Create Account

S50 PT#2 - Phobias

My phobia is PTs

PBE PT

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 03:02 PM by JamesT.)

Quote:Tell us about your player's main phobia - what are they most afraid of in the world? Where does this fear come from? Was there a traumatic experience? Have they always been afraid of it? How does your player go about avoiding this source or handling this phobia in day-to-day life? Maybe tell us about a specific instance in which your player was forced to confront this phobia head-on - how did they fare? (150+ words)

I am fearful of many things in life and I get startled easily as well, but if I had to choose one thing that scares me the most it would have to be spiders. 

Ever since childhood, spiders always have been intimidating for me and although I know that they don't go after humans it is just how many legs they have and how they maneuver around that makes me get spooked the most. I think that I have gotten a bit better with spiders as I can kill some of them if I see them running around in my apartment because when i was a child I wouldn't even be in the same room as one! 

However, there was a time in my rookie year up with the Edmonton  Blizzard where my teammates knew how afraid i was with spiders so they pulled a rookie prank on me and bought a fake spider toy from a prank shop and placed it in my hockey bag when i went to take a shower. Needless to say i shrieked very loudly when i went into my bag after a hard practice. I still need to get back at the guys for that one.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: kILVP74.png] [Image: vokU6Ra.png] [Image: eP8F2Ne.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Igor Volkov has an immense, irrational fear of his skates untying in a game. He always felt insecure about his own ability to tie his skates (it seems that he never fully learned as a child or even as a teenager), and when he did, he'd often have to interrupt the game to retie them, often unsuccessfully. He has been known in the league as "that guy who can't tie his own skates". It seems that this fear stems from a combination of prior unsuccessful attempts as well as him falling headfirst into poisonous ivy on his first hiking trip. In his first few games in the SMJHL, Igor was seen struggling with his laces by third period very often, which led to some strange commentary from the broadcasters. To avoid this from happening again, Igor usually asks his teammates to tie his skates before every game, and this has occurred in both the SMJHL and the SHL. Igor has been attempting to learn for a few months now, and although he admits that he thinks he has it and can tie his skates semi-reliably now, he still does not trust his own ability to tie his skates, as he still has that irrational fear of them untying. Igor doesn't think that he'll fully get over it, and he still relies on the help of his teammates to get him prepared for a game. This might last for his entire career, and he apologizes to his teammates for inconveniencing them.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Karl Krashwagen has a terrible fear of sloths. This fear manifested itself during a childhood trip to Peru where he was mugged by one while walking down the road to the orphanage where he was helping out volunteering.
Needless to say, Karl has gone to extreme measures to avoid sloths from this moment on. He carried a machete for the rest of the trip, and then swore to never venture back to "Sloth Land" for the remainder of his days. This is when he took up the sport of hockey. He figured that sloths are native to warm places, and warm places do not have ice, therefore it is a sport that has a high probability of not encountering a sloth. An added benefit of hockey is that it is played on ice with skates. Sloths are notoriously slow, so he figured that should he have the unfortunate circumstance of meeting one, he should be able to out skate it.

He will remain vigilant however, and is suspect of certain players who may actually be sloths in disguise, out to get him, such as Jimmy Slothface. @slothfacekilla

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Code:
Written task: Tell us about your player's main phobia - what are they most afraid of in the world? Where does this fear come from? Was there a traumatic experience? Have they always been afraid of it? How does your player go about avoiding this source or handling this phobia in day-to-day life? Maybe tell us about a specific instance in which your player was forced to confront this phobia head-on - how did they fare? (150+ words)

Jimmy Slothface's main phobia is Nomophobia: feelings of anxiety that arise from being out of a phone’s range of service, not having one’s phone charged, having no credit on one’s phone or misplacing it. It used to be so bad that Jimmy would even sneak his phone onto the bench during practices and sometimes even games. But once his team found out what he was doing, the coaches assigned an equipment manager to pat Jimmy down before practices and games to ensure that he does not have his phone on him. At first, it definitely affected Jimmy's hockey game for the worse because he was so afraid that he was missing out on some funny internet content via his cell phone. But since he was forced to not carry his phone with him during hockey he was able to slightly overcome the phobia. But, Jimmy still ensures that his phone is always on him and charged when away from the rink so he does no miss any important messages from important people in his life.

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

simmer claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Wilson's main phobia is retirement as made clear by how long he has been putting it off. He doesn't have much business left being in this league, but yet continues to sign contract extensions in the hope he may never have to retire. What will life be like after the game of hockey, who knows. It could be terrible and leave a big hole in his life once it is gone. It is also such a move of finality, once it's over it's over and there's no going back. Perhaps it will turn out for the best and he will realize he completed everything he wanted to in the league and can now settle into retirement with no anxieties. There's only really one way to tell and that is to go through with it despite how scary that sense of uncertainty may be. It may be this season or next season but it is coming up faster that he can put it off.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

Hello my name is monkey d luffy and i'm terrified of spiders. Ya i know they are tiny and most won't hurt you and will stay away from them but honestly they are terrifying and i wish they would stay away from me. They are the best when they are outside away from the world eating all the shit head mosquitoes but why the hell they gotta make webs across walkways for people to walk in thats no fun. I have no reason to be scared of spiders and no traumatic experiences but i'm irrationally afraid of them (which is why its called a phobia). Sure i'll kill them when they are in my home but hell ya i'm gonna be suiting up in my full gear to deal with them. I heard from mythbusters if you take it head on that it'll help reduce phobias but no way am i gonna grant imahara myself and put tarantuals on my fucking head are you fucking dumb grant?

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Code:
Written task: Tell us about your player's main phobia - what are they most afraid of in the world? Where does this fear come from? Was there a traumatic experience? Have they always been afraid of it? How does your player go about avoiding this source or handling this phobia in day-to-day life? Maybe tell us about a specific instance in which your player was forced to confront this phobia head-on - how did they fare? (150+ words)

Calogero Crudelli's main phobia is acrophobia, which is a fear of heights. It's a pretty common phobia that a lot of people have so it's definitely easy to talk about it with people that are dealing with the same thing. I'm not sure how this fear originally started but I remember my first incident when I took a flight from Italy to a special training camp in Sweden. I hadn't been on a flight before and when I looked out the window, my heart sank and I passed out. And from that day on I had always had anxiety when it came to heights, whether it was a mountain or a bridge or anything high really. The easiest way I can avoid it is to avoid going up in the air and that's easier to do when your in the SMJHL because it's just buses from game to game. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get to the SHL and you have to take a plane to every game. I might have to knock myself out with some drugs before every flight.

Code:
186 words

[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Code:

PB's biggest phobia - bar none - is eating soured goat cheese. As many of you know, PB was born in the tatry mountains of Poland where traditionally, highlanders of Poland would make many smoked cheeses from goat's milk. PB is a huge connoisseur of said cheeses but one time, PB made a risky play by trying to eat some that sat out in the sun for a few days too long. While he knew the cheese looked and smell funny, his lack of awareness from slamming down 10 beers at the pub made him hungry enough to try the rancid cheese and he promptly vomited it up. This was followed up by intense diarrhea for the following 4 days, which resulted in him shitting his pants on the ice at a home game because he trusted a fart. From that point on, PB only enjoys the finest of freshly smoked goat cheese and refuses to eat anything that is older than 5 days.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

My biggest phobia is something that affects my whole life. My biggest fear is dogs. Now, in today's society being scared of dogs is tough as hell. The popularity of dogs has shot up to crazy levels and now they're everywhere.

It wasn't one incident that created my phobia of dogs and to be honest I don't even know why. Something about dogs just sends me into a panic. I hate the barking and I especially hate the constant energy and running around they do. They could be running full speed at you and ready to pounce and the unpredictability of it all is terrifying.

Living with this phobia is hard. Dogs are everywhere now. I don't go for walks, I have to drive everywhere. I don't go to parks or anywhere that is open field. Dog owners don't follow any leash laws and just let their dogs run wild wherever they want.

This phobia has definitely limited me throughout my life. Outdoor activities are basically a no go and everything needs to be indoors. I've thought about getting help, but really it's on me. For now, though, dogs will continue to be a source of panic and fear.

(199 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

The largely taciturn Cassius Darrow may seem largely unflappable, but do not misunderstand: Germany’s silent force on the blueline fears things. There are two things in particular that Darrow fears.

First, as all intelligent human beings, Cassius fears geese. There’s no need to explain this: they’re mean, they’re evil, and they fear nothing (except swans, who are bigger and meaner versions of the goose). However, because this is a PT, I do need to elaborate. Semi-frequently as a child, Cassius came face to face with families of mean ass Arctic geese during their annual pilgrimage toward Germany’s Lower Rhine (a common winter location for the fowl).

Darrow’s other major fear, surprising no one who reads these, is large crowds of loud, happy, people. Darrow is a quiet man, much more at home surrounded by books than out and about at large parties. He hates big celebrations (seriously, the guy skipped the SMJHL Awards his rookie season, and that’s the only time the guy won an award! I’ve well established this in my PTs), and does everything in his power to avoid them. If not for his friendship with Alexander Selich and Jakub Novak, the man probably would have missed every awards ceremony, championship parade, and league celebration the last seven seasons. At these events, he stays in his corner, speaking to only his close friends/associates. If a fan or another person approach him, he’ll be kind and try to be warm at least for a little bit. But these things take up so much energy that poor Darrow will disappear for a day or more recharging, alone, in his home.

S/o to @Tomen and @Esso2264 for making Darrow socialize. They're the real MVPs helping to humanize our weird ass Cass.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Manuel Gotze is known as a tough guy out on the ice - while he's not much for getting into fights, he likes to his strength to his advantage for both keeping the puck and dispossessing his opponents, while laying out big hits left and right. Despite this reputation, there is one thing that truly horrifies him and even causes an allergic reaction - people that have almost zero hits. He gets less horrified by people who at least manage an occasional respectable hit, but it still kinda freaks him out. He just doesn't understand why someone would play hockey without being willing to lay their body on the line for themselves, their team, and/or their country. A prime example of this would be Pedro Sarantez, who scored 69 points (nice) for the Edmonton Blizzard in S33 according to the all-powerful Bojo Box. Despite that nice point total, Pedro only had 9 hits in a 50 game season! That is downright terrifying for Manuel and his lackofhitsphobia. Also don't you dare make the claim that this fear of Manuel's is somehow related to his concerns about his own masculinity or lack thereof. He immediately checks anyone making such claims straight into the boards.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

PBE Welfare

Too bad, too. I liked the idea of this weeks but also did somewhat for PBE and did that one first. Too lazy to do this one but yeah. TPE. Smile

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 10:56 PM by DaftRaincloud.)

Jonas Larsen fears one thing and one thing only - failure. Medically referred to as Atychiphobia, the fear of failure is very common. Unfortunately for Jonas as a player for the Anchorage Armada for 3 seasons he was constantly forced to confront his fears. Being around other perennial failures like Gabriel Johnson @Gwdjohnson did nothing to make him feel any better and perhaps even made his phobia more crippling. He has gone to see many sports psychologists to cope with his fear of failure, but seeing as the psychologist was an Armada fan he did nothing but berate Jonas for his and his team's poor form during every session. Shockingly, Jonas saw this man every single week to allow himself to be abused verbally. He even recommended the psychologist to other members of the team so they could all be lambasted. Jonas hopes that now that he has scored his first SHL goal he can start to shake off his atychiphobia, but prospects are grim.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]