Create Account

S54 SMJHL PT #5 - Highlight Reel
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 02:26 PM by MegaSkuci.)

---Accidentally did the wrong PT, I'm a send-down---
5 point game
When the start of this season came my personal goal was simple. Have the most goals in the league. Last year I had 20 shooting% and this year the team was getting only better, which meant more shots. Two weeks later, I had almost no goals and lead the league in assists and points. I have no idea how that happened. Then I got on a cold streak. No goals, no assists, consistent double digits in shot attempts... And then a game against St. Louis Scarecrows came. 5 points bomb. One goal, 4 assists. It surely was a great feeling after such a long cold streak.
Hattrick chance
When Carolina played the Whalers, Vítek finally a goal. A few seconds later he got another one! 10 minutes into the first period Vítek was sitting on two shots, two goals. The goal was obvious - get a third one. Throughout the last 10 minutes and another two periods, Vítek got 15 more shots on goal, resulting in total of 17 in the game, but he didn't get the hattrick.
All-star game
Vítek got to play in this year's all-star game. It might have been one of the worst all-star games ever, as it was a very defensive bout which doesn't really entertain, but Vítek was there. It shows that he achieved something in his career.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

Getting Drafted
Being new to this whole process was a great experience. Especially cause I joined the league with friends, Anaheim Defenseman Harry Walker @chilidawg and Colorado Goalie Mertin Broduer @KarrdisBored, we all watched the draft together in a voice call and got hella hyped whenever each of us went off the board. Of course, the pre-draft process was cool too, as so many teams showed interest and it was great to feel wanted.

Getting Into Graphics
I've always been a sports graphics guy, so getting "paid" for this fun extra side task was great, and receiving largely positive grades in my first batch was a really cool experience. Also, joining the graphics discord was amazing cause the people there are awesome!

Joining the Team
A locker room is a special place, and Maine proves to be that in spades. So many great characters, but also just great guys who like to chill out, chat, and have fun. Was super pumped to find out guys like @Zema and @AgentSmith630 were as giant book nerds as I was!

Go Maine!

Words: 179

[Image: Screenshot_2020-05-18_at_9.24.57_PM.png?...height=942]
[Image: HenneyIL-GBsig2.png]
~ Sigs made by yours truly ~

[Image: vokU6Ra.png] | [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Season 54 has had a lot of great "highlights" for me as a rookie. The Top 3 highlights are

1. Draft Day
Draft Day was an experience like no other. I was a relatively unheard of player, "flying under the radar" if you will. I have no idea what to expect  and I didnt even know if I would be drafted. But thankfully the Raptors called and took a shot on me. I am forever grateful to them for giving me a chance to show what I can do. Greatest moment in my hockey life. 

2. Locker Room 
Being in the Raptors Den has been amazing just meeting and talking to the guys in the locker room. The guys have been so welcoming to me and they have been extremely helpful to me as a player. There is so much knowledge that has been shared, it has been a unbelievable time in Colorado. 

3. First Goal/Multi-goal 
I didnt have to wait long to get my first SMJHL goal. In Game 2 at Anchorage,  I remember I win the Faceoff to left of goalie. We are passing the puck around, it goes back to Bryce Turner who rips a pass to me. I fired a shot from the top of the circle that beat Soochie Stratton. Greatest moment. It was also the game winning goal. 
Then in Game 16, I got my first 2 goal game versus Maine. I scored on 2 breakaways and one was shorthanded. I also added a 2nd 2 goal game in Game 19 versus Anaheim. I scored both goals in 33 seconds. Fastest 2 goals I have ever scored. 

Word Count: 274

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 03:26 PM by Tylar.)

Draft Day
Draft day was a lot of fun for me, probably the most fun i have had on SHL in years. I was in the Berserker's locker room as a DFA and i knew many of them from previous experiences of SHL. I ended up going Frist overall which was a first for me. I have enjoyed my time in Newfoundland since.

Locker Room Noodle Debate/Food Takes
The locker room has been a fun place as previously mentioned. There was a fierce debate in the locker room whether all pasta are noodles. General Manager Corey Kennedy was fiercely opposed to certain types of pasta being called noodles. From Lasagna Noodles, to other types, this conflict went onto a fierce debate. Other food hot-takes were also involved including whether ketchup was allowed on mac and cheese which for Slate it is allowed but others disagreed. Food takes seem to be popular in the locker room with many disagreements and name calling.

Locker room Jeopardy Battles
Berserker Jeopardy battles can get heated, and the first few nights of Jeopardy bot was a lot of fun. We learned who has the smarts and who doesn't. Lots of funny moments of the bot not working properly and other things.

Overall my main highlights of the season have nothing to do with the ice, mostly just having fun with good friends on the team and enjoying each other's company.

Code:
225 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020, 06:18 PM by Ohtaay.)

[Image: SMJHP.jpg]

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

My first highlight this season definitely comes from the day that we traded for Budlight Lime Budlight Lime, he may not be the best performer on the ice and he isn't really the loudest voice in the locker room, but I'll be damned if that isn't the best name in our draft class, dare I say ever. My second highlight this season is for sure being drafted by the Vancouver Whalers with my friends gooney and han. We all three managed to go to Vancouver and I'm so happy that I get to be on the same team as my friends. Lastly, my last highlight for this season would probably be the fact that PGS are no longer a thing. Even since I joined the league a few years ago I'v hated doing them and the fact that they are no longer a thing makes me very happy.
(153 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

As the season comes to a close for Jed Mosley Jr and the Colorado Raptors, there haven't been a lot of individual highlights for the former. If I had to pick the best highlight it would be my first point in the league. The first is always the biggest because it gets the monkey off the back and kind of lets you settle in a little bit and really tune your game. While I only have 4 points this season, I definitely think there is some improvement coming.

From a team standpoint, the highlight has definitely been making a push for one of the best teams in the West. All season long coaches have been telling us we are a young team and not to expect much. I think this has helped the boys relax and let the game come to them. It has resulted in a winning record and with a winning record comes a create environment off and on the ice. The true test and true highlight will be come playoff time.

(175)
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020, 04:03 PM by DELIRIVM.)

Daniil Nikiforov has had a season full of firsts. Many of which are impactful to him as a player moving forward.

1. The draft was an interesting experience for Nikiforov. A young man with limited English experience and limited funds dropped right into the North American stratosphere. His first few days in Canada really blew him away and he finally realized the huge differences between his hometown Nizhny Novgorod. Nikiforov is still adjusting to these differences but he's start to find his stride as a temporary North American citizen.

2. Scoring his first ever SMJHL goal against the St. Louis Scarecrows. Daniil remembers it vividly. He took a bouncing puck, deked around a defender and lit the lamp. His shot was blisteringly fast. "Sometimes I think my nervousness nearly cost me this first goal. I was shaking after the shot. Nothing is like scoring that first goal and seeing your teammates cheer!"

3. Touring Vancouver. While the team has been hot garbage this year, Daniil has gotten to know the wonderful people on his squad closely. He is also extremely happy to be playing such a beautiful place. Mountains and oceans, so much good food, and the RAIN! Daniil loves the rain and is happy to be playing in a place with such wonderful rain showers.

Overall the S54 season has been one of growth and firsts for Daniil Nikiforov, but moving forward he hopes to take the league by storm in S55 and show that he has finally adjusted to a new life in North America and can be one of the best young forwards to come out of the league in a long time. 

[276 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Highlight #1
    Getting drafted onto my first team was an unfortgetable and awesome experience.  I was tuned in to watch the entire draft live with the guys I joined the league with and we had a blast with it.  Definitely a really fun introduction to the league and I was totally surprised with where I ended up.  I hadn't had a ton of conversations with Kelowna and truthfully expected to be taken by Anaheim after getting added to their prospects discord.

Highlight #2
    My first goal was a moment I won't forget.  We were watching the stream and when Teddy scored I was immediately pinged by @Katth to mark the achievement.  The team was awesome about congratulating me and while the personal pings stopped the positive locker room didn't even in the game we lost or when I was the final shooter in 2 of our shootout losses.  The Kelowna locker room is a great place to be.

Highlight #3
    This one is from today!  Winning the Laurifer was an incredible team accomplishment.  The race came all the way down to tiebreakers (I believe even the second tiebreaker) and tuning into the streams with my team was fun every day tracking both our individual and team success.  As a first regular season with the SMJHL being a contributing member that ended the season logging 20+ minutes per game I couldn't have pictured it better if I'd wanted to.

Word count: 587

#1 My first goal:
I think that every player, no matter what position they play, will have their first goal on their personal highlight reel. I was snake bitten before mine, with over seventy shots on net and not a single goal to get from it. Then BAM, on a seemingly do nothing shot on the power play, I got one in right through the five hole. Not that I’d end up scoring many more in the season but that first one still meant a lot to me.

#2 My four point game:
Seems a little long for a highlight reel but my four point game is still one of them. I was really in the grove that night, scoring my third goal of the season and setting up three more goals for my fellow Timbers. It was the first time I felt really settled in and started to gel with my teammates.

#3 Being put on the 1st pairing:
When you’re taken in the fourth round, you don’t really expect much. I’d been passed over constantly and even had the second overall pick on my team. I just assumed I’d be relegated to that second pairing for my entire season. So, when coach gave me the heads up that I’d be moving up to the first pairing with the Captain, I was ecstatic. Getting that kind of bump so quickly really boosted my confidence and drive to continue improving on my offence.

240 Words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Draft:

This had to be included in this seasons highlight real for the godmother as he was drafted 5th overall in the draft to the Colorado Raptors. The godmother had not expected to be drafted so high, and so soon but much to his surprise teams had their eyes on him early and off he went at 5th overall. The highlight of that night was the godmother heading down to the stage to put on a raptors jersey while being drafted as a top 5 prospect in the draft.

GWG:

Game 38 of the season between the Colorado Raptors and the Kelowna Knights, it's the first period and what no one really expected was the godmother netting his first goal of the season, of his career in the SMJHL and the game winning goal of the game as the Raptors would move on to take it 2-0. For a first goal, everything went right for the godmother and it is a moment that he will remember for a long time to come.

3rd Line Promotion:

The godmother played a majority of his season on the 4th line averaging around 7 min a game however around game 30 he was given the opportunity to start on the 3rd line and this promotion showed a glimpse of what he is capable of. The godmother after promotion started netting more points in less games than when he was on the 4th line.

(241 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

There are a lot of good moments in this season. Last season I played very unprofessional and irresponsible. So my first good moment definitively was first game of regular season. In offseason I improved my defensive skills and in first game I shove my skill in the end zone. But in the end there are few offensive and all around highlight reels I’d like to mention too.

20th of October – road game against Caroline. We won 5-3. I gave pass against boards to @Zombiewolf Jaska in the middle he entered offensive zone and dished to @Blues Rocco. He one-timed and made 4-3 in favor of us. In the very end of period I blocked shot then got the puck. Actually I was in such a position to shoot to empty net from own zone blue line but I decided to pass to @GeckoeyGecko Simon. Coach … I think… He liked my unselfishness so awarded with 1st star.

28th of November – 7-1 win against Timber at home. They had bad defence day so I used my opportunity. Joined to attack. @RotticusScott Rotticus was behind net and gave my assist in front of net. I was dumb. I didn’t one-time. I paused and made forehand – backhand move. I barely made the shot. Bloomfield got chunk with blocker. I was lucky too. My first goal! In the 3rd period I dangled and gave assist to Rotticus.

11th of December - Home win against Berserkers (5-1). That day was @trashae Teddys great game. He is younger and less experienced than I but he plays very mature. He scored in first and got assist before. Berserkers tried to swipe the puck out of zone but Teddy caught puck along boards. He gave immediately a pass and I made strong slapper. Puck went between @Wally Amundsens legs. I got lucky with screen too but goal was nice. Sorry Cale!

06-26-2020, 12:38 PMkikish18 Wrote: 11th of December - Home win against Berserkers (5-1). That day was @trashae Teddys great game. He is younger and less experienced than I but he plays very mature. He scored in first and got assist before. Berserkers tried to swipe the puck out of zone but Teddy caught puck along boards. He gave immediately a pass and I made strong slapper. Puck went between @Wally Amundsens legs. I got lucky with screen too but goal was nice. Sorry Cale!

This hurts my feelings Kish... lol... damn you.

[Image: Wally.png]

NSFL Affiliate

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=318414

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]