Create Account

S54 PT #2 - Play by Play

"We would like to thank the host city for their hospitality this evening of the draft. We would also like to thank the fans in the Air Canada Centre who are there for the draft viewing party. And with the second overall selection in the S54 SHL Entry Draft, the Toronto North Stars are proud to select from the Vancouver Whalers, Ryosuke Sato"
"Oh this is certainly going to a night to remember for this young man standing up there with the North Stars jersey. Sato has been solid for the Vancouver Whalers playing top line minutes alongside veteran defenseman Sven Yxskaft. Many analysts were talking before the draft where he'd go but no matter what we had a good feeling he was going high this draft. With 2 goals and 7 assists in his rookie season, I'm sure Sato is looking to improve on that heading into his second season with the Vancouver Whalers. I think he will fit really well on the blueline of the rebuilding Toronto North Stars who also have the likes of Ursin Zimmermann and Jack Kanoff in the pipeline. Solid pick by the North Stars."

As a first gen player in the league, this moment really stood out to me as I didn't expect myself to be so interested and so happy to be a part of the SHL community. Everyone in both the Vancouver and Toronto locker room have been great to talk to and being drafted second overall was beyond me. Even being drafted 16th overall in the SMJHL was a lot higher than my expectations!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 02:07 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

"So we've just seen Kaspars Claude go to Tampa Bay with the first overall pick of the draft, and that comes as no surprise to people who have followed rumours leading up to the draft, but with Hamilton on the clock now at second overall it's a bit more up in the air. Lots of potential targets for them have come up, like Calogero Crudelli, Mika Kandinsky or Lyle Odelein, but they are making their pick now and it will be Nour Harrak stepping up to the podium for the pick."

"With the 2nd overall pick of the S48 SHL Draft, the Hamilton Steelhawks are proud to select, a defenseman from the Anchorage Armada, Gabriel Johnson."

"Wow! This one is a really off the board pick up high. It was known that Hamilton were high on Johnson leading up to the draft, but it was very unexpected that they would go right for him with the 2nd overall pick."

This was a great moment for me because leading up to the draft I really wanted to go to Hamilton after scouting talks with them, and I've met so many people there I can consider more than just 'my SHL friends'. The time leading up to the draft and all the uncertainty around if I would be worth the second overall pick was really tense and stressful, and I won't forget that.

(231 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 02:16 AM by JamesT.)

Code:
Written option: In 150+ words, write out a radio/TV announcer’s call of one of your favorite moments from your player - from this season, a past season, or even a past career with a different player. If you want, include a color commentator’s breakdown of how the play happened. As part of your PT (it counts towards the word count), explain what makes this a special moment for you.

In S53, for the Edmonton  Blizzard we went on a miraculous run to the challenge cup finals where we ultimately fell short. However, I was able to score some key overtime goals to help secure us some wins along the way and that is a memory that will last with me forever.

During one of our games in the playoffs against the LA   Panthers I managed to score the OT winner to secure us the win and here is how the call went down.

'Jon forty-one races down the middle of the ice going into the  Panthers zone and dishes it to Hercules Rockefeller, Hercules then dangles past some defenders behind the net and sauces it in front of the net to James Truong. James dekes around a  Panthers defensemen and makes a quick move to the backhand and roofs it top shelf against the goalie to win the game in overtime. It goes and the  Blizzard  win the game!'

This moment meant so much for me because our team has been in many playoffs during the S54 playoffs and to be able to continue our overtime dominance in the playoffs meant a lot to me and of course our team!

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 03:44 AM by Carpy48.)

This photo shows the team after my very first game (and first win) with Toronto. Ironically enough the opposing goalie back then was none other than Eddy Ask Jr.

[Image: B8eylZQ.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Kaarlo Kekkonen's most recent goal in the SHL

"Here in the first period we're still all tied up in this one between the New Orleans Specters and the Texas Renegades. It's been fairly even so far so lets see what happens here. The Specters have it in the Renegades end, fired on net by Smyth and it'll be picked up by the Renegades.

Nikolai Evans with the puck here, the former first overall pick. He'll play it down the ice to Wachter, he'll take it into the zone. Played to Maximus, he's looking for an angle. Takes it behind the net, he's got some room to skate here, looking ahead to Kekkonen at the top of the circle.

