Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

PBE Affiliate 

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

Adam Liebold would definitly accept. Learning more about the game is one of the best way to grow the game and make it better for all. These new stats can be used to focus on player safety to prevent concussions and other injuries to players all over. Maybe it will help create new materials and gear that lighter and stronger to keep everyone safe. Maybe its new technologies for training to make yourself and others better. There are countless ways to make a difference and more data surrounding the game of hockey cannot hurt thats for sure. There could be other items taken from this like recordings of shooting speed and player speed. These would increase engagment and excitment around the game by broadcasting these stats to the public. Similar to the shot speed calculator these could be used as other things to anylze the best players too, or help under performing players shine.

Foil Up Boys

Option 2:

I will accept their offer and wear it for them to improve their product. That is if this fan site is writing good articles about me, if not than I will not accept their offer. They do not even have to offer me any money, but just a few cases of beer every week will do it. It saves me the trouble of having to go out to the store and do it myself. I am not a fan of fans seeing me buy this much beer. So with this monitoring equipment I hope they can improve on their great articles about me and praise me even more. It will give me a huge confidence boost (not that I need it) to perform better. So it is a win win situation really. Also by me endorsing this fan site they get more traffic and I hopefully I get more fans. Might need to get another PA to assist with that...

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Prompt 2:

Paul Bondage would absolutely wear the monitoring equipment, even if it was a little uncomfortable. But with no affect on his play? Absolutely, why not? I'm a sucker for good hockey stats and analytics, so being able to contribute to that would be awesome. Paul Bondage is also a huge supporter of smaller companies, so being able to help this one get started on their venture is equally rewarding. It would be neat to see just how fast he skates on average, how many miles he skates each game, heart rate, strength output, you name it. Paul Bondage would probably even go as far to try and get his team mates, and even players from other teams to opt in. He already spends countless hours comparing various team stats, the more he can get the better. The pay on top of all this is just the cherry on top. He would gladly do it for no charge, but he certainly won't turn down a little extra cash in his pockets.

WC: 172

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Option 2

I think it would be an amazing opportunity to help grow this game through the science of the sport, so i would be honored to wear the tracking equipment.  I am a bit of a hockey nerd, so I can guarentee that after every game Dan would be sitting down to go over the data and see ways that he can improve his own game on top of improving the game in general. It would be cool to see the readings that a slapshot put out, or a bone jarring hit, or laying it all on the line diving in front of a puck to block a shot. It would really only improve the game in so many ways, that are currently impossible to even comprehend. It would allow Dan to minimize the energy exerted to complete different tasks on the ice while still accomplishing the same results. How could you really go wrong with this?

*156 Words*

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Option 1:

Written Task: A local hockey analytics blog has singled out your player as being the most underrated on your team. Your task is to write that blog post! Have fun with it!

Yo welcome back to the Deeper Dive Blog where we've been analyzing the Most Underrated Players on each team, based on advanced stats! Today's edition focuses on the Winnipeg Aurora, a team with no shortage of top-tier talent. The Aurora have been on top of the league for a number of seasons now, winning the Cup just 2 seasons ago and right in the conversation this season. However, the most underrated player on this squad is a newer player, who joined the team in a trade last season. Grogu Mandosson found himself shuffled down the lineup into a 2nd line role last season, and a third line role this season. But he is just as capable as any of the other big names on the roster. Based on S73 stats, Grogu had the best PDO on the team, the best GF/60 of all the forwards, and the fewest GA/60 on the team. With a staggering +63 on the season, it shows how he was dominant at both ends of the ice, despite not getting top powerplay minutes. This season, his PDO is the worst on the team, so it shows there's been some bad luck defensively, but not for lack of trying, he has the lowest SA/60 out of all forwards on the team. Not even looking at advanced stats, he has the 2nd most goals and is 4th in points despite playing 3rd line with minimal powerplay time. This is a player that is a luxury for the Aurora to have, they already have a top 6 that any GM would salivate over, and having Grogu as the '7th forward' so to speak means there's never an easy line to play against.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

Option 1, Written Task

Rodrigo Banes is the most underrated player on the Kelowna Knights for a number of reasons. Firstly, he is suffering from a run of awful luck. Sitting with a PDO of 95.8 after 15 games, and with a Shooting Percentage of 3.4%, he is clearly snakebitten, and playing much better than his counting stats would indicate. His rookie season he finished with 21 Goals on 119 Shots, for a Shooting Percentage of 17.6%. the truth is obviously somewhere in between, and we should see his offensive stats regress to the mean over the balance of the season. He holds a positive control of shots per 60 minutes at 5v5, with an uninspiring Corsi of 51.5%. However, likely due in large part to his depressed shot percentage, he holds a negative share of goals per 60 minutes at 5v5. Here, he carries a 2.8 GF/60 and a 3.9 GA/60. If his SH% regresses closer to the 5-7% range, his underlying numbers should improve, especially playing with some highly capable linemates on Kelowna's second line.

[Image: banes.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 01:24 PM by tomtommen. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: typo )

Option 1:

Written Task: A local hockey analytics blog has singled out your player as being the most underrated on your team. Your task is to write that blog post! Have fun with it!

In a galaxy of stars, amidst the glittering constellations of hockey prowess, one player often escapes the spotlight but shines brightest on the ice. Tom Pedersen of the Calgary Dragons.
Sure, stats might overlook his shooting range, but his offensive finesse and precision are akin to a sniper's aim. With a passing prowess that threads needles and a shooting accuracy that hits bullseyes, Tom's offensive ratings paint a portrait of a true playmaker.

However, it's his defensive prowess that deserves a standing ovation. While his shot-blocking might not mirror a brick wall, his positioning and defensive read are wizardry, creating a force field around the net.

Physically, he's a powerhouse. A blend of speed, strength, and stamina. His mental game, though rated lower in aggression, exudes calm and calculated brilliance, keeping cool under pressure. 

In conclusion, analytics might overlook his greatness, but for the discerning eye, Tom Pedersen embodies the heart, soul, and underrated brilliance that ignites the Dragons' fire on the ice. Don't sleep on this unsung hero, He's the silent force propelling the Dragons to victory.

Words: 177

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Option 2

That's an interesting questions because it opens up a bunch of questions both from a practical and a philosophical or moral standpoint. From a pratical point of view, I think it would make a ton of sense. Yes, some people may lament the focus of modern hockey on stats and analytics, but quantifieable data simply is incredibly useful. It would give so much insights in what areas of my game I need to improve while also providing an opportunity for some fun trivia and interesting tidbits of information for the fans to enjoy and to further peoples understanding of the game itself. From a moral perspective however, things are a bit more tricky as this is a measure that can be quite invasive in regards to personal rights and privacy. I might have conciously agreed to the terms that were offered to me, that doesn't necessarily mean that the are right and morally justifiable, especially as it could put pressure on other people to agree to the same things in the future.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Option 2

Leonard Wood will definitely accept payment to wear the monitoring equipment to track stats. That is however based on the assumption that they also do not track the thoughts in my head. I don't want any team secrets sold to QCC. But provided that that is not the case, they can track my greatness all they want. I will however forget to remove the equipment after I'm done playing the game resulting in their stats to be skewed. I will also not be liable for any damages to their precious equipment which are likely to occur due to my physical style of play. My agent confirmed with his lawyers that I will not pay for damages. And those same lawyers intend to sue if any of my personal information is stolen or sold to another entity. I will use the equipment for a specified amount of games (again determined by my legal team) but then no more because I heard it is quite restrictive. For an additional fee, I will endorse the tracking equipment in various forms of marketing including but not limited to commercials, billboards, magazine advertisements, social media posts, etc.

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]

Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equipment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

I would actually have to give this some serious thought. My first reaction would be agree because why not? It is helping promote the team might even give me some interesting tidbits of information that maybe I even realize about. However there is also the other side of the coin, now I am putting information that maybe it is better was not publicly know and putting it out for general consumption. What if they find some small stat that could be exploited and leveraged against me? I think in my mind there is a potential to be more damaging than beneficial. That being said I don't want to shut down a fan request so I would probably offer to do it on the condition they sign a NDA until I could analyze all the data myself and veto whatever it is I might determine to be harmful that way it is Win-Win. Should they find something harmful I could always stash it away and use it better round out my game so Win-Win for me I guess.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 1

Who's the most underrated player in the Rage system? The answer might surprise you (or not, if you think it's Jaromir Jagrbomb)

As a (locally) leading hockey analytics blog, we're often asked to single out the most underrated player or prospect in the Manhattan Rage organization. To be able to answer, we had to create a completely new stat called Underratedness™ index.

Being underrated typically means a big gap between player's skills/performance and reputation. This gives us a line, where every player will fall. Some are at the underrated end, some at the overrated end, and some fall in the middle and are properly rated.

The formula we created utilizes advanced social media data scraping tools, that gather social media posts from all the biggest platforms, and then determine the tone of every post that mentions the player. A positive message will net +1 - +5 points, a neutral message gives 0 points, and negative posts are worth -1 to -5 points. In the end we take the average of all messages to get a reputation score. The performance score then again is purely determined by combining all the advanced stats (GameScore, GAR etc.) made by other hockey geeks.

So once we compare the performance score and reputation score, we get Underratedness™ index. Today we will reveal the most underrated player, who is....

Jaromir Jagrbomb! Who's in the other end? Find out in our next blog post.

[Image: sulov.gif]

As long as the monitoring equipment that they would put on me does not interfere with my playing or bother me in any sort of way I would not be opposed to it. I am not all to unfamiliar with having monitoring equipment hooked up to me in real life. When I was a junior in high school, I had to have an EKG hooked up to my chest to measure my heartrate, and while it was obnoxious feeling something attached to me while I played, it was not that bad, and it was for my own health. So to wear something that would allow people to measure readings off my body as I played to help design equipment and treatments for other players that had my issues, I would be all for it. Also I saw a commercial for a deaf football player who had a HUD built into his helmet that displayed plays for him because he could not here his coach and it was the coolest thing ever.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Option 1:

It is now S110. A withered and decrepit Petr Svoboda takes the ice for Czechia for the 600th time. His only means of propulsion being the occasionally shove he gets from his teammates, but Petr still provides invaluable services at times. In his lucid moments, Petr is an incredible mentor, using his decades of hockey experience to teach the next generation, and, with his nationalist tendencies, he inspires the ranks of Czechs behind him who search for gold. On the ice, he is a hard worker. Well, it's all relative of course, he hardly moves out there, and he hardly has any stats to speak of, but he sure looks exhausted. Occasionally he sets up in the offensive zone just right to have the puck deflect off him and into the net, so it's incredible that he's still scoring goals. Defensive play? Well, I think the last time he was spotted in the D-zone was last decade, but at least he... tries to skate back into his own zone. Usually when this happens, he gets stuck in the neutral zone as play evolves around him though, so good luck getting him involved then. You're much better off bringing him on the ice when you have an offensive-zone faceoff.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]