Create Account

S67 PT #2: Book Deal Due: October 2nd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

PLAYER PROMPT

If you were to look at Pablo Salvatici you would expect him to be just like the image he puts forward on social media and in interviews. However, underneath that high energy party facade Pablo is actually an avid reader who loves a bit of me time. Having loved to read since he was a kid, you are just as likely to find him reading a book on the plane as you are to find him playing cards or a video game with his teammates. Pablo will read almost anything he can get his hands on, both fiction and non-fiction. He loves to curl up in a comfy chair with his dog at home and read into the wee hours of the night, getting sucked into the story and not realizing how much time has passed. Currently Pablo is reading The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer because Angus McPipe @micool132 recommended it.

151 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT

Kaapo Kampainen is a big book nerd and he enjoys reading a lot! He doesn't like the media scrum following the games, because he just wants to go back home and read a good book next to the foyer. Kaapo enjoys reading thrillers and crime novels, he's also a big fan of Scandinavian polars, because that reminds him of his native Finland. He's also a big fan of Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy (let's not talk about the other books that I believe tarnish the legacy of the original Millenuim trilogy). He's currently reading Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, with Erik Larson's The Devil in the White City up next on his nightstand. He finds every opportunity he can find to read, on the bus, on the plane, in his Uber, on the subway, he even reads in the locker room sometimes, which is kind of weird if you think about it. Kaapo is definitely a rare hockey player-book worm combo!

165 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Prompt 2

Nikolai Skovgaard is a big reader, it is one of his favorite things to do when he is not playing hockey. His big reading obsession as of late has been history. He has been spending a lot of time reading about the history of Canada and more specifically Quebec, where he is playing his junior hockey. I am very certain that he will do the same when he moves up to Buffalo. A couple of Nikolai's teammmates in Quebec have talked about how much he just spits out random history tidbits he reads about. 

"It's nonstop random information. I'm sure he would be good a trivia night or something but geez it gets old real quick" -An anonymous QCC player

Besides history, Nikolai is also into fantasy, currently reading through the Game of Thrones series in anticipation of the next book, which may or may not even be coming at this point.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Shoyo Hinata has a really good book idea that he can't wait to share with the words. In fact, it is not a book but a manga. When he is not passing the puck on the ice or training really hard with his teammates, Shoyo Hinata likes to draw and write for his manga. The series is called Haikyuu and it's about Shoyo high school volleyball team. Shoyo played volleyball before playing hockey. He was in a pretty good team. He played the middle blocker position and he was pretty good. They even won a championship! He released some chapters of his manga and it was a huge success. They are even talked about an anime deal. When he finish telling the story of his volleyball years, Shoyo will tell the tale of the Atlanta inferno and their dominance of the SHL in a new manga. He cant wait to draw Angus Mcfife and tell the story of the grinch

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

PLAYER PROMPT

DAD doesn't like reading novels. Instead, he's a big comic book reader. He's a fan of DC and his favorite character is Batman. As the only man in his family house, he read a lot of comic books for his little sisters and brothers : Disney books, animal and jungle books, super-heroes books. His own father used to read him a lot of books and especially comic books from the DCEU. He developed a passion for comics as he has an impressive collection of some of Batman's books. Every time Regina has to travel far away, DAD always brings with him a bunch of his old comic books as he remembers when his father used to read them for him. Some guys on the team laugh at DAD as they are saying that these books are for kids only, but he likes to tell them that comic books taught him a lot of things, maybe even more than he will ever learn in the future.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

PBE Affiliate

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

[Image: qt3Qgu1.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Graphic Task: Show me the cover of your player's book.

https://i.imgur.com/y8YsejY.png

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

In his younger days, the Ogre Street lifestyle was not at all conducive to reading or formal education. All young Robert needed to know was how to survive, meaning book smarts wouldn't carry the day as often as street smarts. When he left for North America, however, that all changed. His livelihood still depended on scrapping for his place on the ice, though it wasn't as bad a fight. He had time and luxury like never before. He took to reading up on histories, science, economics...subjects that he might have done better with had he learned earlier, but better late than never. That all can serve him well in a career and life after pro hockey.

