Create Account

S68 PT #3: Celebrate Good Times Due: December 11th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Regarding goal and game winning celebrations in hockey and sports in general, I think it’s cool when guys take the time to celebrate goals and wins. It doesn’t have to be a dig at the other team always, but like - look at what we’re seeing in the football World Cup right now - teams have goal dances and stuff and it’s fun to see what they’ve come up with and how they pull them off. Of course, there is less scoring in soccer, so the dances are fewer and far between, but it wouldn’t hurt to see more fun or goofy stuff like that goalie Hudacek a while back and some others that, as said, have then went on to make the rounds in the media as well. As long as it’s all in good fun and doesn’t deliberately insult the opposing team, it’s all good by me.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

CREATIVE PROMPT - The in-arena event staff is looking to make your team's wins a little more hype. They want you to sit down with the team and come up with a cool tradition you can do as a group after a home win. Once the other team has left the ice, go nuts.

Written Task: What wacky, fun, exciting new post-game celebration do you come up with? Are there fireworks? Mascots? Props? What's everyone's role? Do you change it up a little bit every night, or do you want it to be consistent so that the fans know what they have to look forward to? (150+ words)

Calgary Dragons’ victory celebration starts on the ice. The usual cheering and fist bumps and hugging goes around, but as soon as the team gets into the locker room there are parm sandwiches waiting for everybody. Along with the favorite beverage of each player. Tom Pedersen prefers Oslo Mule. A better version of the drink than normal. I do not bother to mention the name of the other version of the drink. After some munching and drinking there is time for exactly the same once more but with the fans. And then everybody sings along to Where Dragons dwell på Gojira and a song of the man of the match’s choice. Tom Pedersen would choose dragons of the north by Einherjer. Not that he wins any man of the match awards so we haven’t heard that one yet. Grogu likes to sing Baby Yoda Song by ChewieCatt. MacKenzie on the other hand prefers Duncan by Paul Simon.

Words: 157

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT (Sadly, no graphic from me this week!)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

If you ask me, currently in the National Hockey League, the American Hockey League, the Simulation Hockey League, the Ontario Hockey LEague, the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, Junior A, Midgets, Junior B, Liiga, KHL, DHL, all of those league don't have enough celebrating. What do we get? A rocket shot from the point that slams past the goalie, after the team has been battling hard during their shift and we get a few fist pumps a little huddle and then some high fives on the bench. I mean, come on, give me the good stuff, give me the excess, give me the show boating, just overwhelm me with a a well deserved celebration. Look at Soccer, or Football, or Futbol. You get these guys coming in who are playing their hearts out, it's a team effort, and you only actually score total between the two teams maybe 6-10 times a game. Look at how absolutely ecstatic everyone gets. I'd rather see players start to get fined for excess celebration than a straight face acceptance and move on.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Hockey Prompt:
Celebration when you win or have a great play are a part of every sport and that's especially so for hockey. You can't have wheel snipe celly without the celly part, you're not even playing the game at that point. Sports like American football have tried to minimize celebration with anti-taunting rules and rules to end touchdown celebrations but like everyone else, I think they're dumb. These are grown adults, why can't you taunt them? That's part of the game. These people have dedicated their lives to winning this game, the training and work they've put in to be the best on the planet so allow them to celebrate. There aren't too many notable celebrations in hockey right now, Panarin is the only one coming to mind who does something unique. One of the greatest hockey celebrations of all time definitely has to be Bobby Orr flying through the sky, not all his doing but there is still a statue outside the TD Garden.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

PT pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

I really do not understand why it is such a big deal that players in hockey celebrate their goals scored. Goals win games and fans come to the arena to see their team win games. People also forget the amount of pressure these players are on and scoring a big goal releases some of that pressure and it's only normal to show a bit of emotion. Score a big goal, celebrate with a great celly and get the fans hyped up to chase that next goal. All the haters of a great celly in hockey still live in the stone age when showing emotion was looked down on. Celebrations are a part of sports and achievements in sport. Just look at the olympic games for instance. People working their whole career for that one single moment of giving everything and then achieving the ultimate goal of winning a gold medal. That should be celebrated and also each small win on the way there as well.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

