Create Account

S52 WFT #0 - Bold Predictions

Quote:Inf1d3l - Toronto will make the playoffs in the East

I just don't see how this can be true. Toronto has 1 skater above 1000 TPE. They are young and will have good depth in the future but won't be making the playoff's in S52. A bunch of other East teams seemed to have improved this offseason and I just don't see Toronto edging them out.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred - Texas will shock the world and make the playoffs

Please Rob. This is both a true "hot take" while also being so far from reality that it is actually ridiculous. Texas has exactly 2 players that are worth talking about in Andreas Kvalheim as their scoring threat and fantasy superstar, and Harvey Danger as their offensive defenseman. Everyone else should not be anywhere near the playoffs at this point in their careers.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

13th US President Millard Fillmore - Tampa Bay and West Kendall will take the top two spots in the Atlantic

Honestly, that probably held some water at the end of last season but Tampa Bay just blew itself up like... a week or two ago? I mean, we do have a good chance of getting one of the top two spots, don't get me wrong but Tampa is a bit of a stretch, apparently. I do wish them the best but yikes.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Blastmeaway - LAP will win the Challenge Cup

This is wrong because my new team... *reads card* the Tampa Bay Fishy Bois, will be winning the cup this season. It's the only logical conclusion because I was just traded there and won't be playing this season. SO, since the Fishy Bois will win a cup, they can't win it next year when I'm up in the SHL, because there's a finite number of cups you're allowed to win. The reason this will take place, therefore, is that the universe hates me and wants me to be very close but just out of reach to a cup

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Inf1d3l - Toronto will make the playoffs in the East

I think this is quite possible, especially with a Simon T that seemingly picks a random team each season to over perform what their perceived results should be. So Why not Toronto this season?

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

hotdog - Despite the band-aid, Hamilton be the first team to repeat as champions since the S30-31 Wolfpack

This couldn't be any more wrong. New rule was put in place just to counter their strategy, which is the 20 point difference between passing and scoring. There was nothing wrong with Hamilton in using that strategy because they found the loophole in the system. But now that they changed it means that they will not be able to repeat their championship. In addition, if we are switching to another sim engine, who knows what will happen.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Quote:Donini - SFP will beat out LAP and NOLA to win the division

NOLA is still a strong team and with LAP having BALLS! they have created much needed additional depth. Not to mention the fact the SFP has just horrible luck. Every season we ask ourselves if its SFP's time? It's like being a TN Vols fan except actually heartbreaking.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Code:
Luke - Chicago will win the President's Trophy

I'll join this bandwagon and say that this is quite the bold prediction. I have a lot of love for Chicago b/c of their affinity for ANA alums, but with some of the other powerhouses here I don't see the President's Trophy as being very likely. It's not impossible b/c Simon is a fickle ruler, but quite the bold take.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 05:04 PM by Wallflower.)

Katth - LAP will miss the playoffs

I just know this has to be a joke. They are a very solid team top to bottom and their conference isn't exactly difficult. You add THE McZ to their team and expect them to miss the playoffs? Asinine, I tell you. Katth? More like kattheter(catheter), somebody go empty it because its full of crap.

Katth - LAP will miss the playoffs

Absolutely not. LAP is way to consistent in an already weak division. Management is always making the right moves. I will say they probably wont make a huge splash in the playoffs, but they will definitely get there.

[Image: horvat3.png]

hotdog - Tony Pepperoni will become the first player since Ryan Jesster in S8-9 to win back to back Khan awards

I'm sorry @hotdog, while it was a bold prediction, it was a little too bold.  The GOAT himself, CC2 @Boomcheck will interrupt the Tony Pepperoni sausage love fest that has been going on.  Retired or active, disgruntled or happy, on Chicago or anywhere else, CC2 is going to get it done!

[Image: 6yGtNq1.png]
Sig by Carpy48
[Image: ZdvabGY.png]
Sig by Carpy48

Kelly Clarkson - Buffalo will miss the playoffs for the first time since S45

Buffalo is a literal stampede, I don't think they are capable of slowing down their hype train. Also, how much does Kelly Clarkson really know about the simulation hockey league?

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Kelly Clarkson - Buffalo will miss the playoffs for the first time since S45

I don't think it's wise to count out such a successful franchise, even if some "lower tier" teams have made good improvements this offseason. Buffalo still seems poised to have a very good chance to make the playoffs.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Luke - Chicago will win the President's Trophy

Yeeeeesh... look, I love Chicago, got some good friends, ex-teammates and GMs that I respect on that team, but are you seriously discouting the Western Conference altogether? Do you think last year's domination from both Edmonton and New Orleans was a fluke? Nah, I think the President's Trophy stays in the West this season - my bets are on Edmonton.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Code:
hotdog - Despite the band-aid, Hamilton be the first team to repeat as champions since the S30-31 Wolfpack

It is very uncommon for a team to win back to back championships in today’s SHL and despite Hamilton able to exploit a sim engine bug last season, I do not believe that they will be able to do it two seasons in a row, with some new rules being implemented.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS