Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

ISFL PT

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

I think that for sure th ebiggest storyline this season has to be the rise of the Toronto North Stars. For a long time they have been at the bottom of the Great Lakes division, always beaten and battered by the 3 other big teams in their division, which would be Chicago, Hamilton and Buffalo, they are finally at the point where they can start striking back. Looking at the previous seasons it is not even as if Toronto has had very bad teams. It is just that Buffalo, Chicago and Hamilton have just been so dominant for an extended period of time. Now that Toronto finally have the skill to compete properly with the other 3, it turns the Great lakes division into something more ridiculous than it already was. Every team in that division has a chance to win, and none really have more of a leg up on any of the others. Props to Toronto for their perseverance and joining the big dogs in that division

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

There's realistically a few options for the story of the season, right? And it's all over the place, so let's dig in:

First off, Toronto -- wow. I've been saying for a while that they're about to be lighting the world on fire, and wrote articles talking about how they are the perfectly built team. This is the epitome of GMing in this league and making their way to their first playoff appearance in FHM and being a legitimate contender from the get go is astounding. We all know the Great Lakes is hell incarnate, and they're proving that if you keep pushing up, you can eventually get through the flames into at least purgatory.

Secondly, New Orleans, I mean who can say they expected this? Well actually, quite a few people have. However, it's still so odd to see them in a battle with San Francisco over what is effectively last place in the league, and losing it. New Orleans has never missed the playoffs, and in a battle of rebuilding teams for the third spot in their division, it looked like they may have just been able to manage it. They still could, with an easier strength of schedule than San Francisco down the stretch, but it sure is a fascinating story to see them struggling for the first time ever.

And finally, what is happening in the northwest? Minnesota, sure they're fine, but after Seattle bought and brought in Reid Sutherland and Gabe Johnson it looked like they were primed to push and challenge Winnipeg for the third spot in the division. Minnesota made a call up and brought in Johnny Shuffleboard, but those are more long term moves than Seattle made. Of course, Seattle is plagued by the worst luck in the league it seems while Minnesota is seemingly getting the bounces their way. Everything could flip on it's head fairly quickly, so this is probably the best one to watch as we go along.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

What an existential nightmare it is to exist in the Great Lakes division. It seems like there are 4 different teams that could reasonably contend for the cup. It feels like all those teams just cannibalize themselves and you just constantly see the teams who have to exist there being frustrated at how cut throat the division is. It feels like no team can afford to go on a losing streak and stay competitive in the standings. Personally I think that this is a storyline that just continues to go on indefinitely as the seasons go on. Because every team might be currently succeeding on aging super stars but they've all got a new elite prospect to build around. And now Toronto is coming into power and they aren't going to be going anywhere any time soon. Liam Slate is going to lead that team to great success one day and the division will continue to be difficult to compete in. No matter how you look at it the great lakes is painful.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

The biggest storyline for me personally is how well my player has been performing in their rookie season. I know there's major shakeups with Toronto playing out of their mind and the overcrowded skill in that division in general but playing in the West it's not something I'm really looking at that closely. Coming in as a rookie with around 800 TPE I wasn't expecting any point production and mediocre defensive play even with focusing on that to start with. I think it helped a lot I tried to round out my build to be responsibly defensively in the SMJHL as that made the moves needed to get up my attributes moving into the SHL much smoother. What makes me feel like my rookie campaign is a story worth following is how my play compares to my rookie peers. Looking over it and I'm near the top of the class in points, but I'm also miles ahead in my +/- rating then anyone else I could see and my play defensively is arguably the best rounded against my rookie defensemen peers. I'm working with a .5 PPG average, +28 rating along with 29 hits, 27 blocked shots and 11 takeaways to 4 giveaways. If I can keep up that kind of play or even improve on it at all I feel it's completely warranted that I'll be in the running for ROTY and considering where I fell in the SMJHL draft and being a later first round pick into the SHL it would be a surprising entry on that ballot considering how little fanfare I generated coming up through the leagues.

Word Count: 270

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

[Image: 58e1145b0bf867b5ebc541e2ee6c732f.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I think one of the bigger storylines this season is the goals allowed average battle between the Chicago Syndicate starting goalie Tibuk Soonika and the Buffalo Stampede starting goalie Elizabeth Doyle. Both of the goalies are competing for most minutes played in the league and are being heavily relied upon by their teams to reduce the team goals allowed numbers to some of the lowest in the league (aside from the Texas Renegades). The two starting goalies currently have a 2.12 GAA each, but with a significant difference between their minutes and shots against. Tibuk Soonika has faced less shots and earned more shutouts, a testament to the defense on his team as much as to his own skill. Elizabeth Doyle has faced more shots, though has also played more minutes and games. Her team is less stingy than Tibuk's, but that shouldn't discredit the work she has to put in as the most heavily used starting goalie in the league so far, and all while maintaining for such a low GAA.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Welcome back to another Knightly News article. The biggest story so far this season is the growth of Roboute Guilliman. This man went from just a sub par rookie season to taking the league by storm. And not by scoring a ton of goals. This man has been doing work setting his teammates up for success with 15 assists this season. There was even a game that he racked up 4 big apples. And his defense has been great. Plenty of blocked shots and a great faceoff win percentage. We cant wait to see what happens when this guy starts getting puck in the back of the net while also supporting his team. With this being only his second season in the league we cant wait to see what happens and im sure those up at Baltimore are excited to see the growth of this player. He is really growing into the reliable player that he is striving to be.

[Image: 63526_s.gif]
[Image: pxjucze.png]          [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: wW0VNnL.png]         [Image: vjZu62e.png]

Only one I can think of without explicitly copying other people's posts would be the adventure of the Aurora on trying to go all the way in their first season under the new name but that's just a big deal for folks like myself, I reckon?

Going far on the team's first season as the Aurora would be a good sign for the future, which newer squads can then hopefully build upon for consideration, if not domination down the line, like the team should be doing at some point.

That and the new name, colours and logos were the reason Yoshi didn't retire from the team yet, choosing to go for a final run before going away to do questionable ninja things in the background like you would think he'd do. So it feels like a good moment for him to be really good in some way or shape.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Biggest storyline of the season so far? Well, I could talk about Toronto's surprising rise in a stacked Great Lakes Division, but I'm pretty sure that's already been reviewed at nauseum in this thread, so I'm going to give some love to my boys in Texas. 32 wins, 4 losses; let that sink in for a second. You can make all the arguments you want about a "easy" schedule, but there is no such thing in this league & the numbers for this team so far this season are just absolutely bonkers! Not only is their win-loss record beyond impressive, but how they're getting there is unbelievable. In 36 games, they have a total goal differential of +97. Yes, you read that right. With their league leading 168 goals scored & 71 goals allowed, they're outscoring their opponents by about 2.7 goals per game & that includes their handful of losses. In their 32 wins, they've outscored their opponents by a total of 109, so 3.4 per game. TL;DR Renes are on another level right now.

(184 words)

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

The biggest storyline this season in my opinion is that of the Toronto North Stars being number one in the league. I honestly thought that, no offense, Toronto would be forever mediocre because of being in the Great Lakes Division, and believe me I wanted to see them be #1. So look at my surprise when Toronto really put the petal to the metal this season and sees them siting above Hamilton in the standings and leading the Great Lakes.
I honestly do see this continuing, as I think my friend Carpy can really help hold the fort down, and his team is really complimenting him nicely. Kudos to the management team for getting the ship right on track, and my bold prediction is Toronto finally wins the cup at the end of this season. Overall, I hope I am right in seeing Toronto continue this trajectory, and changing the shape of the great lakes finally.

(156 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I think this season's biggest storyline is easily the Great Lakes playoff race. Due to the silly 12 team playoff format we have, one of the Great Lakes team is guaranteed to miss. It's huge this season because every team in the division is ahead of every team in the other East division. At the time of writing last place Chicago is four points ahead of first place Manhattan. It was also a point of contention last season when Toronto was 5th in the conference and 10th in league. This is a storyline that will go on for a few more seasons unless there are changes to the playoff structure. However for this season it's going to be exceptionally tight and go down to the last few games of the season. There's been mentioning of the last place Great Lakes team having 96 points to end the season. If that's the case we could be seeing a historic SHL moment with the greatest team to not make playoffs due to an arbitrary cutoff.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

This season has one major change in it that I have never seen during my time in the SHL. Looking at the current standings you will find the Toronto North Stars tied for the lead in the eastern conference. For me, this is a first. Since joining the league, the North Stars have been at the lower end of the standings each and every season. I remember my draft season and watching my SMJHL teammate from the St. Louis Scarecrows, Mika Kandinsky, get selected tenth overall by the Toronto North Stars. They were in the midst of a rebuild that seemed to take a very long while to get go. Now, the North Stars drafting and planning is finally bearing fruit. This is great to see for me and my player, since in New Orleans, we are currently in a re-tool and seeing the North Stars playing some of the best hockey in the league gives me even more hope for the next few seasons, it seems to be lining up perfectly for us in New Orleans. We will be back on top in no time and Lyle should still be able to be a big part of that.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada