Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

Now I know that buffalo gets memed on for being toxic and what not, but honestly Luffy would have ceased to exists a long time if not for his community of friends and family he has made along the way. Basically each and every member of the buffalo stampede in one way or another has become an integral part of luffys life and journey here in the SHL. The bonds we have formed are one of the strongest he has ever had and he is lucky to call all of these individuals his teammates and family. It's hard to think of loss when you are young, but it sneaks up on you quickly as you get older and it makes your realize how thankful you should be when thinking of people close to you because that could be all gone within an instant. It's really great to take a second and soak in everything one has and appreciate the great people that surround us!

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I've had three players during my long tenure in the SHL, so I figure I'll highlight one user from each of these different journeys. First, Maxy was a large reason I stayed active when I was going through juniors with my first player. He's long since left the league, but he was the leader of the Anaheim locker room back in S2 and helped make that team so enjoyable, even with a semi-active gm. With my next player Kristian Eriksson, I was fortunate enough to be in a couple of great LRs in Kelowna and Toronto, and Count Chocula was right there for nearly every step of the journey. Unfortunately we weren't able to win a cup together, but hopefully we'll get another shot at it sometime in the future. Lastly, I want to shoutout Leoben, who I've had the privilege of sharing the Texas LR with for several seasons now. I'm glad you've decided to stick with Kubinec for a couple more seasons.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

07-10-2021, 12:03 PMGoonerBear Wrote: Here's as good a time as any to name-drop people I appreciate from the time I first signed up more than three years ago until now.

@FourFour - my first GM back in the days of the Halifax Raiders. His welcoming spirit in the LR helped get me settled into the league way back in the ancient times of March 2018.

@TheDangaZone - my GM in my second season in the J. Thank you for naming me Alternate Captain, smoothing the transition, and being a good GM.

@adamantium - I think you were GM in my brief stint in VAN in S41 after the Trade Deadline. Thanks for the run. Sucks we didn't get it done.

@JayWhy - From the time I was drafted, this guy made me immediately welcome in the LR. His energy for the game, his tactical knowledge, his willingness to develop when the team was young and push when the team was primed for a Cup run, and his ultimate goal of building a team first and letting the simulation hockey take care of itself once his hand came off...it was a combination that kept me in the game and made me want to go in hard for him. I'm grateful he set me up as captain early on in MacIntyre's career, and was the most jubilant when I came back from my inactive period. I don't know that we could have been any happier when, three months later, we won the Challenge Cup. At the very least, MacIntyre had that notch in his belt. And he's been optimistic even through rougher periods and rough postseason exits. He offered me to stay on as long as I could keep MacIntyre around, though the way things are breaking, this is a good time to set him down. The Rage are going to be a great team. And I should know - they were the last time you started a rebuild with me, and here we go again.

@GeckoeyGecko - A very capable co-GM before taking on leadership in his own right, a wonderful companion, and a very respectable rival when he went off to San Francisco and we clashed in the S52 Challenge Cup Finals. A user like him is someone quite special. While a good head leader is needed, a good man behind that leader is just as vital, and he delivered that when he was in the LR. When he left, we still kept it cool. He was a very fun GM as well while we were running active D&D campaigns in the MAN LR. I'm happier for having gotten to know him.

@luketd - Also a capable leader and a user I would love to meet and get a beer with someday (when COVID isn't going to run rampant in the bar). Luke has been solid support for the team as well, a centerpoint in the heyday of our playing careers. I was thrilled he got his own team with the Philadelphia Forge and I'm excited to see where you take them.

@boom - GM a few seasons ago when I recreated and you brought me on as a DFA in Vancouver, if I remember right. Loved the brief stint there, still enjoy dropping in now and then, thanks for the start.

@Nhamlet - current Zerkers GM, loving it in Newfoundland and loving how you've been building the team and supporting our development. The enthusiasm is infectious and the emotions that run high and low start with you and carry on through other leaders in our team.

There are several more, though I'll have to stop here for the time being.
<3

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 03:53 PM by Rancidbudgie.)

Always a good topic to name-drop those who have eaten the site an amazing place for me!

First off to @JKortesi81, who got me into this whole mess in the first place! You took a chance on me, and were an amazing person to show the new players the ropes. Your patience and dedication to us rookies was never unnoticed, and I'm always thankful for it.

Next to @Capt_Blitzkrieg , @EricNCSU , and @TheSparkyDee for making the St. Louis LR an awesome space to hang out in. Always on top of things and putting the people in the LR as top priority is how the site stays strong, and it was so important that you all value that the way you do.

Another big shout out to @Thatguy91 and @AgentSmith630
Antonescu is my first player to make it to the big leagues while I'm active, and you guys are a big reason for that. The SFP LR is thriving with activity, and you have been hands-on all processes, working to cultivate a strong culture. I appreciate everyone in the Pride family checking in with me, especially while I've been a lot less active than usual concerning these wildfires where I'm at. Much love to you all!

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 04:07 PM by JKortesi81.)

150 words isn’t fair. When you spend almost 5 real life years in a place, you make some EXTREMELY close connections and friendships. There’s absolutely no way I hit everybody, and I’m sorry.

@TheDangaZone – you’ve been here since damn near the very beginning. It’s still amazing I went to your wedding, and got to meet you in real life. You’re a tremendous person who I can always count on.

Since I’m in the “old Specters who are now Panthers” zone, let’s continue:

@FuzzSHL - <3 There’s something about awesome GMs named Joe. I’m so proud of who you’ve become as a GM and a leader on this website. There was always something special about you, and you’re really showing everyone else what it is. Keep up being fantastic. I love our late night chats still.

@slothfacekilla – you gifted me nitro just so I could do the spooky dance so many times. You’re such a lovely soul who truly makes the world a better place. Thank you for that.

Okay, onto the assorted Specters:

@Nictox – you’re always there with good advice or telling me not to be crazy. You’re such a good friend, and if overdoo wasn’t such a stud, I’m not sure id have been able to replace 70% of what you brought to the table as a co-GM. Overdoo covers 70.4%.

Speaking of @overdoo – I couldn’t want someone to get a J expansion team less, just because I don’t want you to go. Clearly, my letter of rec suggests that I *Do* want you to get one too, so I’m quite conflicted. ?

@SlashACM – Thanks for this PT. And for your help with lines. And for being just wonderful with everything else you do for me.

@Huck24 – you literally could go anywhere in the SHL to play and chase cups, but you specifically choose to stay in New Orleans to see the rebuild through. I can’t explain how much that really means to me. Most people would bail. Hell, most have. But not you. Thank you.

@frithjofr – Your comeback this season has made things even more fun. I’m so glad you’re semi-back in the league and I’m so happy for how successful you’re doing in real life too.

@Arkz @Amidships @leafs1997 @Pythonic @ckroyal92 @Wasty @Asked Madden @zaynzk @Mooty99 And all the rest because I’m old and keep forgetting everyone – We’re building something really special in New Orleans. This is the best group of people to go through this with, and each season from here on out is going to get more and more exciting with every win, every callup, and every milestone we achieve together. Let’s Get Spooky. (439)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=335403 affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

As with a lot of other users there are a lot of people to appreciate. A lot who I have previously expressed appreciation for as well, so with this iteration of the task I want to thank 3 groups of people: Head Office, Site Owners, and people who have donated their time, skills or money to help make the site run, and implement improvements. Without these groups we would not have this community that we love where we can come and shit talk each other / teams, reffs or the NHL in general.
A lot of time and effort goes into making sure the playing field is flattened, and that comes from strong leadership. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart to the site owners who oversee the running of the league, infrastructure and top of the pyramid stuff, the Head Office who make sure everything moves smoothly day to day, and all the members who have contributed what they can. The development can't have been paid for even at minimum wage with the work needed, and money going to keep the site operational and functioning, because hosting isn't free.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

I can't say I made close friends through the SHL but since joining the website in 2017, I was able to share locker rooms with a lot of great people who made my experience fun and kept me on staying around. First of all, I wouldn't be typing this PT without my first 2 SMJHL GMs incite and toe who took the time to explain me how things work. They created a really active dressing room and it was always fun reading the 100+ mess logging in day after day my rookie season. My SHL experience wasn't the greatest with Toronto but a trade to Seattle really got me a 2nd boost when I thought about just going inactive. JSS just took over Seattle and they were starting a complete rebuild. There was like 4 of us still active and as stupid as it sound, it forced me to be more proactive on discord. Still to this day my favorite time. More recently, I took my time to choose an IIFHL team and couldn't be more happy about picking Switzerland. Segi and bluesfan are doing an amazing job keeping things active even outside the tournament.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

This time I'd like to extend my appreciation to our war room. Without whom I probably would've fallen apart already. Taking on the GM gig wasn't necessarily planned when I joined, and it was a lot to take on all of a sudden. But having a handful of friends to help me keep track of everything did a lot for me. It's still a quite stressful job. I probably make it more stressful than it has to be. And I'm happy to be able to throw my thoughts into our war room to get feedback from others to make sure I don't do anything too crazy. Many drafts would've been complete disasters had I not been able to receive help during scouting and ranking draftees. Even on draft day itself those who were able have joined me in voice chat to talk strategy as the draft went on. It's like having multiple co-GMs all at once. Unfortunately I can't pay them all, but I greatly appreciate them.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Oh boy, first my post where I retired as Dallas GM in the ISFL, then the appreciation post there and now this. I think I could use the ISFL Offseason one as an affiliate but I would feel bad, this league calls for its own appreciation post even if there is some overlap going on.

First of all I appreciate the heck out of the people who got me into this league in the first place. @Kyamprac first mentioned the SHL to me, @enigmatic for pushing on and getting me to join. And all the other Dallas people from the ISFL who joined in the same season with me and made it instantly feel like a known place to be where I felt like being home: @Amidships, @Rev, @Asked Madden, @inverted, @zaynzk.

To @Capt_Blitzkrieg who took me on in St. Lois as a UDFA and made me experience what locker rooms are like here and then, of course, all the peeps from Carolina who drafted me and made me on of their own: @Gumbaman, @overdoo, @sve7en, @Mazatt, @FuzzSHL, @TheDangaZone I can already say I formed something like friendships in here that cross-pollinated over to the ISFL at some point. Thanks for taking me under your wing and I loved the seasons we had together in Carolina and will have in the future. To the other arrivals on Carolina, it's great to have you on the team @Canadice, @wumaduce, @Blasoon, and all the people I forget.

And then my SHL team Tampa Bay. Thanks for getting me where you got me @hockeyiscool, @trella and all the management over there. I hope to spend many seasons with you all on the way to a successful future. And my lovely (former and current) teammates over there of course too, @Muford, @TomHanks, @rum_ham, @Jericson, @Fitted2106, @PremierBromanov, @FlappyGiraffe, @Rangers and you too @Pingy Pingu.

And all the other people I met and got to spend some time in this league outside of my teams one way or another like @JKortesi81, @DrunkenTeddy, @Muerto and a final appreciation for everyone that I forgot to mention and I am sure there are some as always!

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

I appreciate:

The people who run this league. I wish I had more time to invest in it, but between work and my home life I can't, and I recognize how much work and sacrifice goes into keeping this community running. The amount of hours that goes into running all of this has to take up a considerable amount of time and even some money. 

The people who run the teams. Again, they take time to do this and I know it is a hobby for them and they enjoy it, but nonetheless they have my thanks.

The people who run all the ancillary stuff that makes the league even more complete, like those who create these player progression tasks, the all star teams, the off season world tournaments, the awards, everything. 

Lastly, I appreciate the wonderful people who fix my mistakes in the updates. I love you very much, and I swear I try not to screw up so much.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

There are so many people I want to thank, being a first gen I knew absolutely no one on this site. It didn't take long for me to meet so many new friends & I think it would take me a long time to list them all. I also do not want to forget anyone but I first am thankful for all my Colorado Raptors teammates. my first experience on the site. They took a chance on me before they even knew me and that might be the only reason I am still here today. Next I want to thank all my Toronto teammates, ML traded for me right as the rebuild was going on and honestly that saved my SHL career, it gave me motivation to keep earning and with playing time open. Team Sweden teammates are another group I would be remiss if I missed them; they are some on the nicest people and the most welcoming! Finally, my new Philly teammates; we are just a bunch of misfits and I have had a blast getting to know them all.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

The first time around, getting drafted by Halifax and then New England, I made a lot of great friends that I still talk to today. I would even say that I made a lot of good friends the second go around getting drafted by Anchorage and then Los Angeles. I knew most of Los Angeles when I was drafted there since I finished my first career there. A lot of these friends are no longer active in the SHL, so we keep up talking about sports, life events, and video games. The SHL is as great as any place for meeting folks from different parts of the world and connecting with them over this fake hockey and eventually more interests/hobbies. I’m stoked for my friendships to develop, but I really appreciate those from the early days. They seem to endure the test of time and I have too many to list/don’t want to leave anyone important out. I appreciate y’all, that’s the PT.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 11:14 PM by Jorec.)

I've been a member of this league since season five and you'd expect one to have made some friends if you're on a site for around a decade but I don't really do that really. At best, I'd say I make acquaintances with folks, keeping a 'professional' distance between myself and others. In much the same manner as you might politely chat with your fellow co-workers at work, I'm happy to chat with anyone but rarely does it go more than skin deep.

That being said, I've had the privilege of being a member of a lot of fantastic teams and I've always been stoked to be a part of a great locker room. To that end, I've really enjoyed being in the locker room with Merica, Kez, Mook, Toast, Maxy, Buster and Krashwagon. There are a lot of people I could name actually. I only stick with a team long term if I like the folks I'm hanging out with and I've tended to stick with teams long term because of the great folks that are on the teams I join.

182 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)