Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

If there is one thing that everyone knows about hockey players is how they are superstitious. Whether it is Crosby and his Jock that he never wants to change or how Duncan Keith has 6 sticks a game depending how he is feeling so he changes between flexes and curves and lengths.

If my player was in a slump and it was time to change something or find a new recipe to change his pre game ritual, he would be all for it. Am I drinking magic potions or some sort of Parsley and Oregano shake, definitely not. But if he tells me to start having steak and eggs instead of pasta and salad, absolutely I am fully on board.

The man also tells me from now I should be participating for the full warm up. I should be the first guy on the ice and the last one off the ice, no exceptions. Get involved, get warm, and also build that chemistry with the team and the fans.

And then we evaluate, let’s see how Bruno does in the playoffs and if he sticks with this ritual

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

WRITTEN OPTION 2

For starters, GM's Son of the Montreal Patriotes would never find himself on the bench in that sort of situation, because the coach knows what would happen to him. If, though, the coach had forgotten his place and had indeed benched the son of the GM in this clutch, star situation, the GM's Son would remind the coach who exactly he is and that the coach knows what will happen to him if he is not placed on the ice. If that, somehow, did not convince the coach, GM's Son would then start to tell the coach that he was the best player on the team, that he had the best shotgun and chug times, and that the team needed a real hockey player out there, not the idiots who still haven't scored. If that somehow still didn't work, he would look the coach in the eyes, tell him he was done, then just hop on the ice himself at the next change.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Graphic Option 1
[Image: 76ieI70.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

philippe eko eel tends to stick to a fairly strict diet of underwater small particle creatures like plankton and small fish and the such - he doesn't really have the dental capacity to chew and subsequently digest most foods that humans eat, so he really can't be too flexible when it comes to eating options. when the strange man comes around and offers philippe eko eel a special meal, PEE is skeptical. he inquires as to the constitution of the meal - would it be solid? if so, how large? the man tells PEE to trust him and pee follows along, repeating a request for pureed food. the man brings out a suitcase filled with penguin meat and philippe eko eel is surprised because he has never seen penguin meat before. the pieces are cut into long slimy pieces ready to fry and cook but PEE would then be unable to eat them so he just slurps a wet one down his gullet straight away. he goes on to have one of the best performances of his season, stepping up with 3 assists in the game. would you guys eat penguin meat if you were offered it?? @Jepox @Bongo @Gordon Bombay @goldenglutes @micool132

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Just like this prompt John Brown is ready and willing and able and eager to do everything possibly can or is able to to get every possible edge or advantage in the game and the competition. John Brown willing takes whatever shady or dishonest or disreputable opportunity that approaches him or comes knocking at his door to get his fill pregame meal to complete his pregame ritual even if that means meeting a shady man in a shady alleyway in a shady part of town, because the mental image of John Brown with his giant judicious beard wearing a trench coat, fedora, sunglasses, and trying to meet someone stealthily in the alleyway is just too funny to pass up. So picture this giant God-fearing dude pretending to act inconspicuous and receiving whatever strange and abnormal package necessary to get his pregame meal. Is that not the funniest idea in your head at this moment? Well John Brown finds it worth it.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Option 1:

Momma always told me to not talk to strangers. However, this stranger’s white chef hat and dirty apron made me know he was trustworthy. First of, he made my pregame ritual easy. MattyJ usually rubs his mustache for good luck. However since his wife made him shave, this kind man let him rub his. While uncomfortable, it got the routine completed. Next, MattyJ asked for his perfect pregame meal. Chicken wings, pizza, and French fries. MattyJ describes this as the meal of champions. With his playoff performance thus far, he is proving it to work. This meal fills his up perfectly for a heavy workload. The strange man was not the best cook, but MattyJ took what he could get. After the meal, the man asked him to stay over for a movie. This was a tad too far for MattyJ so he told the man he had to get to the rink early today. However, he left with a full belly and this meal and routine prepared MattyJ for the rest of the playoffs.

[Image: mattyj.png]

Writing Prompt 2:

Most players would like to think that if their gut is telling them to do something, that they should do it. Well, unfortunately and as boring as it sounds, Trevor Lopez is not that kind of a player. At the end of the day, he believes that the coach knows best, and if the coach believes he should not be on the ice, then he will learn to live with it. However, if the coach tells him to get on the ice when it matters most, then he'll walk right out there and get ready for battle. His plan of attack is quite simple: just keep doing what you do every second you are on the ice. If you play at your maximum effort all the time, there's no more effort you can possibly give, after all. He puts his heart and soul on his stick whether it's the first period or the last 30 seconds of a game, so as long as he keeps doing his damn job like he should be, he's confident that it'll help lead the team to victory.

Trevor "The Tijuana Tornado" Lopez

[Image: mkzrdyk.png]

So we are down 4-3 in game 7 and I tell the coach the weakness of this defense and he tell who should I put on the ice and I tell him to put the best skaters on our team on the ice and he does and he puts a shoot on the goal and i defected the shot and it went into the net and tied the game.and then we went into over tied 4-4 and me and my teammate is on a two on one and I passed it to my teammate and he shoots the puck and he scores in overtime and the coach thanks me for me telling him the weakness on the other team so he can make adjustments so he can put the right skaters on the ice and it lead to the game tying going and then the eventual game winner.

[Image: avatar_6228.png?dateline=1722181476]

isfl pt

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Rashford is always hungry, all he wants to do is go out for a good burger but the coaching staff seems to frown on that any time he grabs one.  Lately, people keep thinking the team is update about his performance but it's actually his constant desire to go out and grab a burger before the game.  The coaching staff haven't yet pinpointed when the addiction started, but it was probably after the teams consistent losses during the cup finals.  All he wanted to do was get a win, and when they kept on losing in the finals, it was a good burger that kept him levelheaded and ready to attack the offseason.

this mystery man brings Rashford a good burger, topped with jalapeños, goat cheese, grilled pineapple, and some sort of sweet and tangy sauce.  The ultimate fuel to go into a playoff game knowing you don't quite have the level of game that you used to have

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Written Option 1:
There is something you should know about IStir MyPudding. He will take a cup of pudding from literally anyone. Even if he has already had his usual pregame cup of pudding, he would take another from a suspicious stranger in a heartbeat. It doesn't even really matter what the flavor is. Chocolate, vanilla, porridge, steak, brusell sprouts... MyPudding will take and eat anything, provided it comes in pudding form and can be stirred to reach the ideal, uniform consistency that pudding is meant to be eaten at. Of course, the mysterious, suspicious stranger showing up pregame knows this and offers MyPudding an irresistible pregame snack. It was a delicious Chai flavored pudding. Istir Mypudding has been chasing the perfect Chai recipe for ages, and now it seems the code has finally been cracked. Unfortunately for our hero, the mysterious man and the delicious chai pudding distract IStir MyPudding from his game and he has a terrible result.

Affiliate PT

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

ISFL Affiliate
Username: Jumbo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]

[Image: cEbgUph.png] [Image: 1DL5JDX.png] [Image: vjZu62e.png] [Image: EnHtzQl.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Option 1:

Matiss is a player that needs to go through his game day routines every time and that includes his pregame meals. If there was a person out there that was offering him his perfect pregame meals he would definitely take them up on that offer so that he is able to keep his pregame routines. Every pregame morning Matiss always eats waffles for breakfast and has been doing that ever since he was a kid. For lunch he likes to go with some type of pasta and typically that will be a shrimp alfredo, allowing him to get some carbs in the body to help him during the game. The person that offered to help him with his meals was a private chef, who knows him from following the team, and offered to cook him both of his meals during the day. Matiss was lucky to run into this guy. And also lucky that he was able to offer him exactly what he needed prior to the game that night.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2024, 11:34 PM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 1 time in total.)

Before most games Cal Juice will drink a juice box and let out a good cry just to make sure he's feeling like himself. Cal Juice isn't trusting some shady man so he'll have to get by on his own. I don't really know what would prevent that from happening but in a pinch I think he'd try to find another sugary drink like lemonade or something, but definitely not something carbonated because that would seriously throw off his game. Just way too different. Then he'd probably watch a video of someone crying, like the leave Brittney alone woman from decades ago. I think if that didn't get him together he'd just do a total reset and try to take a nap before the game starts. It sounds bizarre but it's the only that could possibly make you feel normal after being forced out of your routine in my opinion. Most important to remember though that you're going to have bad games and that's okay. You just reset, have a short memory and get ready for the next one.

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]