Create Account

S65 mPT #2: Slang

Pinger - A shot on goal that hits the post

Rider - A puck that rides the dash all the way around the defensive zone. Can also be used to describe a player straddling the boards at the bench.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Call someone a slapshot. Basically just a big ol bum without much brains but a lot of brawn. In other words, a good for nothing goon.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

ice sandwich - yup just like what you think, 1 player hit by 2 opponents from different direction
ice butt - just like head butt, but in the ice rink

We call this one to do a "Seider". It basically means that you shoot at goal as much as you can an hope that the rebound will be an assist for you. At least that seems to work for me.

[Image: IMG_4351.jpg?width=507&height=676]

Slanger
Used to describe someone who uses a lot of hockey slang in their talk, like commentators
Example
"Oh jeez, that guy is a real slanger bud"

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Fisting - a term for a fight that doesn't have a clear winner and just kind of fizzles out
"They started off throwing, but that turned into a real fisting by the end"

[Image: crunksig2.png]

"To go kawashima-style"

Slang for when after a hard fought victory on the ice hockey rink, you go out with the lads to the Frozen Yoghurt place and order a ton of froyo.

Mike: Hey did you see Gary went Kawashima style at Froyoland last night.

Greg: Oh he was so going kawashima style

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

The newest hockey slang term that's sweeping the nation: cobble. Like the stones under people's feet in old cities like Quebec, someone who gets run over by their opponents a lot out there on the ice is like cobblestone pavement to them.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Burding - the act of simultaneously being one of the coach's least-relied upon players, while also always seeming to find yourself out there to score big goals or make big plays. Fourth line hero syndrome.

Bapper - Similar to someone who would be referred to as a 'yapper', except that they play for the Baltimore Platoon.

"Damn that guy will not shut the fuck up, he is a real bapper"

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

A brand new hockey word is a smeckle, because when you have been smeckled that means you have been smeckledorfed and that is not even a real word but I am sure you agree with me on that one and no one wants to be smeckledorfed

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

In the Maine locker room, we've coined a new term called "lumberjack" for the player on our team who has the worst on-ice performance. We called ourselves "trees", so it makes sense that the lumberjack would be bringing us all down.

Code:
Words: 25+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Wegg it - A combination of Wagner and egg that Panthers players use to describe the botching of breakaways and odd man rushes with turnovers at the blue line.

28 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

hoob - is a hockey noob, someone that doesn’t know much about hockey but somehow stills finds a way to complete and in the SHL…not that that’s me or anything…

We have the UFO. Krou's favorite shot. Always aiming for one of the two top corners, with the puck ending up in the stands, and often, seen orbiting earth by ISS