Puck played to Kekkonen, that's a perfect pass, and Kekkonen fires the one timer and scores! That rattles off the top of the net and in, a scorcher of a shot there that gives the Renegades the lead here in the first period. Kaarlo Kekkonen scores his second ever SHL goal and it couldn't have come at a better time".

178 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 05:48 AM by Mutedfaith.)

About halfway through season 52 we played the Anchorage Armada at home. Our team consisted mostly of rookies and a few sophomores, but we were doing pretty well in the league.

Somewhere in the third period, Jobin retrieved the puck in our zone after a dump in by the Armada. Me, Luke and Kaarlo were out on the ice, and the Armada sent out Cvitkovich, Vyskoc and Hanson.

Quote:
Jobin gives the puck to McMaster. McMaster looking to find a way out of the zone, but his pass to Kekkonen is intercepted by Reeves. McMaster lifts Reeves stick to reclaim the puck. Reeves has his stick knocked out of his hands.

In comes Hanson, jumping on top of McMaster from behind, and starting a fight. Vyskoc and Cvitkovich want to interfere as well, trying to get a piece of McMaster, but Kekkonen grabs Cvitkovich and they wrestle each other to the ground. Labovitch grabs Vyskoc shoulder and pulls him back before he gets to McMaster and Hanson. A lot of grabbing and wrestling going on between Vyskoc and Labovitch, as they both try to get a few punches in. Labovitch gets a hold of the back of Vyskoc's jersey and starts pulling it over his head. And there's the right hook! Labovitch got one good punch in and Vyskoc drops to his knees.

That's it guys. This fight is over, and the linesman can come in to take both players to the box. The Falcons' playmaker showed the boats they shouldn't mess with his teammate, and everyone in the league now knows Labovitch can do more than just pass a puck.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Manius receives the puck in the neutral zone, rookie Williams comes on the ice for his first ever SHL shift fresh off a boat in St Louis. Yeah John, just yesterday Williams led the Scarecrows to the Four Star Cup and was immediately told to pack your bags and get to Winnipeg. Poulin has the puck now and he gets it to Williams, behind the net Williams looking for an opening. Winnipeg is hoping to see what Williams can do up in the SHL but understand the pressure that comes during a potential series winning game. Williams finds Hefeweizen at the point. Hefeweizen walks the line, cross ice pass to a rushing Poulin. Poulin finds an open stick in Williams. Williams shoots. GOAL! Nicholas Williams scores his first SHL goal! The young rookie quickly made his presence known on his first shift. Goal comes just 4 minutes into the game. (Fast Forward) The Winnipeg Jets win the Challenge Cup!

[159]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

The Baltimore Platoon has been peppered with shots in start of this game, still Luca Del Vecchio seems to be standing on his head so far.
Platoon players are valiant in their efforts to intercept passes and block shots in any way, Brock Nuck throws his body in front of Monkey D. Luffy's shot which deflects over the glass.

Both teams switch lines as they prepare for face-off deep in the Platoon zone.

Puck drops and Bobby Sharp gets his stick cleanly on the puck, Darrow is there to start setting up the offense.

Darrow smoothly sends the puck along the blue line to Scoop which has his eyes up scanning for the next potential play.

Sharp gets open along the boards deep below the goal which Scoop spots, he sends the puck straight to the tape of Sharp which immediately lets the puck go to Marius center slot area.

Marius manages to get a piece of the puck on his stick and hurtles it towards the net. It seems to be a little wide though.

In front of the goal Hippo Passamus has parked his wide hips to screen the goalie as best as he can.

Passamuss extends his stick out for a tip in and manages to get a piece of it.

It deflects cleanly into the net, Del Vecchio has been beaten as he couldn't see or react intime.

The crowd bursts out in cheers as the Buffalo Stampede is up 1-0 in the 7th game of the 54th Season!

RETIRED

PBP: It’s getting late now and with the Raptors up 3-2 in Game 2 of this S53 Quarterfinal matchup, the Knights are starting to turn up the pressure. Duncan wins the draw over to Williams. Fires the puck just wide of the net, but he corrals the puck again and moves it over to Golury. Shoots! And a diving stop made by Cerullo in the slot sends the Knights back into their own zone!
Oh and the Raptors have made a bad change! Williams finds Duncan! He’s in all alone! What will he do? He dekes and scores!!! Tie game!

*several seconds of silence while the Knights celebrate*

Color: Wow what a sequence right there. The Knights had been putting on all kinds of pressure trying to get this thing tied back up. Cerullo bails out his defense, but it’s all for nothing as the D makes a terrible line change and Williams catches them napping. Duncan kills them with his speed and what a nice move: forehand to backhand. It doesn’t get much better than this!

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

NSFL Welfare

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

Here he is Niccolo Livius sitting on the bench as the team moves down the ice. It is his first game in the SMJHL and did you know Jim that he is an Italian? Really Tim thats interesting do not see many pasta folk coming over the pond to play the greatest game on earth! While the puck crosses the blueline Livius sits forward eagerly on the bench. Oh! Newfoundland loses possession and the puck is cleared. A line change! Red Arrow and Mats Marner job over the bench, those are Livius’s linemates! He edges closer to the boards… he is standing… one leg OVER THE BOARDS! Oh no it got blown down for icing… Arrow and Marner return to the bench. The excitement on Livius’s face is palatable isn’t it Jim! He cannot wait to get on the ice but his first shift would have to wait until later in the game. Too bad for the kid Tim.

Words: 159

almost getting on the ice is my career highlight so far @JNH
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 08:46 AM by thiefofcheese.)

Maximus has had quite a few good moments to write about and this season's rookie of the year award is definitely near the top of the list. However, I'll focus on a on-ice moment for this PT.

I'd say the 4 Star Cup with Anaheim is extremely memorable. Ivan was captain of the team and stayed down for one more season in the juniors to try to get that cup before moving on to the big leagues in Texas. Anaheim started out slowly during Ivan's final season but the team really came together and put up strong numbers throughout the season. When playoffs came around there was one surprise after another but it all cumulated with those final seconds just over a season ago.

"We are in the final minutes of the SMJHL 4 Star Cup Finals and Anaheim is hoping to clinch the cup in Game 5"

"As the clock winds down the Anaheim team as switched to a very defensive heavy play style and are just playing keep-away with the puck"

"3, 2, 1 - There it is! Anaheim has won the cup. The team rushes Strom Chamberlin in net and the place is electric. That's 2 cups in 6 seasons for Anaheim! With few players moving up to the SHL next season the Anaheim team will look different, but we will definitely be seeing this group achieve great things in the following seasons"

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

NSFL PT - http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=304763

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 09:56 AM by notoriousTRON.)

The biggest goal of Rhys' career to this point came in game five the S52 Four Star Cup Finals against the St. Louis Scarecrows. The score was 3-3 and Anaheim captain Ivan Maximus had just scored the game tying goal five minutes prior after Anahiem had clawed back form a 2-0 St. Louis lead.

"PBP: Hammarberg wins the faceoff in the Scarecrow's zone. You can feel the energy in this building as the Outlaws set up and begin to cycle the puck. Thurber to Pritchard, Pritchard to Petrenko and back to Pritchard. Outlaws beginning to take control here. Thruber has it again, does a little dance around a Crow defender and dishes over to Pritchard for the one timer that misses the net just wide, Thurber retrieves the puck behind the net and dishes back to Pritchard in front of the net! He shoots he SCOOOOOREEESSS!!!! The Anaheim Outlaws have taken the lead on a Rhys Pritchard backhand tip in here in the 2nd period and you can feel the energy of this sell out crowd! This Outlaw offense is humming and Pritchard has given them their first lead of the night at 4-3! The Outlaws are now under 34 minutes from winning their 2nd Four Star Cup in the young franchise's history!!

Color: That was a crucial offensive zone faceoff win by Hammarberg there. The Outlaws had some crisp passing leading up to that goal. It almost looked like a power play with how they were moving the puck. Slick move by Thurber setting up the one timer and a quick recovery to gather up the loose puck behind the net and get it back to Pritchard again. Good awareness by Pritchard to get to the front of the net to receive that Thurber pass. What a great play by Anaheim and now they can breathe easier because they have their first lead of the night." 

Ultimately, the excitement and the lead would only last another 50 seconds before St. Louis tied the game, but the goal by Pritchard represented the first Outlaw lead of the night and they wouldn't trail again as they picked up two goals in the 3rd period to put the series away in five games.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Pt pass