Create Account

S65 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 06:15 PM by steveoiscool. Edited 6 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE

Verification: sven

6. Written, 3 TPE, New Stat

7. Milestones, 3 TPE

If I was going to introduce a new stat, it would be something along the lines of team leader and/or charisma. We all can think of players that weren't necessarily the model of personal athleticism or skill/talent, but they made whatever team they were on better nonetheless. Sometimes they're grinders, 4th liners, "locker room presences", but they always have some sort of "intangible". So let's just make the intangibles...tangible. It could be something similar to a luck stat in an RPG, where it doesn't actually do anything by itself but instead acts as a somewhat hidden multiplier to your teammates. You could have a center that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with any of their shots, but makes both of their wingers elite snipers. Basically, they'd be the ultimate hype man, or you could just take a couple points here and there to increase how your line gels. (153 words)

13. Graphic, 1 TPE, DALL-E? More like WINN-ING!

[Image: 7FBg2zd.png]

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIAM Excited for IIHF

It's no secret that Great Britain has had a bit of a fall off in recent seasons compared to the near constant stream of silvers and golds they had been enjoying. It turns out that the pool for hockey talent is quite limited in Great Britain, so recruiting is of the utmost importance. With that said, Great Britain's recruiting is finally looking to pay off this season, as all of the baby Brits are not babies anymore and are looking to exact revenge for all the early exits the last handful of seasons. Great Britain has a solid mix of young and old talent, and will be looking to get back into the medal rounds this season as well as the next 5-6 seasons, as their window is wide open starting now. You'll be hard pressed to find a more stacked roster in the IIHF for the upcoming future than Great Britain, and I'm excited to see what they can do. (161 words)

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Boss Fight

Sven has recently joined the Manhattan Rage along with his good friend Lev Lebedev, and it seems like it would be pretty easy to turn the Rage's iconic bull into a boss fight. For starters, there are few things I would be more scared of than a giant, angry, red bull in front of me so we've got a solid start there already. I don't think it'd be a stretch to credit the Rage with super strength, something very evident on the ice with how much hits the Rage rack up. The Rage is also not scared to play dirty, shown by the Rage avatar Juni Panda, racking up the most PIMs in the league for multiple seasons. However, if the Rage had a weakness, it would definitely be food. Just...any food. I've been in the locker room for a week and it's clear they'll eat anything. Literally anything, I'm not even kidding. Lay down some food and the Rage will leave you alone. (164 words)

16/16

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

SHL GM Pass

[Image: banes.png]

SHL GM Pass

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2022, 08:49 PM by leafsftw1967. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
verification word: go leafs

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?
At the end of the day I think the Los Angles Panthers are winning this challenge cup finals series pretty easily. First of all before the western conference finals they had not lost an entire game in the post season and even in the western conference finals they only lost twice.

b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?
While Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, racking up one hundred and two points across their top six forwards you have to remember that the Los Angles Panthers have some of the best defensemen in the league with guys like Kierkegaard and Kahnwald that I think can shut them down.

c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring?
Honestly I do not think there is a chance that Tampa Bay can beat these two while they are on the ice. As a result, Tampa Bay will need to make the most of their opportunities when these two guys are not on the ice and try to capitalize on the minimal goal scoring chance they are likely to get.

d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?
I think blocking shots in the playoffs is crucial so it’s a good thing that both the Tampa Bay Barracuda and Los Angle Panthers are number one and two in shots blocked in the post season. At the end of the day you got to do whatever it takes within the rules to win in the playoffs including blocking shots.

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
+3 tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3232152

17. Written, 3 TPE, A Few Of Your Favourite Things (150 words min.)
Last season I asked why you chose your IIHF country, and this is somewhat similar but I’m specifically asking for non-hockey reasons now. What are some of your favourite things about the country your player is from? Are there special sights? Cities? Maybe it’s food? All of the above? Do a little research on the country and tell me what you like!
The reason why Mats Marner loves his home country of Ukraine so much is the deeply historic and remarkable architecture. The skyline of capital city Kyiv is filled with golden domes, a symbol of Ukrainian architecture. There are over 900 churches and cathedrals built from the Kyivan Rus era till today. The most famous one is St. Sophia’s Cathedral, a UNESCO Site. Other buildings such as theatres, universities and mansions are a sight to behold all over the country. The traditional Ukrainian food is also incredible. The most important national dish is borsch, of course. It is a beetroot soup with different vegetables and sour cream. Other most popular dishes include varenyky, a Ukrainian version of dumplings with different fillings, holubtsi or cabbage rolls filled with minced meat. There are many more traditional dishes like chicken Kyiv, banosh, korovai, paska, holodets, homemade sausages and more. Ukrainians are truly friendly people and some of the best people to drink with.

22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Gone Viral (150 words min.)
Your player unexpectedly has a video go viral on social media. Why? Does it make your player look good? Does it make them look bad? What happened and why was someone filming you to begin with? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player being filmed in their viral moment.
Mats Marner not only one day after being eliminated in a heartbreaking game six defeat in the western conference finals of the Challenge Cup playoffs was back on the ice training for next season. During one of the shootout drills to end the training session Marner pulled off an incredible move that he uploaded to YouTube that went viral. The move was a spinning, lacrosse-style shootout goal that got by his fellow teammate Matt Smith. Marner nailed the move perfectly pulling off the trick shot and something he hope he can bring to the ice next season in the shootout for the Chicago Syndicate. Marner first came up with the idea to go big and try to master some highlight reel shootout tricks to help add another dimension to his game. From there, Marner has focused on putting in the work, practicing and perfecting the move before trying it out with an SHL goalie trying to stop him. Watch out for that move next season by Marner.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2022, 07:06 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 4 times in total.)

+3 TPE - PBE Affiliate PT

+1 TPE -
Code:
Since the ring task was unbelievably easy, I thought I’d try out another insanely easy graphics task. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! 
LINK: https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

[Image: yKtpkBW.png]

+4 TPE -

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?
b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?
c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring?
d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?

a. I am going to have to take the Los Angeles Panthers to win the finals here.  I do have the benefit of them already having won the first game of the series but I do think with the roster they have that they should be heavily favored.  They have some great pieces up and down the lineup and can score from any combination of players on the ice.  I am definitely not choosing the Panthers because I used to play for them! [82 words]

b. If I am Los Angeles I don't think I am even worrying about linematching against the top six forwards of Tampa Bay.  The Tampa Bay forwards are really good and all you can really hope to do is contain them when you play against them.  If you worry about matching with them too much you're going to run the risk of getting lost in that and your tactics will suffer.  Just run your lines and trust them I say. [79 words]

c. I don't think you can really get around them or limit their defensive impact on the game, kinda like my last answer you just have to play around them and hope that they don't hurt you too badly.  It would be smart to spread out your scoring so that you can hopefully avoid the outstanding defensive pairing for the Panthers.  You have to hope you'll get your goals when they are on the bench though it doesn't happen often. [79 words]

d. I think it is probably a bad thing that a team will have more blocked shots than another.  Sure it shows that the players are willing to sacrifice the body, but do you know what is even better than that?  Having possession of the puck so you can shoot it!  Blocking a shot is never going to directly lead to a goal so I would rather be on the better possession team that is taking more shot attempts. [78 words]

3 TPE -
Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Mysterious Person 150 words min
Make up an important character from SHL history. Tell me their name, what their job was, and why they’re important. Maybe they were an eccentric team owner? An agent that represented half the league? Heck, make it a real person from SHL history if you want! I’m always down to hear cool old SHL stories!

Sit down and let me tell you a story about Wobbly the woodchuck who was a local celebrity around the Halifax, Nova Scotia area when the Halifax Raiders were still a team.  Ol' Wobbly was known to get into the arena when the Raiders were playing and could be seen by fans and TV cameras.  He became a little local celebrity of sorts.  Unfortunately one day the arena janitor, Sweet Tea Goodensmith, was startled by Wobbly moving through a dark hallway, and he slapshotted Wobbly into the wall using a mop.  Wobbly was killed instantly and everyone was very, very said.  Goddensmith was disgraced and left Canada all together, no one has seen him since.  It seems to have actually cursed the Halifax Raiders franchise, the ghost of Wobbly keeping them from ever really seeing success.  In fact they would move the Raiders to Maine to try to get away from the curse of Wobbly.  We'll see if the Timber will ever be able to shake that ghost of the old woodchuck.

172 words

3 TPE -
Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, New Stat (150 words min.)
I work for the FHM dev team and I’m giving you, sweet user, the ability to add any stat you want to our player build system. Footwork? Sure! Stink level? Why not! Stomach capacity? Ok… I guess so! Tell me what stat you want to add, and how you imagine it’ll affect the sim.

If I were to add a stat to the FHM game it would have to be total goalie fights.  It may seem trivial to some people but as a goalie I really wish we had the option to fight in the game!  I always was trying to get Jimmy Slothface to be an enforcer on my last player, and when I was finally given the green light to add some toughness to my build he actually ended up playing better!  So I have to say that fighting is good and I want BASE PACK to be able to experience the thrill of fighting another goalie (or I guess another player if needed).  I would add a bunch of TPE to fighting so that I could have a huge fights won stat.  It is all I want in life.  Then I could help intimidate the players on the other team and maybe they would be afraid to take shots on me!  It would definitely be in my advantage and I would make sure that BASE PACK is the best fighting goalie in the league.

