Create Account

S61 mPT #1- Heated

Only got here a couple months ago so only one time really stands out from the rest. This past postseason the Raptors were up 3-1 on the mighty Armada. Unfortunately Raptors legend Yanno Rosejac who we traded to them stood on his head and we lost three straight games and were eliminated. Talk about infuriating.

I got very publicly heated when Toronto was punished for giving out contract bonuses four seasons prior in a way that went against wording of a (still poorly worded) rule. Apparently you can't say "I want to pay out a contract in Season X applicable to cap in Season Y and call it a bonus for Season X". It has to be called a bonus for Season Y, or it counts to the cap in Season X. WHICH IS STILL STUPID, BY THE WAY! The punishment levied called for a $2M cap fine which lost us Honkerrs. Still mad about that too.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Certainly the thing that always got my blood boiling in the past was GMs getting off light, despite a punishment defined in the rulebook. None of us are perfect, and there's no reason to expect a GM to have an entirely flawless career, especially if they hold the position for any significant length of time. Despite this, some people seem to have this notion that punishing teams as per the rulebook is somehow "cruel and unusual", when it's simply the game we're playing. Sure it sucks to lose $500 to a community chest card, but it's just a function of the game, not a life sentence.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

I hate this prompt. I hate that it's timing seems to be cheeky. I hate that you throw out a disclaimer of "Oh I'm not trying to ignite anything, don't tag people". I hate that we have been waiting for so long and now finally get a prompt and this is it?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

As a veteran of forums and realizing how anonymous we all are I can be bothered to emote a lot when things go south.  Now don't get me wrong.  I really enjoy flame wars.  They are a great source of entertainment and I try to stay well away for responding.  But if I just can't resist, I know that I have to be willing to face the consequences.  But even at that there is very little point in becoming angry.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

For the most part I have been able to not get even remotely heated on the forum. However last weeks Hamilton debacle really got me amped up. Watching RotticusScott defend the fuck up like his fucking life depended on it was annoying beyond belief. Dude, your team made an oopsie, fucking move on with your life. HO wants to uphold it but then the owners stepped in and coddled HAM like the children they are (I only know a few HAM players and for the most part they are great people, but when you cant even acknowledge a mistake is very frustrating) That is all.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Id have to say that I get equally made every time we lose a playoff series because I feel like we always can win it. But this last time after Colorado being up 3-1 (oh no) in the series vs Anchorage and then losing the next 3 games. I had to take about a day off before I lost it. SHL sims....good stuff

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

The most angry i have ever been is that there were times i got so close to winning the challenge cup with Los Angeles Panthers but we were never able to close out the win. I was just pissed with how the sim engine in the old days screwed us

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Honestly, the times where anger strikes most on this site is results-based, not personal. Specifically coming to mind is the gold medal game for S58 WJC between DACH (whom I GMed) and Finland. I planned ahead of time, countered the tactics set by Finland, and the game was dominated by DACH - possession wise, hits, outshooting Finland 40-ish to 17.... and we only scored one goal and lost. Credit to the goalie who absolutely robbed DACH of a gold that time. I was so bummed from that.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

I can’t really think of a time I’ve been super angry In the SHL. I always try to stay out of the bullshit and the drama and just stay away from the forums in general unless I need to do point tasks.

(42 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

I got heated every time Colorado would lose in the playoffs.  Every season of my tenure as co-GM or GM we had a solid team that have anywhere from 50-50 to 60-40 series win ratio in sim testing. Those aren’t incredible sim odds, but we did not win one of those series over those 6 seasons.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

The most angry I've been is when the playoffs were re-simmed in the SMJHL this year after the updaters failed to carry out their duties correctly. Mistakes like this happen from time to time, but the answer isn't a resim. I'm not sure it ended up having any real effect on the outcomes, just a really bad choice by SMJHL HO in my opinion.

[Image: gucci57541.gif]

the most bigger time i hav be angrey was wen @SDCore refyoose for put me line 1. after he put me line 1 we win cop

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

It’s very hard to make me angry I’m a pretty patient person, however there’s one thing that made me mad. I got to 1997 TPE, just three short from the 2K club. Maddddd again just typing it.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

I don't believe I have ever really been that angry at the sim or league yet but maybe that changes but falling apart in the playoffs for the Kraken truly made me slightly angry at how my player performed (40)

[Image: hbQ14G7.jpg]