Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Task 1:

I would nominate @ToeDragon84 for the players association because he’s been around in the league for such a long time, and has clear leadership qualities. He’s the Jets captain for a reason; he said a highly active skilled player who is a class act and knows a lot about the league from his long career.

I would also nominate @Inf1d3l as he is just such a friendly guy and easy to talk to; he’d be the perfect type to be involved with such important discussions. He hasn’t been very involved with his junior and SHL team, so he knows what players at all stages of their career and would want. Relating to everyone is important in a players association, and that’s what he could he could do.

I’d also want someone to directly represent newer players, and there’s few who have been more involved than @PenKnight. While Pen was just drafted, he is heavily involved with the league media and is a juniors captain. I feel like he would be willing to do whatever research and learning is necessary; he would he committed to the union.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Task 2

This has been a while coming. What I would come forth to the table to negotiate for in our new CBA is an open bar in all visitor locker rooms. Don't give me that look. We're not doing anything nefarious or dishonest or against the spirit of the game. Road travel is stressful and there are more than a few guys who like to have one or two in them for some courage. Why not go ahead and, rather than risk someone like that going out of their way and risking a lot by doing so, have some of the stuff available right there in the safe confines of an official SHL facility? While we're at it, that would be a great opportunity to set up information to advise against the dangers of alcoholism, especially for the younger players who might resort to that on a first impulse. It's similar to the ideas in some nations outside the USA on handling addictive drugs, and in this case, is no different from that philosophy. Facilitate it in a safe environment where the effects can be dealt with.

Okay, so it might be messed with and is sketchy from the start because these are only in the visitors' locker rooms. Who says the home team can't crack back a brew or a shot in their lockers? The visitor bar just has to be up to a certain standard, and no one will blame you for rolling out all the stops for your players.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

When it comes time to recruit the members for the inaugual initiation of the SHLPA, it is clear what will be needed. Someone who is dedicated, reliable, level-headed, fair, and willing to work with both sides for the benefits of the players.

I am not sure exactly, if the SHL has ever had a member that fits that description, but it is readily apparent that it will be needed, as the suggestions I have will definitely need some sort of ringmaster to keep things under control.

First, I would go with Nuck, who lives in BC, and would be able to likely get his hands on some nice plants for the meeting headquarters. @NUCK

Secondly, we need someone to provide a bit of an unprofessional, laid back, personality. Someone who will basically be the court jester, but with some dorky name like Vice President of Player Affairs and Hairdresser or something. I have decided on Leppish, as he can cover the European base. @Leppish

Thirdly, I would have a lead up to the announcement, as I would have to think long and hard about who to appoint, as it would not be a real organization or committee of any kind, without a brash, loud mouthed, intolerable dickhead and I am fairly certain I can't name myself to the position, so I would have to do with someone who fits that description to a T.

Thing is, that fits a lot of people. So, saving time, I would just go with, Merica. Maybe give him a chance to have some sort of legacy here, as none of his players managed to keep their names in the record books.

@"Mr. Deplorable"

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

@Mac

Mad respect that you’re throwing shade within 2 hours. Honestly what took you so long.

But holler at me when you have half the accolades I do.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Task 2

1 - The league could definitely add a little more spice to the player's lives. First of all we need some clear cut changes to player celebration. We send a lot of time talking about random things or moments but we should have a league wide event scheduled for S50. A special PT set up where each team and its' players are tasked to make a list of 12 players that are the greatest in their franchise history. 6 F/4 D/2 G. Teams should write a one hundred world blurb for each player, list their achievements and stats and present it to be placed in the history section.

2 - Money, money, money. Players need to get PAID! I believe that send downs and young players on ELCs are shafted when on stacked teams, and roster players are shafted by ELC players that want to develop. Not everyone has time to earn bank and I feel that we should revamp the salary cap structure to assist young players. Make it so at least 2M of the ELC not count towards the cap. Send down or otherwise. So a player on a 5/5/5 elc only counts for 3/3/3 against the cap. This allows young guys to earn some extra money without hurting teams and letting everyone flourish. Maybe we can make it just 1m or something.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

07-06-2019, 11:09 PMMr. Deplorable Wrote: @Mac

Mad respect that you’re throwing shade within 2 hours. Honestly what took you so long.

I did a triple take seeing your name, and couldn't resist.

Welcome back, legit hope you've been well and it wasnt something bad that kept you away for so long.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

07-06-2019, 11:15 PMMac Wrote:
07-06-2019, 11:09 PMMr. Deplorable Wrote: @Mac

I did a triple take seeing your name, and couldn't resist.

Welcome back, legit hope you've been well and it wasnt something bad that kept you away for so long.

I’d been hearing lots of old heads had returned, figured and swing by and see what’s happening.

Oh yeah all good on my end man, appreciate that.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

An SHL players association would have to feature members that are left-leaning politically, on account of collectivization and workers rights taking an advantage over the interests of the leaguers organizers and beneficiaries. I’d have to probably pick @hotdog  (eko Van Otter) to be the chairman of the SHL players association. Otter is a longtime dogmatic marxists who indiscriminately fights for the rights of those who are being exploited. I believe that Otter would sob if he didn’t get his own way – actually I think he’d have a full blown meltdown – the only way for the owners and Players to come to an agreement would be a full blown acquiescence to otters outrageous demands. Otter is a non-negotiator. Though his childish (yet persistent)  behaviour may  result in consecutive lockout seasons, Otter will do what is best for the players. Uhhh who else?? Maybe @Tomasnz  and @frithjofr  because they’re handsome men. You gotta look good to persuade.

Task Choice: 2:  A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

In a couple words: Contract reform.

I have three propositions with the goal of increasing contract health by allowing for more contract diversity, more nuanced contract negotiations and allowing teams more flexibility in the contracts they can offer and accept.

Step one would be lower the SHL's minimum salary or to remove the minimum salary tiers so that longtime players may take league minimums in order to stay with a team that they love in the twilight of their career. By taking the proverbial sweetheart contract, a veteran player may recognize that his role in the team is changing and that the team needs to bring in new, younger prospects in order to fill the gaps.

This would be supported by step two, which is for send-down contracts to be paid by their SMJHL teams. This would allow for younger players to experience contract negotiation in a more controlled environment earlier and free up some cap space for the SHL teams after a prospect is picked but before they can reasonably pay for the team. This may be a whole 1:1 system, or payment may be split between the SHL and SMJHL teams. This would also incentivize SMJHL teams to negotiate with other players in the league to see if they'd like to switch teams.

The third and final proposition would be to increase both the SHL and SMJHL salary caps slightly. Combined with the other two propositions, this allows for more nuanced contracts to be made at all levels of the game. Committed players, locker-room players and high TPE earners could be rewarded more properly. A high TPE prospect might be offered a higher contract than would strictly be normal under the current system if the SHL team had a very good feeling about the player.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 01:41 AM by bbjygm.)

@JNH

[Image: WpudC1E.jpg]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

NSFL PT
Username: ADwyer87

Task 1
For the SHL Player association campaign, I nominate Bilbo, Alaska, and Thunfish. I belive that they all can provide objectivity to the SHL player association, a very important trait. They are all great and reasonable people, to be an ambassador you need to be able to take a step back and se the whole picture but also be abke to stand your ground on certain issues. These three provide a good variety of human rights to surprise attacks for the shadows. A great start to the SHLPA

Task 2
If I had to sit down at a table with the owners and GMs of the league I would push hard for a raise in the current cap. With more and more player coming in to the SHL it gets hard for organization to keep all the players they have drafted.
To keep new comers interested in staying around the league, team have to be able to provide a fair salary, for a team that has been revuilding and have traded players for picks this can become a real issue very fast. A team should be able to ice 4 lines and 3 d pairings with a starting goalie and a back up.

[Image: knute.jpg]

Task 1: Assuming it's truly needed (I for one think we're treated fairly, but I might be wrong on my assumptions), I'd suggest a trio of @bluesfan55 , @Segi and @SDCore since I trust them to be pretty good at getting us a good thing. That and I might've been offered a pinball table by a certain Swiss player if I suggested him to the position but that's supposed to be secret so the guys at the league won't find out that this was on the table, pardon the pun and maybe I should stop writing before they realize that this wasn't a joke or maybe it was, you never know, it might just be me trying to cover it up by assuming it's a joke and I'll shut up.

Task 2: I still believe I'm not well versed in league matters as a whole to give a proper suggestion, but I do think the league could grant us something for playing game tournaments between users online. I've been in other communities in the past and having games in things like Haxball and Brawlhalla would definitively form some sort of cohesion and goodwill between members since they'd be relying on each other to get better results. There could be a symbolical prize in money or something offered by the league as "Diversion Funds" or something if it'd make people more willing to participate.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR