Create Account

Kalju comments on PenKnight case

07-11-2019, 06:47 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:38 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: This is so embarrassing

I very much agree, it's immature. It's not how I go about things. Now people are coming after me in a public forum.

Look, I know you don't try and make a big deal about things. But here are the facts:

PenKnight has the right to his opinion.

Everyone has the right to criticize his opinion, whether or not it was formed decades ago.

Just because you don't criticize him on his opinion doesn't mean we should behave the same way. Nor does it mean that because we do so you're better than us in some way (in this case, maturity).

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Fine have it your way. Be immature. As it seems to me that me talking in a friendly conversation only leads to people getting more agitated and aggravated because they can't change my mind that it isn't wrong to judge someone as harshly on a public forum. That's not how I go about my life, and it's more immoral than anything see you guys later.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 07:00 PM by bbjygm.)

07-11-2019, 06:54 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: Fine have it your way. Be immature. As it seems to me that me talking in a friendly conversation only leads to people getting more agitated and aggravated because they can't change my mind that it isn't wrong to judge someone as harshly on a public forum. That's not how I go about my life, and it's more immoral than anything see you guys later.

The irony is that you violated whatever standard of maturity you were holding us to just as much as we did. We both had opinions and no one changed anyone's mind. But you're not any less guilty than, say, me for continuing to try and change the other's mind.

Edit: and I believe aggravation was around the fact that people were pissed about the sexism but you were one of the people downplaying it. I don't like tolerating ignorance, so I got heated. I had an opinion I was entitled to.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats

Never forget
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 07:02 PM by jRuutu.)

Lets face it - not every woman in these sport shows or studios are there because they know so much about that sport. They are there because someone somewhere said that it would be cool if there was a woman or women in these shows, not just all male panels or whatever. All done for ratings, for sponsors and to shut feminists up.

Does that mean women should not be in the sports shows? No, but PK´s comments are not that bad when you take into consideration that bigger reason why some of the women are in these shows is the fact that they are females - not their knowledge about hockey/sports in general.

07-11-2019, 06:58 PMbbjygm Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:54 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: Fine have it your way. Be immature. As it seems to me that me talking in a friendly conversation only leads to people getting more agitated and aggravated because they can't change my mind that it isn't wrong to judge someone as harshly on a public forum. That's not how I go about my life, and it's more immoral than anything see you guys later.

The irony is that you violated whatever standard of maturity you were holding us to just as much as we did. We both had opinions and no one changed anyone's mind. But you're not any less guilty than, say, me for continuing to try and change the other's mind.

No, and I'm not trying to change your mind. I am defending why I have been doing what I have doing. While most of you have been bitching at me that he is wrong because he thinks this, or he thinks that, or he does this, or he does that. It's all beliefs. But one thing I will say arguments like these, as nuclear as these is why the world is falling apart. Judging someone this harshly has lead to suicides, drug use, cutting, and even leaving families because that person you judge thinks that it is better for the family without them because you said he wasn't a good person. I hope you take that into account when you start judging PK as harshly as you are about to, but I am leaving this Argument on the right note. Because getting as heated as you are is not good for me whatsoever.

07-11-2019, 07:02 PMjRuutu Wrote: Lets face it - not every woman in these sport shows or studios are there because they know so much about that sport. They are there because someone somewhere said that it would be cool if there was a woman or women in these shows, not just all male panels or whatever. All done for ratings, for sponsors and to shut feminists up.

Does that mean women should not be in the sports shows? No, but PK´s comments are not that bad when you take into consideration that bigger reason why some of the women are in these shows is the fact that they are females - not their knowledge about hockey/sports in general.

It's more demoralizing to women to know that they are in there because they have different body parts. It's a lose lose situation in that case.

07-11-2019, 05:43 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
07-11-2019, 05:34 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: It may be, but again he is from a different era. So what we might think is sexist is not sexist in his era. And even then his isn't sexist he says they should be entitled to the same jobs, just him watching it might be different  because they are little annoying in his opinion. It's controversial because you guys make it controversial.

No, it is controversial because he has shitty opinions rooted in sexism.  He called women hosting hockey shows hookers, called them girls and said it pisses him off when they try to tell him about hockey, and claims that women "invaded" hockey all together.  None of your excuses make this any better, but hey this type of shit doesn't really affect you so why make a big deal out of it?

Yeah this. Sorry guys but as much women used to "belong in the kitchen" I myself enjoy cooking so I'm gonna go ahead and say as long a person isn't born between 1946 and 1964 they should be allowed to do whatever they want regardless of their sex/gender

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

07-11-2019, 07:04 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 07:02 PMjRuutu Wrote: Lets face it - not every woman in these sport shows or studios are there because they know so much about that sport. They are there because someone somewhere said that it would be cool if there was a woman or women in these shows, not just all male panels or whatever. All done for ratings, for sponsors and to shut feminists up.

It's more demoralizing to women to know that they are in there because they have different body parts. It's a lose lose situation in that case.

Most women and I guess people in general don´t care that much, average sports fan sees a woman in TV and automatically think she must know her stuff because she is in TV.

07-11-2019, 07:10 PMjRuutu Wrote:
07-11-2019, 07:04 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: It's more demoralizing to women to know that they are in there because they have different body parts. It's a lose lose situation in that case.

Most women and I guess people in general don´t care that much, average sports fan sees a woman in TV and automatically think she must know her stuff because she is in TV.

I really don't like any hockey sportscasters outside of a few that are Doc, Blues Boys Kelly, and Panger. That's pretty much it, but that's because I just like them because they aren't as bias. Kelly and Panger for the Blues are maybe slightly bias, but at the same time they know when the Blues have been bad, and Blues have been good.

Yeah, bringing them in purely for the sake of diversity has its pros and cons, it increases diversity and encourages more, but sometimes means the better applicant doesn't get the job. But, there is also the case that the better applicant for the job is better because they were set up for success due to them fitting the profile of those already successful. It's a mess, really.

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats

Never forget

07-11-2019, 07:12 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 07:10 PMjRuutu Wrote: Most women and I guess people in general don´t care that much, average sports fan sees a woman in TV and automatically think she must know her stuff because she is in TV.

I really don't like any hockey sportscasters outside of a few that are Doc, Blues Boys Kelly, and Panger. That's pretty much it, but that's because I just like them because they aren't as bias. Kelly and Panger for the Blues are maybe slightly bias, but at the same time they know when the Blues have been bad, and Blues have been good.

There are not that many good ones in Finland either, shame really when they shovel piss poor product down your mouth if you want to watch.

07-11-2019, 07:17 PMjRuutu Wrote:
07-11-2019, 07:12 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: I really don't like any hockey sportscasters outside of a few that are Doc, Blues Boys Kelly, and Panger. That's pretty much it, but that's because I just like them because they aren't as bias. Kelly and Panger for the Blues are maybe slightly bias, but at the same time they know when the Blues have been bad, and Blues have been good.

There are not that many good ones in Finland either, shame really when they shovel piss poor product down your mouth if you want to watch.

Yeah, I have wanted to be a Hockey Announcer for awhile just getting into it.

07-11-2019, 07:03 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:58 PMbbjygm Wrote: The irony is that you violated whatever standard of maturity you were holding us to just as much as we did. We both had opinions and no one changed anyone's mind. But you're not any less guilty than, say, me for continuing to try and change the other's mind.

No, and I'm not trying to change your mind. I am defending why I have been doing what I have doing. While most of you have been bitching at me that he is wrong because he thinks this, or he thinks that, or he does this, or he does that. It's all beliefs. But one thing I will say arguments like these, as nuclear as these is why the world is falling apart. Judging someone this harshly has lead to suicides, drug use, cutting, and even leaving families because that person you judge thinks that it is better for the family without them because you said he wasn't a good person. I hope you take that into account when you start judging PK as harshly as you are about to, but I am leaving this Argument on the right note. Because getting as heated as you are is not good for me whatsoever.

Eh, I'd say the world is falling apart more because people define only two sides to any debate and attack the entire other side, often for things that aren't even related. America's two-party system is an example, especially with the most recent elections.

You were trying to change my mind, though. I thought his comments were sexist and vocalized it, you thought I was being harsh and quick to point a finger. I tried to change your mind on the fact that the nature of his opinion calls for finger pointing and harshness, you tried to change my mind in that I shouldn't judge based on one comment. No one budged, and there's nothing more to add really. I hope we both can reflect on the other side enough to understand it.

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats

Never forget

07-11-2019, 07:20 PMbbjygm Wrote:
07-11-2019, 07:03 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: No, and I'm not trying to change your mind. I am defending why I have been doing what I have doing. While most of you have been bitching at me that he is wrong because he thinks this, or he thinks that, or he does this, or he does that. It's all beliefs. But one thing I will say arguments like these, as nuclear as these is why the world is falling apart. Judging someone this harshly has lead to suicides, drug use, cutting, and even leaving families because that person you judge thinks that it is better for the family without them because you said he wasn't a good person. I hope you take that into account when you start judging PK as harshly as you are about to, but I am leaving this Argument on the right note. Because getting as heated as you are is not good for me whatsoever.

Eh, I'd say the world is falling apart more because people define only two sides to any debate and attack the entire other side, often for things that aren't even related. America's two-party system is an example, especially with the most recent elections.

You were trying to change my mind, though. I thought his comments were sexist and vocalized it, you thought I was being harsh and quick to point a finger. I tried to change your mind on the fact that the nature of his opinion calls for finger pointing and harshness, you tried to change my mind in that I shouldn't judge based on one comment. No one budged, and there's nothing more to add really. I hope we both can reflect on the other side enough to understand it.
And in no way would I ever try to attack your side of opinion. You are entitled to that opinion.

07-11-2019, 07:14 PMbbjygm Wrote:

Yeah, bringing them in purely for the sake of diversity has its pros and cons, it increases diversity and encourages more, but sometimes means the better applicant doesn't get the job. But, there is also the case that the better applicant for the job is better because they were set up for success due to them fitting the profile of those already successful. It's a mess, really.

I understand why they do it, but it´s a mess for sure.

Not the same thing, but over in Finland, there was recently a controversy when a female player said that some people only come watch them play because of their asses. The sport is ´pesäpallo´, similar to baseball, but not really. Either way, they play in super tight pants and even have ads all over their pants - why do they need to A: wear so tight pants and B: have ads all over their pants?

All for ratings, all for money.