Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

Also seeing a few of my mates posting on the same page as me. @Weretarantula @JayWhy @ej27 I think I am going to need more explaination as to why those films are worth watching.

...maybe not @ej27 since Val is normally reason enough.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 05:48 PM by KlusteR.)

10-11-2019, 01:33 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote: I think the obvious choice for the Minnesota Chiefs would be to watch all 3 of the Mighty Ducks movies. The movies are set in Minneapolis and feature a team in green that no one expects to be great that goes on to win it all through the power of friendship.

We would also have the best movie snacks and drinks as is tradition for the Mayosota Chefs.

I mean, sure, Gibbles, but there's also a hockey movie about a team named the Chiefs, and it's a cult classic - Slap Shot! We can even have John Forty-One @C9Van pretend he's one of the Hanson brothers. Plus, Paul Newman is a sexy animal, so Mika ( @BadWolf ) can have her fun too. It's gonna be perfect.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

A Dragons movie night would have to involve a movie about a dragon, so an obvious choice is.. The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. This is a great movie in general and involves a kick as dragon that strikes fear in the viewers, much like the Calgary Dragons strike fear in their opponents.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

For the Lethbridge Lions movie night, I'll be hosting and showing the classic 1939 film The Wizard of Oz. Sure it's a quality movie, but I feel like it's necessary for this team to watch and learn from the Cowardly Lion, one of the movie's key characters. The message of movie night will be to stop acting cowardly and get in the lane and block those absolute lasers with your face if need be. I've had enough of us skirting out of the way of those absolute clap bombs. And by the end of the movie, hopefully our Lions can learn a thing or two from the movie's lion and grow a spine and then use it to block a 100+ mph slapper from the circle.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

The Specters should probably watch a scary movie, especially since it is October, but Jimmy does not do too well with scary movies so he settles on Ernest Scared Stupid. While the devious troll and slimey creature do scare Jimmy a bit, the overall light humor makes it so Jimmy won't have too many nightmares after watching it with the gang. Plus he can hide his eyes.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

I mean the obvious answer for movie to put on is the original Jurassic Park. The Lost World and JP3 were trash but the original was pure gold. Jurassic world had some nice throw backs but it is only because the original was Cinema magic.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

whenever im asked to show someone a movie theres always one specific one that pops immediately into my head. when it was my turn to pick a movie for the Rage’s movie night i pulled out From Dusk Til Dawn. ive never made a list of my personal favorite movies but i could ballpark it within the top five... and actually seeing people watch it for the first time just adds to that. i went into my first viewing with no knowledge of the movie whatsoever and it was a super memorable experience.

Yoshimitsu wasn't very sure of what to really pick for a Movie Night, for he wasn't very familiar with that section of pop culture yet. As a result, Yoshi played it safe and asked Omelette for a movie that he could bring forth. He brought Godzilla: Final Wars with English translation, which was surprisingly fine until Nathan Explosion ( @micool132 ) got too into the monster fights.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

That is easy! I would just pick the directors cut of the Lord of the Rings movie just so we are there for a stupidly long time. Think it would be easier to keep them there with that than say Harry Potter.

[40 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

If I'm picking a movie for NEW to watch I'm going to choose The Grey because in the commercial Liam Neeson punches a wolf or some shit at the end. I don't know but that seems sort of topical since we're the Wolfpack or something.

It's a movie night, so we might as well spend the whole night watching movies and this is why I would choose to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I also want my team to see what proper leadership skills looks like as showcase by Aragorn.

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

I would watch Slap Shot. It's hockey related, it has people on the movie poster on Google, and I know nothing else about it. I also want to carefully watch the credits so I know who to complain to about misspelling my name. Terrible research quality for my biographical documentary.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

For the LA Panthers movie night I would choose Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. Not only is it a fantastic movie, one of the best if not THE best of his works, but it is also multi-lingual and a nice opportunity for the English, French and German (and maybe Italian) speakers on the team to see some aspects of their culture represented and bond over them. Oh and everybody enjoys Nazis getting shot in the face so yeah.

We are definitely watching Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. It's easily the best movie in the series and i love it with a sincere passion. The series ends here in my mind.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

10-11-2019, 04:08 PMLeppish Wrote: Everyone needs to see Die hard at least once, so i would sit the whole team down, get some beers, get some popcorn and have a Die hard Marathon running through the first 3 films of the series, the 4th movie would be an optional viewing and hell no we aren't wasting time on the 5th one.

This is an excellent choice but even though the first three Die Hard movies are all good, I would be satisfied with just the first one by itself. Maybe it's because it has a special place in my heart from my childhood but for me this is very close to being the perfect action movie - especially come Christmas time!