Challenge Cup Champion, leaving the other team to look ahead to next season.For which of the teams you think it is more important to win now and which is in better position to get back to the finals in the future? Why?
While I have an obvious bias in the result of the finals going in San Francisco's favor, it would be hard to argue that the Baltimore Platoon is not the team for which this Challenge Cup final holds the most significance. Their core is mostly comprised of players that were drafted in the mid-to-late 60s, with some early 70s players filling up the rest of their lineup's depth - which means that for some of their players, this is as good a chance as they will get for the rest of their careers (I'm mostly thinking of Max Manning and Videl Valor when I say this.) Whereas when you look at San Francisco's line-up, their core is mostly filled with players that have yet to start fighting the inevitable cruelty of time known as "regression" - apart from some pieces they have traded for in the past off-season, like Justin Time or Luke Laraque, who are the elders of the team as S64 and S65, respectively. The point being, while Baltimore has no guarantee they will come back to the final dance, and thus want this Cup to solidify the legacy of its current core, we could be seeing the start of a strong run of form for the northern Californian team, which means that while they are hungry for their first franchise Challenge Cup, it's not the end of the world if they don't win it all this season.

(247 words)

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 76! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?
Levin has been living on Cloud Nine ever since his team, the San Francisco Pride, claimed the Challenge Cup in five games against the Baltimore Platoon last Saturday. While the number of games might tell the story of an expeditive series, the show on the ice was a wild, back-and-forth affair full of lead changes, solid goaltending performances and offensive prowesses from both teams. Ultimately, Baltimore's demise laid in the fact that they could only really stiffle San Francisco's high octane offense for the first two games of the series, losing by a 3-2 score in the first one, and recording a shutout in the second. But when a team's first line combines for 88 points in 21 playoff games, and that same team's second line produces 99 points in that time span as well... You can't hold those kinds of cannons quiet for long. I will leave you with one final thought : Dominik Winters deserves the Anton Razov trophy for Playoff MVP, and nothing that can be said will convince me otherwise. All three of us on that line (Winters, Webb and Schattenaxt) were brought into the team at the same time, and we've been glued to the hip since our call-up, so I can safely say that I would want nothing more than for him to bring individual hardware to our locker room for the next training camp.

(240 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

CW gm pass

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

1. buttstuff

a) Of the two teams, the player I would most expect to carry the team to a cup would be Willow Soderberg-Snooks for the pure fact that they led San Francisco in PIMS in the regular season. We all know that playoff hockey is tough and physical, so to save your body during the regular season by hanging out in the penalty box is smart on Willows part.
b) At the end of the day, save percentage and goals against average don't mean anything. The only thing that matters is your team having more goals than your opponent. You could have a save percentage of .999%, but that means nothing if at the end of the day the other team scored more goals than your team. For a goalie, it's about making saves at key times.
c) I think those stats do make Willow the best defenseman in the finals. Takeaways and giveaways are huge, and to not have any giveaways throughout playoffs is a key reason why San Francisco is at the finals. The goals and assists are important themselves, but not giving the puck is a lot more important for a defenseman during playoffs.

3. I think this Challenge Cup win would mean the most to the San Francisco Pride. For the longest time, they were the laughing stock of the team. They had incompetent GMs, problematic players, and fielded some of the worst teams in the league for multiple seasons. They are a team that has a very up and down history, but some of the downs are truly low points for any franchise. To get this Challenge Cup would help erase some of that bad history, to cleanse some of the stench that the franchise has attached to it. AS far as getting back to the finals in the future, I would say that both teams are set in a good position to return. They both have young players in the pipelline that will be able to replace some of the aging members of the team that they currently have. Plus both goalies have solid goalies that they won't have to worry about as the seasons go on.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2024, 10:21 PM by DigDoug11.)

trivia - 3 TPE smokes

ISFL affiliate 3 TPE

2.c 1 TPE - 70 words

When it comes to the best defense men in the finals, based on those stats alone is quite the impressive feat. I really like the no giveaways, that’s a crazy stat I’m my opinion.  So yeah, I would definitely give them the title of best dman in the finals. But I also haven’t looked deeply into the rest of players in the finals. But I’d still say they earned it.

2.e 1 TPE - 54 words

Eagle vs lion? I really want to pick the eagle just because they can fly and it would make them really hard to catch, but we see cats yoink birds out of the sky all the time, granted birds aren’t eagles, but I believe the lion would destroy the eagle once they caught it.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

1. Trivia - 3 TPE
Gatorade

3. Long Time Coming - 3 TPE
Honestly, there's really no real way to determine which team necessarily deserves it more. Cup droughts are brutal to play through, and I'm quite familiar with that as a GM and player (in the VHL) who has simply never won a cup. I joined in S71 over there, it is S94 now. So jeez, 23 seasons without a cup, and 6 total finals losses as a GM and player combined. I don't really know the history of either team, but I suppose I would have to root for San Francisco Pride considering my last player had a stint over in San Fran. I never played for Baltimore so I don't really have a reason to root for them. So yeah my decision pretty much just comes down to having a history with San Fran, even if I don't really know who's on the team anymore. Is Caleb still the GM over there even? Sigh, too much to think about.

6. Next season will be ours - 3 TPE (claiming 2)
Honestly team owners have to be pretty good at consoling fans after shortcomings considering how difficult it'd be to win in any given season. I imagine most of them get pretty creative. There's always the classic "thank you, fans!" that every team posts. Maybe some propaganda of players having fun on the plane back home or to their vacation spot. I hear some Boston team in the NHL is good at that. Here's some excerpt I suppose you can expect from a team owner - "Well, we fell short but we have the utmost faith in our staff and players to bounce back next season. We'll evaluate all potential moves to position ourselves as best we can, and will leave no stone unturned. We expect success and will aim to achieve it." Good enough? No? "Well we'll also sell some jerseys for a special discount of 5% off, so make sure to buy those for the playoff run we'll definitely have next season! Also we have rookies to not call up!"