Create Account

S44 PT #4 - Definitive Suggestion Box

Personally I'm a huge fan of the sponsorship's idea and would love to see it implemented. I know there are tons of people in the league who straight up cannot afford to pay for top training every week, let alone pay for equipment each season, because writing media isn't for everyone. Hell, I have one of the top paying jobs as a banker and I still cannot afford equipment each year because I'm not a super creative person and I don't enjoy making up media pieces, and I'm also not talented at making graphics. Obviously sponsorship would not be worth so much that it pays for every bit of top equipment each season, but a couple of million for meeting certain requirements is entirely reasonable as it still requires some effort involved. I thought the example g "finish all PT's in a season for x $" was a solid base.

156 words

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

11-25-2018, 06:44 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
11-25-2018, 06:09 PMInf1d3l Wrote: I think a good way to introduce more media is to have weekly media categories or topics for people to write about. The problem some people (including myself) have with media is figuring out a good topic to write about. IF everyone has a specific topic on a weekly basis that they can write about, then everyone can share opinions on the matter, as well as see generally good thoughts or ideas from other people, as well as earning cash for their player along the way. The media can be tagged in the title for the topic of the week and a team of people (assuming the graders) can choose a few that seemed to make the best points (maybe not the best comments but the best opinions) and can award them extra cash as a bonus for writing the weekly media piece. This can also drum up extra activity on the website, and help retain newer members, giving them a chance to write something and earn cash, allowing them to continue to advance their players after the first season easier.

This is a really good idea. Each week have a topic as ‘premium’ which gets media money + 25%. This not only gives people ideas to write about but allows the league to highlight moments which require good media.

Glad you like it!

I feel like I've brought this up so many times but the SMJHL cap needs to be raised, especially if redoing the update scale is not going to happen. Which it shouldn't due to how difficult such a thing is and how it was redone not so long ago. basically, the current update scale has a problem where players really cannot compete well in the SHL until they hit around 800+ TPE. With the junior cap of 350, what happens here is there's basically a dead zone of 450 TPE where you're earning points and you don't ever see a return on this TPE with improved in sim performance. Considering even for the most active of actives, it will take more than two seasons to get from hitting the SMJHL cap to being a decently effective SHLer, there is a serious issue... It's quite easy to imagine someone caught between the junior cap and 800 will get a bit bored, run into a lull, lose interest, and run at a high risk of inactivity. While I can't say for sure... as a GM with plenty of anecdotal evidence, it seems there are two points in a player's career where there is high risk of burnout... between 350 and 800 TPE and then once regression starts. If we increase the SMJHL cap to 450 or 500, it will allow for members to see a better return on the TPE they're earning and continue to be motivated to stay active.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

I truly believe that in order for the league to thrive we have to heavily consider expansion to sixteen teams. As of right now, many teams have players in the minors that have no business being there, Edmonton is no exception, we currently have two 600 TPE players in the minors because there’s no room on our roster for them. I also believe it will increase parity across the league due to the fact that so many rosters in the league are “stacked” as many people like to put it. Edmonton currently houses a top 6 of 1,200+ and a top 9 of 950+ which makes it near impossible for players to advance with retirement or free agency moves. I think it would be beneficial to avoid almost forcing prospects to stay in the minors for too long, as I know that I personally struggled after hitting my 350 cap because of the fact that it got boring to see no progression in my player

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 11:25 PM by Bonk.)

Nm

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

I'd love to see a new way to see both the sim results, but the sim itself. Right now, the only thing you can see is the statlines after each morning's sims. If you compare it to other sim leagues (mainly NSFL and PBE), they have great sim engines to watch the games unfold in real time. The best one is clearly PBE, which uses Out of The Park Baseball 19. Maybe head office can look into using that company's hockey sim engine, which is called Franchise Hockey Manager. It's not nearly as developed as Out of The Park, but it would actually give us something to watch. I really think that this is important because we don't want users to leave the SHL for other leagues. Yes, the PT welfare helps for member retention, but I think this could really make a difference. It would be more work for the simmers, but overall it would be best for the league.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

NSFL PT
Username ADwyer87

NSFL Ultimus Week

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]

[Image: cookies2.png]

- A Higher TPE Cap in the SMJHL

Please god let this happen. I don't understand there being any argument for keeping the TPE cap at 350, especially when I see players spending 3 or in my case 4 seasons in the SMJHL where I spend 3 seasons with the exact same build. It's so god damn boring at this stage that I became briefly inactive twice during this span. It doesn't help that even when I jumped into the league around 750 TPE, it still took a couple of seasons to be decent due to just how the sim works and how the average top 6 player has to be a few hundred higher in order to greatly impact their team. There's no much we can do about the "starting TPE" for the SHL but we can at least bridge that gap by raising the TPE cap a couple hundred. I'd say a good number would be around 600-650. I'd also like a system that perhaps incentives movement of rookie players where if a player stays in the minors at the beginning of the season despite already being capped, there's a limit on how many TPE will be earned while they are down there. If a team doesn't have room for a player despite them already being capped which will almost always be in the 4th season for above average TPE gainers, the choice is either to be penalized in growth or force the SHL team to make a move.

Another possibility I'd like to suggest is a SHL "jump" boost where once a player moves into the SHL permanently, they gain a 50+ TPE boost that helps further bridge the gap between SMJHL players and SHL players and shortens that span for 2-3 seasons where the player is stuck contributing a very minute amount to their team.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

-A Higher TPE Cap in the SMJHL

Personally I feel that we should have a higher TPE cap in the SMJHL. I think one of the reasons is that players (especially new users) are bored right before the 2nd season or during the 2nd season because they are already maxed out and all they can do know is save those TPE. I also feel that there are too many maxed players in the SMJHL and if we rise the TPE cap, there wouldn't be that many maxed players in the SMJHL. If we were going to raise the TPE cap, i think it should be around 400 to 450 TPE, I think thats fair and I believe you will reach this right before your 3rd season or during your 3rd season. Those were my reasons on why we should raise the TPE cap and I think we should raise it around S46 and would be beneficially for all.
~151 words

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

[Image: boychgeck.png]

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

I think that a higher total points earned (also known as TPE) cap in the simulation major junior hockey League (also know as the smjhl) would be a great idea to be implemented. Currently there is a cap of three hundred and fifty total points earned (TPE) that is allowed to be applied to a player in the simulation major junior hockey League (smjhl) which is easily surpassed by many players by their second season in the simulation major junior hockey League (smjhl). This message that many simulation major junior hockey League players may become bored with the simulation hockey League as a whole, and stop updating as they will not see their character progress until they are called up to the simulation hockey League to unbank their total points earned. A solution to this problem is to raise the total points earned cap in the simulation major junior hockey League to a higher number like 450 total points earned.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I think the best idea on the list is the higher TPE cap for SMJHL, but I would like to propose a somewhat different idea, and thats a moving TPE cap. People usually hit their TPE cap in either their first season or early in their second depending on when they joined. After that its going through the motions and banking your TPE until you eventually get called up. This may cause people to lose interest or become bored because you arent actively improving your player, just waiting for a roster spot to open up in the big leagues. For this i recommend a moving cap, one that increases each year in juniors. This will let people stay more engaged and continue to update their player.

I think a seasonal cap of 50 pts would be good. With SHL training camp, equipment, etc. the TPE adds up quickly

Example:

Draft year in juniors: 350 TPE Cap
Second year in juniors: 400 TPE Cap
Third year in juniors: 450 TPE Cap
Fourth year in juniors: 500 TPE Cap

177 words

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

I think the idea of adding a 2nd defenseman award cheapens the value of either trophy, and in some ways the entire awards process. The problem with the awards isn’t that the wrong players win, but the fact that anyone thinks there really can be a wrong player. When you narrow the list down to the finalists everyone left is deserving in their own ways, or else they wouldn’t have made it as a nominee. There is a great deal of subjective input that goes into the selection process, and really it’s unavoidable.

However, if the league were to go ahead with implementing a 2nd award for offensive defenseman I think the most appropriate name we could go with is the Alonzo Garbanzo Award. Alonzo without a doubt the most prolific offensive defenseman in SHL history, and while I’m not so much in favour of renaming our current award, I would support him over anyone else for a new award.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia