Create Account

New Orleans Specters Punishment

This sends a pretty clear message that trying to follow the rules is a fools game, and we should all just start doing whatever the fuck we want and claiming "we didn't know the rules"

READ THE FUCKING RULEBOOK EVERYONE

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

is this for real?

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 10:53 AM by Fordyford.)

This is even worse when you consider that cheating in 1 game has knock on effects for the entirety of the playoffs because FHM

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

05-01-2020, 09:42 AMGrapehead Wrote: This sends a pretty clear message that trying to follow the rules is a fools game, and we should all just start doing whatever the fuck we want and claiming "we didn't know the rules"

It's amazing how they haven't created a quiz where GMs, Co-GMs, and Coaches must take and receive an 80% or higher before they are able to be allowed to preform that role.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Holy soft Batman

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

This is honestly an absolute fucking joke. Blatantly cheating in the playoffs gets you a softer punishment than using inappropriate language? NOLA straight up tried to exploit the lines in game 1, it didn't work, so they TRIED AGAIN in game 2? And GM's lose pay and a slight fine to cap next season? Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck LAP for following the rules, right? Although I guess the fun and enjoyment of the league doesn't matter for LAP players, because nobody likes us anyways, right @bluesfan55?

@JKortesi81 you've been awfully silent on the whole ordeal. As someone who was VERY vocally against HAM exploiting the sim (although technically not illegal), your own coaches have used lines that not only breaks the rules in two games but also provides a competitive advantage for the rest of the series and your response is, "oops, i didn't know, not a fan of it"?. I've always had a lot of respect for you man but the radio silence on this from both HO and NOLA management is disheartening. As GM you are responsible for the actions of your team. Step up and own it.

I guess the take-a-way from all this is that everybody should just save this strat for a game 7 and just take a slight slap on the wrist for it. Cause whats a couple mil in pay and 2m in cap compared to a cup?

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

05-01-2020, 11:06 AMMyLittleHexx Wrote:
05-01-2020, 09:42 AMGrapehead Wrote: This sends a pretty clear message that trying to follow the rules is a fools game, and we should all just start doing whatever the fuck we want and claiming "we didn't know the rules"

It's amazing how they haven't created a quiz where GMs, Co-GMs, and Coaches must take and receive an 80% or higher before they are able to be allowed to preform that role.

Oh man, I had a very similar idea before, to have a rulebook quiz for a PT task some week. It'd get big participation if it was a PT, and it would highlight the areas of the rules that there is the biggest confusion or misunderstanding of. A job suitability quiz isn't a bad idea though, to at the very least get rid of this ignorance defence.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

This reminds me an awful lot of when Calgary broke some rules that have been around forever, like their GMs have, and got away with a slap on the hand for saying “We didn’t know we couldn’t do that”

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

PS @SDCore I'm not suggesting impropriety but the discussion was raised so I'd just like to ask why there is no rule against participating in HO discussions about punishments for your own team (or at least there wasn't when i was there)

Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs

Also Nola definitely fucking knew it was against the rules, and even if they didn't it shouldn't affect the punishment. If the GMs don't know the rules, that makes it WORSE, not better, and the punishment should be worse because now they're admitting to being negligent as well as breaking rules.

05-01-2020, 11:14 AM39alaska39 Wrote: This reminds me an awful lot of when Calgary broke some rules that have been around forever, like their GMs have, and got away with a slap on the hand for saying “We didn’t know we couldn’t do that”

Hey come to my team. Oh oops, didn't know that tampering was against the rules, I'll take my 500k punishment now

Honestly if you're claiming that you didn't know it was against the rules, you shouldn't be a GM or in a role of power

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

I got 336M I could lose 2M of GM pay.... hmmmm

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

05-01-2020, 11:21 AMWasty Wrote: I got 336M I could lose 2M of GM pay.... hmmmm
GM pay is 4m now bro we eating

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-01-2020, 11:10 AMJT3 Wrote: @JKortesi81 you've been awfully silent on the whole ordeal. As someone who was VERY vocally against HAM exploiting the sim (although technically not illegal), your own coaches have used lines that not only breaks the rules in two games but also provides a competitive advantage for the rest of the series and your response is, "oops, i didn't know, not a fan of it"?.  I've always had a lot of respect for you man but the radio silence on this from both HO and NOLA management is disheartening. As GM you are responsible for the actions of your team. Step up and own it.

This is the thing that bothers me the most. Not only was he a huge opponent of the STHS sim exploitation, he styled himself as one of the league's most dedicated and effective test simmers since long before I got here. I don't believe for a single second that someone with that background would pass off all coaching and not even look at the finalized lines, especially before a playoff game. It's a very disappointing attitude from a site leader.

This is a real bummer. I can tell you that I was and still am super pumped about this season's playoffs. We, the Panthers, have worked really hard the past few seasons to get where we are today and to have it derailed by blatant cheating is a tough pill to swallow. Look, you can say you didn't know, but in a world where it's your responsibility to know that excuse is inexcusable.

#Justice4LAP

Panthers

[Image: p82ugau.png]