Create Account

S60 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 05:59 PM by hotdog.)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

I would take over the body of my good friend Augustus Wang and reap all the benefits that come from being Augustus Wang. One of these would having the ultimate hookup at SHLKUSH.COM - it's well known that promo code WANG20 can get any first-time user 20 percent off of the products there at shlkush.com, but you'd have to imagine the company's leading spokesperson Augustus Wang would have an even better pipeline to get whatever he wants from there for free, so i would load up on fun products from there. since i don't care about my on-ice performance since I'm not actually him, I'm still me, i wouldn't really mind playing poorly on the ice so i'd probably go out to a bar right before the game and pose for pictures with the fans and they'd all be liek "whoaaaaa dude aren't you supposed to be playing a game of hockey for the buffalo stampede in the challenge cup finals in an hour" and i'd be like "yeah hahaha i'm so chill i can drink a couple of molsons before this game and still be good to go haha i'm the man!"

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Norway has been very slowly and steadily improving the roster for several seasons in a row now, and it's time for us to put it all together. last season was a big step up, doing much better than we previously had and i think maybe we won bronze? but with very little of the team in regression and even more people unbanking and earning, we're fully ready to blast off. so far the round robin has gone quite well, and i hope we're ready to fly with the traditional big boys and win the gold this time around. Beyond us, I feel that Sweden is probably a team on the rise, as I feel like i've seen several high profile transfers head in that direction. The typical powers of USA and Canada (and a recent power in UK) have shown signs of weakness in the last few seasons, so perhaps it's time for the Scandinavian takeover!!!!! celly otter norway all day long baby

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a. They definitely deserve to be here - there were 4 realistic candidates for the cup this season imo and these were absolutely 2 of them. it wasn't a cakewalk, as texas and hamilton were legitimate threats to each, but no one can really make a convincing case that either of these shouldn't be here now. 
b. Definitely buffalo - 15 seasons is absolutely enough to build up a team from the bottom, even if you're not starting out with much. not to diminish what chicago has built, it's still a nice job by them, but it's much harder to be dominant for a really long stretch of time like buffalo has done so their work here is much more impressive to me.
c. chicago's logo is bad cuz it's the face of a guy, you can't be out here having a guy's face as your logo come on! syndicate is a less imageable noun so it's not their fault but you gotta have something cooler than some dude in a fedora, known to be a lame kind of hat (if it's a different kind of hat don't yell at me idk hats)> also i think the chicago logo is fine i just needed the 1 more tpe so i wrote this one lol
d. the best player to ever play for either of these teams is OBVIOUSLY eko van otter - neither of these teams has ever not won the championship in a season where they had eko van otter, and a 100% win rate is the best you could possibly get! therefore eko van otter, buffalo legend, still revered in the LR and in buffalo, is the answer to this prompt.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

glow

Code:
17. mild stoneds, 3 tpe

3 tpe

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Other than being banned from most countries following my anti mask fiasco, I'd say that the PR and the online trolls didn't really get to me this year. My year was defined by a huge shot count against...by far the largest in the league. As far as I could tell, I had all the tools I needed to get out in front of them and have a stellar year. While my .917 was not awful for someone facing over 40 shots a game, I really felt this was my year to jump out and have a stellar year. Instead, I held us in quite a few games, especially early in the season, then trailed off and had some pretty awful appearances. My lack of shutouts showed that I wasn't really able to fully steer games this year the way I was able to last season. So this year my biggest issue was my on-ice play, and I will work to rectify it this offseason.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

Ok so Squirtle is my starter and anyone who does differently is a scrub. The first part of my plan is to reset the SHL repeatedly while fishing for my first player to be a shiny with perfect IVs. This should win me some championships right out of the gate as I slaughter all the other noob trainers. I'll eventually level the Squirtle up to Wartortle, after which I will press B every time he wants to evolve because Wartortle is the best Pokemon ever (@ me nerds). Then comes the part of my plan that will put me in the hall of fame forever. I'm going to take my Challenge Cups and place them at the 6th position in my inventory, then execute the Missingno/M glitch on the side of Cinnabar Island. Boom. Challenge Cup duplication glitch. Now I have more Challenge Cups than there are seasons of the SHL and no one can stop me. I'll be the winningest GM ever.

Also I wouldn't let any Treeckos on the team.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I don't have an issue with everyone making it, as long as the difficulty of all teams' paths through the tournament are reflective of their regular season standings. I hate the current NHL system of prioritizing regional matchups over actually rewarding good teams by giving them easier opponents and vice versa. Every team in the league could make it for all I care...as long as if you are last place, your first round opponent is first place. The hockey should start off pretty imbalanced and get better as the tournament goes on, and that's what you see with straight ranking. Regional brackets ruin this by allowing finals-calibur matchups to happen in early rounds, leaving the final rounds of the tournament lacking in comparison.

So essentially, I'm not ok with going to regional matchups. If that means that everyone makes it, so be it.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
bigchanges

16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

So Luke loves losers. It's absolutely no secret. From Manhattan to Tamper Bay, the dude just loves when his favorite teams don't cut the mustard. That's why I'm going to take Luke to go see the biggest losers of them all, his favorite Philadelphia Flyers. The date will start when I pick him up and I have to pay the toll to leave New Jersey. Then we will head to the Wells Fargo Center, where we will get to see a special treat...Dave Hakstol's return to Philadelphia as the coach of the Seattle Kraken. We will watch shit hockey for a few hours then go home depressed. All according to plan.

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083320

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

1. 3 TPE, Ups and Downs - (3/16)

The bright spot for season 60 was the play on the ice of the Baltimore Platoon. We started off on a rough note. In our first 16 games we went 7 - 8 - 1. With our last game losing to Manhattan, who was swinging right out of the gate. But our coaches made some key changes and lineup swaps and then we only lost 10 more games ( 1 in overtime) in 50 games. We were able to clinch 1st place in the Atlantic Division (the first since the team moved to Baltimore). We finished 3rd in the league in points. We were a solid defensive unit giving up the 4th best goals against. For me personally, I had the best season so far in the SHL. 15 goals and 28 assists for 43 points. Not the flashy stats of some high profile guys but I was extremely happy with this growth. Even though we didnt get to accomplish what we wanted, I think we ended the year with high momentum. -169 Words

5.  2 TPE, SMJHL Playoffs - (5/16)

With the added 2 teams in the SMJHL, I do still think that every team should make the playoffs. Even though 12 teams in the playoffs is just too much, I think the SMJHL, is more about getting new users actively engaged in the league as a whole. It would suck for a new user that is highly interested/engaged in the league to lose said interest because their SMJHL team missed the playoffs.  The offseason is already rough to begin with so lets not make it harder than it should be. Especially for new users who are still trying to find their place and stay engaged. -107 words

12. 4 TPE,  Challenge Cup - (9/16)
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
Buffalo Stampede and Chicago Syndicate in the Challenge Cup finals is not luck. These are 2 of the best teams in the league right now. Obviously with coaches that have been here before. Buffalo was the best team in the league this year (Most goals scored, 3rd best goals against). Chicago had 3rd most goals scored. Both teams had to defeat top teams to get here. Buffalo beat Hamilton (2nd in league). Chicago beat Texas (5th in league). Both deserving to be in the finals. -85 words

b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
I think it is way more impressive at what Buffalo has been able to do season after season. It is extremely difficult to navigate a roster and retain players and have those players perform well in the sim even for one season. So what Buffalo has down is amazing. Hats off to them. -53 words

c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
I would have to say that both of these teams goal horns are pretty bad.  I get the use of Jumaji's "Its a stampede" but still not worthy of a goal horn. And Im guessing Chicago's is more of an inside reason. But still not a great one. More upbeat than Frank's My kind of town, but at least that one was about Chicago. -64 words

d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

I am just going to go with best active player on the roster right now. Martijn Westbroek on Chicago Syndicate has been amazing for them, scoring over 700 points in his career. Led them to a S57 Challenge Cup. Overall one of best players in Chicago history and also in the league as well. 

13. 2 TPE, The Procrastinator Special! - (11/16)

So this series came down to a game 7. The Buffalo Stampede pulling the major comeback after being down 3-1 in the series. Id have to say that Aron Hernadivic is the series MVP. He 4 points in the first 4 games. 2 goals in 2 assists. But performed slightly better in the last 3 must-win games. In those 3 games he scored 2 goals and had 2 assists, giving him 8 points (4 goals, 4 assists) total in the series. This is tied for the most points in the series with Chicago player Martjin Westbroek. Hernadivic not only did this in this series but throughout the whole playoffs. Tallying up 27 points in 22 games. Which was only bested by Westbroek in Chicago. Aron Hernadivic stepped up when the team needed him to, so the MVP goes to him. -140 words

15. 3 TPE, CW TRIVIA -  (14/16)

Jumbo

16. 2 TPE, Luke Date - (16/16)

With all the money I got from Luke from the heist, I would rent a Yacht and take him out on it. We could fish all day and enjoy the jet skis as well. Maybe some tubing. But mostly enjoy the drinks. Eventually we will have to eat which would be a nice steak dinner, and all the lobsters that we want. Once we are done, we can head back to shore, and stop at a local ice cream shop to top off the evening. Such a great day overall but the reality is that then I will never call him again.  -102 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

#17 SMJHL Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: f7.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 12:26 PM by DannyC.)

Milestones 3TPE + affiliate 3TPE + Task 5 2 TPE + task 15 1 TPE + task 16 2 TPE + task 2 3 TPE + task 12 B and C 2 TPE = 16 TPE

+3 from milestones
+3 PBE Affiliate(Dannyb)

Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

I think I would want to try and become the Kelowna Gym leader, catching only Kelowna type pokemon and working to make them as strong as possible. Of course before setting out to essentially retire as a gym leader I would want to make my way all across the world and take on the elite four and the champion. I would catch as many pokemon as I could without going out of my way, and mostly using the ones I think look the cutest or coolest as my main squad. After that, I would hopefully be the champion and could catch some of the legendary Hall Of Fame pokemon. Then, it would be time to “Retire” into being a gym leader, using only Kelowna Knight type pokemon. I guess we would probably be weak to QCC type Pokémon but I havn’t been around forever so there may be another rivalry im not privy to. Fortunately, with enough grinding and drive I think my Knight type Pokémon could overcome their type disadvantages and we could be as tough a gym to beat as Whitney and her Milktank.

We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I think that the format should be changed so that 12 teams make it. Personally, I would do 10 teams so that most players in the J get to experience the playoffs without only leaving out 1 or two teams. For the sake of the prompt I think I’ll side with 8 here. If everyone makes it in I feel it cheapens the regular season and robs us of a fun final sim. It can be a great time watching your team play spoiler to someone else’s post season dreams or watch a team go on a crazy run to win their last 5 straight and just sneak into the playoffs.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. I’ve always been a fan of the underdog, so I gotta go with Chicago here. It is crazy hard for a new team to establish themselves in a sim league. First and foremost they need to draft good talent and bring a few wise players into the war room to buy into the team culture and help them succeed. Then they have to retain that talent and start building a good season. Then get the free agents to notice and want to come to your team. Kudos to Chicago for making it happen!

c. I was nice to Chicago, time to be mean. First and foremost, the black and yellow makes me think of the penguins and fuck the penguins. Second, the logo just doesn’t pop and stand out the way some of the other teams do. I guess that may be by design as a syndicate wouldn’t want to pop off the page but for a logo I think it ought to. Finally, I’ll end on another nice note I really like that half the face is in shadow. That was well done and a huge improvement over their original logo

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation
Triviaishard

16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Well I don’t know much about ol’ Lukey boy so I’ll just describe a fun expensive date. I think it would have to be an all day affair, so we would start off by picking him up in a helo and taking him to the airport where our private jet awaits. We would fly into Detroit to catch an afternoon Detroit Demons baseball game from right behind Homeplate. After that we would tour the breweries in the area before heading back in our jet to catch Luke’s favorite SHL team play a home game. Afterwords there would be flowers and desert before dropping him off and planting a big ol’ good bye kiss

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]

15. birb
17. Hits 134
TA 29
SB 52
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 01:37 PM by JT3.)

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
I don't think I've ever correctly predicted what was going to happen in any of my IIHF Predictions. You have your usual contenders with teams like Canada, USA, GB, Japan, and then some teams that have been on the rise with Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, etc. I think there are only really four or so teams that have been consistently been bad for a while now, those being Latvia, Austria, Ireland and Russia. But with such a short tournament it really is impossible to predict because almost anything can happen. I think Canada will be at or near the top again for sure, and I expect Japan to be up there with them. USA and GB should be in the mix like they always are. But for gold I think I’m gonna take a swing and say that Sweden will pull it out. They’ve slowly been building a very strong squad that has flown under the radar a little bit. Karl Krashwagen to be tournament MVP.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

I joined the league nearly (4?) years ago now, so I was around for about 15ish seasons of STHS and now about 8-10 seasons of FHM. I think each really has their pro's and con's. I think parity is a much larger issue with FHM than it was with STHS which for me is quite frustrating. While STHS had a real randomness factor which wasn't great it still kept things fresh and didn't allow for the same 2-3 teams to win every single season. FHM does have a much superior sim experience though and now that we finally have a fantastic index it has been really enjoyable. Watching the livestreams of the sim is really fun.