PBE CW

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Hockey needs to focus on bringing in the future generations and must ensure it appeals to young families. For this, I am envisioning an after game Icecapades / Disney on Ice! We can rotate through a few different players each night and have a separate team of dedicated ice dancers to really set the show off. It would be fantastically hilarious to see professional Ice players out there having fun on the Ice after the game enacting different stories for families and their kids. Like the Boston Goalies that do the big Panda bear hug after wins, but now imagine that they enact out a short five minute Kung Fu Panda on the ice with a bunch of other people skating around them doing flips and tricks. I'm on to something here I swear, now we just need to get the macho hockey players over their fear of embarrassment and get them to agree. Let's get this going!

[Image: fX8c49X.png]

We call it running with the wolves. After the famous bull run in Spain, Boston has decided that they will release wolves to run through the streets behind people. It's a combination of celebration of our wonderful ice hockey team, game of thrones, and a general awareness of endangered species. Which can only be celebrated by putting such animals in direct line of danger. As a team we tried to protest but the corrupt officials in Boston said it was a good idea. As a team we just stand around and watch as the wolves are herded onto the ice and then let go. Some of our teammates have protested by leaving the games early before the celebration can be released. They also combined this with strobing lights so these poor animals just go crazy. Please spread animal abuse awareness and picket our games for the near future. Only you can prevent this atrocity.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

PT pass because I never stop celebrating.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

Hockey Prompt:

Celebrations should have a place in any sport. It's a game played for entertainment and to tell the athletes to be "respectful" makes no sense. It's a competition and scoring a goal so be celebrated. There are way more moments out there where you should be respectful of the opponent, but to not celebrate scoring a goal is pretty ridiculous.

Now, obviously, if you're up big there's no need to rub anything in, but also, we're all professionals and if you don't like the celebrating, then stop them from scoring. Careers are short, you can't take anything for granted, so to "act like you've been there before" is nonsense. You're being paid millions to play a game and to entertain the fans. There are still limits, like over the top celebrations just come off really weird, but there's nothing like pure excitement in the moment when scoring a big goal. Let the players show their excitement and not worry about hurting people's feelings because they got scored on. Enjoy the moment, you never know how many you'll get.

(178 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Overall I like how celebrations happen today in hockey. Group up and hug your teammates on the ice and then skate by the bench for high fives. Typically when an overtime goal is scored there is a pileup in the corner. Win the Stanley Cup. and you toss everything in the air and pileup where ever feels natural.

Score 4 goals in the first period, fist pump (a la Tage Thompson)

Where I start to take exception with when players will celebrate like they scored an OT goal when their team is winning 8-1. Woohoo I scored the 8th goal, let me throw my glove in the air and shoot it like a duck!!! Celebrate your accomplishments like you have done it a hundred times before. It is damn hard to score a goal in the NHL but the true players with class will celebrate like they expected it to happen.

(151 Words)

CREATIVE PROMPT

St-Louis management team, has decided to do a gift to some fans after a home victory, because what can be better than to celebrate with your seventh player. After the first period, 15 fans will be selected randomly via a draw. In case of a win, they're invited to celebrate the victory with the Crows on the ice in front of everyone. The staff team will quickly bring a water tank with a target, and someone with the jersey of the losing team. Each one of the 15 fans will have one shot to hit the bulleye and make the guy fall in the water, and if they succeed, they win a scarecrows jersey with an autograph of all the players. They will also get two tickets for the next home game. Finally, the 15 fans will all get on the red center line, and throw a puck at the same time, the 3 fans with the puck closer to the goal line, will be invited to go to a restaurant with 3 random players that will change every win. Thats a way to celebrate with your fans.