Create Account

Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment

11-04-2021, 01:21 PMBuster Wrote:
11-04-2021, 01:10 PMMerica Wrote: Can someone explain to me how Ace isn’t getting a write up for this? Yall fucking hit Infidel with it, but you’re letting him off scot free?

Maybe don’t look back at why Ace was fired from his NEW job. He didn’t try and trade picks he didn’t own multiple times. That never happened

Yeah because if that had actually happened, you could almost say that Ace intentionally did it and knew how to manipulate the system, but thankfully that didn’t happen so it’s a moot point.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

11-04-2021, 02:44 PMDELIRIVM Wrote:
11-04-2021, 02:28 PMVandy Wrote: I applied a few times for the J and the League HO's and either got told no or never heard back so I stopped. Honestly lol I'd just like to try it out. I certainly can't be as bad as some folks.

Same goes for Expansion GMs. Head Office's hiring people that have gone inactive after getting expansion teams in both leagues over other candidates. 

[Image: 200.gif]
Remember when they hired an expansion GM who had quit his job as a head GM a couple weeks prior because he was “too busy”

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

11-04-2021, 02:28 PMVandy Wrote:
11-04-2021, 02:18 PMCementHands Wrote: Sounds like there needs to be some better incentive then if no one is applying for open positions. Increase the benefits / rewards!

I applied a few times for the J and the League HO's and either got told no or never heard back so I stopped. Honestly lol I'd just like to try it out. I certainly can't be as bad as some folks.

J HO apps are open til tomorrow night, you're welcome to apply! We're hiring 3 people this time around

11-04-2021, 03:24 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
11-04-2021, 02:44 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: Same goes for Expansion GMs. Head Office's hiring people that have gone inactive after getting expansion teams in both leagues over other candidates. 

Remember when they hired an expansion GM who had quit his job as a head GM a couple weeks prior because he was “too busy”

Feels like a lot of those GM decisions are made based on titles. Have you recently been a GM? Have you recently been in HO? Well, there goes your stock skyrocketing again.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Give GMs PT passes
Increase regression
Limit coaching
Create a disciplinary committee
Make punishments consistent and fair

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

11-04-2021, 03:24 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
11-04-2021, 02:44 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: Same goes for Expansion GMs. Head Office's hiring people that have gone inactive after getting expansion teams in both leagues over other candidates. 

Can you verify this? Are you certain? Really, I can't picture this happening. But, history does repeat itself. I know there's been a gm/Co combo from this league that ghosted another (now defunct) league. Not sure I remember it happening here though. Every league is different.

Just to be clear, this is a real thing? Certainly there must be some reasoning behind it. For someone to do that is pretty messed up. But I guess it does happen. Everyone has to learn from a situation like that. You never know when it'll happen again.

Regards,

Casper

11-04-2021, 04:01 PMWearingabear Wrote: Give GMs PT passes
Increase regression
Limit coaching

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

11-04-2021, 04:18 PMfishy Wrote:
Increase regression
Limit coaching

Dont encourage people who want them to treat us fair and nicely like we were human being

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Increase regression
Limit coaching

This is probably a dumb question because I don't know the first thing about GMing a team or FHM, but why limit coaching?

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66ef0174&is=66edaff4&hm=69...e3ef77306&]
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 04:42 PM by sve7en.)

11-04-2021, 04:26 PMleviadan Wrote:
Increase regression
Limit coaching

This is probably a dumb question because I don't know the first thing about GMing a team or FHM, but why limit coaching?

Idk if it's the common belief, but I've floated limiting coaching/tactical options as a possible method of decreasing the gap in performance between teams. Not that it's wrong that some people are better in FHM, but that reducing the amount of tactical variables might help with the notably low variability in sim results. The gap between good and bad in the SHL is extreme in comparison to real sports, and if that smaller gap is something we want to replicate the coaching line is an untested solution.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

@Ace and losing 3rds, name a more perfect pair

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Increase regression
Limit coaching

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

GM PT passes are a no from me dog. Do GMs do a lot of work - yes. Is it to the level of the simming team? No.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

11-04-2021, 04:31 PMsve7en Wrote:
11-04-2021, 04:26 PMleviadan Wrote: This is probably a dumb question because I don't know the first thing about GMing a team or FHM, but why limit coaching?

Idk if it's the common belief, but I've floated limiting coaching/tactical options as a possible method of decreasing the gap in performance between teams. Not that it's wrong that some people are better in FHM, but that reducing the amount of tactical variables might help with the notably low variability in sim results. The gap between good and bad in the SHL is extreme in comparison to real sports, and if that smaller gap is something we want to replicate the coaching line is an untested solution.

I feel like this is more punishing the good GMs, who are doing what they are supposed to be doing in order to win games, in order to shorten the gap that’s been created theoretically by GMs who are not learning FHM, making adjustments, etc, which I think is part of their job.

I do see where you’re coming from though. It kind of depends on whether you want the league to be a more laid back, chill experience, where you don’t need to do anything extra in order to be competitive, versus the current climate where those who do extra see significant advantages.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

11-04-2021, 04:26 PMleviadan Wrote:
Increase regression
Limit coaching

FHM coaching goes a lot farther than simple line combos and player roles. Most people have a hard enough time trying to figure those out, while some other coaches are tinkering around with their millionth permutation of individual tactics.

Restricting individual tactics puts coaches back on more even footing.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]