Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

Quote:Arriving in his third season as a member of the Nevada Battleborn, Irishman Anton Harrier seems to be looking for more of the same from previous seasons - he's on ice to get passes and to possibly rough up opponents at a moment's notice. That said, he still remains a player the team likes for less obvious reasons (he's been referred to as a blast to keep around) and is likely to remain with Nevada until the end of the season when he's forced to report to the Manhattan Rage, who may or may not have to get used to the Irish Hunter's exquisite character.

One thing that has to be said about his style of play is how it... really isn't full of surprises at all. While Harrier has evolved his play throughout the seasons in terms of effectiveness, to the point where he actually featured in the top 10 of Assists in a previous season, what you see is and will always be what you get with him. He's tall, so he's likely to get a few hits and blocks by mere presence and his shooting needs some fixing but you can count on him to distribute the puck... even to the opposition, which Nevada fans berate him on every now and then.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Option two has me looking really hard at my two goals and seven assists and marveling at what a sniper I have become. I also have gotten into a fight and have a power play point, so I have done a little of everything out there on the ice. Sure, there is still lots of room for improvement but hey, I’m contributing at a better pace than I did last season, and we have new faces in the locker room giving us all kinds of energy so it’s looking to be a good season, though one that might break our hearts. The curse of the Great Lakes never dies. Now if I can only improve my plus minus and my advanced stats to show the world I am not a liability to my team every time I lace up my skates, that would be excellent. Anyways, it is going good so far and cannot wait to see the season develop

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

PROOMPT 2

okey lissen. andrei hav pley 16 games wit new teem manessota boterfly. Clean hav 6 gols (Best player), 4 assist (miss shots), for 10 pwoints, plus 2, 38 shots, 15% acurassy.
How many hits you ask ?? 51 hits in only 16 games (best player). only 1 TA and 9 GA (so generous).
GR (gritty stat) is 63 and defansiv is 54 and ofansiv is 66 laik lemioo. so good. andrei best player he scor he hit we win.
Sinse andrei join manessota it becom best teem wit almost only wins becose andrei so good he make teem win all the time.
Boterfly teem leed in gol and hit ? andrei. So good. best player.
Teem is 10-6-0 only becose andrei was hangover 6 time but wait no andrei is cleen.
Cal also not bad, 21 pts in 16 games is second best player after clean.
i hav invest in OFANSIV REED this weak so i becom evan mor best player.
i wil go reed ofansiv books. bai

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

Prompt 1

Magnus settled into his position as both teams squared up at center ice. Team Up-and-Comers were the first opponents they would face in this tournament, and they had a pretty good roster. Not as good as the Superstars, but good.

With the puck dropped by the referee at center ice, both teams sprang into action. Edward Williams out-muscled Jonathan Granstrom off the puck at center, swept it back and neatly onto Jukka Timonen's stick. Magnus moved up ice, ready to receive the breakout pass from Timonen, which he neatly tapped forward with his skate to his stick as he crossed the line. He saw Finn von Murphenstein lining him for a hit, so a little juke to avoid him and then Magnus put the puck in the slot for Ryuuji Minamino, who had driven in and used Williams' body as a pick for his defender. Minamino fired off a heavy shot towards the net, but Jon St. Ark managed to use his blocker to deflect it out of play as Sven Svenson stood there screening him.

No goals yet, but the Superstars had let the youngins know that they were going to be in for a game.

[Image: image.png]

Honestly I am shocked how well my player is doing so far this season. About a point a game. Which at least point I will take heavily into regression. I am not massively happy with last season still. I was hoping to do stuff to get hall of fame and I feel like it either has slipped away or I must go a super long time which sucks. I feel like this may have been quite the waste of time since I am not into thunderdoming like others here.

Hopefully we go on a deep winning run but I am not really interested in rings anymore, just wanting stats and I doubt that happens. I guess I should take a point per game at this rat but eh, Im basically depth that might not have done enough in my prime seasons dude to playing under people.

A lot of more season to go but I doubt my feelings change.

[159 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Prompt 2

Well, it has definitely been an eventful season so far for my player. Currently, I am tied for the lead in the J for power play goals, and I am 7th overall in points. The last few days of sims, I have had very high production, which has kind of made up for my slow start to the season. The team has also been improving across the board, since pretty much the whole team started slow. It seems like maybe we are finally getting to the point where we should have been at to start the season in Carolina. That said, we are still getting wrecked by Regina, which is a bit of an oddity as their season is not going so hot. Tough to wrap my head around that, but FHM giveth and FHM taketh away, so probably better to just not think about it. I am not sure I see many surprises in the J, but I am actually rather not surprised at which teams are performing and which ones are not. Maybe the only surprise is how competitive Great Falls has been so far, but I thought they would be this competitive last season, too.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

I'll be honest, it's been a week since the season started, and I have absolutely no idea how my player, my team, or anything is happening in the SMJHL. I'm pretty sure we've won some games, and lost some games, but other than that, I haven't a clue of what is happening. I don't think I have a ton of penalty minutes, I was looking at that yesterday for some reason, so that's definitely an improvement on last season. Other than that, I don't know what it is that Nevada could be doing that is better, or could be doing worse. One of the good surprises to come out of the season is that @Tesla joined the league and I was able to be on another team with her. So that is probably the best thing that could have happened.

I guess I should take a look at what Nevada's record is. Oh shit, we're apparently in 6th place right now. Well that's definitely a surprise because we used to be last. We almost have as many wins now as we did the whole last season, so go Nevada.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The up-and-comers are looking strong going into their first game against the grizzled vets. With Mat Smith starting, at first it was a little weird to see his usual teammates lining up against him on the opposite end, but it's something he'll just have to get used to. Still though, it must have been weighing on his mind at first since the first goal of the game was scored by former Chicago teammate Gunnar Soderberg. It was a nice feed from Smith's good friend Cassius Darrow, and Smith got it, but it must have just barely gotten through his pads as it trickled into the net behind him. As the night went on Smith got better, but his opponent between the vets' pipes, Harry Carpet (Smith's opponent in Toronto and teammate in Finland), was a brick wall, stopping every shot he faced. The final score was 1-0 in a somewhat defensive game, 20 shots for the vets and 21 for the young guns, and suddenly that confidence that the up-and-comers were feeling going into the tournament was starting to waver. Nobody took the loss harder than Smith, though, as he knew that one goal should have been his. This tournament wasn't going to be an easy one to win, and little mistakes like that could cost them everything.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

ISFL Affiliate Claim

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

Its time! Vlastislav Malik and the Up-and-Comers had a few practices under their belt and were starting to really gel. Now, it was time to go up against their first test, the Grizzled Vets! Who's on the team you ask? Malik didn't know any of them to be honest, besides Lyle Odelein, a fellow NOLA vet. Besides that, Malik had a vague idea that there were several HAM, BUF, and TEX vets on the squad. Not going to lie, there were nerves involved. Regardless of how skilled the Up-and-Comers were, they had never faced a team with as much cumulative experience as the Grizzled Vets. So, they came up with a game plan and stuck to it! They would need to utilize their speed on the fast break and play a sound defensive game to limit the Vets' chances. Everyone bought in to the plan! Their goalie had to make several big saves and that he did! It was a close game, but they squeaked out a 3-2W, off a last-minute game-winner by Cian McFelter, assisted by Malik and Valterri Kauppinen. Malik was never so happy to see McFelter continue his ball hog tendencies. One W down, who's next?

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Prompt 2

After just over a week of games and nearly one third of the way into the season, I feel that the play of Kev Kevens and the San Francisco Pride have been slightly disappointing. On an individual level, Kevens is on pace for a 55 point season which would be 4 points more than last. Although a projection of improvement is always good, it's not quite what was expected. However, if I had to bet, I'd say that this projection will most likely improve over time and the 60 point mark is definitely within reach. Overall, the team has played okay and without any major flaws, but goal scoring has been an issue. The top line of Svenson, Osterman, and Klompus has only put up 12 even strength goals so far across 19 games and have a combined shooting percentage of 9.0%. This line plays a huge part in the success of the team and it's surprising how long the season has gone with such a slow start for them. Despite making vast improvements on paper this offseason, the Pride are still dwelling near the bottom of the Pacific where they've been for quite a few seasons now and are still looking to break out of.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

2:

It's no secret that league-wide, parity isn't really a thing. As of this entry, there are 3 teams with single-digit point totals, including Winnipeg with a lowly 4 on the season, while there are just as many teams that have already eclipsed the 30 point barrier. The only division that is an exception to this truism is the Pacific, where all 5 teams are within 5 points of each other, ranging from 18 to 22 points on the season. If you asked members of any of those 5 Pacific division squads, I'd wager you'd expect all of them to say that their team could just as easily be first in the division. Because of the intense level of parity, all 5 of those teams also have a negative goal differential, with the largest being San Francisco's -6. Long story short, it's a tight division.

So where does that leave us? Indeed, it leaves us with the Calgary Dragons, perennial contenders, atop the division. Personally, it was nice to see my player, defensive stalwart Eero Makela, put up his first goal of the season and add a pair of assists in last night's games, giving himself a three game point streak for the first time in his career. Not known for his offensive play, Makela's streak coincides with the Dragons winning 4 straight, enough to propel them to the top of the Pacific.

Prompt two:

After a busy off season where we looked to increase the strength of the team in critical areas so far everything has gone pretty good. We raced out to a quick start racking up wins both at home and on the road and scored a decent amount of goals while we were at it however we unfortunately did not manage to secure any shut outs for Peter Larson or Scoochie Stratton. It must be said though that so far we have really not had too much stiff competition with the majority of our games coming against either Manhattan or Montreal, both of who are struggling expectedly at the bottom of their respective divisions. Our best win of the week undoubtedly came against Atlanta where after going down a goal early we stormed back to put five unanswered past Samat Beibitzonov. A lot to be happy about in the opening of the season but the real test of how much we have improved will come over the next couple of weeks.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]