183 words

+2 TPE -
Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Just Like Back Home (100 words min.)
Choose a dish from your IIHF federation and tell me about it! Does your player make it? A member of their family? What’s special about it to you?

BASE PACK is not originally from Japan as he transferred there after New Zealand didn't have a team. So he does not really make any Japanese food himself and he has had to rely on his teammates helping him get up to speed with the cuisine while they are at the international tournaments. He especially likes sushi as he can stuff a ton of the rolls into his card pack. It makes him feel closer to his teammates that they can share their great food with him and he can feel closer to his adopted country. Being a pack of cards can be tough to connect with the other humans but through the food of Japan he has been able to bridge that gap a bit.

126 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: Wally.png]

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

CW pass because all of these prompts came from my tiny brain.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

CW Pass

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2022, 11:54 PM by Gwdjohnson. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
CW TRIVIA

Verification word: Gwid

Code:
Milestones (3 TPE)

Claim 3 TPE from milestones

Code:
Since the ring task was unbelievably easy, I thought I’d try out another insanely easy graphics task. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  
LINK: https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

[Image: Screenshot_20220622-192203-243.png]

Code:
I work for the FHM dev team and I’m giving you, sweet user, the ability to add any stat you want to our player build system. Footwork? Sure! Stink level? Why not! Stomach capacity? Ok… I guess so! Tell me what stat you want to add, and how you imagine it’ll affect the sim.

A new stat could be something like "Disruption" or "Troublemaking" and it would be something that works similarly to how the Agitator role works in FHM. It would function as adding a higher probability of your team drawing penalties when your player is on the ice (within reason of course because that could be absolutely broken if the effect wasn't overall minor on the penalty formula). This stat could also work in conjunction with other stats, like aggression, where if you have your high Disruption player matched up against someone with higher aggression, you would have a higher chance than a player with lower disruption to draw a penalty off that player. Obviously not many people have high aggression at all in the league though so you'd have to bring more relevant stats into the equation. Higher Disruption could also be balanced by having it be more likely you take a penalty the higher it is, but in turn having an even higher probability of drawing one off the other team. (171 words)

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

I think it comes as no surprise that, in the end, the Los Angeles Panthers secured that long awaited cup that has felt many seasons coming. They won the Presidents Trophy in the regular season, and established themselves as a clear favourite going in, especially after back to back sweeps of Texas and San Francisco. One possible surprise in this year's playoffs, though, could be said to have come in the form of Los Angeles sweeping their division rivals in San Fran, as the two teams were neck to neck in the regular season and looked almost evenly matched heading into the postseason. One near big shock that almost happened was Winnipeg only just about losing to Chicago after taking them to 7 games. (124 words)

Code:

Code:
- Obviously the finals are over already, but going in I would have definitely had LAP, as they were an absolute bulldozer for their playoff run, whereas with Tampa it felt like they had to battle a lot more to get there. Los Angeles beat some absolute powerhouses in rather convincing fashion, which made them look way scarier going in. (59 words)
Code:
- If you are Los Angeles you simply have to get the very hot duo of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald to continue what has been some incredible shutdown work on defense. If they continue to do their job and take Tampa's top forwards out of the game, they can exploit the lack of depth scoring from Tampa overall in these playoffs and take the series. (63 words)
Code:
- If you're Tampa, you need the depth players to step up bigtime and force them off their game. You need to get chippy and in their face on every shift, and destabilize them so they can't play a perfect game. If you don't make them give you chances here and there across all your lines half the battle is already lost. (61 words)
Code:
- It's definitely a sign of good heart from the Tampa Bay players and a willingness to leave everything on the ice to win, but undoubtedly is worrying in terms of their on ice play. Especially against a juggernaut against Los Angeles, you have to be responsible beyond just being able to sometimes block shots when you give up chances. (59 words)

TOTAL TPE: 16 (CW done)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

CW pass

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

1. moose (3 tpe)
6. If I was going to add any stat to FHM it would be antlerlyness. The more antlerlyness a player has the more intimidating they are, but also the more ineffective they are at things that require skill and precision, like shooting. They would also be giving away the puck way more than they might otherwise, and instead of being as effective on the ice, they would be like goons, on steroids. The highest antler stats make the other players also miss more, but those with higher antler stats are also able to recover a little bit faster and get less intimidated by those who might also have antler stats. In fact, there's the alpha antler, that would be secretly programmed into the sim, and they kind of get revered god like status amongst others who choose to invest in the antler stat. They gain the best boosts and have the least effect from antlers compared to the others. (3 TPE)
16. Kladdkaka is one of Melvin's favorite dishes from Sweden. His relatives made it for him when he first arrived (much to the horror of Adelie who witnessed Melvin once go overboard with cake). However, instead of horror, he was able to enjoy the delightful chocolate cake without much stress or worry, as it tastes far different than many of his American cake expectations. The Kladdkaka, affectionately known as the mud cake, is a much softer and creamier texture. Melvin found himself reminiscing of the great outdoors, and it only made him long for more twigs and nature as opposed to murder and bloodlust. (2 TPE)
21. I know Free Agency hasn't technically started yet, but seeing as I'm heading into Free Agency this offseason, it felt like the right boss to pick was the great grey beast of Free Agency. When one fights the Great Grey Free Agency beast, it is really like fighting 20 different bosses all at once, or one boss with 20 different forms. As you start to whittle down and defeat one arm, realizing it isn't a good fit, suddenly 3 more rear their ugly heads. It's quite different than other monsters that you might fight, however, as you don't defeat it with anger and hostility. Instead, you must disappoint it into submission as you tell team after team "No, sorry I won't be playing for you." Then, when you're finally down to the very last team that you are telling no, the Great Grey Free Agency beast laughs in your face. They have no cap space, they can't make it work anymore, they found another better, cheaper, cooler solution. And so, you are left in a pit of despair alone, because there is no one left to want you. (3 TPE)
22. Honestly the worst possible video that could ever be posted of Melvin would include him antlerless. Yes, everyone knows that it happens to moose, yes everyone knows that Melvin is a moose, and yes, Melvin knows that it is incredibly silly for him to be self-conscious about it, but he hates that he has to lose his antlers every year. In fact, he spends more money on fake antlers to wear during the growing and shedding seasons, than he does anything else. Without fake antlers, Melvin feels absolutely and wholly inadequate now.

In his antlerless video, Melvin can be seen just wandering around his property, it's almost as bad as if a human were caught nude and just chilling all nonchalantly or even worse, dancing to Miley Cyrus. Melvin would go through a crisis of conscious if he were to be caught in a video like that, and he would be uncertain on whether or not he could even continue living this way. On the one hand, he might become brave enough to never wear fake antlers again, or he might have to quit all professional sports leagues. (3 TPE)

23. I love this prompt and I just have to say I'm doing okay. The school year just ended, I've finally recovered from being sick, and I'm just excited about the next few months. I'm planning on spending that time relaxing, making some plans for the coming school year, and also trying to get through 5 grad classes without worry of really anything else. I think it's a lot to take on, but I also think that it will be totally worth it when I finally just buckle down and start working. I'm going camping this weekend, so I think I'm going to chill and vibe in the camper and then come back and get cracking. I hope you're doing absolutely super fantastic yourself. (2 TPE)

[Image: 66168_s.gif]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 03:05 PM by boom. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. CW trivia word: rapscallion
+1 TPE + correct answers

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE, New Stat (150 words min.)

The newest attribute being added to the player build system would be hand-eye coordination. It would be primarily responsible for how players would perform in front of the net with regards to tipping shots, pulling off dekes, and receiving passes in midair. Defensively, the main aspect of hand-eye coordination would work for breaking up passes and winning faceoffs. Having high hand-eye and physical stats combined improve the ability to hang on to the puck when handling it at high speed. This works well for the archetypes like Speedy Forward and Dangler, as being able to make moves with the puck while in motion allows those players to get into quality positions to shoot or pass on the rush. Sophie Bordeleau is a player who could benefit from this statistic being added, as she likes to use her footwork and vision to set up great plays. As well, the stat could be useful for someone like a Rand Al'Thor or Louise St. Martin, defenders who like to take the puck and make moves with it.

7. Milestones +3

Quote:18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

After almost winning the Cup two seasons ago, LAP finally breaking through doesn't seem too surprising as they were loading up for a deep playoff run. What surprised me was Tampa finally making the deep run. They've been pretty talented for a while ever since Trella oversaw the Process-esque rebuild, but even with their strong regular season results they were never really able to make it count in the playoffs until now, finally winning their division. They unfortunately just ran into a juggernaut as Los Angeles didn't lose a single game until the West Final and were simply beaten by a better team. There's no shame in their run, and now that they know they can go deep in the playoffs they can play more loosely with that off their back.

Quote:22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Gone Viral (150 words min.)

Your player unexpectedly has a video go viral on social media. Why? Does it make your player look good? Does it make them look bad? What happened and why was someone filming you to begin with? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player being filmed in their viral moment.

If Sophie Bordeleau were to go viral on social media, it would probably be for something activism-related. Even though she would spend her fall in the liberal city of San Francisco to attend their training camp, for this event she's in Quebec City for their Pride parade. Being one of the more prominent out athletes in the SMJHL, she knows she's someone that young people will look to as a role model for their own lives, and for this event she'd prepared some remarks. On the sunny afternoon, Sophie talked about her experience discovering herself and coming out, as well as meeting Jamie and living as an openly queer athlete. Where things really went viral was when Sophie talked about justice for trans people, reproductive rights, and consent education. The speech was recorded by attendees and posted on the Internet, and Sophie got attention as someone who wouldn't just talk the talk when it came to representing marginalized people, but would actively uplift their voices. There were some voices who thought that she was simply being "woke" for attention, but overall the response was positive.

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, How Are You? (100 words min.)

Instead of asking you about other people this season, I figured I’d ask about you! How are you feeling? Take a couple of minutes to write about what’s going on in your life and how you’re feeling lately. I think taking the time to write things down helps me appreciate or understand them better, so maybe this could help you! Or you can just rant about your cat annoying you for 100 words and collect 2 TPE. I guess that works too.

I've been doing okay, considering. I graduated from university 10 days ago and I've been accepted into another program which will help me get to my dream career. The follow-up to the RL situation that forced me to step down as EDM GM is just starting but it's better than nothing happening, and I have good supports around me. I'm not sure when I want to try and take the leap back into GMing, but overall I'm feeling like life is positive right now and things are looking up. I'm also approaching my one-year mark for being on hormone replacement therapy, so that's a really exciting milestone and I finally feel like I'm getting to live as the person I was always meant to be.

TPE: 14 + trivia/16

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2022, 10:25 PM by mer. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

froggie

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Four Star (150 words min.)
Tell me what each of the four stars on the Four Star Cup stands for! Some will say it’s for each of the four divisions in the SMJHL, but you and I know better! What four things are embodied in the SMJHL’s greatest trophy?

The Four Stars stand for the true founders of the Simulation Hockey League - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Originally the stars were each colored differently: blue for Leonardo, purple for Donatello, red for Raphael and orange for Michaelangelo. The issue was that the color kept rubbing off, and it was too much hassle to paint it on each year, so they let the colors fade and they stars became gold. Some of the original traditions of winning the Four Star are lost to the ages - honoring a rat with a slice of pizza, partying on a roof in your city, and calling up the first April in the phonebook to regale her with tales of the win and invite her to the next regular season game for good luck, but the spirit is the same. The winning team parties with tons of food and drinks - that's universal - and the TMNT are probably smiling proudly down upon us from turtle heaven.

Code:

Let's do it. We're adding a stat called Wiggle. You see it in the pre-game when your starters are lined up on the blue line: they wiggle from side to side to prep for the game. The more wiggly the player, the better they'll play in the game. It's a crucial stat. A player with low Wiggle will start the game slowly and take a long time to warm up. The higher the Wiggle, the warmer the player at the start of the game and the better they'll perform. It's kind of like heat level of goalies for skaters, but also it's integral to the sport and the player. You can also involve it in your player's lore: why is your player a little less wiggly? Do they have pre-game jitters? Why is your player the wiggliest on the team? Do they get incredibly hype for all the games always? Anyway, their best quality? Their wiggles.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+1 TPE

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

ISFL affiliate, username Myrrh

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, A Few Of Your Favourite Things (150 words min.)
Last season I asked why you chose your IIHF country, and this is somewhat similar but I’m specifically asking for non-hockey reasons now. What are some of your favourite things about the country your player is from? Are there special sights? Cities? Maybe it’s food? All of the above? Do a little research on the country and tell me what you like!

So my college was started by Norwegian immigrants and I made the horrible decision of waiting until my senior year to take a Norwegian language course and I LOVED it and I couldn't take advantage of the study abroads and all that, so I am biding my time until I can finally go and live my final project dreams of going to Bergen and Røros. But I miss the lefse at the Christmas festivals, and I don't really miss the lutefisk but it sure was interesting! Fish jello, I hope I get to meet you again someday. So I made a lil Norway boy as soon as I saw that was an option, and he likes fish and Bergen and probably has used the Fløibanen to go up to Fløyen at least 10 times even though it's for tourists, because he is a grand Norwegian lad and he is dear to me.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

CW Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]