Create Account

S51 WFT #1 - Giving Thanks

There are just so many people to be thankful for. I am so thankful for this league as a whole. Y’all have allowed me to find something I love to do. I have made amazing friends along the way. I wish I could @ everyone lol. To name a few though, I’m thankful for @JKortesi81 and the amazing friendship built there, never thought someone would travel from Buffalo down to not sunny Florida for me. I am also thankful for @Evok who also came to visit from even farther up north! I am thankful for @Steelhead77. He has been such a great friend of TDZ for years, which makes him a friend of mine. I look forward to one day heading up to NYC. I’m thankful for my “newer” friend @slothfacekilla who was kind enough to get me a wedding gift. Time really does fly on this site. I’m thankful for @Inf1d3l who has always supported me even after I got traded from MAN. I’m thankful for @Segi and @SpartanGibbles for being amazing even after I left MIN. I am thankful for @bilbo who always lets me vent to them and is just the most amazing bilbs ever! I am thankful for @BarnabasCollins for being my first gm and making sure I stayed here for the long run. I would like to thank @ml002 for drafting me to ANC and I’d like to thank @Acsolap for putting up with me for a couple seasons. Smile I’ll be a boat for life. I am so thankful to everyone who put up with me early and let me grow into the person and player I am now. I’m thankful for the SHL <3
This by no means is an all inclusive list. There is just so much I love about this league and so thankful for everyone I have met.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

11-29-2019, 05:26 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: I'm personally thankful for all of the friendship that I've made over the last few years of my life in the SHL. I'm thankful for EVERY SINGLE NEW ORLEANS SPECTER, as you're all amazing people. I'm thankful that i was able to go to @BadWolf and @TheDangaZone 's wedding. I'm thankful to have met @Evok and gone on a "wine run" with her. I'm thankful for @ztevans for being the best friend on this site i haven't met yet. I'm thankful for newer friends like @SDCore . I'm thankful to have shared Chicken Wings with @Bonk and i look forward to eventually meeting @Slappydoodle and @Steelhead77 when i do eventually make the trip East.

This site has given me too many friends to mention, honestly. I love it.
I’m so thankful you got more wine lol

11-30-2019, 04:06 PMdylanjj37 Wrote: Thanksgiving is not a real thing here but I will write a list of who I am thankful for anyway.

Armada  Armada

Firstly, I am thankful for my good friend @Frostbite who I made joined the SHL and who has finally become a boat boi and also because he has cute cats. So also thanks to Wishy Woo Woo and Ling Ling for being cute.

Also a big thanks to my best boat bois, @Ferda, @"Toirekari", @mdubz, the traitor who ditched us @golden_apricot and also @jays_cloud. Also big thanks to @Graves and @BuneJug for not making me the worst S50 boat boi.

Thanks to the rookies @LairdButler, @UnderSpider, @bluesfan55 (Switzerland) and my future Chiefs teammate @BreDoubleT for being great. Thanks to the new rookies @Wiad, @ryan cvit, @TheManSoldTheWorld for also being great.

Thanks to @rangersbruinslightning for being a great linemate and helping me score lots of goals.

Thanks to @artermis and @Tomasnz for being great at leading/coaching the team and also @Acsolap I guess.

Thanks to @Sleepy for being a good goalie for like zero games, @Bongo for being great and scoring us lots of points, @frithjofr for being the best captain ever, @Gwdjohnson for being the best player on the team, @DaftRaincloud for being great and @Toivo (Switzerland) for being really good and also being a great teammate.

Thanks to the old boat bois (and girls) @"boucherfan12", @ej27, @Fordyford, @JayWhy, @Jenny, @Tomen and @Waters who I never played with but who are cool anyway.

Thanks to @OrbitingDeath for coming to my party.

Thanks to @Weretarantula for being a great pokemon friend and letting me catch that cubchoo and also for giving me a pokemon for Ass. Thanks for making sure I have money too.

Thanks to @ml002 for being a goat and to @Boomcheck for being the real GOAT.

Thanks to @hotdog for being a snak and not being a sandwich and not not being a sandwich. Also thanks for literally selling yourself to me. Thanks for making easy PTs too.

Thanks to @Jepox for just vibin'. We hung out for like an hour yesterday so I hope he's not too sore.

Armada  Armada

Chiefs  Chiefs

Thanks to @Shmurph for paying me.

Thanks to @Leppish for being a good GM and letting me have my own channel. Also thanks for being great.

Thanks to @Chris-McZehrl for being a great coach and a great friend.

Thanks to @SpartanGibbles, @C9Van, @fever95 and @tedlamotors for being great friends.

Thanks to @TheHockeyist who didn't list me as his friend but who is still my friend.

Chiefs  Chiefs

Switzerland  Switzerland

Thanks to @Segi and @esilverm for being great GMs of the best country. Also thanks to @esilverm for making a great bot.

Thanks to @Symmetrik, @kuschy and @UrsinZ for being great teammates.

Thanks to @KlusteR for being a great teammate and a great goalie who I might hopefully play with at some point in the SHL.

Thanks to @FinnRhys for being a great WJC GM who got us gold and a great teammate.

Thanks to the new Swiss @Pandakazi, @BuckeyeKeese and @Mutedfaith for being great teammates/future teammates.

Thanks to @bbjygm for having a confusing username and who I took off my list because I didn't recognise him and then spent ages trying to find him again so I could add Slap McShotty. Also thanks for being a great teammate as well as @chetib.

Thanks to @ImASurvivor for being a great new Swiss and for being ricky booby.

Thanks to @BDonini for being the best Swiss (sorry guys).

Switzerland  Switzerland

------

Thanks to @BadWolf for being great in the chiefs LR before she left.

Thanks to @"mantorune" for being a great goalie on our WJC team.

Thanks to @CementHands for being a great GM and getting us gold as well as being a great German friend.

Thanks to @nykonax and @Esso2264 for being, uh, you.

Thanks to my bois in the best server ever: @caltroit_red_flames for sharing his juice, @TnlAstatine for sharing his pokemon and being the best Ass (don't know if he has the best ass though?), @Nokazoa for making me my sig (maybe, hopefully, at some point) and @DieselJ who is just chilling in the server and is just great.

Thanks to @Grum for being amazing and better than Ass.

Thanks to @efiug for being efiug.

Thanks to @Evok for being evok.

Thanks to @SecondSucks22 for being a great updater.

Thanks to @thiefofcheese for being cheesy and for being the best Russian. (Just realised there are other Russians... sorry guys).

Big thanks to everyone I forgot to mention because you have weird discord nicknames or forum names or because I just didn't want to thank you or because I'm dumb.
I’m still in the lr. Just in the sad alumni only area

11-30-2019, 10:54 PMKlusteR Wrote: Guess it's my turn, eh?

First of all, I'm thankful for the first contact I had with the site, when I signed up 4 months ago. I still remember it, I signed up on a whim before going off for a weekend away from my home, and boy was I floored when I picked up my phone for the first time on Friday night. Four different people from three different teams had contacted me. And here I thought I'd stay without a contract for a long while!

In the end, what made me go for the Lethbridge Lions was a message I received from the one I consider my mentor, and a good friend, @Carpy48. I really didn't know what to expect, but I certainly didn't expect to have such a nice and thoughtful message, and a hand extended to me. You really, really helped with my first few weeks, slowly building my goalie and my interest in the SHL, and it's been an honor to start working in an advisory role for the Lions with you, to hopefully extend the same kindness to new players as you have. You're a great human being, and I'm truly thankful to have met you.

But then again, it would have been for naught if not for the confidence shown in me by my two junior co-GMs, @JNH and @SDCore. Not only did you take a gamble with me, but you've also allowed me to grow, little by little, first by giving me the net in the playoffs in my rookie season, then by integrating me with your advisory staff. It's been a blast, and I can't wait to see where the next few months will lead us. Oh, and - I still owe you two a Four-Star Cup. RRRZOO! Lions

I'm also thankful for my Lethbridge teammates - oh captain, my captain @Massive Coiler, my favorite ASS captains @"スウェグキング" and @Patey, as well as the rest of the team (and mostly S50 crew) @jtwilson1214, @ByrdeMan, @JuOSu, @Symmetrik, @Velevra and @TomHanks. Special mention to my newer teammates @libertines, @Keygan, @Rindiee, @BuckeyeKeese and @DrSalt.

I also want to say a special thanks to @Segi for integrating me with the rest of the Swiss squad so quickly, and also helping me with a few things around the site in my first few weeks, as did Carpy. You're a great Fed Head, and I really hope we win the IIHF (and Challenge Cup?) together. Thanks also to the other Swiss Fed Head @esilverm for your fun attitude and amazing Discord bot.

I want to extend a huge thanks to THE BEST CO-GM IN THE HISTORY OF THE WJC - @UrsinZ. You rock man, you're always so upbeat and cheery. And I love waking up to five messages from you Heart Switzerland. More thanks distributed to the rest of my Swiss teammates, @BDonini, @chetib, @FinnRhys, @ImASurvivor, @kuschy, @bluesfan55 and @Mutedfaith.

Onto the thanks for my SHL team - the Minnesota Chiefs Chiefs. Thanks to @Leppish and @Shmurph for taking a gamble on me at 22, and I hope I can repay that confidence in the upcoming seasons. Thanks to @Chris-McZehrl for all the tips and the BALLS, to @fever95 for the build help, to @C9Van for being able to roleplay someone who hates everything while also being cheerful, to @TheHockeyist for all the chemistry, to @tedlamotors for always tying my skates and to @SpartanGibbles for just being an all-around cool dude. @BadWolf - I'm gonna miss you in that locker room.

To all of my draft class - I could name you all for different reasons. @"toirekari" - I hope we write goalie history together. @RaginCajun, @Z0REM, @thiefofcheese, @Thatguy91, @charlieconway, @uhh, @CementHands, @puolivalmiste, @Rankle, @golden_apricot, @"jfisherr" - Y'ALL FUCKIN' ROCK. S50 Covenant best draft class!

And last but not least, I'm thankful for the best bot on this site, @dylanjj37. You keep being you, you non-descript, non-aged, shitposting Brit, you.
Thanks - you can always hmu

12-01-2019, 01:38 PMInf1d3l Wrote: There's honestly too many people to give thanks to, and it's hard to choose just one. That being said, the one I'm going to give thanks to for this is @BadWolf since she's done an amazing job running the SMJHL HO and has now become commish of said job. Working with here there and in the PT department is amazing and I give thanks to her work ethic towards this league!
Your legit ganna make me cry. Thank you.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 07:16 PM by soulja.)

Many people may think twice for who they are the most grateful for in the SHL but for me, it is a very very easy answer. There is one guy that took a chance on me when i first started and made me the player I am today. This is none other than the GM legend, @Wasty himself. I am most grateful to Wasty because when i was partially inactive in my first year of SHL, he is the one that motivated me to continue building my player and kept saying how I was an essential part of the Panthers organization. He slotted me into an impact role immediately and assisted me with my build. In addition to that, he also gave me key pointers when I first started making graphics. I was so bad just like anyone else but i improved at such a rapid pace just by learning from the GM and Graphics legend, @Wasty. He shared his psds with me so I can understand the detail that went through. You know what they say, you got to learn from the best to be the best. I am no where close to being really good but compared to where i started, it was a great accomplishment. So this is all to say that I am thankful that I got to play for @Wasty.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

I'm very grateful that i've met the wonderful people that i've met along the way, and i'm future-grateful for the people i'll continue to meet along the way. I'm thankful for too many people to call them all out individually but semi-specific acknowledgements to the people in the Anchorage and New England locker rooms, the S47 draft class, and the PT Team Smile

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I could list almost everyone I've shared a locker room with, the site's been amazing so far, but let's keep it short and sweet:
@Flareon - Thank you for drafting me. I was so happy to go to one of the places that gave me a really good impression as a pre-draft rookie
@FuzzSHL - In the same mindset, thank you for getting me excited and engaged pre draft. We haven't really had any contact since, but you got me pumped up for the draft
@FinnRhys - For being an amazing head GM. You were able to take the ball I got rolling and give it momentum to get across the finish line
@charlieconway - You will always be my friendly competition. I'm going to keep striving to hit the same marks as you, and I hope I can push you as well
@Rublic - for being the best captain I could have asked for, good luck in Calgary man, keep those hits coming! CCII may not break 250, but you sure as hell can
@JR95 - For drafting me to West Kendall and welcoming me to the WKP family. There's a strong history there, and we're going to be back real soon.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

I’m doing this on my phone, so hopefully I get the @‘s right.

First and foremost, I’m thankful for @JKortesi81. He took a chance on me in the S45 draft, then again in New Orleans. He’s given me opportunities I thought I’d have to wait months or a year for, he’s done everything he can to make sure I’m in a good place mentally and has given me the guidance I’ve needed to help me get where I am. I owe a lot to him.

To Scruff (I don’t know your @, I’ll message you on discord though), you helped me find my way around things when I got drafted to STL. You helped keep me active and I likely wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you.

To @Nictox, @Blastmeaway, @SlashACM, @TheDangaZone, being around you guys and playing games with you has been an absolute blast and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

@cpetrella, the best Co a GM could ask for. I can’t put into words how much it means to me that you’re my Co. You’ve helped make Carolina a special place and I don’t know what I’d do without you.

@slothfacekilla, you humble soab. You always bring a positive energy wherever you go, never change.

I’ve got to go to work, but here’s to the guys that have made a difference in my time here, and who I wouldn’t trade for the world: @TML99, @esilve, @SDCore, @Z0REM, @ACapitalChicago, @ImASurvivor, @RaginCajun, @caltroit_red_flames, MCP, Nyko, Gibbles, Fitted, and I’m sure I’m missing a bunch of other guys too.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

I'm thankful for all the Panthers boys who make being in the locker room a great time, and also all the people who chip in to help keep this community going and make it what it is.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for past and present teammates, the people who keep this place running (some of whom are past and present teammates), and some stragglers who started talking to me just because and they're nice. It's nice. Ty.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

I am thankful for all of my specters team mates especially @JKortesi81and @TheDangaZone along with @Blastmeaway for being my biggest supporters.

I'm also thankful for @ml002 for being the only junior GM to message me when I came back and @Grapeheadand @tweedledunn for drafting me to the big leagues.

Last and definitely least I'm thankful for @Darkened_Rose_16 for showing me that forever is only as good as ones options. I loved you and you threw it all away for some cash and attention.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

I'm thankful for my girlfriend @"cpetrella" and my crow bois. I also love my specter spooky Bois as well and I have made some amazing friends and wouldn't give them up for the world. Fuck detroit and buffalo except Evan I guess

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

You only get 3 or 4 chances to win the WJC gold/4 Star Cup and I'm glad that I was able to win both.  @"luketd" @Inf1d3l @Otrebor13 @nubbedindaribs @C9Van @Nokazoa @TheHockeyist and everyone, thanks for making that S48 Vancouver team so great. Also @Gray you inactive legend

@dmills3 @SecondSucks22 I wish Dale was good enough to make team Canada but nevertheless, I am thankful that I've played almost every game of my career with you 2. I would trade a 1st overall pick for Jax again if I had to.

@"ThatDamnMcJesus" @Waters I don't think anyone viewed me as a top prospect but thanks for taking a chance on me 4 seasons ago

@DrunkenTeddy thanks for all the work you do to keep the website going, and even after 15 seasons Phelps is still one of the top players in SHL

@nour thanks for being an integral part of the LR and going back to updating after 1 season of semi-inactivity, I have no doubt that Anazibf will have a great career

@notorioustig Murphy is a star and he has plenty of elite seasons in him, Hamilton wouldn't be nearly as good without you

@Narconis thanks for being the best goalie in SHL, now let's get you a McBride and a Challenge Cup

@Snussu thanks for being a loyal Steelhawk, you might not update often nowadays but Boija is very valuable to our team

@Samee thanks for being a GOAT 4th liner and penalty killer

@FourFour thanks for sticking with Hamilton, you're an important part of our roster and we're gonna win a lot in the future

@Gwdjohnson I have to admit I wasn't a fan when I heard that Hamilton decided to draft you 2nd overall because you were a fairly unknown prospect at that point but you proved all doubters wrong including me. You're a top player in your draft class and an amazing LR fit, really couldn't have asked for a better pick

@golden_apricot in S50 our plan was to take 3 forwards but when you were available in the 2nd round we had to draft you, and you've been nothing short of amazing. Thanks for being so great, in hindsight you should've been a top 5 pick easily

@Gooney @Good_Ole_Kimmy @SlothFaceThrilla your players might be improving at a slower pace but they're improving, and most importantly you keep the Hamilton LR active which is a must for any good team

@uhh @treesap @mxman991 thanks for being amazing prospects, I know you will develop into good players and I can't wait to see that

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

There are just so many comfy feelings in this thread.  I've been in the league for a bit over a year now so I'm not going to tag everyone that I'm thankful for.

First stop, my time as a Crow.  Joe and Ryan for drafting me and welcoming me into the league.  Naming me captain in my second season really cemented the league for me.  Cainer and Nictox as well for getting me active with the team and IIHF.  The young crows who came after me, Evan, Serpe, Gordie.  Of course Fuzz too, who has been my partner in crime on SMJHL and international ice for basically our whole time together in the league.

Then, my time as a Jet.  Flappy and Toe really got me going into the SHL.  Even though he's since moved teams, I'm grateful for Stammer and our time together on the Jets.  Now, SG and the prospects for keeping the momentum of the team.

Some of the extra-curriculars.  The Bruins chat room which has been a great place to hangout during the NHL seasons.  I'm not really surrounded by Bruins fans or even hockey fans being out in Seattle, so I'm grateful for y'all.  Also, the fantasy hockey league, I've never done it before but I'm loving it this season.  Flappy, Troy, and Stammer for my site jobs which take care of my player upkeep.

Lastly, I'm grateful for my USA roster.  It has been hard to live up to the expectations of such a crazy good roster, but I'm glad to finally reward everyone with a gold.  Special shout out to Leppish for being a great LR presence through the ups and downs.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]