He's also taken to mysteries, science fiction, and true crime books. Fiction books to expand the imagination when he has the time and needs to unwind. Things he couldn't have dreamed of in his gang days. Things that seem second nature to others to recite by rote.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Player Prompt:

Ethan Duncan has often been called a nerd, not for the number of books he reads, but for the type. Duncan has been hooked on the high fantasy genre since he was a kid and read The Hobbit. He has since read so many other books ranging from short thought provoking series such as His Dark Materials to the epic Wheel of Time adventure series. Duncan has always enjoyed the escape from reality and often books help keep his mind occupied before a big game. One day in particular, he was getting ready to play a clinching game seven and the coaching staff just could not find him anywhere. He wasn’t in his room nor at the rink, but instead he was just sitting on a bench overlooking the inner harbor on the Patapsco River from his days in Baltimore. He was enjoying a short book, called The Silver Chair, part of the Chronicles of Narnia series, but had still managed to lose track of time. Hours later, no one cared after he made a beautiful centering pass which was put away and ultimately was the series clincher.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Well Raiya hasn't ever really been the best at reading ever since she was a young girl, in her old neighbourhood the kids were very fond of books and because of that Rabinov felt like an outsider, kind of like now in the league. Thankfully in time an older lady named Angelina Popov lead a reading group every Sunday and as long as the children she hosted read a few lines.. The movies and popcorn would come after, not a bad reward!

Now after all these years of snacking back the buttery goodness we see her doing the same with the english language and it didn't take long before she understood the basics.. Recrntly she has been helping family members who have similar problems while arriving in America and need to learn a few words to get a bite to eat themselves, the power of language!

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

If I were to have a book deal, I would definitely want to hire a ghost writer. I would end up hiring someone like Neil Gaiman to write my story. It would be a highly fictionalized version of my story. A young orphan who defies all the odds to get adopted into a hockey family and ends up playing for a rival team, who goes no to beat his adopted parents teams, while also playing for his Uncles team. So maybe not that fictionalized, but definitely going to play up the narrative a bit. Maybe make it into a fantastical world, where there are villains who are trying to rig hockey games with magic and I'm the only one who notices and has to stop them. I think that is what would make the book unique, it's not just a hockey book, but maybe hockey is like quiddich in harry potter in my world. Just the game we all play, while you are not magicing.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

There's no way Noel could write a book about himself, for one he's an incredibly boring and normal person (as you can probably tell by his PT submissions). However he does quite enjoy reading and with the amount of travel he does as a professional hockey player, there's lots of time to pull out a book. He tends to read a fair bit of non-fiction as he likes to learn about stuff. History in particular is one thing he's pretty interested in. Also global geography and geopolitics. He recently read a book by an American journalist who was one of the first Americans allowed into North Korea to study the Korean language. He thought that was pretty cool to learn about. He usually just goes to the library in Winnipeg and picks out a couple that catch his eye. Next up on the list will be Fire and Blood, he's been watching the show House of the Dragon with some of the boys from the team and so figured he'd check out the book.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Christian Kinsinger certainly wouldn't be able to write a book himself, he doesn't have the way with words that's required to write a book, even one that's purely just a fact based history of himself. It may not be a famous author, but Kinsinger would certainly look for an author to write the biography for him, though certainly with plenty of input from Kinsinger. And as mentioned, of course yes, it would be a biography. Kinsinger doesn't have the creativity to create any kind of work of fiction, but a life of the Danish defender could certainly be interesting. It's been quite an interesting journey for Kinsinger, there's not too many Danish stars in hockey, and the journey to be a standout player from his draft class, on one of the best teams in the SHL, still with a bright future ahead is quite the story. The detailing of playing for Finland in the IIHF instead of his home nation of Denmark. The journey on a personal level has been quite a tale for Kinsinger as well. There's lots of unique story for Kinsinger to tell, and even more to come in the future, surely.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]