Create Account

S76 Championship Week Due: Thursday, May 23th @ 11:59 PM PST

PBE Affiliate +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

BTS

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Neither of the teams have been relying on one or two superstar forwards to do all their goal scoring in playoffs, but if you had to pick a player you expect to carry their team to cup who would it be?
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

a. If I had to choose one player in the cup finals series between BAP or SFP to carry my team to victory it would have to be SFP's Viktor Hargreeves, they led the league in scoring during the regular season and are continuing that pace in the playoffs. Having to go up against Hargreeves is a nightmare for the opposing defenders and goalie.

(63 words)

f. At the time of this post, SFP is currently leading the series 3-1 against BAP so it looks like SFP is going to win the S76 challenge cup! After having to face them in the west conference finals, we in WPG saw first hand how dominant and deep their team is and BAP is likely to face the same fate we did in WPG. 

(64 words)

Total: 8/8 TPE

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

CW pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 01:24 PM by Huck24. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

Verification word - Thursday

+3 TPE

3/8 TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag

c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?

Looking at the stats, Willow is having a fantactic playoff run!  The offensive numbers are outstanding, I know that Nash Tapolo has even better numbers and in four less games, so you could make the arguement for them, but how often does a player that doesn't make it to at least the finals be considered the best of the playoffs.  For me, the stat that should help Willow take home that honour is the 18 takeaways and zero giveaways.  That's just crazy.  To not have been the cause of at least one turnover is figgin unbelivable!! Well done Willow, well done.

e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?

Oh, I like this question!  At first glance, the answer is obiviously a lion.  They are probably one of the most feared animals on the planet, their roar would be enough to send shivers down anything's spine.  But you have to think about the areial assualt that the eagle can preform.  Their beaks and talons could do quite a bit of damage to the lion and if the eagle could stay away from the lions jaws and paws, they may just stand a chance to take out the lion, bit by bit.  Give me more of these question, I like them!!

+2 TPE

5/8 TPE

5. Written, 3 TPE, Haven't I seen this already (150 words min.)

I've gone back and forth on this so many times. I do love a good rivalry, so in that sense, knowing that you will have to go through some of your fiercest rivals to get far in the playoffs is a huge plus.  But this can most definitely become tiresome.  For the fans, seeing the same thing, year in and year out can become boring.  And when two really good teams have to play each other early in the playoffs, just because they are in the same division, that can really make the following rounds less interesting, since most people want to see the best of the best play each other in each progressing round, with the two best teams meeting in the finals.  Again, I flip flop on this format all the time, at the end of the day, you need to be ready and willing to face any team that you are matched up against during the playoffs, it shouldn't matter when you face a certain team, you've got to win, no matter what.

+3 TPE

8/8 TPE

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 02:22 PM by Punk42AE. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia: Frankenstero

----------------

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2024, 03:17 PM by Vulfzilla. Edited 2 times in total.)

7. Graphic, 3 TPE, I have a plan

I take the cup to the salt bae fancy restaurant

[Image: lqtkPfA.png?ex=6649baf3&is=66486973&hm=5...f6fe298cd&]

The one about the lion and eagle fighting I can't remember what number.

[Image: lion.png?ex=6649bb05&is=66486985&hm=604d...a4559ead3&]

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2024, 04:09 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

PBE PT +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verfication word: slothin
+3 TPE

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Round 76
Create a graphic that shows a lion and an eagle fighting.

[Image: zNyCe2H.png]
+3 TPE

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

CW Pass

gm pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

CW Pass

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 04:52 PM by mee. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

shuff +3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Neither of the teams have been relying on one or two superstar forwards to do all their goal scoring in playoffs, but if you had to pick a player you expect to carry their team to cup who would it be?
b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?
c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Long Time Coming (150 words min.)
Both teams were competent in early S60s but ultimately didn’t end up winning the cup leading both into a rebuild shortly after. Now they are back at the top, looking to end long cup droughts. Making it to the finals isn’t easy and so both teams will want to make this one count. But there can be only one Challenge Cup Champion, leaving the other team to look ahead to next season.For which of the teams you think it is more important to win now and which is in better position to get back to the finals in the future? Why?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Presidents’ Trophy Curse (150 words min.)
Seattle Argonauts won both the Challenge Cup and Presidents’ Trophy in S68, but no team has won both during the same season since. Yet season 75 Los Angeles Panthers and season 72 Winnipeg Aurora both won the cup after being second best team during the regular season. Do you think that winning regular season has impact on playoffs performance outside of seedings and home advantage? Would you say San Francisco is better of coming into the series with second seed or will Baltimore get more out of their home advantage than any curse could hurt them?

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Haven't I seen this already (150 words min.)
SHL has a playoffs setup that has teams in the same division playing each other for the first two rounds.With only 5 teams in each division it often means that same teams play versus each other season after season. This can lead to good rivalries but also get pretty repetitive. Do you think this is a good structure or would you like to see it changed? Why? You can but don't have to ignore limits of FHM.

5) I wish I knew enough about FHM to have any clue what works and doesn't work, but sadly I don't, so I guess I go the path of ignoring it's limits.
I do not like the current structure. First of all, it's very lame that we play Baltimore every season in the second round. Second of all, it's rather unfair. Philly was the second best team in the conference, why do we have to play Baltimore before Buffalo? And even in the first round, Philly was 2 in the conference and had to play number 4 in the conference, Tampa Bay.
I would love to see the league go to a straight 1 vs 8 2 vs 7 matchup. Let's me honest, rivalries aren't really a thing in sim hockey, and travel certainly isn't either. I would keep the 2 conferences, because it feels right to have team on each side of the Americas against each other rather than an LA vs TOR matchup too early, but I feel like East and West is enought.

+3 TPE
Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Next season will be ours (150 words min.)
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 34 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high.

Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, I have a plan
So either you won the cup or at least dream of doing so. And when you win you get to take cup with you and show it around. Create an image showing your player and most exotic place they would/will take the cup to.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Round 76
Create a graphic that shows a lion and an eagle fighting.

Code:
9. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S75 Challenge Cup series
-The S75 Four Star Cup series
-An S75 IIHF preview
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

IIHF

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much you expect them to change this time?

Code:
11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

11. I put my player on Team USA. Rather simple, I'm American. As much as the league is fake, I still am pretending to be a real life hockey player. In real life I would play for USA. Well not really seeing as I'm not a good ice hockey player, but if.

I will add that I almost transferred my last player for playing time. At the same time I didn't, because to play for any country other than my own just feels wrong. At the same time I'm a New Yorker on a Philly based team, so I clearly don't care too much.

+2 TPE
Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Just to have it available
Design a IIHF or WJC Championship banner for your team, like those which appear on the side of the site.

Procrastinators

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 76! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE - But I thought the season was already over (150 words min.)
Challenge Cup Finals might be over and season switch done on portal but there is still sims going on SMJHL. Write a preview (or if you are really late, a review) about this seasons Four Star Cup Finals.

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphics-master procrastinator! Much like the written-word-loving procrastinator, you too have a special task! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats!

Total: 8 TPE

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

1. Trivia: Verification word: t0m

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

HO CW pass

[Image: image.png]

PBE Affiliate: https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry720409

2c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?

I think that you can't look at that line and think that anyone else deserves to be the best defenceman this finals. Of course we love scoring as a fanbase, who doesn't love points, but I think the major thing is that Willow Soderberg-Snooks is just clean on both ends of play, and you want your defencemen to help your team keep a clean sheet, and that's exactly what WSS has done.

2e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?

I think that we can easily know who would win, and that's the Eagle. Do you know what happened when the Lion imposed Townshend Act tariff exceptions? The Eagles threw tea in the bay and used all that land they stole to rebel. America #1, USA USA USA and all that. Oh wait, both teams are American this go around?

14. Written, 3 TPE - But I thought the season was already over (150 words min.)
Challenge Cup Finals might be over and season switch done on portal but there is still sims going on SMJHL. Write a preview (or if you are really late, a review) about this seasons Four Star Cup Finals.

As a current SMJHL player, I care more about the Juniors than the Majors! The Quebec City Citadelles are still in it and fighting for a championship! I really enjoy being on QCC and that we're going to be competing in the playoffs again. QCC seems to be pretty dynastic in the SMJHL, so while last season's playoff exit was a bit disappointing, we're doing quite well this season. I think that this is a season where we have many players who are going to be called up, especially the Solbjerg sisters. I think what we're looking at is a QCC team that is great at all stages of the game and at all positions. Our goalies are red hot, and we just need to do our job. I think our forward core matches up fantastically, there is nothing really stopping our maxed out core, and if the puck bounces as expected, it should be a win for the Citadelles, and a well earned one.

Code:

Sad

TPE Earned: 3

Code:

In this area of sports, specifically hockey, many awards end up being the player who has the most points and most flashy numbers. I would say based on that, Willow Soderberg-Snooks would make them the best defenceman in the finals. They have put up impressive numbers in the playoffs and have brought their game up in the playoffs where some fumble, they have thrived.
(64 words)

d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
I would say the Baltimore Platoon had an easier road to the finals, they played the Atlanta Inferno, Philadelphia Forge and Hamilton Steelhawks, whereas the San Francisco Pride played the Chicago Syndicate, Los Angeles Panthers and Winnipeg Aurora. While the Pride had a cakewalk in round one, they had tough series after. An argument could be made, they both had challenging roads, as both teams played some good opponents who have history of performing in the playoffs even if their regular seasons weren't the best.
(85 words)

I would say the lion would likely win. The reason being, the eagle would be using energy to swoop down and attack the lion, whereas the lion could sit there, i guess also use energy to jump up at the eagle, but I feel like the eagle swooping down, could get their wing bit, etc, whereas the lion likely would maybe end up with a scratch but nothing lethal? Unless this is a trick question, then I fail, SAD
(60 words)

TPE Earned: 3 TPE

Code:
11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

Unfortunately, Sad Ketchup has not been approached to play in the IIHF for any country, Sad Ketchup would like to be able to compete internationally but has yet to be called upon by any nation. This is a call for all nations to try to recruit Sad Ketchup! He would like a good federation that has history of winning and expectation is to always be in the hunt for gold. Sad Ketchup is a young up and coming player who could be the future of a country, or add onto an existing core of quality talent. Nonetheless, Sad Ketchup is hoping to be apart of the IIHF tournament in the coming seasons, but it appears this season it is too late.
(110 Words)

TPE Earned: 2

Total TPE Earned: 8

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Fileworker CW Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!