Create Account

BUF shopping Atmey and Hamilton - SHL Insider Trading

:joy: this didnt need to become personal Smile)

Just curious but is revealing information from the GMs trade block a rule violation or just considered bad ediquette by the GM's or an unwritten rule?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

11-18-2018, 12:25 PMkarey Wrote:
11-18-2018, 12:21 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Way to completely ignore the actual point of my post but I get it, you have to have your teammates back.

Explain it to me, what did I miss?
1. I won't get into the details about league permissions because I don't really know how it works, but nobody leaked the report to WBF.
2. It's understandable how the term chimp is very closely tied to insults that have plagued the black community for centuries, however, the intent was clearly not racially motivated
3. WBF is upset because, yes, HIS trade block was leaked
4. what am I missing?

1. It's not about the content of my report, you are free to agree or disagree with it. I think it deserves to at least be looked into especially in the light of recent suspensions, but if you don't think so that's fine.
2. WBF claims to be so upset about leaks in general and now especially about leaks regarding his own team.
3. At the same time however, he himself is leaking sensitive information to his own team. In fact I would argue that reports are much more delicate information than trade block posts. They can be seen by much fewer people and their content can be much more critical.
4. And in my opinions, that's some massive hypochrisy from someone who claims to be so righteously upset about leaks. Apparently he is only upset as long as they are committed by other people and don't benefit him.

11-18-2018, 12:34 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
11-18-2018, 12:25 PMkarey Wrote: Explain it to me, what did I miss?
1. I won't get into the details about league permissions because I don't really know how it works, but nobody leaked the report to WBF.
2. It's understandable how the term chimp is very closely tied to insults that have plagued the black community for centuries, however, the intent was clearly not racially motivated
4. what am I missing?

1. It's not about the content of my report, you are free to agree or disagree with it. I think it deserves to at least be looked into especially in the light of recent suspensions, but if you don't think so that's fine.
2. WBF claims to be so upset about leaks in general and now especially about leaks regarding his own team.
3. At the same time however, he himself is leaking sensitive information to his own team. In fact I would argue that reports are much more delicate information than trade block posts. They can be seen by much fewer people and their content can be much more critical.
4. And in my opinions, that's some massive hypochrisy from someone who claims to be so righteously upset about leaks. Apparently he is only upset as long as they are committed by other people and don't benefit him.
I was going to dig into this since, as per usual, you've given us all plenty to chew on. But the fact you're comparing trade blocks to the post report function is all I need to know to not bother with this.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-18-2018, 12:34 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Just curious but is revealing information from the GMs trade block a rule violation or just considered bad ediquette by the GM's or an unwritten rule?

in the past for reasons all the rumor accounts got banned!

and yep its against the rules and punished before!

I also did warn samee about it!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

11-18-2018, 12:34 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Just curious but is revealing information from the GMs trade block a rule violation or just considered bad ediquette by the GM's or an unwritten rule?

ya its very against the rules

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

11-18-2018, 12:28 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-18-2018, 12:23 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: And you immediately share them with your team as I can see. A+ behaviour from someone who is so concerned about leaks.
yeah because it's funny and inconsequential and we like to laugh at you in Buffalo

At this point, being hated by you guys is like a badge of honor, kinda fills me with pride actually Smile. The moment guys like you or kit were starting to like me is when I would start to get worried.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 12:42 PM by Pingy Pingu.)

11-18-2018, 12:34 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
11-18-2018, 12:25 PMkarey Wrote: Explain it to me, what did I miss?
4. what am I missing?

yo red i guess a banana wasn't enough for you, so heres a snickers
[Image: GUEST_2cab6360-996f-4468-b316-2636c09999...&fmt=pjpeg]

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

dumbass ill take the snicker thank you very much

11-18-2018, 12:38 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
11-18-2018, 12:28 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: yeah because it's funny and inconsequential and we like to laugh at you in Buffalo

At this point, being hated by you guys is like a badge of honor, kinda fills me with pride actually Smile. The moment guys like you or kit were starting to like me is when I would start to get worried.

We dont hate you lmao we just think what you do is hilarious

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

11-18-2018, 12:25 PMdankoa Wrote:
11-18-2018, 12:12 PMLeppish Wrote: leaks r gud

Pls fix your sig it's breaking the site for all us ipb guys

Should be fixed now.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

11-18-2018, 12:24 PMDangles13 Wrote: Just a heads up, leaking trading blocks is something that we do not approve of and the Head Office is looking into this matter. Anyone in a management position caught providing leaks could find themselves without a job.

May I say that I think this is quite the overreaction? First of all rumors are fun, they create conversation and speculation and give people material to create new content about. If you think that someone is overdoing it with the rumors then sure, reign him in, tell him to post less of them or mix in more false ones, but outright banning rumors altogether and suspending the person behind them just because some GMs are upset doesn't seem like a good move.

I could understand this reaction if we were talking about actual sensitive information - stuff from the head office, content from private conversations between GMs etc. But the trade-block? It's basically a semi-public forum already where a looooot of people have access. Like, just to get a rough estimate... 14 teams, most of them with 2 GMs, the HO members, the Owners and then moderators, people with faulty permissions etc... We are easily talking about 30+ people here that have access to that forum already. You can hardly call that sensitive information, especially since trade block posts are made by GM specifically to be read by others.

11-18-2018, 12:36 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-18-2018, 12:34 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: 1. It's not about the content of my report, you are free to agree or disagree with it. I think it deserves to at least be looked into especially in the light of recent suspensions, but if you don't think so that's fine.
I was going to dig into this since, as per usual, you've given us all plenty to chew on. But the fact you're comparing trade blocks to the post report function is all I need to know to not bother with this.

I think he has a valid point, actually. The trade block is a tool for the GM's to shop players, sometimes they tell the players and sometimes they don't. These leaks from Samee are bad, but someone leaking a report that is supposed to only be seen/known about by a very small group of people is pretty bad.

From what I'm getting, you received the report and leaked it to your team? What were you going to dig into? "yup, I did it. Case closed!"

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

11-18-2018, 12:44 PMLeppish Wrote:
11-18-2018, 12:25 PMdankoa Wrote: Pls fix your sig it's breaking the site for all us ipb guys

Should be fixed now.

Much love thanks

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

11-18-2018, 12:45 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: May I say that I think this is quite the overreaction? First of all rumors are fun, they create conversation and speculation and give people material to create new content about. If you think that someone is overdoing it with the rumors then sure, reign him in, tell him to post less of them or mix in more false ones, but outright banning rumors altogether and suspending the person behind them just because some GMs are upset doesn't seem like a good move.

I think one of the issues is these aren't rumors. Rumors aren't always right. This is someone leaking the trade block directly to samee, and him posting it. If he threw some random players that weren't actually on the block in there, it would be rumors.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]