Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

Written task: write 150+ words that relate to assembling a front office according to the guidelines below. You can make suggestions for all four positions, or focus on just one or two (or three), you can make a suggestion for a 5th position not listed below, or you can write about which of these positions you think you would personally be best at. 
Graphic task: Make an "executive card" - like a player card, but with an executive instead of a player. Should include an "action shot" of the executive and list their team and "position."

Your front office should be made up of real SHL users (past or present, they don't have to have any actual front office experience, and you may include yourself). For this task, we're using a 4-person front office team. Your front office should include:

A negotiator - this person should be able to attract free agents, make good trades, and re-sign existing players. This person is responsible for assembling the best possible roster and balancing the organization's budget. (other names: the CFO, the master baiter)

A strategist - this person is in charge of in-game tactics and strategy and should be able to advise players on their builds. This person is responsible for making sure the team is in the best position for success, both on a game-by-game basis and for a cup run. (other names: the COO, the coach)

A scout - this person is in charge of scouting and drafting prospects. This person is responsible for bringing in new talent and developing the prospects once they're drafted. (other names: the recruiter)

A clubhouse leader - more focused on intangibles, this person should be someone who players want to play for and who will get the most out of players. This person should be an inspiring figure who provides calm when times are tough and enthusiasm when they're not. (i just started the "other names" so i could make the master baiter joke for the first one)

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, April 12th at 11:59pm ET.
Welfare claims from either PBE or NSFL are accepted! (if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.)
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 04:33 PM by Rindiee.)

Usually I don't find PT's difficult but this one definitely took some thinking to come to conclusions on each position that I'd genuinely feel confident in running an SHL team, let's get right into it.

A negotiator - @WannabeFinn Idk if a lot of other GMs are morons but WBF always seems to get some good deals, and he's been building a solid team for quite a few seasons now, I'd trust him making negotiations for my organization. Honorable mention has to go to his Co-GM @Tomen, as I'm sure he has a part in these trades as well, and they're both great dudes.

A strategist - This is definitely a more difficult decision then the negotiator, as there's a lot of sweaty sim nerds who know what they're doing, however with the new engine all of that could potentially be thrown out the window. Because many are unproven I'm gonna with who I've seen first hand have experience with FHM and that's @SDCore Corey is always making necessary adjustments to ensure the teams success. Berserkers

A scout - Again, there's definitely some good options for this but I'm gonna go with my GM and say @JNH as ever since I've been apart of the team he is consistently bringing in a ton of talent from the draft. Considering we are coming into the season with the 2nd lowest total TPE in the SMJHL I like the position JNH has set us up to be in due to his scouting skills.

A clubhouse leader -Honestly I'm gonna go with myself here. I'm always a good motivator and like to have a good time with my teammates in the LR. There's definitely a lot of people fit for this position, but I think I'm pretty good at this personally.

honorable mention: dan got angry that he wasn't included and he makes a fair point, he's a top lad and has drafted some great prospects as of late. He's also active in the discord so gets the nod for being a good clubhouse leader, i'd say he's a good negotiator too, as the trade he made to acquire me was too ez. Is he a strategist tho? That's for you to determine. @dankoa

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

In a fantasy world of a fantasy League, I would think the best setup would be:

Negotiator: @FuzzSHL Fuzz always manages to find a way to make the numbers work, and sneaks deals in that pay off for years down the road. The guy has the skills that GMs are supposed to have in making the numbers work, but goes even further by making those skills work with some incredible luck.

Strategist: @Fitted2106 I will write Fitted2106 here as many times as it takes before the SHL forums create a working @ function. There is no man, woman, or child, who knows FHM or its systems better than Fitted. If there is one person who should be on a successful team deciding lines, it is Fitted.

Scout: @slothfacekilla Belongs here for their history as working as a scout, as well as their knowledge of the workings of the site as a whole. Not only being able to scout people and bring them to a room, sloth helps maintain an environment that builds players into their better selves.

Clubhouse Leader: @sve7en is a difficult pick here, because they easily belong in all four categories. Sve7en hits every base better than you could've ever asked for. They are determined, focused, and a rallying point no matter how difficult times may be. The prompt description of "inspiration" does not nearly do them justice.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 12:48 AM by Jobin.)

[Image: SSFcioP.png]
@leviadan Detroit Falcons Strategist

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 12:49 AM by JamesT.)

Code:
Write about which of these positions you think you would personally be best at.

I think the position in the front office that I would personally be the best at would have to be "Clubhouse leader". I'm active on the discord and especially in the  Blizzard locker room making sending positive vibes and posting when PT tasks are available to complete! 
I was never told to be the one who would post when PT tasks are up, but I took the initiative upon myself to let my teammates know when they can do the weekly PT, 3on3, Primetime, CW etc. The Discord is the main why my teammates and I communicate with one another and I believe that if we didn't have it our team wouldn't be as close and perform the way we do. I also am a big user of the emotes available on Discord as well and use those to spread the positive vibes in our locker room channel there.
These are some of the reasons I believe I would be a good "Clubhouse leader" and help keep the team morale high.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 01:33 AM by roastpuff.)

I think in this era of FHM Hockey, a strategist/lines coach/FHM guru role is important and almost indispensable. There are so many things that you need to deal with in terms of strategy at the FHM level that if you do not have somebody dedicated to that, your team could be tanked during their games. You need to deal with individual roles, line roles, shooting tendencies, playing tendencies, team roles and overall team strategy, to name some stuff. All of this directly impacts in game performance, and the compressed schedule doesn't help matters any. Over-reliance on one line will come back to bite you badly in FHM. @notorioustig and @golden_apricot are both great GMs/coaches/lines gurus that can tweak and massage the sim to provide the results that your team wants. It will be interesting to see these two guys deal with FHM and each other's tactics during this season.

A scout is also important for the future of the team, especially as it comes to picking players who remain active, and have a great chance of earning significant TPE. You want to make your draft picks count, especially those early ones that could pay big dividends, but you also want to be able to steal some gems in the later rounds with regards to picking underrated players. Digging deep and unearthing some gems could mean the difference between the Cup and falling short. @notorioustig and @nour clearly did their homework in the Reddit draft and picked with high accuracy, and focused their draft picks on the best players that they could get in the draft - deciding to load up in the early rounds in order to extract the most value.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Negotiator
 @nour. The guy bends other GMs over the table for fun. If he wants something, he's gonna get it. 

Scout
@notorioustig. The mastermind behind the current Falcons roster. Nobody knows how he managed to get so many active, TPE earning and awesome rookies in last seasons draft class, and it looks like all his picks for the current season are turning out winners as well. 

Strategist
@notorioustig and @nour are both very capable of juggling and optimizing our lines. @notorioustig helped us all with optimizing our builds. Not only did he make sure our builds would all, fit in our current roster, he also looked at making us all individually successful and useful in our SHL future. 

Clubhouse Leader
@sve7en is our clubhouse leader. He's currently trying to push us to work even harder by questioning our performance, and attributing it all to a weak schedule (I think he's right, we did play STL). He's a big jokester, and his last gag where he ranked us second in the power rankings was absolutely hilarious.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Man oh man do I have a fuckin SQUAD for this. Ok here we go:

Negotiator: @nour . Now you always want your negotiator to be irresistibly attractive so it gives you an edge in negotiations, and Nour is the perfect package for that. How else do you think he's managed to never lose a trade in his career? Other GMs lose at the very sight of him. He's both smart AND cute.

Strategist: @golden_apricot . Now this guy brings both the brains AND brawn to the table. While being jacked from his constant, nonstop gym grinding since the day he was able to walk, Apricot is a master strategist who is not only behind Anchorage's successes this season, but Detroit's too. That's how good he is.

Scout: @Boomcheck . This one is a slam dunk easy call. I'm not even sure Boom has to actually speak to the prospects; once a hopeful draftee sees the great CC2 approaching them for discussions, they'll be demanding to fall to your team faster than you can say "JODAN".

Clubhouse Leader: @Ferda . Big Wanger is ALWAYS down for a party; arguably moreso than he is for his job of playing hockey. If the team is playing well, Wanger will be making sure the lads are partying enough to enjoy it, and if the team is doing poorly he'll make sure the players are never sober enough to remember it.

Together, these four would easily assemble the greatest front office a team has ever seen.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

When thinking about my ideal front office, these two are where I would start:

When it comes to looking for your Negotiator GM, you want someone who has a good head for numbers, a keen eye for active players and a clear plan for the present and future of the franchise they run. @Acsolap, the current GM of the Anchorage Armada has all three in spades. He doesn’t care if he drafted you or you only committed after the draft, he will treat you with the respect you deserve as a player. He only asks that you are an active player, looking to win and be a key part of the team. He’s also able to put pieces around you to help you succeed such as a good coach.

Speaking of Coaches, @golden_apricot is the analytical brain of the team. When it comes to game by game analysis, strategy building and directing player training, he’s the man you should look to. He considers every factor from team need to player ambition when setting up development plans, wanting to set up the team to win each and every night. As we are just getting our feet wet in this new era of the SHL, he’s the man I would call on every time for advice and development plans

I'm gonna start with strategist so that I can make PT love to @golden_apricot for a minute here. If there's any words left at the end of this then maybe I'll talk about the rest of this front office staff. Apricot is the subject of Eugene Melnyk's wet dreams, I'm pretty sure he can assemble a winning strategy for any shmuck roster you could put together for minimum salary. The man was instrumental in the league conversion to FHM, and that's the kind of familiarity that you cannot gain from merely playing the game and running test sims. Anchorage has had an early jump on the season, and it comes down primarily to the strategic genius of Apricot. It will definitely pay off come playoff clinching.

I have a couple words left so it's time to mention @frithjofr for the Clubhouse Leader role of my front house, he's always good to spark some late night conversations to bond over.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 04:15 AM by jRuutu.)

A negotiator: Ace/Hotdog, the duo has built a strong New England roster by drafting and trading, I want some of that in my organization. I think Ace and Hotdog are the right people to handle the negotiator role, they have the experience and know what it takes.

A strategist:  aaronwilson, Winning fairly is second to me, I want to win no matter what it takes. Some automatically think cheating is ok, but if you limit yourself like that - you are not trying hard enough, so  A. Wilson is the right man for the job, he knows the grey areas of hockey.

A scout: WannabeFinn, I´m going to follow Europe heavily, so having a Team Finland coach run the scouting makes sense, he has a lot of connections to Finland especially, could find some hidden gems from there. I think Finnish players usually have a lot of the qualities I want from players, team-first type of players and good defensively.

A clubhouse leader: PenKnight, no such thing as bad press. PK and his strong opinions are a great way to get our organization out there, the stories coming out of the clubhouse would be leaked out on purpose to attract media attention. The actual clubhouse activities come second.

PT pass claim

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Negotiator: @WannabeFinn - You can't have the brains without the braun. The guy is the main negotiator and is a master at forming a strong team, while managing to stay under the cap. Along with the statistical knowledge from his boyfriend partner-in-crime Tomen, we'll eventually have every pick in a Reddit draft with them on the team. are responsible for assembling the powerhouse rosters that have won multiple Challenge Cups and have garnered the reputation of being some of the smartest traders in the entire league. My opinion of them is definitely not influenced by the fact that I received a 7 million dollar contract in my draft+1 year.

Strategist: @Tomen - Everyone knows about Tomen's dedication to finding the best strategy for the players that are put onto his roster. The man goes through hours of review and quadruple-checks his findings before putting them into full force. I would want a guy who is smart enough to formulate virtual simulations of our players and teams to the point where he is even capable of providing a percentage chance of us winning! Can you imagine putting us all into a system and having it spit out the chance of us winning? Unreal. The guy is all about dedication and winning and that's the type of person we'd need to organize our superteam.

Scout: @Gwdjohnson - The man, the myth, the legend, GONEWILD Johnson is a no brainer when for the scouting role because not only is he a prior RAT scout for FUCKING Vancouver instead of Anchorage, but he also boasts a lot about his knowledge of gender and race. Based upon how much I've heard about his ability to pick up on physical and verbal characteristics quickly, I am certain that Mr. Johnson would be able to only pick out the SUPERIOR players. :hypergabe:

Clubhouse Leader: @nour - We need a guy who is more ferda than Ferda himself and that guy is Nour Harrak. He keeps the boys together and active in each other's lives by organizing events such as movie nights, gaming sessions, team meals and even [Removed for Excessive Vulgarity] too. Not only that, but he also wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. The guy always puts his boys first and really understands how to bring an [Expletive] squad together. Would definitely let this man kiss chill with me.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Negotiator: I've never never had to negotiate a trade with @WannabeFinn but if that situation came up I would probably just not respond if he PMed me just to avoid losing the shirt on my back. I don't know how he does it but the only winning move is not to play.

Strategist: I think @DrunkenTeddy is well known for being an experienced user of FHM which is incredibly valuable right now but he's also been around the league in a number of different roles and knows exactly how to effectively draft both for need and BPA, develop, plan rosters, and keep a core together.

Scout: @nour has this weird sixth sense thing where he finds a rookie he thinks is going to be a stud and makes a big fuss about it. He's pretty well undefeated when he decides on a chosen one

Clubhouse leader: @Gwdjohnson god this guy never shuts up but he gives us plenty of ammo to mock him with so we love him anyway

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

04-06-2020, 06:08 AMFerda Wrote: Negotiator: @WannabeFinn - You can't have the brains without the braun. The guy is the main negotiator and is a master at forming a strong team, while managing to stay under the cap. Along with the statistical knowledge from his boyfriend partner-in-crime Tomen, we'll eventually have every pick in a Reddit draft with them on the team. are responsible for assembling the powerhouse rosters that have won multiple Challenge Cups and have garnered the reputation of being some of the smartest traders in the entire league. My opinion of them is definitely not influenced by the fact that I received a 7 million dollar contract in my draft+1 year.

Strategist: @Tomen - Everyone knows about Tomen's dedication to finding the best strategy for the players that are put onto his roster. The man goes through hours of review and quadruple-checks his findings before putting them into full force. I would want a guy who is smart enough to formulate virtual simulations of our players and teams to the point where he is even capable of providing a percentage chance of us winning! Can you imagine putting us all into a system and having it spit out the chance of us winning? Unreal. The guy is all about dedication and winning and that's the type of person we'd need to organize our superteam.

Scout: @Gwdjohnson - The man, the myth, the legend, GONEWILD Johnson is a no brainer when for the scouting role because not only is he a prior RAT scout for FUCKING Vancouver instead of Anchorage, but he also boasts a lot about his knowledge of gender and race. Based upon how much I've heard about his ability to pick up on physical and verbal characteristics quickly, I am certain that Mr. Johnson would be able to only pick out the SUPERIOR players. :hypergabe:

Clubhouse Leader: @nour - We need a guy who is more ferda than Ferda himself and that guy is Nour Harrak. He keeps the boys together and active in each other's lives by organizing events such as movie nights, gaming sessions, team meals and even [Removed for Excessive Vulgarity] too. Not only that, but he also wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. The guy always puts his boys first and really understands how to bring an [Expletive] squad together. Would definitely let this man kiss chill with me.

hey nour here thanks for the nice comments when can we kiss i mean chill i saw the last line and got really excited and was hoping we could kiss s i mean chill really soon aha

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**