Create Account

S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!
None

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!
Of course! NightRobin#1018

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!:
Player like Joe Thornton (pass first, but has a sweet shot)

4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?
Honestly, to have fun. Loving the amount of interaction so far!

5) Give us your best pun
Hmm... can I take a raincheck?

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
My first love in sports is soccer. Huge Juventus Fan. Hockey and Basketall are 2nd. Love playing Football Manager, playing through Luigi's Mansion 3 right now, sometimes load up FIFA or Madden. Looking to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider soon. Ask away about me about other things too!

[Image: EXyOBWw.png]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!

I have no experience at all!

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

I'm fine with that! leviadan#1605

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

I think it would be fun to be first in on the forecheck, digging out pucks for the snipers and the playmakers. Goals would mostly be from creating havoc in front of the net and banging in the rebounds!

I think it's fun! I just want to hang out and explore stuff. I'm definitely not interested in being super hardcore and driving as hard as I can to be on the best team and win all games possible.

5) Give us your best pun

Simulated Hockey League? More like... Bimulated... Blockey... Bleague...

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!

I'm a work from home video editor that mostly spends time working and walking my sweet dog. I like to follow basketball when I can!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

[1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!
This is my first experience with a sim league after hearing about it on Reddit

I would but I do not have Discord at this time

[3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!
I am looking to build a playmaker who is a good skater and is responsible defensively

My goal is just to have a good time and build my player. I really have been enjoying the site so far.

5) Give us your best pun
I would, but it isn't very punny... (I'm sorry)

I am a student and I have played hockey irl. I am from Detroit and root for all the local teams, especially the Red Wings. I watch Michigan State football and basketball, and hockey when it is on T.V. I am looking forward to starting my first season in the SHL.

I was the GM of the Detroit Pistons in a NBA sim league. I was GM for 3 seasons (3 months)

I would! My discord is Big Bob#5888

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

I'm looking to build a shifty scorer who develops into one of the most memorable players in SHL history. I want to also be one of the top goal scorers in SHL and SMJHL history.

My goal is to stay active and develop Miro like I said in the last answer. I'm really liking the site so far!!

5) Give us your best pun

What are bruisers known for?

Just Checking

I enjoy basically all sports. I coach for the YMCA in Basketball and Football and I used to coach a little hockey. I'm one of the worst NHL 20 players you've ever seen despite me knowing basically every attribute off the top of my head. I'm trying to get into filmmaking as well, but I can't seem to find a logical idea to make.

[Image: Bobbybye88.gif]

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any
other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like
to know!

I'm a rookie in NSFL, I just went 4th overall in their draft.

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a
member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name?
One of us will reach out to you shortly!

Yes via Discord please, Jeffrey#2575

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew
of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you
achieve your goals in the SHL!

John Carlson is my favorite defenseman so preferrably him, or Mike Green/Kris Letang.

I want to have a good time, I'm not trying to be the best or anything, just want to make a decent player

5) Give us your best pun

I'm not really the best with them, so I'll refrain.

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP
threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about
yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other
sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer
my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and
inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know
if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important
question!

I play too many games. If you had something in mind, reach out and there might be a good chance I play it. I'm currently a Junior in college. I like football/basketball/hockey and was a former mod on the r/torontoraptors discord. I suck at forums and stuff like this but feel free to reach out and we can chitchat a bit, I'm a way more likeable soul in there than here, haha

None at all!

Sure why not, St_Lunatic #0735

Stay at home defensive defensemen.  Not sexy, but someone has to do it. 

To have a good time as well as win something.  Loving it so far.

5) Give us your best pun
I sat here and attempted to come up with a pun for far too long and I couldn't think of anything.  I could send you some memes via discord if you'd like.

I love just listening to music and watching hockey.  Big MMA fan as well, but grew up playing hockey and only recently (within the last 4 years) started to train kickboxing.  I'm mainly interested in SHL and the Junior league because it seems like an awesome concept and I've been having fun so far.  I don't really know much about any of the teams, but I feel like I'm a personable guy who will fit in pretty well.  My hobbies include: weightlifting, eating, watching hockey, and a little bit of video games with the roommates.  
I'm really just looking to have a good time here, but I plan on being (moderately) active Smile

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 12:54 AM by Zomp.)

I honestly don't have much experience with simulated leagues. The only thing I've played that really comes close is the Franchise mode's on NHL over the last decade.
I'd gladly be interested in talking, I'm always up for answering more questions either on here or on Discord. I'm currently in the Draft Class Discord. I can gladly PM my Discord name if needed!
I'm trying to go with a pure goal scorer with a lethal shot. Most comparably to someone like David Pastrnak or Auston Matthews. I'm not planning on being much of a physical body, much rather someone who relies on pure skill with the stick.
My goals in the SHL are to be able to find a great organization that I can learn and build with. I don't want to start off too ambitious and aim for MVP or anything right off the bat. I'd much rather take a slower approach and learn from other's while building a well rounded player.
5) Give us your best pun
Honestly, I'm terrible with puns. 

I'm an avid fan of baseball as well as the UFC, but definitely have a preference for hockey. My main go to game for the last few years has been League of Legends. Prior to that, I mostly played NHL but the game's have started to get pretty stale which is super lame.

None!
Sure, jobin#7448
I built me a goalie
To have a good time with other people who love the sport
5) Give us your best pun
NO, please don't make me pun... you can't make me, you're not even my real dad.

I'm into way too many hobbies that they all tend to fall to the wayside until I remember that I'm interested in them. The one that stays always is gaming. I've been really into Forza lately, but I play pretty much anything.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

None

Sure, EricNCSU#4481

Two way forward, scorer and shot blocker

At the moment just to see how everything works, whether or not my player does well is kinda secondary. I like it. It's a lot. A little bit overwhelming but I'm getting the hang of it.

5) Give us your best pun
Can't think of one... has to be in the moment, like a Dad joke. 

I'm a homebrewer and work at a brewery. Plan to get back into golf when the rainy season is over. Pretty fanatical about almost all sports, NHL, CHL, AHL, NFL, College FB, College Basketball, MLS and NWSL. Season ticket holder for the Portland Thorns starting this season, stoked about that. Originally from North Carolina (NC State, Canes, Panthers), now live in Portland, OR (Seahawks, Timbers/Thorns, Portland Winterhawks). If you put me in front of a TV of any sport and give me a reason to root for one side or the other I'm hooked. During Olympic years my wife rags on me for watching Women's curling (hey, USA/Canada gold medal match.. come on!).

A few SHL players over the years. Haven't made one since S30

Yes but I don't use discord.

Two-way defenseman

Build a good player

5) Give us your best pun
I hate puns

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question! Nah, I'm good

None
Sure! chirchirp#8969
Pass first winger who is defensively sound
I want to first and foremost have fun. But I definitely want to help win some championships for my team.
5) Give us your best pun
What is the best time to go to the dentist? 
2:30

My favorite NHL team is the Canes. I play disc golf a few times a week and joined a street hockey league this past year, never played ice hockey though. I play rocket league pretty regularly. This year I'm starting to grow a bunch of varieties of hot peppers which will hopefully make some good hot sauce.

[Image: TF7ZTeC.png]
Ziggy Tambo - LW - Anaheim Outlaws

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I have no experience in SHL, but I used to be very active with several simulation leagues.

Sure. My discord ID is MasterSh33p#1111.

I'm looking to build a two-way center.

My primary goal is to gain as much TPE as I can and be the best that I can be. The site is good. I wasn't expecting it to be completely forum based, so that's something to get used to.

5) Give us your best pun

Eh, I'm not very punny on the fly.

I play a fair bit of games, mostly Old School Runescape at the moment. I love baseball. Being a Caps and Nats fan these past couple years has been so surreal after years of disappointment. I'm an accountant and have been doing that for nearly a decade. Oh I know you're snoring now, but really it's a great job and I love what I do.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

1. this is my first dabble into it!

2. I'm always open to talk AeonSandwich#2733

3. Well rounded offensive defenseman, think John Klingberg

4. right now I just want to learn the SHL and build a successful d-man

5) Give us your best pun
   5. I'm very goal oriented

6. I'm just a pretty chill dude who loves hockey and video games, love a good community and can't wait to get this season started!

[Image: sCw2XT1.png]
sig by Carpy48

01-12-2020, 12:58 PMhhh81 Wrote:
[Image: jYLSkDI.png]

Welcome to SHL! I'm hhh81, the General Manager of the Colorado Raptors, here to learn more about the newest potential members of our team.

It's that time of the season again. I've provided a copy and paste-able code down below here with some questions for you to answer! Please provide your answers in the blanks under the questions and someone from our scouting staff will reach out with any further questions we have.

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!

I do not have any experiences with the SHL nor any simulated sports league.

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

I would be interested with more communication with Colorado's front office. Discord: Lil Broomstick

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!

As a center, I looking to win a lot of faceoffs as more faceoff wins hopefully results in more puck positions which could generate more goals. My top 3 traits I want to improve more is faceoffs, defense, and shooting.

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

To be a top center in the league.

[b]5) Give us your best pun[/b]

Hey Tendy you have more holes than swiss cheese,

[b]6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

My name is William. I am work for the Tampa Bay Lightning in retail (legit) Favorite sport besides hockey is football and favorite team is the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers is my FATHER! I dont know what else besides my player's motto is skate fast, eat ass

As always any of you can message me directly either on site or on Discord and I'll be happy to help you however I can (hhh81#1323). I hope all of you enjoy the SHL and good luck at the draft!

I am brand new to the league and simulations in general.

Yes, my discord name is Twenty#0599

Looking to build a puck moving defenseman, a la Nicky Lidstrom. Looking to rack up assists and, by extension, wins.

Main goal is obviously to win the cup. Individually, I would like to be a top point getting defenseman in the league.

5) Give us your best pun
What country's capital has the fastest growing population?
Ireland. Everyday it's Dublin.

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Don't just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
I'm a huge gamer in general. League of Legends is big with my group of friends at the moment. I'm in school for nursing. Soccer is the only other sport, besides hockey, that I will watch or follow.