As for the player aspect, I will speak mostly for Toner here as he played in both different sim engines. Personally the timing of the switch sucked for me. In STHS I had a maxed player build and had been the number one defenseman on my team for about 7 or 8 seasons with a Stevens and another Stevens nom. I personally think I was on a HOF trajectory at the time and could have ended my career with 600+ points had we stayed with STHS. Unfortunately in FHM, not only was my build weakened due to the new scale, but not knowing anything about the engine I allowed my coach to influence my build and it turned Toner into what was mostly a defensive dman. I remained a top 4 defenseman for most of the rest of my career but sadly ended up with 499 points, just 1 short of 500 and 101 short of what was originally my goal of 600. At this point I think I will be hard pressed to make the HOF.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

I think they certainly both deserve to be here. They were probably the two best teams in the league coming into this season. Chicago made a couple big moves during the offseason and it has paid off for them. Buffalo has obviously been a top team for 10+ seasons now so it is no surprise seeing them here either.

I mean, the record speaks for itself. Buffalo having been here as many times as they have is more impressive in my opinion. They have been consistently at the top going back to nearly the mid S40’s at this point. Chicago has done a great job as well, but they haven’t had the consistent lengthy success that Buffalo has maintained for so long.

Personally Chicago’s branding isn’t my favorite in the league. I have never been a huge fan of Black/Yellow color schemes and the logo/name just don’t really do it for me. I don’t really know a whole lot of the people there so I don’t really have much to add. Buffalo on the other hand I quite like their branding, the green is nice and the logo is cool. I know a handful of folks there and they’re good shit, although their circle jerk forum presence can be annoying at times (come at me buffabros #leeout)

Current players:
BUF – Probably Monkey D. Luffy, he is a top earner and has lead the team in stats most seasons for the last almost 10 seasons or so.
CHI – Easily Martijn Westbroek. While Chicago has been a good to great team for much of his peak, this guy has been the leader on the ice the entire time.
Retired:
I can’t remember all of the retired players that played for Chicago, but the answer for me is Alexis Metzler. One of the best d-men of all time, and he did a lot of it when Buffalo wasn’t as great a team as they are now. He carried that team from the blue line for a long time.

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification: BAP

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3085243 - Claim 3

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 01:41 PM by Velevra.)

15. velv
17. Milestones +3

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Code:
Milestones + 3

Renes

Code:

I would think that all teams should make the playoffs.  At the junior level, one of the most important thing is experience and playing time.  Especially, late season free agents who join for the last 10 games or so.  The purpose of the junior league is to show folks the ropes but also get them engaged and excited.  If all teams make the playoffs, that's certainly more excited for the players involve.  When it boils down to it, the regular season records don't mean as much and "losing" teams will make the playoffs, but you get to end the season with a large tournament for all players involved, so they get that meaningful experience and not drop off into a long off season. (123 words)

[Image: hudson.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 02:58 PM by Kierkan.)

So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Even through all of the random events that plagued LaFleur this season, there was a very bright spot as soon as we hit the playoffs. Going into round one against Seattle, expectations were high in the locker room for the Dragons to make a push. While we weren't ranked very high in terms of team TPE, we didn't count ourselves out. The first series went to a grueling seven games. Game seven, in overtime, LaFleur caused a turnover in the neutral zone with a hit, and received a pass in the slot for the series winning goal. Single handedly was one of the most exciting moments of my rookie SHL season. Then we went forward and swept Edmonton, the boys were buzzing. We knew going into the Western Conference Finals that Chicago was going to be a big test for our. We played our best, but we ended up falling in six games. We had some people from Chicago in our locker room, and I have nothing but respect for them, and their team. It was an extremely exciting off-season to be a Dragon.

I'm gonna definitely join Team Rocket and try to steal the strong goal scorers. I'd want to get my hands on Theo Morgan, Mitchell van der Heijden, Bobby Sharp, and Michael Scarn. Then I'm going to hook up with the Scientists that created Mewtwo, and have them mold all of the top points earners from the last four years into one super hockey player. We'll call it Theo van Sharpscarn. With my new ultimately strong and invincible pokemon, I'll quit hockey and become his agent. Using my absolute knowledge about the sport <cough> and killer instinct business style, I'll land TVS in a monsterous contract and make sure to take an unhealthy amount of money for myself. Investing and manipulating my way around, I'll build an empire around my star, and make sure to leech every penny I possibly can. But chances are I'll just get to the Rock Tunnel without Flash and navigate my way through in the pitch black using the blocky grey gameboy. True story.

5.Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

The Playoffs is the best part of this place and it would be good idea to play less regular season games and let everyone get to taste a playoff series.  I also think the format needs to be fixed.  The teams that are in the bottom part of the league usually lose and I think a 12 team playoff is the right amount, as it would mean there are 3 rounds total.  Assuming each go to a full 7 games, that would be 3 days per round.  With three rounds, that means the playoffs would end after roughly a week and a half.  It cuts down on the down time for teams that are eliminated and it removes those boring 3 days of teams waiting to play.

Milestones - +2 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3085291

10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: image0.png]

Pineapples

1. For myself as a player I had a very up and down season off the ice that is for sure. Firstly lets talk abouts the downs shall we. While I was away yet another member of my traitorous family attempted to try and take my throne as king of the ice bears. Of course they were not successful as no one can defeat me in a fight to the death however the constant challenges do really wear on a person, what is more this one was made public and the papers had some rather unflattering photos of me in the aftermath of the fight with my challengers larix in my teeth. This led to me losing my glacier mint sponsorship which was very upsetting. On the upside however it got me a new sponsorship deal, one worth even more with the good folks at monster energy so it is all swings and roundabouts as they say I guess. - 3 TPE
WC 158
5. I think that it is a little ridiculous that all the teams make the play offs at the moment if I am being very honest with you. The whole point of the playoffs in sport is putting the best team against each other so they can try an prove that they are the best there is. While I understand that the playoffs are seeded so the best face the worst letting every team in really reduces the achievement of making the playoffs in the first place. So for me the playoffs should be the best 8 or so teams battling it and that is it, no more of this every teams goes because what is the point of that. - 2 TPE
WC 119
15. Verification word - Bear - 3 TPE
16. Well well well how can we really treat Luke to the best possible dinner. Well while others would take him out to a show and some posh restaurant where you get tiny portions of food for stupid prices I would show him a good time the ice bear way. Firstly we would head to the cold artic north for some fun on the ice, he can have a snow mobile and I will just charge about up and down the ice slopes. When we are done with that we will go for a Walrus hunt, what could be more fun that bring down a huge walrus with you bear (get it) hands. Once we have our kill I will be so kind and let him eat the still warm liver, what a guy I am. - 2 TPE
WC 135
17. Milestones - 3 TPE

ISFL Affiliate PT - 3 TPE

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 04:18 PM by raymond3000.)

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?
The switch to the FHM engine actually occurred at quite a fortunate time for Kvalheim, as he was just entering his TPE prime and was therefore able to benefit from being a top player in both STHS and FHM. However, the switch initially didn't go as well for the Renegades, who were forced to spend a few more seasons out of the playoffs after being on the cusp of breaking through in STHS. Though we eventually won a cup and Kvalheim won three straight Dar trophies so I don't really have too much to complain about. One thing that annoyed me about the FHM switch was that it derailed my goal of becoming the league's all time leading hitter. Kvalheim was consistently getting 200+ hits in STHS and was probably on pace to break Izzy's record, but with FHM it just not feasible to rack up so many hits without sacrificing some other aspects of your play.

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: c8rR5zp.png]

Code:
The best player on the Syndicate today is also the best player in Syndicate history. Martijn Westbroek has been driving the offense for the Syndicate throughout this team's entire run of success and is undoubtedly the franchise GOAT. The discussion is more open for the Stampede though. While Alexis Metzler probably stands at the top, Monkey D. Luffy and Elizabeth Doyler are making strong cases for themselves.

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: 7tkY9s6.png]

Code:
west

Code:
+3 TPE

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Code:
I heard that our family loved dog, Stella took her final steps almost a month ago. She was lovely dog, even she had complex and hard personality, she was very lovely to people who she trusted. Now she can ate infinite amount of Dentasticks somewhere else behind the sky. Of course swim a lot, she was water dog, she loved swimming, but hate bath, Even both have same element, water. Even she was "only" 8, the problem was also that her personality was very complicated and I really think that she couldn't adapt to new family to somewhere else. She was very very shy and she bark a lot because of that. Kind of behavior problems whole life. Still I miss her and this was big happening in my this season off the ice. It makes my rookie season feels like not so important. She will be in my memories as loved dog. Rest in peace.
+3
Code:
I would play as soon as possible competitive and aim to be one of the world best trainer. Depending on if battles are single or double, my team could variable a lot. I think that Rangerjase could be ideal co-trainer to me and co-op the journey with me, ending epic battle against defending champion duo. I think that many Detroit Falcons Locker Room pets could be very ideal mons too, since they are extreme loyal and great personalities. I would love to go adventures with Rilo, Molly, Nash and Ted! Of course they will ask a lot of Rare Candies, so I will give some treats to them as great trainer always do! Molly typing is Fairy/Dark, since she is very cute and her fur is black. Rilo is Ice/Fire, because his fur is white, but he is like external heater when he come close to you lol and Nash is Steel/Fighting because he kick you when you're picking his poo and Ted is just normal Ted. Bark a lot!
+3
Code:
I'm waiting for that moment when I can help carry Switzerland to glory with my teammates. Our new core is still young and we was 4th at last tournament. This tournament didn't start so well, but I'm still very confident that me and my team members can do it and we can advance to playoffs and there the game is open again for everyone. I'm also looking for how my player is playing at that tournament, but also looking my friend Luukas Lilja who is very close to me compared to TPE and we repre same national team which is always honor to me. I hope that we can taste glory someday, sooner or later for sure! Before that we need to train more and more to make it possible and do everything which we can to help our national team to win those last games at this season IIHF tournament. Definitely interesting to see how it goes.
+3
Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical. For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

The stories what I heard from users who was part in that era told me that the engine was completely broken and the developer only answer was that it works as it should be and you just use it wrong lol. In my opinion that route continue with that engine would be very uninteresting, since it would not take long time until all teams use the same exploits and when all teams have almost perfect players, the result will be completely lottery. There will not be any variation between builds and players, because everyone want to be best and who wants to see league, where the champion is decided via lottery? Those history stories are definitely interesting, but we should not never bring that broken engine back again, also because it's highly possible that the developer is reluctant to fix his product as we can see. So this FHM era is very good at least now. We dhould also consider to move to FHM 7 since it's EOL now and it will get very cheap soon.
+3

Code:

Trivia word: nashy
+3

Code:
Milestones +1

16/16 to Anton Mihailov

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

I don’t think every team in the SMJHL should make the playoffs because then what is the point of the regular season? While I understand teams making the playoffs adds to the activity level for new members in the juniors I think having a twelve team playoffs will allow for most users to experience the playoffs each season while also making the regular season at least a little bit more important so that teams earn their way into the post season. In addition this will still allow for some teams to get the bye week in the first round so that the winner of each division will get rewarded for heir strong season.

Season fifty nine was another disappointing tournament for team Latvia. However it is fair to say the rebuild of team Latvia is pretty much done with a lot of their young players now having unbanked builds. While there is still a little more growing left for this pretty young team, this will be the first time many season that there is an actual chance for this nation to be competitive and maybe make it out of the round robin. I think this will be team Latvia will be the best since the switch to FHM so it will be interesting to see how the management team deploys this group of young talented players. With the retirement of Nat Emerson the teams number one defenseman it will be important for the team to capitalize on his skill and leadership for one last time. Also I may be a bit biased but I think Mats Marner is poised for a break out tournament now reaching over 1600 tpe.

I think that both teams were deserving to make the finals. Buffalo was the best team in the regular season point wise and excelled in a strong eastern conference. Chicago was definitely deserving to represent the western conference in the finals as they were the top seeded team in the west during the conference finals.
I think its impressive to see Buffalo make it back to the finals season after season. I think season sixty was especially significant since they came off losing a couple of really strong players in the offseason to the expansion draft and had some of their core players heavily regressing yet were still able to have the best record in the SHL.
Buffalo seems like too cocky of a team within their general site demeanor. I was not a fan of them claiming they were the cup champions after beating the Hamilton Steelhawks in the eastern conference finals. I feel like they did not respect the skills of the Chicago Syndicate or how tough it would be to beat them as exemplified after going down three to one games in the series and needing seven games to win the Challenge cup.
Martijn Westbroek is the best player to ever done a uniform for the Chicago Syndicate he has been a most valuable player candidate for many years and also helped the team win their franchises first cup. He has been the first line center for the team for many years and was once again Chicago best player in the playoffs being over a point a game and lead all SHL players in points during the playoffs.

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
I think goaltender Elizbeth Boyle should win the most valuable player for the series as she played incredibly well helping back stop the Stampede to a Challenge Cup Championship. In twenty two games in the playoffs Doyle only lost an outstanding four games in regulation. Boyle also had the best goals against average and save percentage out of any starting goaltender that made it pas round one of the playoffs. Boyle also impressively put up three shutouts which was the most out of any goaltender in the finals. She also came clutch when her team needed her the most and do not think Buffalo would have won without her.

Verification word: go leafs

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
2 tpe: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3085425

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 11:22 PM by jjlangabeer.)

Code:

This season of course had its ups and downs but overall it was a successful one that we certainly want to build on. A lot of the season stayed on track and really continued on a smooth path. There were some small hiccups with Twitter when you have a bad game and on the other side of the coin when you net that hat trick or have that big game the praise comes from everyone. I will say the craziest thing that happened to Raymond this season was on a road trip about midseason. We were are the road playing in Quebec and somehow my equipment never made it onto the plane. I had to play the entire first period using borrowed equipment from Quebec while they rushed my gear to the rink. I was able to manage for a period but I will tell you what, wearing all new equipment and trying to play an SMJHL game is tough, as it sure had an impact on that game.

Code:

This has been a question that I have gone back and forth on for as long as I have been in the league since S9. When I first started I always leaned all teams make it because there were only 6 teams I believe at that time anyway. With the number of teams now more then doubled I am even more confused than ever. I feel that having every team make it can help it but getting everyone involved in the post-season, but overall it really doesn't shorten the off-season for the lower tier teams. I could also lean towards just the top 8 make it with some sort of playoff for the lower 4 teams for first overall, or even the gold plan (for those familiar with it) to help decide the 1st overall.

Code:

A. It is really hard to say neither team doesn't deserve to be in the finals this season. Buffalo finished at the top of the league and Chicago finished fourth and only recorded eight fewer points than second-place Hamilton. Overall if you are finishing in the top 4 of the league you pretty much have given yourself a great shot at making the finals.

B. Overall both are excellent achievements, being a huge Red Wings fan in real life and have that 26 years playoff streak I just always lean towards the consistency of constantly being in the playoff and championship picture. The management that it takes to keep a team in a constant steak of having kick after kick at the can is just something that you have to marvel.

C. I guess since I was so pro Buffalo the last question I will pick on them here. It has and always upsets me that Buffalo somehow and without peer pressure (at least that I know of) has never found a way to properly incorporate the Buffalo Slug for the Buffalo Sabers of the early 2000s?

D. With such a long history, and all the years they have played in the SHL I think I easily have to point how much I enjoyed seeing Eduard Selich's career when he was in Buffalo. Selich was always able to find himself at the top of the league leaders and has set plenty of records for the Stampede.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

As I look back on the series and on the playoffs as a total, I lean on one guy who truly made a huge difference in this series, and surprisingly enough this player ended up on the wrong side of the series. Martijn Westbroek had an incredible playoffs run and final series. Finishing the playoffs with a league-leading 30 points while his next closest teammate was 8th in total points and only carried 19 points in total. There are times when a player just throws his team on his back and this was certainly one of those moments where a player did just that.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:

Beer

Code:

+3

CENTER
Goals -> 15 or more (16)
Assists -> 33 or more (27)
Points -> 53 or more (43)
+/- -> +19 or higher (-2)
Penalty Minutes -> 18 or fewer (25)
Shots on goal -> 147 or more (126)

Hits -> 34 or more (118)
Takeaways -> 12 or more (12)

Shots Blocked -> 57 or more (60)
Fights Won -> 1 or more
Powerplay Points -> 12 or more (3)

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.