Create Account

S50 PT#2 - Phobias
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 10:59 PM by Massive Coiler.)

Every day Delver Fudgeson wakes up is a gamble to him. He never knows if his greatest fear has struck until he gets on the ice. He puts on his gear, gets his stick, hits the ice and begins to skate. So far so good. Delver corrals a loose puck and fires it. He now realizes he is safe another day. He has not been affected by the yips. This peculiar affliction results in the loss of motor skills for athletes. The inexplicable loss of the ability to play the sport that they have been playing for years. Career ending injury is one thing, but Delver's fear is the unknown. Something that may lay deep inside his soul could make itself known and take away what he loves in the blink of an eye. Look at Markelle Fultz, 1st overall pick in the NBA by the 76ers. Delver Fudgeson works hard, and the thought of all of that being taken away from him for no good reason keeps him awake at night. Fearing the unknown.

178 words

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Bobby Sharp isn't afraid of much, but something that is extremely debilitating that he can't shake is a super irrational fear of styrofoam. He wasn't always afraid of styrofoam, in face he used to play in those styrofoam peanuts that come in packaging when he was kid. For some reason though, on his 14th birthday, he suddenly became petrified of it when removing a hockey helmet from its packaging. The feeling of it against his fingers makes his spine tingle. The sound of it, you know that squeaky one? It nearly makes his ears literally bleed. There isn't any real good reason why this is the case, nor was there anything specific that triggered it. No traumatic moment or anything like that. It just suddenly happened without him even realizing it. It is not something he really shares with his teammates, and he always makes sure to have a water bottle around so he doesn't have to use styrofoam cups anywhere.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Did you know that Nolan Sawchuk, a professional hockey player affiliated with the Simulation Hockey League franchise the Tampa Bay Barracuda has a rather interesting phobia? Nolan Sawchuk of the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise is afraid of the ocean. Not just any part of the ocean though, the middle of the ocean. You could say that this phobia has two parts as he is also afraid of drowning. But the middle of the ocean specifically is terrifying for Simulation Hockey League professional Nolan Sawchuk. He is fine with the beach and can wade into the water fairly deeply, but he can absolutely not go out further than where he can touch. He has to keep his feet on the bottom otherwise he is petrified. Given that he plays for Tampa Bay, you'd think this would be a huge problem since this franchise is located in Florida. In fact it used to be, but thanks to the help of teammate Nickolas Klaus he was able to overcome his phobia of the ocean.

171 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 11:40 AM by vbottas17.)

Thomas Bathory has stupophobia. Basically he really hates stuff that he thinks is stupid. At the top of the list is a good percentage of the population. Probably somewhere around 80-90%. Its believed that Thomas developed the phobia while working retail one summer as a 16 year old in Hungary. The people that bring out this fear the most are the people that feel entitled for no reason at all. It's hard for Thomas to avoid these type of people as they are literally everywhere. Right behind entitled pricks on Bathorys list are people that seek confrontation in a sad attempt to feel better about themselves. Next on the list are probably people who wear socks with sandles or maybe people who drive slow in the passing lanes. Other things that are a part of Stupophobia include the fear of overly aggressive small dogs. Bathory loves animals so this is mainly limited to his girlfriends Chihuahua. The whole oh I'm so tough, I'm gonna bite your ankle, followed by no attack and continuous yapping is very stupid. Another fear associated with Stupophbia is the Toyota Prius.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Kristaps Ball has a big fear of sucking. And not just sucking as in sucking on the ice or the Cuda sucking and doing bad, but all kinds of sucking, if you catch my drift. Now he isn't scared of sucking when it benefits him, or his team, but he is super scared when he is doing the sucking or his team is sucking. Kristaps has tried to overcome this fear, as it is a weird fear when you put it into perspective of other things he could fear. However the numerous attempts have all failed and he still has a phobia of sucking. When the suck does occur, Kristaps is known to do weird things, such as squeal and run, and sometimes also hide in a corner of a room or the bench, so others won't be able to tell how nervous he is. His voice also starts to stutter and it makes it harder to understand the man who is usually drunk anyways.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Many many years ago Rintarou Okabe was a devoted mad scientist. He worked on a time machine/time leaping machine which at the time could only send him backwards in time by 48 hours. After using this time leaping machine countless times he created a rift in his world time line and altered his reality, one to which his very dear friend would always end up dying over and over. He skipped back in time thousands of times trying to undo what he had done until one day he finally reached steins;gate and everything was once again at peace. Since that day Rintarou Okabes biggest fear is losing the ones he holds dearest to his heart and the only way he can overcome it is to never time travel again even though he knows that one day his future self will be able to create and use a time machine that allows him to travel both forward and back in time.

[162 words]

[Image: 336.jpg]

Bananaphobia. An uncommon phobia that, as the name self-explains, is the irrational fear of bananas. No one knows where this phobia came from, nor does anyone seem to know what causes it. For Fox, he has never publicly admitted to having this phobia, but the question remains: have we ever seen Fox and a banana in the same room together? Every time the word banana is mentioned, Fox finds a way to get himself out of the room or away from the person who mentioned the forbidden fruit. He has never been seen in the same room as one and has even cut interviews short if the fruit is mentioned. Rumors about the phobia have been swirling about the possible cause being a close friend's death to a poisoned banana, or even his childhood rival's mother's favorite fruit being the banana. Insider information, however, has a simpler answer: he's simply just allergic.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Aron Hernadivic was never scared of much growing up, sliders were too small, snakes were never around, and although clowns were creepy, they were never around enough to develop a phobia. However, upon getting drafted to Buffalo, there’s been a strange development. Aron had his first encounter with a flock of Canadian geese. Aron hadn’t seen this animal before? And went to get a closer look. Not knowing the hissing sounds emanating the geese were a warning, Hernadivic was brutally attacked, barely escaping without losing a finger. It didn’t stop when he got to the locker room as there is a new game sweeping across the team. In this game, you pretend to be a goose and brutally attack people. Aron was watching silver and some other players play as he couldn’t look away, it wasn’t one of those moments that was traumatizing PTSD-like for Aron, but he couldn’t stop watching. He felt bad for the NPCs in the game, as he could relate to them. Thankfully for Aron, he will get a break from the honking in the locker room, and can rehabilitate back down in ST LOUIS

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

DeMaricus Smyth's biggest phobia is the dentist. DMS can not stand the dentists office. For a guy that is 6-4-16 in career SHL Fights, youd think he'd be more careful when it comes to dealing with his mouth. For what ever reason, whether is the constant reeeeee of running tools, the smell of toothpaste, or the fake front the doctor and his nurses are always putting on. "Oh this will only hurt a bit." "Oh this wouldn't happen if i didnt gouge you in the gums with my pokey tool if you listened right." Cant stand the dentist, done give DMS an Anxiety Attack the last time he had to go in for a routine cleaning. let me make this clear. DMS HATES the dentist more than anything in the world. But its not a traditional phobia like a spider, arachnophobia, who see's it and runs. Naw DMS just hates going to the dentist.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Georgy Gorbachenko is deeply deeply afraid of clowns. This stems from a traumatic experience he suffered when he was a young child. It was his 6th birthday in his small town in Russia. His family did not have very much money to spend on extravagant birthday parties. The apparent solution to this was to have someone within the family to fill this role. This person would turn out to be his alcoholic uncle. As you may imagine the party clown had a hard time standing and making coherent sentences when he arrived and it only got worse from there. Young georgy's party ending with his uncle igniting his wig on fire in their barn lighting said barn on fire. The ensuing fire would kill many of georgy's farm animals that he loved. Ever since then he has avoided clown at all costs. There have been a few occasions where he has ducked out of Raptors charity events. He has also allegedly fiercely fought in his SHL contract for a “no-clown clause”.

phobias are a weird concept to me to be honest. i mean from what i gather they are more or less an irrational fear. though i get that fears are hard to overcome i also believe that the human mind is capable of thinking through any fear. thats not to say i wouldnt be scared or jumpy if say... a spider all of the sudden crawled across my arm or some shit, but thats not really what a phobia is. i can look at a spider and touch a spider no problem if i know im going to be doing it. so i had to look past some of the more common answers to come up with something that i can say i generally fear... and that would be People. obviously i have dealt with people for my entire life so i cant really say its a phobia, but its the closest thing ive got. people are unpredictable, they can be stubborn and mean and completely selfish, its scary to think about sometimes. i just figure as long as i try to be decent and generally aware of the world around me i should be just fine.

Alex Winters has done pretty well avoiding his fears in life, but there is, in fact, one thing that he is afraid of. That would be roller coasters. Never having liked the concept, trying them once in a while has always confirmed that he hates them. They’re not something that he likes at all, and despite numerous attempts by significant others over the years to drag him onto roller coasters, his comfort with them hasn’t increased at all. Somewhat surprisingly, he has no issue with water slides. Despite the many similarities between water slides and roller coasters, only roller coasters give him any kind of issue.

Luckily for Alex, Manhattan doesn’t have an overwhelming amount of roller coasters and he can avoid them as much as possible. The sight of roller coasters don’t bother him, but he does have a fear of going on them. He will strongly fight back against being forced to go on a roller coaster, and he will actively avoid putting himself in situations that could result in him going into a roller coaster. Amusement parks are fun though, don’t get him wrong. He does like the wandering around and getting food, as well as spending time with friends while there.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Barret's main fear in life is clowns. It makes it really hard to skate on the ice when his entire team is made of of mostly clowns. Like that Alex Winters guy, you taken a good long look at that clown? Oof, what a basket case. But it all stems from his elder brother Cloud having issues with carnivals and then torturing him once Cloud grew out of it. Then he got to watch his brother play for the Halifax Clowns, or Raiders, I get the two confused, and that experience was quite traumatic as well. Luckily Cloud escaped with his life but Barret was scarred forever. Then guys like David Vent join the Rage with him and he's another case of a clown on skates. It's no wonder that McCarthy's career has been so unimpressive so far, he's terrified at all times with the people on his team. How he hasn't died of a heart attack yet I don't know...

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 08:48 PM by AlwaysGettingHaxed.)

There is only one thing that Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu fears, and its name is gnomophobia. That is right folks, Kalevolaripaavo is deathly afraid of your everyday garden gnomes. Nobody really knows how or why it started, as he isn’t really sure himself. All we know is that his teammates, the billet families, and anybody else within a ten block radius of his billet house and the rink in Kelowna are not allowed to own any.

Growing up in his hometown of Maarja-Magdaleena, many of the residents there owned them. When Kalevolaripaavo and his friends would walk the streets and he would always muttered to himself that if he had a gun he would shoot all the gnomes in town. His friends, with the permission of many of the townspeople, decided to steal all the gnomes they could fit into Käspertommevisnapuu’s room. When he awoke the next morning, with a room full of gnomes all staring at him, he had an anxiety attack. Even after all the gnomes were removed and given back to their owners, Kalevolaripaavo did not leave his room for a week. Hence, why the city of Kelowna banned all gnomes near the billet house and rink, for the young star.

Code:
~200 words

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

The thing Gunnar is most afraid of in the world is revolving doors. It is not entirely clear whether he is actually afraid of them or just superstitious about them, but he refuses to go through one unless he is the only person in the door. Some people have theorized that this fear originated when Gunnar saw that one episode of the Walking Dead, but if you ask his family, they will tell you that he has been leery of revolving doors even since he was a little kid. If there is any other possibly entry point into a building, he definitely prefers that, but if it is impossible to avoid the revolving door without making everyone wonder what is wrong with him, he tries to wait for everyone else to go through it first so he can be sure no one else is behind him. He usually just pretends like he is being polite, waving people to go through in front of him, but sometimes he takes so long that the rest of the team wonders what happened to him.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .