Create Account

S77 Championship Week Due: Sunday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

GM Pass

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

GM PASS!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 10:15 AM by Soviet Sexpot. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

biscuits

Quote:11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement

One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

To be fair, I go into these seasons with little to no expectations. Why you may ask? Because my understanding of hockey is pedestrian at best and its even worse in this league, because I struggle to gauge where I should be in comparison to the competition. That said, it would appear there was some substantial improvement over last season's outing for my player. For starter's, I was able to add 2 more goals over the 8 I had last season, which for a defensive player, I'l take as a win. I continued progressing by almost doubling my assists from last year to 28 from 15, all of which combined to give me 38 points on the season. Comparing this to the leaders board, I just missed out on some of these statistics from making the list. Thankfully regression isn't a word that is even in consideration and this stage and my player has hit their TPE ceiling fairly early on for the SJHML, so now I wait and see what 2 additional seasons net me before I make it to the big leagues. Which frankly is probably a bonus for me as it allows me to get a better feel and understanding for the league and how to succeed in it. Obviously I'd love to win an award, but given my lack of understanding, its probably a long shot for that to occur, at least at this level. Time will tell, but I will continue to improve my player, my understanding, and hopefully be an active positive addition to both the Mutes and Steelhawks in my lengthy career.

269 Words.

Quote:8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. New Challenger Arises

New England has been one of the top teams in the league for all of the 70s, winning two cups during their four finals appearances. While Texas has not had finals appearance since they won the Cup in S62. Based on regular season standings you could think that Texas comes in with the advantage but last time New England went to the finals after they finished regular season at 9th they won the cup and in general they have lot more experience from the finals. Do you think that New England can take advantage of their experience or is this just another series with clean slate for both teams? Who you got? Who wins the Challenge Cup? Why?

I think Texas wins. I don't think the sim ultimately gives a rip about experience and it favors the stats and players and on paper and by standings, it would appear that Texas has a strong edge there. But we also know that the sim can be a fickle beast at times. Ultimately Texas prevails because of their talent and roster.

61 Words.

[Image: yxRlGdj.png]

GM pass

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Js GM CW Pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

GM/Offseason Pass

[Image: banes.png]

CW Pass

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 11:08 AM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: typo )

1 Trivia:

t0m

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. National Rivalry

Which team do you see as your main rival in either IIHF or WJC? Maybe it is the closest neighboring country or someone who you have met in the playoffs countless times? Or maybe your team got split for WJC and you now have eternal hatred for the other team or the other way around, did your teams get merged and you want to show to your old partners in IIHF why they were bringing you down? Do you think that most of your team agrees with your pick or is it for more personal reasons?

In the world, few rivalries are as intense as that between Norway and Sweden. This rivalry has deep roots, extending into a historical and cultural context. As a member of Norway's national team, Tom Pedersen feels this rivalry acutely. The competition against Sweden isn't just about winning games. It is about national pride and proving that Norway can stand toe-to-toe with their more storied neighbours.
Historically, Sweden has often overshadowed Norway in many arenas, including hockey. The Swedes' success in international tournaments and their numerous NHL stars have always been a point of contention. For Norwegian players like Tom, every match against Sweden is a chance to challenge this dominance and make a statement.
The rivalry is felt by the entire Norwegian team, not just Tom. It's a shared sentiment rooted in a desire to outperform their neighbours and earn respect on the international stage. The games are always fierce, with both teams bringing their best to the ice. The atmosphere is electric, and the stakes are high.
For Tom Pedersen, beating Sweden is about more than just a win in the record books. It's a personal and national triumph. It's about showing that Norway, too, can produce top-tier hockey talent and that they are a force to be reckoned with. The rivalry with Sweden brings out the best in the Norwegian team, fueling their drive and passion every time they face off against their historic foes.

Words: 237 (4 TPE)

14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special!
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 77! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

I am sure the best team will win in the end. It is quite rare that a less good team wins in a best of seven contest. It might happen now and then for some reason, but it is highly unlikely. Not like in European football where tactics can win one game now and then, but not in a best of seven contest. So congratulations [TEAM] with winning the buckle. Hope you enjoy it.

Words: 74 (1 TPE)

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

GM CW Pass

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Cw pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

GM pass

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

GM pass

[Image: hallsy.png]

CW pass

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Prompt 6 (263 words - TPE +4)

I think it’s pretty common wisdom that wolves hunt in packs (wolfpack!) and thus would be in the business of trying to isolate 1-2 renegades at a time and picking them off. This comparison gets rather dull when you consider that if the renegades just stayed in a massive group, no wolfpack would ever dare to attack them.  In order to make this a real confrontation, there needs to be a balance in group sizes to where the woflpack would attack, but not in such great numbers that the result would be obvious. (In a 10 v 10, renegades win for sure) There is a tricky balance here given that wolves would attack at night, and given the target is a renegade, they would certainly have guns at the ready – in this case, a colt 42 revolver with 5 shots chambered. My perfect balance in this case, is 2 renegades against 8 wolves, at night, with guns loaded. Here’s how I think it would go.

Two wolves would be eliminated instantly as even with pack charging, the renegades could each get 1 good shot off before things got messy. However, in melee range, 3 wolves to 1 renegade is a recipe to get ripped apart alive. In the struggle that follows, I think a renegade could take out 1-2 more wolves before meeting their end. In this case I’ll say 1 renegade goes down as three wolves go down. Given the remaining renegade would be wounded with limited shots (with some wasted in the dark). I think 1-2 wolves would finish the job.  Wolfpack

Prompt 7 (250 words - TPE +4)

Vancouver vs Ottowa is a tough final to call, as both teams have risen to the occasion to get to where they are. While Vancouver was a 2 seed and favorites to make the conference final, they won their first two series with a combined 8-1 and looked much better than equal opponents. This trend continued with a 4-0 upset sweep of Regina, who by all means, was considered the big favorite. Vancouver has been far exceeding expectations so far, and so they are a dangerous team in the moment. Meanwhile Ottowa while #4 in their division, had a better regular season. They two won their first 2 rounds with a 8-1 difference, and had to face the Four Star favorite Maine in the conference final. Here they pulled off a surprise 4-2 win against the odds on favorite. With similar paths and upsets from both teams, the finals are gearing up to be both intense and unpredictable.

I personally think beating the favorites Maine would make Ottowa the favorites, even against a near flawless looking Vancouver team. But given things are so close, we will let the coin of fate decide the final here. (Game 1 = Vancouver – Tails), (Game 2 = Vancouver – Tails), (Game 3 = Vancouver – Tails), (Game 4 = Vancouver – Tails). By some greater force the coin flipped tails 4 times in a row (the coin is not rigged, I checked). So the coin of fate as spoken, a 4-0 sweep for Vancouver in the finals.  Whalers

CW pass (HO)

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]