Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Prompt 2

Well, a defensive defenseman that is mostly underrated by the league but loved by the team's fans? Check that one. A juniors GM that had one fun cinderella run to the finals? Check that one too. This player, I genuinely want to make it as big as possible. Get some individual awards for him, or at least noms, get him as close to the HOF as possible, and fight myself to get as much TPE for him as possible. As a GM? I don't know that I ever set any real targets. I want to be a good GM, I guess. Someone who won't have a reputation of "wow him, he sucked so bad lol" everytime he gets mentioned. That's really all I want. It can mean a lot of things, really, since a good GM can have many shapes, but obviously in SHL the main metric we value are won cups, which is obviously a thing I would love, but well, let's see how that one goes, really.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 08:08 PM by r0tzbua.)

Prompt 1

So this is an old story. But I will not take the drink. The idea of being in the Hall of Fame is great and all (would be surprising seeing how much I actually suck but still, very intriguing), but I decided a long time ago as a principle to never drink bottles that had their label ripped off ever again. To the backstory: In Austria we have mandatory army service. And when you do Army things you are issued a rifle. This rifle usually gets dirty which means it has to be cleaned. You with me until now? Okay, great because let me tell you that gun oil in the Army (which you apply after cleaning your rifle, the rule is: Clean, dry and lightly oiled) does not come in small cans or bottles that someone buys and gives their soldiers. No it comes in big damn canisters. So what do soldiers get? A bottle with gun oil where someone put this gun oil into a previously used drinking bottle for pop. This one was a bottle of Ice Tea that someone finished. And it was a clear plastic bottle. Finn loves Ice Tea, so he always had a bottle of ice tea. And he is also a very nervous person so he rips off labels off of bottles. So one day he was cleaning his rifle. A bottle of ice tea next to him. And his rooms' bottle of gun oil on the other side. I will let you use your imagination to decide what happened next. This is the reason I will never ever drink from a bottle with a ripped off label ever again.

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

In the Tampa Bay locker room Michael fitted does a lot of drugs and that's because he doesn't give a fuck and neither does Trella cause we're out here carrying hammers and do it that big shit dog fuck around and find out. There was never a doubt in my mind that I would do TRT bagherwin and smoke crack rocks because who the fuck's coming at me hungry. I know star face don't want no rap battle fucking pussy ass bitch he don't want shit and be there does the rest of the league cause they don't want to notice dog real talk I aint fucking with your job bitches. And while I'm about it you know what fuck Bo Cain fuck Colorado fuck whoever except Carolina because that's my dog jaw I fucking around with your pussy's. Motherfucker said that boob was the hardest around here boy come and get wrecked by the horror that is Michael fitted. Have you ever seen me and God in the same place?

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

I would 100% drink the drink. What's better than working hard and earning a place in the Hall of Fame? Well, not working hard at all and still earning a place in the Hall of Fame. I'm not a selfish duck, so I don't need all the records. I would just be the anchor of the first line for the Inferno who go on to win 10 championships in a row. Being considered the best defender on the best team would surely get me into the Hall of Fame, plus being a club legend sounds awesome too. Becoming the all time leader in hits and blocks for the Inferno franchise would be very cool. I'd like to make momma and papa O'Duck proud and I think these things I mentioned would do such. Maybe getting a defensive player of the year award or two and making the all star game a handful of times too.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 08:25 PM by supertardis101.)

Prompt 2:
I am seeing myself as a guy tthat is just gonna stick around Buffalo for a while and then hopefully be a large enough part of the team. I am not neccasarily looking to be a HOF player who max earns and gets every piece of TPE in the universe, but I am hoping to get up to around 18-1900 by the time I am regressing. I am not really looking to move teams so I hope that I can go down as one of the better players in Buffalo history. That would be awesome if I could evantually get my number retired or something. Billy still has a lot of Hockey left in him since he has only just finished his rookie year. He is hoping for some fun in the playoffs and maybe even winning back to back championships! BIlly is going to try his hardest and he is going to kick some butt this playoffs. I am really excited to see Buffalo go and to see Buffalo really get this bread. Go Billy! Go Buffalo!

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

Prompt 1

Lyle Odelein III would most definitely turn down the drink. Lyle has always had to prove he deserved to be where he was. Coming from a hockey family, many people have assumed that he had an easy path to the SHL, but that hasn't been the case. Lyle worked hard every single day and feels he has already made his own legacy. A season 48 draftee, Lyle has already played a lot of hockey and wants to see out his career on his own merit, he is not looking for an easy path to the Hall of Fame. If he does somehow get that honour, he would want to know that he did that with a solid work ethic and strong determination. While the temptation of this offer may have been much greater earlier in Lyle's career, a younger Lyle may have thought long and hard about drinking from that Fanta bottle, but at the end of the day, I'm sure he would also have arrived at the same decision as current day Lyle. With a few years still left to play, I look forward to seeing how Lyle's career ends up, relying only on him and his team.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

I definitely take it. I think one of the biggest parts of going to the Hall of Fame in SHL is not only great individual performance but also having strong performances in the playoffs and winning the cup. So for me taking the drink isn't really just about myself, its also about the team's success. So if I don't take it, in reality I'm hurting myself and the team.

I think if I am defining my own legacy there are things that I definitely want to include it:
The first is the most goals scored by a defenseman in SHL History (FHM Era). There was a play on Texas years ago who was part of a dynamic duo of forward and defenseman. The two of them would be on top of points total points every season.
That leads me to my next point. I want to have the most points scored by a defenseman ever. While playing defenseman is usually about defense, I want my player to score, and score a lot. Goals are great, but if your shot gets deflected, put away off a rebound, etc. Its important to admit that those things happen and are better than your player only scoring goals.

I think having scoring records and to be my first player with two cups would be perfect

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Prompt 1
I jolt awake as the man stands over me menacingly with a orange shaped something in his hand. Having been dreaming of playing Valorant, I immediately panic, and as the man speaks I spin to my left towards the display knife hanging on my wall, which in hindsight was a poor decision as I keep a self defense weapon right beside my bed to begin with. I grab the knife and wildly slash, missing everything except the bottle itself. I slice the bottle right at the bottom and the entire contents leak from the crevice. I just stare at the man, who is suitably horrified, and notice a wet spot on his pants. I'm immediately reassured that the liquid wasn't this man's piss, as the size of the stain immediately rules that theory out, so I just punch him in the solar plexus and make him lose his breath so I can drag him out of the house and toss him on the street. That accomplished, I climbed my stairs in a quite foul mood to clean up the mixture of piss and fanta, and while I briefly consider trying to consume some of it carefully, I decide that the piss of a very questionable man is not worth attempting to try. 

And that is the story of how Kimanje became a failure.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

I mean, hopefully Mikhail Novikov ends up in the Hall of Fame, but at this point in his career I'm doubting it, just because I've been too frickin busy to write a bunch of media so I'm unfortunately pretty broke ass. I've managed to dodge the Hall of Fame with every player I've created thus far, and haven't even won a championship, so I'm hoping that maybe Novikov can capture a championship during his career. Being realistic, the young russian is probably going to top out as a solid 2nd line forward or a low quality 1st line forward, but hopefully I can put in a little bit more and get over that hump to become a premier player in the league.

Hopefully when I end up retiring nobody ends up thinking that I was an asshole this go around haha but for real, I hope that I can make a respectable career for Novikov since I've been going IA on many of my players since my first.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

While I'm pretty happy with how my career has turned out it's definitely not Hall of Fame worth, so with that being said I would definitely drink the orange fanta. Considering I get to write my own career path I'd go with winning 3 Cups with New England while breaking the Wolfpack all time goal scoring record. It would be amazing to score 500 goals and be considered one of the deadliest goal scorers in the history of the league. I also would like to win a gold medal for Mother Russia during my Hall of Fame career. After my playing career is over my Hall of Fame resume would continue to grow as I become one of the GMs for St. Louis and go on to win multiple Cups there as well. As for the day when I'm inducted I'd have all my friends and family around along with all of my former teammates and GMs.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Prompt 2

I have been on the league for 10 years now which is crazy to think. Over the past four or five my players have not been the greatest but I think my role as a GM now and the work I put in as a member when the league was just a fraction of what it is today will be remembered. I can get hot-headed at times but my goal as a member is to make this hobby as enjoyable as possible for everyone involved. A lot of that will likely be remembered as a junior GM getting new members acquainted with the league and as a former commish who would to guide the league on the right track. I don't see myself leaving the league again any time soon due to how addicted I became over the pandemic but I hope if I had to leave the league that people will look back on my impact as a good one with a positive reputation.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Prompt 2

While obviously I’m hoping to be a first ballot Hall of Famer at some point and help coach the Platoon to multiple cup wins, the real legacy I want to leave behind is the friendships we fostered in our locker room. I’m still on my first player so I’m relatively new compared to many users, but I feel like the way we went from a team with a small number of active users after a big downturn following the S40s era to become a very active and growing team is exciting and I’m glad to have met so many wonderful people on the team and helping to manage and coach the team to success. I’m excited to have seen multiple players win awards while I was setting lines for the team and I hope to continue to see more of it.

My goals for my player were originally to just be a solid two-way player that helped in all facets of the game. I think that is still really my plan, but now I think I have the chance to be very offensive on one of the best teams in the league so I’m hoping to see a few awards start coming along on my way to a successful Hall of Fame career.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PROMPT 2-

When I think of my legacy I think of it in two separate categories. I have been in a GM/Co-GM spot since S47 in some form or fashion and my player has also been in regression for a few seasons now. One consideration is the legacy of my current player while the other is my career as a GM.

For my player it's hard to say for sure until the curtain finally falls on their career but I'm not expecting to make it to the HOF with how their SHL career has shaped up so far. I entered the league wanting to play a non hitting defensive forward and while I think the advent of FHM helps shed more light on different playstyles, I don't think I have enough of my career in either sim engine to make a great case. Only getting 1 Dar Nom during my time as a forward feels like the true nail in the coffin personally. But there's still time for Collin Gibbles to add to his resume as a supporting member of Minnesota. He will hit 1K games played for his franchise and seems likely to end up #4 in points for the Monarchs at least.

As a GM it's a weird question. At this point I don't think my SHL GMing would get me a spot in the HOF. I think I made a much bigger splash as a GM in the SMJHL because of the constant cycle that happens with each team. Since the SHL is a much longer burn, who's to say. If I retired now, I wouldn't expect to hear many positives personally outside of my own team, but the goal is to get Minnesota to win another Cup before I retire.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

ISFL PT

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)