Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

Prompt #2

I got a couple of Ls from the last WJC tourney that sting particularly bad. I had the honor of GMing the Young Guns last season. It was great. I had amazing players on my team like the absolute brickwall unit that was @OrbitingDeath and the incredible leadership that came from @Thelastheraclid. Now one could say that our record of 1-8-3 we took a lot of Ls. But those last 3 are what hurt the most. With 4 games to go we had Team British Isles and Team North America against the ropes. A couple of pucks bounce our way and Team Young Guns finds themselves in the Knockout Round. Of those last 4 games. 3 were losses in either OT and SO even against much better Finland and World sides. Those Ls really stung. I am still so incredibly proud of this past season YG team for getting so close to a chance on the Knockouts.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Prompt 2
Frankly I can't really recall a ridiculous loss specifically, but I know that we've had quite a few both on Edmonton and during my time on Newfoundland. I do remember some game where I ended up wit a -4 rating on Edmonton, and was pretty shocked about that. It's never fun to be on the ice for 4 goals against at even strength, especially when those goals are the reason your team loses. I went right to Sota and Boom after that and complained about Leon quite a bit, asking for advice to bolster my build, and vowed to never have that bad a minus rating again. Granted I ended up with a -5 sometime last week, but my earning has definitely gotten better since I joined Edmonton, and I'd like to think that some bad performances sorta made me step up my game across the board.

Prompt 2

Patya am think this maybe biggest L Patya am take. Am just learn of what this mean today in locker room! Anyway, Patya am today telling you much about how am slide many fars in Simulation Hockey League draft. When is time before that of draft, Patya am having many talks with peoples of teams. Peoples am saying "WOWEE! Patya am for going to be big superstar in playing of the hockey! We am much excite for talk with you because Patya am looking like stud." Peoples am right; Patya am stud. Patya am superstar. Imagine surprise of Patya when am slipping so far in draft. Patya am first thinking maybe am go in top 5. This is not happen, so Patya am think is okay, am go in top 10. Peoples am keeping drafting and Patya am not hear name called. Patya am many confused. When Patya name called final, Patya am going 14th. Patya am many humbles by this. Patya am now over it, but am still think this biggest L. Also, Patya am tired for playoffs of being sweepered against Quebec. Thank you.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

My biggest Ls are not putting out media that I said I would put out. There have been a few articles with a "Part 2 coming soon!" attached to the bottom and ten I lost interest altogether in the subject material. I'm sure there are still some people out there waiting on my TPE projection graphs that I did for Atlanta that one time. There were also a few draft summaries that fizzled out due to lack of interest. You know what, in the end though, it's all a win because I have $60m. 

Another L could be exclusively playing for bad teams. The only shred of sustained success I have had in the league is with DACH. My St. Louis days are unfortunately heavy in the "L" column. I've played about 260 games for St. Louis now and I think 160+ of them are Ls. Sad. I want to win with the Crows.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

P1

Defenseman Eero Makela sits dejectedly in his stall in the Up and Comers locker room following a 7-2 loss to the Hall of Fame squad. A dynamic line of Christoph Klose, Ivo Willems, and Kain Webb proved too much for the Up and Comers, accounting for 6 goals and 20 points in the game.

"They probed our zone all game," Makela says, shivering at the memory. "They kept coming and coming. We kept trying to survive, spitting it up ice as much as we could, but they just wouldn't stop. It was a mess."

Makela wipes his face with a towel. "We're still in a good position, still flexible and ready. But getting spanked like this gets our asses burning, and now we're hot and ready. Whoever we're facing next better limber up ahead of time, because we're going to take what we experienced tonight and give it as good as we got it."

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid539794 - Claiming ISFL affiliate stuff.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

Losing sucks, but losing in the playoffs sucks even more. Unfortunately, Nystrom already has a great deal of experience with terrible playoff defeats. His rookie season vanishment in the playoffs was to be expected, but holy shit in those next two series he took more Ls than the New Jersey Devils took on twitter after they revealed that they'd ripped off the Blackhawks winter classic jerseys but made them worse. If I recall correctly, we got swept both times and Nystrom did nothing whatsoever. In his last hurrah, he actually did something, but this time he was one of the only players who did. This, perhaps, was karmic retribution for sucking eggs during everyone else's last dance attempts. He hopes this cursed streak of futility and suck will not continue with Edmonton. His relative success in the regular season thus far has not done much to assuage his concerns, as he's had that before. This time, surely, we'll win something eventually.

[165 words prompt 2]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Prompt 2

The loss that sticks out to me most as a user was with my last player, Nolan Sawchuk, while he was a member of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The Barracuda were up 3 games to 1 against the Calgary Dragons in the Challenge Cup finals and ended up losing the series 4 games to 3 which was really just about the biggest L one could possibly take. I was the co-gm at the time as well so I didn't even get the hope that the play by plays brought the team as I already knew what happened in them. Sawchuk also was apart of the Kelowna Knights team that saw Nikolas Klaus set the record for most points in a single SMJHL season (at the time) and then proceed to not win a series in the playoffs. They also lost in the finals the next season which Sawchuk was also apart of it, meaning that my boy Nolan's entire career was just a long string of L's. Really sad to think about and here's hoping that Salvatici does better.

179 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

Username: NicholasTheGreat

While these Hall of Famers have been out of the game for a little bit, they sure as hell never lost the ability to play hockey. I think after the first couple of games we were feeling confident, we were playing well and really starting to find a rhythm together. Then it all came crashing down once we played the Hall of Famers.

They may not be as quick as they once were, but their smarts on the ice was a step above anything we’ve seen. They just know where to be at all times, the puck was constantly in motion and it felt like they weren’t exhausting any effort to play. It felt like when you’re a kid and you’re looking forward to playing against your parents because you think they’re out of shape, only for you to not be able to get anything going and get absolutely smoked. It was great to witness while on the bench, just to see the way they played and get some insight on what they were doing and why. While we may have lost, I learned a lot from that game, and hopefully my teammates did to for the next one.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PBE affiliate claim

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Written Task: We've all taken Ls on this site (L<----- this one's mine), feel free to reminisce about any particularly bad ones. Playoff and medal round losses always sting, but talk about some bad losses that really molded your player or you as a user. Have you recovered?

Moving over to the IIHF for this Point Task because it was a stretch of 4 seasons in a row. Every single one of these seasons, Norway made it to the first round of the playoff series, only to lose in overtime to Germany. It was frustrating after the first two times to get that close but we were considered the underdogs so it wasn't a matter of choking, just coming really close but not able to get that finisher. In the 3rd season we ended up matching up against Germany again, but this time I was sure we were going to win as we had a really strong round-robin, finishing on top of our division with the top scoring team. But alas, once again, Germany somehow pulled it out in OT. That was a tough one because I felt we were in shape to break the medal drought we had been on. The 4th season in a row it happened I actually groaned when we I saw that we were matched against Germany in the round of 8, and even said to myself, welp OT loss coming up. And sure enough, that's exactly what happened. So one team was our Achilles heel from getting a medal when all we needed to do was beat them to get to the semis. Sadly the streak ended the next season when we missed the medal round entirely. Since then Norway has more or less been rebuilt and have been strong contenders several times, even bringing home a bronze medal a couple of seasons ago.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Prompt 1

The Up-And-Comers are getting along and have good chemistry, sure, but that's nothing compared to players who have known each other for decades. The Hall-Of-Famers never looked when they passed, had intricate plays that the youngsters didn't see coming, and there's something to be said for raw talent. The only think the Up-And-Comers could capitalize on was their speed and agility - the HoFs started getting gassed late into the second period and rallied for the third, but the youngsters never flagged.

In the future, they'll have to cover players better and keep an eye out for trick plays that they haven't seen before. It doesn't help that the HoFs played in a different league and it was an entirely different game - the agressiveness was not something the young players had really experienced. Losses are hard, but they're easier to shake off when you know you played your best, and your opponents were out of your league. The Up-And-Comers aren't out of the running yet, and now they really know what they're up against.

(175 words)

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 02:01 AM by tweedledunn.)

prompt 1:

The Hall-of-Famers(Superstars) were aggressive early against the Up-and-Comers. The Superstars swarmed Rebecca Montagne early and got a few nice scoring chances, but the Up-and-Comers held the line. The Up-and-Comers would respond in kind with a couple chances of their own, but nobody could move the needle early.

Early in the second period Gonzo Gobbledygook was caught with his head down and got drilled, but it was a clean hit. Still, in the modern SHL, you fight over that stuff, so Tommy Tightpants went after the Superstar who got a couple of good swings in, but Tightpants won the fight and both went to the box. The Superstars would get the last laugh, though, as they pressed in Up-and-Comers’ zone, created chaos in front of the net, and the Superstars got a lucky bounce straight onto a stick. Easy shoot-in, 1-0 Superstars.

The Up-and-Comers got a little bit of a morale boost on a bad play by the Superstars' goalie midway through the third period that led to a Gobbledygook goal, but the Superstars went on to score a pair of powerplay goals in the closing minutes of the game, 3-1 Superstars, which is where the game would end.

The Up-and-Comers need to stay out of the box moving forward.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]