Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub

I think that for me, the biggest snub for the All Star game was my own player. Kaarlo Kekkonen is not having as good a season as he did last time around, struggling to recapture the amazing form we saw from him one year ago that saw him get the chance to play in the All Star game. This season he has totalled 52 points in the 50 games that he's played so far, which while still a decent points tally is not anywhere close to the 75 point season he put up 12 months ago, and definitely has him a long way behind the best players in the league in terms of production. This season was one where Kaarlo had hoped to be able to break out and put out MVP type numbers, but that does not look to be the case; instead he will have to work hard and ensure that he plays well enough next season to see himself back in the All Star game once more.

Code:
170 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 08:55 AM by Gifter of Bikes.)

It doesn't matter what the season is, or how long it's been since he's pulled on a pair of ice skates, any time Christoph Klose is left out of an All-Star Game is a travesty. The German-born winger won multiple individual awards over his career and is a Hall of Fame player. How dare anyone ever leave him out of any All-Star Game? Hell, Klose wasn't all star in two different leagues, having retired from the SHL to become the full-time general manager of the Seattle Riot, only to turn up in New York City and help the VHL's Americans franchise win a championship. He then repeated the performance twice in Helsinki, and led the Cologne Express to back to back Finals appearances. Four championships across two leagues, a winner and frequent finalist for best two-way forward, a true Hall of Fame caliber player.

So when it comes time to examine All-Star Game snubs, no one should ever forget the name Christoph Klose.

Snubs... There are snubs for days in this All-Star Selection. I am also pulling stats as of 5/12 so these are going to be higher than when the All-Star game was played. 

Biggest Snub - 
Nicholas Owens- 363.9 Fantasy Points. 5th Overall. 7.427 Fantasy Points per game. Enough said fantasy speaks volumes. 

Underrated Snub- 
Boris Poroshenko with his 300+ hits on the season. No one is even close to him. Next closest person is over 125 hits behind him. 

There are 3 other guys on defense that stand out as possible snubs. Samuel Michaud, Keith Lee, and Valentin Kalashnikov. All three of these players have over 30 points on the season. But they also are 3 out of 6 players that have the following criteria for Defensemen. (The other 3 are Lyle Odelein III, FR Finn-Rhys, and as mentioned above Nicholas Owens) 
1. 28 points or more
2. 125 Shots on goal or more
3. 125 Shots blocked or more
4. 100 Hits or more

Forward Snub-
Phineas Gold. While yes Monkey D. Luffy and Ryan Shepard have more points. That fact that they play on Buffalo and Chicago respectively makes it a little easier. Not to ignore the great season they are having but Gold is 4th in the league for scoring and putting up 51 points so far. Being able to do that for the Minnesota Monarchs is impressive

-231 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

PBE Affiliation: http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=312796

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]

I'm going to go with a homer pick here and say Valentin Kalashnikov was a big time snub. It is no surprise that a defensive defenseman was snubbed for the all star team. The new number one defender for the Platoon is sitting at tenth overall in the league in shot blocks with 147. To add on to that Kalashnikov is beating the 9 defenders that are ahead of him when it comes to points. Val currently boasts 32 points on the season, placing him 5th in scoring on the Platoon. Kalashnikov has taken a huge step forward this season with Emerson moving to the wing. He is only a -1 this season with the struggling Platoon which speaks to how well he is shutting down the opposition and driving play the other way. As always there is no disrespect meant but when it comes to defenders points should not be the bottom line for making the all star game. Also maybe 5 of 6 shouldn't be from the same division. Spread that ish out.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Mika Mayfield was by far the biggest snub. It is so obvious. Just look at her stats! 15 goals, 17 assists. Totaling 32 points in 53 games. No that might not be the best in the league. Or even the best on Minnesota. But she is consistent. Every season with similar stats. That means she will not choke. She will preform. And if your center gets kicked out of the circle, she has many seasons of experience at the dot. She will blow you away with her FO skills as a winger. I think we put too much enfaces on two thirds of a season of work and not overall how this player is and will be after the season is over. Mika buys new equipment every season. She even does specialized coaching sessions to make sure she is strong and keeping up. We should have an old mans team. The jagars of the league who are getting pretty old so aren’t top of their class but deserve to be noticed for their pure dedication and skill. The players that have been playing professionally since the young guns were in diapers. Just saying

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

PBE PT: http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=312832

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Monkey D. Luffy I'm going to have to go with my hometown Edmonton Blizzard. We're not lights out this season, but it's a bummer to see only 1 of our players make the cut while we sit 3rd in the conference and 7th in the entire league. If you had to take only 1 I agree it's Julio Tokolosh who leads the team in goals. Outside of him Pepperoni and FortyOne both make a decent argument, especially Pepperoni on sheer name power, but the numbers aren't eye popping and I see the argument for other players in the west to get the call over these two. On a separate note I do see the argument for Luffy. He doesn't have some of the same totals as the rest of the east, let alone his own team, but his 29 goals are 3rd in the entire league. I know a point is a point is a point, but goals weigh much more to me than assists (to me at least) and he's a household name. I'm aware my totals are way out, just working with what I have at the time of writing this haha.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

"Yo, Imma let you finish, but Akashi SixNine was the most snubbed person of the Oscars this year--" a nearly incoherent Kanye West drunkenly says at the S59 All Star Awards, as he stumbles into the realm professional hockey. Before Mr. West was tackled by security, much of the audience had time to consider the idea that Akashi SixNine was indeed snubbed from - well, not the Oscars - the All Star team.

In the world of five-on-five hockey, SixNine was second in the league in plus/minus. His number? +52. He was only out-plus'd by his d-partner, Disisde Dayudie, who had +53. To further the argument of SixNine's snubbery, the right-handed defenseman performed better in several advanced statistics: GF/60 of 4.7, CF% of 9.1, and FF% of 9.7 - over his All Star-selected partner, Dayudie; all of that while playing a full 2-minutes fewer per game than Dayudie.

After the audience considered the evidence, they unanimously stood up and walked out of the arena, rather than be part of the chicanery of the the All Star weekend. I'm just kidding, I was really just filling out words.

Go Akashi SixNine!

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

I personally wrote about Monkey D Luffy earlier in the season, and I stated that Monkey has been a huge part of Buffalo's success the past few seasons, and this season is certainly included in that statement. In the Eastern Conference, we see that Buffalo are just a few points behind Hamilton and Chicago and have played fewer games. They currently have a better win % than Chicago. Not that team performance should have too much to do with All-Stars, but it certainly is a factor. It becomes even more shocking when you see that Monkey D Luffy has 29 goals at the time of writing this, which is the third highest in the league. After 49 games played, Luffy also has 25 assists, putting him at 54 points with a +/- of 18. While stats do not tell the whole story, I think the committee may have overlooked Monkey D Luffy for a number of reasons. They did not want to have too many Buffalo players, and Monkey has set the bar so high the past few seasons that he is the victim of Voter Bias.

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

In my opinion the biggest snub for the All Star Game this season was Knox Booth. I fully intended to see his name atop the goalie selection for the Western All Stars, and was very surprised to not see him at all when I opened the thread. The first couple weeks of the season saw a dogfight between Knox and [Name Redacted] for the lead in save percentage and GR, with Knox leading for a pretty healthy portion of that. His performance was nothing short of stellar, and, unlike [Name Redacted], is managing to pick up wins as well. No disrespect to the Western All Star goalies of Markus Tegernako and Cillian Kavanagh, they are excellent in their own right, but I definitely think that Knox should have been not only named to the squad, but also should have been the starter. He’s definitely earned that through his play in the early season.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

PBEPT

Username:Billybolo53

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]