Create Account

Carolina Kraken Captains and Team Awards

[Image: CarolinaKraken.png]

For the first time in two seasons, the Carolina Kraken will have a new set of captains as Bobby Lane and Phineas Gold have both received call-ups to their respective SHL teams. What both of these players have done on and off the ice for the Kraken can not be put into words. This organization is forever grateful to both of these players and wishes them both the best of luck in their SHL careers.

Moving into the S52 season, a team vote was held to determine who the new captains would be. The players selected by their teammates are beyond deserving of donning letters for the Kraken this season. These returning players have been leaders for the duration of their tenure with the Kraken and have made significant impacts season after season.

We will start by announcing the two alternate captains. These two players have been major producers in their previous seasons and have consistently been among the league’s leaders in +/-. They are pillars in the SMJHL and will surely make the Kraken players, staff, and organization proud as leaders of the team. Your Kraken alternate captains for S52 are…

Tom Fiddler and Alexei Rykov!
@PremierBromanov & @RaginCajun

The newest captain of the Kraken franchise is, at this point, quite obvious. This player has been a leader on and off the ice for the previous two seasons and is truly a player that exemplifies what the Kraken look for in a player. Without further ado, the newest captain of your Carolina Kraken is…

Joseph Weston!
@ACapitalChicago

It will be exciting to watch these players throughout the season, but it is truly an honor to be able to name these players as captains for the upcoming season. Congratulations to these three players for being nominated by their teammates!

Now that the captains have been announced, it's time to get to the team awards. After back-to-back 4-Star Cup victories in S49 and S50, S51 saw the team take home the Laurifer with the league’s best record since the S45 Detroit Falcons. An unfortunate early playoff exit to the underrated Whalers was the sole blemish on an otherwise impressive season. Multiple players had breakout seasons on both ends of the ice and this season will be tough to follow up. I don’t want to waste too much time getting started, so let’s get to it.

The first award is the Kain Webb Award for Team Leadership. This player showed consistent leadership skills both on and off the ice throughout the season. Earning his call-up, this player will soon be wreaking havoc on SHL defenses. This season’s winner of the Kain Webb Award is…

Phineas Gold!
@Z0REM

The next award on our list is the Christoph Klose Award for the team’s Top Forward. The recipient of this award should come as no surprise as he was among the team’s best in multiple categories last season. A new alternate captain, this season’s Christoph Klose Award winner is…

Alexei Rykov!
@RaginCajun

Our next award is the Quilha Agante Award for the team’s Best Defenseman. One of the more underrated players on the team, he unfortunately saw an early end to his career after the disappointing playoff exit. A nice going away surprise, this season’s Quilha Agante Award winner is…

Hans Schweinsteiger!
@baueranthony9

Next up we have the Jordan Nugent Hall Award for the team’s Most Dedicated Player. This man has been an absolute beast in the locker room and off the ice. Establishing somewhat of a cult following, there seems to be no way to stop him. This season’s Jordan Nugent Hall Award winner is…

Michael Fitted!
@Fitted2106

We’re almost to the end of the awards, but before we start wrapping things up I would like to give  a special shoutout to @Reynolds, Nolan McMahon. Finishing 2nd in the league in save percentage (.899), tied for first in goals-allowed-average (2.59), and tied for first in shutouts (3), the Kraken would not have finished as well as they did without the work of this brick wall.

Getting back to the awards, we have three left on the day. The next one to give out is the Petr Klimek Award for the team’s Best Two-Way Player. This one ended up as a tie, and a well deserved one at that. These two players played major minutes on both ends of the ice and were among the league leaders in +/-. This season’s recipients of the Petr Klimek Award are…

Tom Fiddler and Joseph Weston!
@PremierBromanov & @ACapitalChicago

The second-to-last award we have to give away is the Alonzo Garbonzo Award for the team’s Best Rookie. This one was too close to call and also ended up in a tie! These two rookies are looking to be pillars down the middle of the lineup for seasons to come and have been nothing short of stellar in the locker room. This season’s Alonzo Garbonzo Award winners are…

Velveteen Dream and Stirling MacTavish!

@TheDangaZone & @Legend

The final award we have is the Kurtis Hunter Award for Team’s Choice MVP. This player was unstoppable this past season and will definitely be on the league’s shortlist of favorites to win the league MVP next season. A fearless leader and lovable teammate, this player checks all the boxes that you look for in a player. Look out for this player this upcoming season to tear it up yet again. This season’s Kurtis Hunter Award winner is…

Alexei Rykov!
@RaginCajun

This concludes this edition of the Carolina Kraken Team Awards. Thank you all for tuning in!

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

I hereby give my share of my award to @ACapitalChicago. Well done! I voted for you for most underrated in the league. Truly a force to be reckoned with. I predict 60 points at least

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-22-2020, 03:22 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
The second-to-last award we have to give away is the Alonzo Garbonzo Award for the team’s Best Rookie. This one was too close to call and also ended up in a tie! These two rookies are looking to be pillars down the middle of the lineup for seasons to come and have been nothing short of stellar in the locker room. This season’s Alonzo Garbonzo Award winners are…

@TheDangaZone & @Legend

This concludes this edition of the Carolina Kraken Team Awards. Thank you all for tuning in!

[Image: giphy.gif]

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

01-22-2020, 03:29 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I hereby give my share of my award to @ACapitalChicago. Well done! I voted for you for most underrated in the league. Truly a force to be reckoned with. I predict 60 points at least

What a coincidence, I'm doing the same for you! No one puts up consistent work all across the ice like you, gonna be great to see what we do this season!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Praise be to terry!

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

01-22-2020, 03:41 PMLegend Wrote:
01-22-2020, 03:22 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:

@TheDangaZone & @Legend

What a great reaction emote. Made me chuckle. Congrats on the award!

[Image: hudson.png]

Kraken Kraken Kraken

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 05:42 PM by PremierBromanov.)

01-22-2020, 03:53 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
01-22-2020, 03:29 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I hereby give my share of my award to @ACapitalChicago. Well done! I voted for you for most underrated in the league. Truly a force to be reckoned with. I predict 60 points at least

What a coincidence, I'm doing the same for you! No one puts up consistent work all across the ice like you, gonna be great to see what we do this season!

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 08:47 PM by RaginCajun.)

I would like to thank @FuzzSHL, @cpetrella, and @slothfacekilla for being some of the best damn management in the league and always answering questions, being friendly, and putting together an excellent locker room atmosphere that is a constant joy to check in with daily. Oh and leading a motley crew of rookies to a Four Star Cup but you know no big deal not like we repeated the feat.

@Z0REM for being such a great guy and I'm glad you are sticking around Carolina to talk and keep in touch with everyone. Going to miss you going up to the SHL but it will be a great to see what you can do in the big league.

@ACapitalChicago congrats on being captain it was a damn good choice and definitely my first choice for the role. It will be fun playing this last season with you and then going up to Calgary together. I am hoping we can make this a memorable season in the J.

@PremierBromanov congrats on the A and the other awards. Looking forward to see what we can make happen in this last season in Carolina.

@Fitted2106 You are absolutely the heart and soul of this team and I am hoping you stick around in the Carolina discord after you get called up because you absolutely kill me. I am excited to see what you can do in the bigs and having another playoff run with you is going to be worth the price of admission. Easily the MVP in my heart. Keep being the beacon of positivity you are.

To the rest of the new Kraken I'm excited to have you guys on board and it definitely feels nice to know it is leaving Carolina in good hands when the season ends. Definitely a really strong locker room we have established and I am hoping it continues on withthe strong positive atmosphere we have worked so hard to create. It is going to be a good couple of seasons for Carolina with the new blood they have coming in. And as we say in Carolina, FUCK THE PENALTYS TERRY BRADSHAWS GHOST WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY! Let's fucking go boys!

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Congrats y'all, love all my Kraken Kraken

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Best place in the world!

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

01-22-2020, 08:47 PMRaginCajun Wrote: I would like to thank @FuzzSHL, @cpetrella, and @slothfacekilla for being some of the best damn management in the league and always answering questions, being friendly, and putting together an excellent locker room atmosphere that is a constant joy to check in with daily. Oh and leading a motley crew of rookies to a Four Star Cup but you know no big deal not like we repeated the feat.

@Z0REM for being such a great guy and I'm glad you are sticking around Carolina to talk and keep in touch with everyone. Going to miss you going up to the SHL but it will be a great to see what you can do in the big league.

@ACapitalChicago congrats on being captain it was a damn good choice and definitely my first choice for the role. It will be fun playing this last season with you and then going up to Calgary together. I am hoping we can make this a memorable season in the J.

@PremierBromanov congrats on the A and the other awards. Looking forward to see what we can make happen in this last season in Carolina.

@Fitted2106 You are absolutely the heart and soul of this team and I am hoping you stick around in the Carolina discord after you get called up because you absolutely kill me. I am excited to see what you can do in the bigs and having another playoff run with you is going to be worth the price of admission. Easily the MVP in my heart. Keep being the beacon of positivity you are.

To the rest of the new Kraken I'm excited to have you guys on board and it definitely feels nice to know it is leaving Carolina in good hands when the season ends. Definitely a really strong locker room we have established and I am hoping it continues on withthe strong positive atmosphere we have worked so hard to create. It is going to be a good couple of seasons for Carolina with the new blood they have coming in. And as we say in Carolina, FUCK THE PENALTYS TERRY BRADSHAWS GHOST WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY! Let's fucking go boys!

Cheers

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG