Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union

I just wanna say thank you for the Twitter changes. I detested the old system and wasn't ever going to do it and now it is pretty nice to earn a little bit of extra $$$

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

01-21-2021, 09:25 AMbbp Wrote:
01-20-2021, 10:21 PMfishy Wrote: The people making the index always need extra hands, maybe you could volunteer your time and help them out instead of wasting everybody else’s time bitching about it?

FUN FACT THINGS ONLY CHANGE BECAUSE PEOPLE BITCH

Bitching isn’t going to help the fact that there’s 3-4 people working on the index and they all also have their own life to deal with. One is an adult with a wife, kids, a job, and keeps this site running for you all. One is one of the most dedicated people on this site keeping everything history related up to date, all while going to college. The third one had 2 internships during college and wasn’t able to help much, which is what it is.

I agree, bitching helps get things done but there’s also a threshold of work that 3-4 busy people can do. So instead of bitching about everything surrounding the index, why don’t you do something proactive and try to help the building of the index. Bitching is only worth shit if you’ve done everything you can and nothing has changed, and since there’s been only 4 people maximum helping in 5 months, I don’t think everything has been done to the point where bitching is deserved

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

01-21-2021, 09:53 AMdmills3 Wrote:
01-21-2021, 09:25 AMbbp Wrote: FUN FACT THINGS ONLY CHANGE BECAUSE PEOPLE BITCH

Bitching isn’t going to help the fact that there’s 3-4 people working on the index and they all also have their own life to deal with. One is an adult with a wife, kids, a job, and keeps this site running for you all. One is one of the most dedicated people on this site keeping everything history related up to date, all while going to college. The third one had 2 internships during college and wasn’t able to help much, which is what it is.

I agree, bitching helps get things done but there’s also a threshold of work that 3-4 busy people can do. So instead of bitching about everything surrounding the index, why don’t you do something proactive and try to help the building of the index. Bitching is only worth shit if you’ve done everything you can and nothing has changed, and since there’s been only 4 people maximum helping in 5 months, I don’t think everything has been done to the point where bitching is deserved

Maybe people should realize he was asking for an update not asking to have 10 children jump down his throat for making a completely valid point.

[Image: livius.gif]

I would really like to know if the people bitching about the index have even an ounce of an idea what goes into making it and why it's going so slow...because it sure as fuck isn't something you can make magically appear at a snap of your fingers, and on top of that it's a thing that requires quite a bit of information that not a lot of us even have. You can't just will it into existence with good thoughts and warm food, maybe there is a reason why it's taking so long lol.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

01-21-2021, 09:58 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I would really like to know if the people bitching about the index have even an ounce of an idea what goes into making it and why it's going so slow...because it sure as fuck isn't something you can make magically appear at a snap of your fingers, and on top of that it's a thing that requires quite a bit of information that not a lot of us even have. You can't just will it into existence with good thoughts and warm food, maybe there is a reason why it's taking so long lol.

Does that mean that updates shouldn't be given?

No. Again people are taking this all personally when it was a valid comment.

Get over yourselves Smile

[Image: livius.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 10:10 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

01-21-2021, 09:53 AMdmills3 Wrote:
01-21-2021, 09:25 AMbbp Wrote: FUN FACT THINGS ONLY CHANGE BECAUSE PEOPLE BITCH

The thing is that a good index should've ideally already been ready before we made the switch over to FHM so we didn't have this problem with people having a rough time seeing specific games, but sadly certain teams had to look for exploits and then use them, so the move had to be rushed. It is what it is.

Trying to follow anything but your players overall stats and the teams record is bad now if you dont go on youtube. I'm looking forward to the new index, i think it looked amazing from the post a couple weeks(months?) back. I wish i could help personally but i have no knowledge in anything that has to do with coding.

Also i'm convinced that Sim leagues make peoples brains stop developing, sure Slappy came in very hot but yall(not u specifically) dont have to pile on shit on him for it, half this thread now has been jumping on him. We got the picture after the first couple of replies.

01-20-2021, 11:18 PMLime Wrote: see this is why discord is so important because you can block people

i gotta keep reading this shit

No Lime u dont, u can put people on ignore on the site, it's a great feature!

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Thanks for the updates! Good progress happening.

The suggested MIlestones change is interesting; I hadn't thought about adding it to training camps, but I think that could be a good step in response to the trends we're seeing. I've been intrigued by the idea of building it into Championship Week, but I haven't seen a fully flushed out idea for that. Would be intrigued to see more!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

01-21-2021, 09:58 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: I would really like to know if the people bitching about the index have even an ounce of an idea what goes into making it and why it's going so slow...because it sure as fuck isn't something you can make magically appear at a snap of your fingers, and on top of that it's a thing that requires quite a bit of information that not a lot of us even have. You can't just will it into existence with good thoughts and warm food, maybe there is a reason why it's taking so long lol.
you must have missed my post coa... index TOMORROW. i had to intervene.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

It's not just the front end display that has to be coded, either. Frankly, even getting to those early mockups would be small potatoes compared to what'll go into the back end- player statistics, game data, how to efficiently and easily update the db based on the sim results, etc. The new bank, the bojo box, the fantasy sheet, even the forum move and sim move are all miniscule compared to the time required for this project.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

01-21-2021, 10:09 AMhhh81 Wrote: Thanks for the updates! Good progress happening.

The suggested MIlestones change is interesting; I hadn't thought about adding it to training camps, but I think that could be a good step in response to the trends we're seeing. I've been intrigued by the idea of building it into Championship Week, but I haven't seen a fully flushed out idea for that. Would be intrigued to see more!

I liked the whole idea that was thrown around where you could skip a CW task or two if u got enough milestones, mainly because i hate doing the work, tho admittedly it's only like 25-30 min every season so whatever is decided on is fine by me, lol

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

01-21-2021, 10:01 AMbbp Wrote: No. Again people are taking this all personally when it was a valid comment.

Sent in a completely unnecessarily hostile tone. The fuck you expect? Roses or a heroes medal? No, people are going to fucking clown on you if you are a clown.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

01-21-2021, 10:05 AMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
01-20-2021, 11:18 PMLime Wrote: see this is why discord is so important because you can block people

i gotta keep reading this shit

No Lime u dont, u can put people on ignore on the site, it's a great feature!

Can confirm.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I think the issue was more with slappys tone than his actual question. All slappy had to ask was what's the progress of the index? And I bet he wouldnt get any of the backlash.

Slappy definitely didn't need to be so aggressive, but he does have a legitimate gripe and there have been other suggestions to make minor improvements in the meantime while we wait for a better index. People are posting screenshots of box scores in discords, why not make that a site job so that we can actually see that on the site? I don't bother to follow the playoffs right now because I don't watch streams and there isn't a good way to see the results on the site.

Another issue is the lack of clear communication about the progress. It's a community run site and we should of course have patience, but it can be frustrating when the users are left in the dark about what's going on. Luke's commentary on the challenges probably should've just been included in Nour's initial post.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

01-21-2021, 10:36 AMHallsy Wrote: I think the issue was more with slappys tone than his actual question. All slappy had to ask was what's the progress of the index? And I bet he wouldnt get any of the backlash.

Again, I do think he out of line in his approach to the issue. Some people calling him on out that is to be expected. Three pages of memes and jokes about how many hours people have podcasted doesn't solve anything, though, and it certainly doesn't help with building an index.

There's responding to someone and explaining why they are out of line, and then there's being a jagoff. This conversation clearly crossed that line, imo, but it will get a pass because "he asked for it" or whatever.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page