Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

Prompt 2

In his sophomore season, Ezra Wong so far has 2 goals and 8 assists in 27 games. While the first half of the Grizzlies schedule on paper is significantly harder than their back half of the schedule, this probably still isn’t the performance Ezra was hoping for. A positive in his play however though is he is still a +2 and is still an overall 7th place on the team in offensive game rating. So while it may not show on the immediate stat sheet, his offensive play is still there, it’s just the defence now that needs to come. The Grizzlies in general currently sit last in their division, and 10th in the league. The Grizzlies are hoping for a repeat of last season to have a second half resurgence and hopefully go into a hot streak when the playoffs start. The Grizzlies are a young team that is improving everyday, but only time will tell if they and Ezra can reach their potential.

Code:
165 words

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 07:31 AM by Jepox.)

PROMPT 2

Individually I, Pablo Salvatici of the Atlanta Inferno franchise that plays out of the Simulation Hockey League, think that my performance so far this season has been quite good. I currently am ranked 5th in the entire league in assists with 23, and have 4 goals to bring my point total up to 27 in 26 games, 3rd best on the team. Our high end talent is scoring, with Dick Clapper and Anton Mihailov both sitting at 28 points and Guy Zheng just under point per game with 24. Goalie wise it's been a bit of a disappointing season so far for Samat Beibitzhanov who is sporting under a .900 save percentage and a 3.92 goals against average. Evgeni Petrov has been a star in his few starts so far, picking up a winning record and shutout in nine games. Overall the team is sitting just under .500 but have been going through a tough stretch, facing Chicago, Hamilton and Buffalo multiple times in a span of a few games. We might not be quite ready to compete with the big dogs but we can hold our own just fine overall and can challenge for a playoff spot.

198 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Option 2: 
My individual play thus far this season has been fantastic, I have surpassed my career highs and its only halfway through the season. My team also has been performing fantastic as of right now we are second in the league but have two games in hand on the first-place team.  We are showing that last season was not a fluke, and we are real contenders again, even though we lost a lot of good players due to call ups. We still have a lot of good players, active players playing this season. We can continue this pace, and we have a real shot at the championship again.  The Berserkers this year are a dangerous group, we have a good group of guys (and gals) ready to make a big push here near the end of the season. I may not be leading anything on the leader boards yet, but I am on my way, if I am making this big push now, who knows what the rest of the season may hold and even next season. (176)

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]

Prompt 2: 
So far this season I am relatively pleased with my individual performance. I remained on the 2nd line, albeit with a better defensive partner, but my numbers are pretty much up across the board. Last season I had a total of 11 goals and 17 assists, while this season at the 1/3rd mark I'm at 7 goals and 8 assists. Extrapolating that for a full season is really quite exciting. My assist numbers will be close to the same, but my goal margin could almost double. That has to do with the increase of 5ish percent in my shooting percentage. As far as a team perspective, I'm also relatively pleased. I've mentioned it in my other PTs, but we're a young team and this was supposed to be a rebuilding year, but it's looking like playoffs are still a possibility. We'll continue to get better as the youngins keep cashing in that TPE and guys like Anton and Pablo keep wrecking havoc. It's been really fun to watch.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Well well well, how the turn tables….  My play this week was nothing short of dogshit despite scoring my very first SHL goal.  It got to the point where I did not want to check my stats because I knew they weren’t improving lol.  I think the best way to improve will be through improving my defensive states, because my line is getting scored on the most on my team.  My defensive grades are usually so low in the shitter, it’s just depressing to look at.  So I’ll be working towards that for the next few updates in hopes that my play improves, and maybe with improvements to physicals and defensive attributes my player will assist the team in getting the puck out of our own zone creating more offensive chances in the game.  Haha hopefully it helps my teammates out as well, and we can go back to back bayyybayyyyyy.  Give me a fuggin boat I need it.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Prompt #2

So far the start of the season has been bittersweet. On one hand the team is doing well and the stats are decent but at the same time I am on the ice for more goals against than I have been for goals for. I think the recent production after my training has been better and over a full season I think I will be able to help the team continue to win instead of being a liability on the ice more often than not.

Now for the team. I am incredibly proud of this team. We are going to be a playoff contender and once you get to the playoffs anything can happen. We have a solid group of players from the forwards to the defense all the way to the back end with the goalies. Teams are going to struggle later in the season playing the knights as we continue to improve and make moves to get us to the end goal of the four star cup. At the end of the day we couldn't have asked for a better start to the season given how teams have surprisingly been dominating at the top of our division so far and it is going to be a fun finish to the season to see how it plays out.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

One week into the season and I feel that Patrick Shepherd's play this year has been decent. Patrick started off hot and came out of the gate scoring like crazy along with the rest of the Philadelphia Forge offense. Patrick came out of the gate screaming with multiple goal games and multi assist games. Unfortunately in the last couple of sims, things have really slowed down for the Forge. There have been a lot more losses than wins and even less points for Patrick Shepherd. This mid season slump has been tough but Patrick and the Forge will get it all hammered out and return their usual level of play as the season progresses. With new offensive talent on the Forge top line it's only a matter of time until the scoring returns and the high quality play goes back to being the norm. It's a tough division still, but Forge look to be in the fight and definite favorites to lock up a playoff spot by season end.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Promt 2

That is funny. Like 4 seasons in a row, we have a grumpy start to the season. Like really grumpy, we have been at the bottom of division which would be natural because of our TPE rank and that we are in the rebuild phase. This season start like usual, we were down of division for a while. My player sucks a lot PDO is below 100 etc. Not to mention scoring. My player is awful at that but the good sign is he recently (past 2 seasons) have started to do hits and block shots which is nice but not elite level. Anyway, we had this grumpy start and then Wally twists his magic wand and says "perfformancum increasum" and then Calgary magically starts to play on a whole new level. We are at top of the division right now and this is awesome. Goodname sucks but I'm happy about the team. Especially, rookies and defensive future stars of my generation.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 04:51 AM by taterswc.)

Prompt 1

Makrus knew this game wouldn't be easy. The grizzled vets are sure to put of a fight. This team is well versed in the league and know a thing or two about hockey. If we want to win we will have to use every weapon at our disposal. To start we will research drama on the vets. Anyone who has been in the sim league for a while is bound to have some drama. Said something they regret or got punished for something. We are pulling that out right away to distract them. This is as much a mental game as it is a physical one. Speaking of physical we have the king of getting physical in pasta the turtle. He is going to mess up some shins with those powerful hits. Now that we got them hurting physically and mentally we will rely on our youthful vigor to overtake them. Our forward core will skate circles around the old-timers. Meanwhile sven will probably get a misconduct because you can't keep a goon man down.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO PROMPT TWO, THE SECOND PROMPT.

A week of sims in review:

It's been pretty chill. Baltimore Platoon are doing pretty alright as squad - winning games, taking names. My individual play seems to have been going downhill since I came into the league. I need to get back to my roots - Hitting, Stickchecking, Strength. To be the best you've got to beat the best. That's why I'm the champion of eggs (on days when I make dough - and I ain't talking about money - but I am talking about TPE, if you know what I mean; look at me vamp). I wanted to build a classic grinder, someone who flies into the boards and shoves pucks to the front of the net. Or has a booty so big, the goalie can never screen. I wish Big Booty was an attribute.

On a non-sim note, I appreciate the dialogue that's been initiated about meta builds and changes we can make to even out the league. I'm excited to hear what Head Office can come up to quell the tide of Puckhandling, Checking, and Defensive Read.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

PROMPT 1

it turns out this team actually has some of the young players from the atlanta inferno ! all of them ! so we got

Forwards
Pavel @Leppish Jeziak (also known as lil jizzy)
Pablo @Jepox Salvatici (also known as sears)
Paul @CaptainCamel Binder (the oogussy man)
Defensemen
Angus @micool132 McFife XVIII (he needs window repairs btw)
Puddles @Z-Whiz O'Duck (4x duck of the year btw)
Goalie
Evgeni @RenoJacksonHS Petrov (also known as hard injector)

wow what a team this has got to be the best team ever the grizzled veterans stand absolutely no chance we are a bunch of decrepit old men who can barely skate at this point so these young guns are going to just skate circles around us while we try to do our best to not get absolutely donked on the head and in the net honestly it's already over but it was a very entertaining game overall for all of the viewers who got to watch the up and comers absolutely dome the grizzled veterans so rip in peace us and our knees. we'll take the L because these young stars have a really bright future ahead of them

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Prompt 2

Binder made a joke about this on his Twitter, but this has definitely been a weird year for him. He had a super slow start, but has finally recently been raking in the points. However, this all seems to come at a cost. It seems for every point Binder gets, he gets 2 minuses on his +/- score. Currently Binder is sitting at 18 points in 28 games, but is a -15. It's odd, all throughout the Juniors Binder was a defensive powerhouse and never finished the season with a -, but he can't seem to catch a break here in the big leagues. Binder definitely wants to put in some work on his defensive game throughout the rest of the season and in the upcoming offseason to get back to his true form of a balanced two way forward. The team overall hasn't been doing great, but we're having fun with what we're doing and really that's all that matters (~:

WC: 150

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Prompt 2
I'd have to say that Merlin Metzler is playing about as well as I expected him to play. So far he's had 9 points in 29 games, which is actually an improvement on last season- but that's not my priority. Merlin Metzler is currently at a +22 after 29 games, which is good for second best on the Newfoundland Berserkers. He's also just over a shot block per game and a hit per game- I was personally hoping to do better, but it's fine for now. Intriguingly, he actually leads the Newfoundland Berserkers in takeaways; he's also got some of the better Corsi numbers on the team, which I wasn't necessarily expecting yet. He's also only had one penalty so far this season, which is well below expectations. Otherwise, the Newfoundland Berserkers are leading the SMJHL, which is exactly as expected, and I haven't seen anything particularly eyebrow raising about the rest of the SMJHL.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Prompt 2

If you were to look just at the standings, you'd probably think something along the lines of "huh, Kelowna doesn't look quite as strong as expected. I mean, nearly halfway through the season and they're sitting in 7th?". However, the situation is better for us than it may seem. The fact is, the SMJHL is super close this season. The top 7 teams are within 7 points of each other. Not only that, but we've also got less games played than most teams. Looking at just the teams above us in the standings, we've got 2 games in hand on #1 Anchorage and #3 Maine, and a whole 4 games over #4 Quebec City - who we are only trailing by two points. As far as my personal performance? I think I'm doing pretty alright. 17 points in 29 games - the best pace of my career so far - though, of course, I don't really care about the points. I am the one leading the team's defense, and I'm doing a good job of it too - as illustrated by the most important and reliable stat FHM has to offer, Defensive Game Rating - where I am miles ahead of my closest teammates, boasting one of the highest ratings in the entire league at 79.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes