Create Account

S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro

So you don't like Ice hockey do you, to be honest I don't really know anything about ice hockey. But still simulation leagues, and especially the community is great fun, and seeing number go up is also pretty nice Smile

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

What keeps me coming back to SHL is my fellow cult members - I mean, teammates.... The power of the Holy Trinity powers Yukon: the spirit of EBEBEB protects, the power of monke enlightens, and the power of the Almighty Cod keeps us pure.

Well, it's a pretty okay forum where to spend free time and relax. Can make a fake hockey player and think it's you. So it's pretty cool, I think. I would say that it can be very interesting or very boring. There is no in between.

Stars Stars Stars

I enjoy this league so much because it's a great way to meet new people, while being able to live out the dream of being a professional hockey player. The team aspect is second to none!

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

I joined this league because it seemed like fun making a player and watching his career grow. I stayed for the incredible community and all the amazing friends I've made.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Inherently, I think it's mostly sunk cost fallacy at this point. That and I guess getting that shiny 2K badge if I ever manage to get there.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

It is fun, because you can pretend that you are a professional athlete and you can do that with people who also think it's fun. So if you get into it, the people in the community are probably people you can relate to in some ways.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Hockey is a fun game to watch alone, but it is even more fun to watch with a group of people. The feeling after your favourite team scores a big goal or wins the game is unmatchable.

Spouse knows I like D&D and I like hockey. Hard to find time/people for D&D and hard to watch as much hockey as I used to. Plus I've often found that hockey people don't want to talk RPGs and RPG people don't want to talk hockey. Here, most of us do both.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

I mean, I think you're overestimating how much I enjoy this league. But conceptually, it's just DnD with sports. You can craft your own story and it helps a lot with being consistent with writing and has honestly helped me a lot with just getting something on the paper instead of just sitting around and thinking too hard about what to write.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Code:
Your task: You have minimum-25 words to tell a friend (or, perhaps, a spouse) who isn't a hockey fan why you enjoy this league so much, what it is that keeps you coming back. Go!

Yo wifey, the reason I spend so much time on this here fake sim hockey league is because I have to see out this one last player before I can stop doing so

[33 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

I like the pace of progression, you're not taking literally 25 years to develop through a player's career but it's not over the course of a week, either. Also I like the opportunities for online data scraping, tools, and automation

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Data and history. Those are the two reasons why I love this league. It's so fun to go back throughout the grand history of the Simulation Hockey League. It's a bit nerdish but nerds are cool now. It's also got a little bit of DnD which I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate.

Quote:54 Words

Earning TPE is like a drug. Once a week I sit down at my computer and I update all 3 of my leagues at once. And I walk away higher than a kite. Seeing that total TPE go up just 7 points. uuuuuuuuuuuhhhh

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

I enjoy meeting new people through sim leagues and the sims and tasks can take up some time at work when I am bored or not really doing anything else. I also use it to make graphics as a creative outlet.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]