Create Account

Updated: Changes to Regression

12-02-2021, 06:09 PMroastpuff Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:02 PMAcsolap Wrote: I mean Kirkby played the majority of his career at 50 games per season. Is it unfair that you all had full careers of 66 games? No, that's just the way she goes. 54 will still have more tpe than every other class. In fact they'll still have more or less the same tpe Kirkby did at his peak because of the vast inflation of tpe over the last few seasons.

But we also had the update scale change which made getting to 20 more costly, whereas before it was easier to have multiple 20 attributes. 53 and 54 did not have full careers of 66 games - I do not believe that was implemented until a couple seasons after we made the jump to the SHL in general.

It also made lower attributes considerably cheaper which enhanced earlier career progression. 20s are overrated anyway and more balanced builds have traditionally performed better.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

12-02-2021, 06:16 PMToast Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:02 PMAcsolap Wrote: I mean Kirkby played the majority of his career at 50 games per season. Is it unfair that you all had full careers of 66 games? No, that's just the way she goes. 54 will still have more tpe than every other class. In fact they'll still have more or less the same tpe Kirkby did at his peak because of the vast inflation of tpe over the last few seasons.

You peaked at over 2100TPE. 54s just had their opportunity to get even one season at above 2000 robbed from them.

My official tpe peak was 2114 of which I never played a game at. Just a quick browse through the budget shows multiple S54 players within 50 tpe of 2k. Which by the time all the off season tpe is calculated at will be near or better than 2114.

Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.

12-02-2021, 06:16 PMToast Wrote:

You peaked at over 2100TPE. 54s just had their opportunity to get even one season at above 2000 robbed from them.

as to note with assclap as well, we peaked at 1500 TPE applied for anything useful. I lead the S43 class, and I hit 2000 TPE at the start of the season, and ended the season at 2095? TPE i think. And then my peak was 2143 after the offseason type of thing

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 06:29 PM by Toast.)

12-02-2021, 06:19 PMAcsolap Wrote: My official tpe peak was 2114 of which I never played a game at. Just a quick browse through the budget shows multiple S54 players within 50 tpe of 2k. Which by the time all the off season tpe is calculated at will be near or better than 2114.

12-02-2021, 06:21 PMluketd Wrote: as to note with assclap as well, we peaked at 1500 TPE applied for anything useful. I lead the S43 class, and I hit 2000 TPE at the start of the season, and ended the season at 2095? TPE i think. And then my peak was 2143 after the offseason type of thing

You still get a majority of a full season at above 2000. 54 has two players that were able to hit that mark and the rest played majority of the season around the 1950 mark or lower. Majority of the class will be around 1800 next season and I don't see how that's more or less the peak. We don't get our time at the top of the league.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 06:32 PM by leafsftw1967.)

12-02-2021, 06:29 PMToast Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:19 PMAcsolap Wrote: My official tpe peak was 2114 of which I never played a game at. Just a quick browse through the budget shows multiple S54 players within 50 tpe of 2k. Which by the time all the off season tpe is calculated at will be near or better than 2114.

12-02-2021, 06:21 PMluketd Wrote: as to note with assclap as well, we peaked at 1500 TPE applied for anything useful. I lead the S43 class, and I hit 2000 TPE at the start of the season, and ended the season at 2095? TPE i think. And then my peak was 2143 after the offseason type of thing

You still get a majority of a full season at above 2000. 54 has two players that were able to hit that mark and the rest played majority of the season around the 1950 mark or lower. Majority of the class will be around 1800 next season and I don't see how that's more or less the peak. We don't get our time at the top of the league.

Exactly, the thing that sucked with the new shl when I came back was how long it took to become a "good player" whereas in the old shl the first time around by your third/fourth season in the league after being drafted you could be a stud. Now I feel like I put in twice the amount of work with my second player to be effective in this "new system" to have seven seasons of building up to be a decent player taken away and has honestly totally turned me off from recreating

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 06:33 PM by Acsolap.)

No I didn't. I hit 2k and regressed immediately to 1810.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2788390

12-02-2021, 06:32 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:29 PMToast Wrote: You still get a majority of a full season at above 2000. 54 has two players that were able to hit that mark and the rest played majority of the season around the 1950 mark or lower. Majority of the class will be around 1800 next season and I don't see how that's more or less the peak. We don't get our time at the top of the league.

Exactly, the thing that sucked with the new shl when I came back was how long it took to become a "good player" whereas in the old shl the first time around by your third/fourth season in the league after being drafted you could be a stud. Now I feel like I put in twice the amount of work with my second player to be effective in this "new system" to have seven seasons of building up to be a decent player taken away and has honestly totally turned me off from recreating

You've scored 329 points in 386 games. Hardly slumming it.

ok wow

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

So... yes and no. I agree that you guys are the most fucked. You lose your peak season (though season after has historically been 98-99% of peak assuming 195 TPE per season), and everyone from S50 to S54 gets a season of their plateau cut off (which I'm defining as 95% of peak, in line with the old rule's 10% for 5 seasons). You do lose your leaderboard shot, and people are gonna get shorted of 2000 when they expected to have more time, but I'd expect a "9 season regression" leaderboard to form and for history to remember this shift when considering your class relative to S53.

You do get your time at the top, and it's shared with a neighboring class, it's just that you're only there for one season compared to everyone else who gets two.

[Image: unknown.png?width=1440&height=467]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

12-02-2021, 06:33 PMAcsolap Wrote:
12-02-2021, 06:29 PMToast Wrote: You still get a majority of a full season at above 2000. 54 has two players that were able to hit that mark and the rest played majority of the season around the 1950 mark or lower. Majority of the class will be around 1800 next season and I don't see how that's more or less the peak. We don't get our time at the top of the league.

No I didn't. I hit 2k and regressed immediately to 1810.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2788390

My apologies for not checking. Where do you hit your peak? I was assuming if you got to 2100 you would at least have some time above 2000.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 06:53 PM by Vaxlare.)

Quote:My second beef:
You just fucked two of the better classes in the league.

The S53 class is probably the best class since S46. The S54 class is just as good if not even slightly better. You just fucked both classes in one move, super nice. Efficient. I understand that you wanted to get the pain over with, but these two classes have a HUGE max earning group that you've just stripped out of 20% of their hard-earned TPE. These were the guys who wanted to challenge for the all-time records, and they HAD A GOOD SHOT AT IT. Had. No longer do because you've just robbed them of the opportunity for that.

I think this is one of the worst reasons to disagree with this. Push it off and a different class get screwed over. So we just say "my class is better than yours, you should suffer instead?"

Besides, S62 is the best class  Popcorn

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

That's the thing I don't understand and I question, the S54 class did not need to be a casualty of this scale change...no class needed to be fucked by this...

12-02-2021, 06:49 PMVaxlare Wrote: I think this is one of the worst reasons to disagree with this. Push it off and a different class get screwed over. So we just say "my class is better than yours, you should suffer instead?"

They had to find a cut-off. But 53/54 has had to contend with the STHS -> FHM change, the update scale change where getting to 19/20 get much more difficult, and now this. Why is it always 53/54 that get the short end of the stick? Why is it always this class that ends up being the cut-off for changes to happen? Why can't HO find a better way to introduce this change than a massive shock right before the end of the season?

The fact that it's happening at my peak season just feels like it's making it personal. Is it a great reason to disagree? Probably not. Am I hurting over it? Yeah, I am. I poured almost two years into Magnus Liljestrom, and into this site via various jobs/activity, etc. It just feels like it's coming for naught.

[Image: image.png]

12-02-2021, 04:40 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: A change that was needed. I'm really sorry to the S53/S54 guys, I completely understand why you're upset, but you'll still be on top for the most part since everyone else is falling with you. It's not the exact same, I know.

Careers shouldn't last 5+ years in real life. It's just crazy.

Finally we can get some turnover and have other teams actually compete. The league needed something.

You literally couldn't have been more correct if you tried. It also kills anyone in regression deep or people now going into it a lot harder and that is a good thing. You're going to cuck 1 draft class regardless and they got the shortest straw but long term this is great for the SHL overall.

SHL careers being that long is dumb as hell and not good for the league. Great job for them doing this finally.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

12-02-2021, 03:30 PMCarpy48 Wrote:
12-02-2021, 02:15 PMbbjygm Wrote: What'll happen to career records? I would think this starts a new era with the shortened careers and less player TPE in the regression stage

At this point both you and me have been part of like 4(?) eras? I can't even keep track anymore.

Ha, good point. Major changes I can think of:
- 350 -> 425 TPE SMJHL cap
- elimination of capped TPE
- STHS -> FHM sim engine
- 50 -> 66 games / season
- update scale change to reduce number of high skills

Wonder what's next

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget