Create Account

S62 PT#5: Champion???

Prompt 2
We first have to go up against Atlanta who aren't exactly a pushover. However, I am pretty sure our offense is up to the task of overwhelming their defense in five games.  Then it will be on to play the Forge. Everybody assumes Tampa will take Philly down, but the Forge are a much better team than their record shows. 
The conference final will be against Hamilton. We took them to six games last season, the only team to take them at least that far. This year we will swap and they will be out on the local golf courses before season end.
I don't see how Chicago will not make it out of the Western Conference, so we will have to take them down.  We did manage to beat them both times we played them during the regular season, albeit in shootouts both times. I think we again have what it takes but this will be one of the greatest finals the SHL will have ever seen, with the Platoon emerging victorious in 7 games.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

PT pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I would absolutely love it for Great Falls to win a cup (almost as badly as I want Strom to finally get a challenge cup and complete his quad gold, but that's a different story).  With Great falls, and the current setup of the SMJHL, we would have to do decent enough to automatically make it to the quarter finals (2nd round) so that way there would be no chance of an odd upset in the first round.  From there we would have to face off and beat someone like Anchorage or Newfoundland (sorry, but we just have better records this season compared to other teams) and not get matched up with a Kelowna or Carolina (hoping they would get upset in the 2nd round or earlier rounds).  To get to the 4-star cup, it would probably end up being a Berserker matchup.  They are a very stout team...almost a mini Chicago/Hamilton combined.  To win, it would take a huge team effort.  MVP would most likely be a defenseman (since defense wins championships), but it would be hard to determine who exactly the MVP slot would go to.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Prompt 2
Of course I want to win the cup - that's why we're all doing this, right? Our way to the cup is pretty tough this year. First it's Buffalo. Great. Then again, we did beat them 5-0 already in the regular season, so nothing is impossible. I'd say this might go to game 7 and with a little (lot of) luck we can beat them. Next up would very likely be Hamilton. These things are getting better and better. Not an easy opponent either, however, we've managed to beat them too in the regular season so there is a chance and as long as there's a chance, we'll try. Let's assume this one goes to game 7 as well and we beat them. Who's next? Just for the sake of it, make it Chicago, then we're going through the entire old Great Lakes division. How ironic. They're just as difficult to beat as the other teams, but assuming we make it that far, we can beat them in 7 games as well. Just defying the odds. If we manage to do all that, who even cares about the MVP anymore or how individual players did. The MVP should go to our GMs, because they did all the work. Well, that's what we're all dreaming about and then I could happily retire.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 02:44 PM by leafsftw1967.)

Prompt 2- For the Chicago Syndicate all signs point towards a deep playoff run after winning the president trophy and have a record breaking season where they put up one hundred and seventeen points with only five losses in regulations. As the number one seed Chicago has home ice advantage all the way through the playoffs. Chicago is matched up with Edmonton in round one which they should easily take care of. Then round two will be a much bigger challenge as Chicago will likely have to face their biggest competition in the western conference with the Texas Renegades. Then Chicago will likely have to play either the Los Angles Panthers or Calgary Dragons in the western conference final which they should be heavy favorites against. Finally in the Challenge Cup finals the Chicago Syndicate will need to beat either the Baltimore Platoon, Buffalo Stampede or the Hamilton Steelhawks in the finals. All three of them are the power houses in the east and will be a tough match up for Chicago.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Prompt 1

Ok, this is as dramatic as it's going to get. The Up- and Comers made it to the final game, it's for all or nothing. Well, we at least got to the finals, so it won't be nothing. We already played the Superstars back in the round robin and it was a blowout. They showed us what limits we still have in our game. To be fair, we learned our lessons from that game and improved. Experience is the key sometimes. But it's still a matchup David vs Goliath. We know we can take this league in a few seasons, but now, the challenge ahead seems merely impossible. Well, game on I'd say. We get beaten the crap out of us. In the first third we kind of keep up, but get 2 late goals. In the middle third we get to close in, but only to get another 3 against us. With 1-5 going into the last third, we know that this game is over. We manage to score 2 more, but they do the same and give us another 2. So that's a final score of 3-9. We made the final at least. Yay!

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 02:54 PM by CrazyMojito.)

Prompt 2

The only way Edmonton can win the Challenge Cup is if the usual suspects all fuck off leaving the middle of the pack teams. Even then we'd need a bit of luck, but it wouldn't be impossible. Without Chicago and Texas, we'd see a first round match up against Seattle whom I think'd we'd stand a chance to beat without really needing too much luck on our side. Next up would be Los Angeles who would be a real struggle but we've had some post season success beating them when we probably shouldn't and the Blizzard pull off the upset. Next up would be our last divisional rival in Calgary where again I think odds would be stacked against us but we'd find a way to pick up 4 W's before they do to move on to the finals. I don't know how it happened, but Atlanta comes out as the Eastern Conference champions. We go toe to toe with them and ultimately win the Challenge Cup!

The only way this scenario happens is if our goalie Tyler Ward stands on his hand and without a doubt is the playoff MVP. Edmonton's biggest weakness this season was keeping the puck out of the net, which happens when you get caved in by shots.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

pt pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Prompt # 1

You decide! This is your story, if you've made it this far congrats. Now is the time to decide the fate of your player and your team. Describe the game, the big moments, and let us know whether you win or lose! Make it dramatic.(150+ words)

This is it.  Just minutes before the puck drops on what will be the biggest game in my career thus far.  The Superstars are just that.  A stacked team where any of the guys on the fourth line could easily start for any other team in the league.  During warmup I chirped a couple of the guys just to let them know that we are in this game for real.  I have taken my skates off three times and put them back on.  I have taped all my sticks very carefully.  Now as I look around the room I can see my teammates are ready to rock.  Let’s Go !!!

I am not on the ice for the opening face off.  We lose it and the Superstars move efficiently into our zone.  The guys are jittery and make some small mistakes.  Stone Wall, our fabulous goalie, overplays an angle and, in a heartbeat, we are chasing the game. 1 - 0 Superstars.  My line goes out.  I work to control my heart rate and breathing.  We win this face off and break out into the neutral zone then into the Superstars zone. A snappy little pass results in a shot on goal.  So these guys aren’t perfect after all.  After the anxiety has subsided, we play pretty much even up hockey, but haven’t managed to get one past the Superstars goalie.  The third period is winding down and we are getting a little desperate. The puck end up on my stick in the neutral zone so I charge up the wall looking for a teammate to pass to.  That huge D-man is coming to cut off my progress.  Wow!!!  That guy is huge….and fast.  Waiting until the very last moment I drop a beauty back to my defenseman who launches a rocket high stick side.  That puck left a vapour trail !!  A resounding clang told me that he had hit the bar.  We pulled our goalie and poured on the heat, but to no avail. A disappointing final score of 1 - 0.  We will be back !!!!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 03:08 PM by Matteo.)

Prompt 1

As the youngest and most inexperienced team in the league, the Up-and-Comers were excited at the prospect of facing some of their childhood idols in the Hall-of-Famers. Still though, from a hockey standpoint they were a little relieved to hear that they had been upset by the Superstars. The mood going into the room was positive, as everyone knew that since they made it this far they could absolutely beat just one more team. They weren't complacent by any means, they were getting ready for a tough game, but they were feeling good nonetheless. Tyler Ward would be getting the start as by far the better option on the team, and the right choice it was. First period passed, no goals against on 15 shots; he even robbed the legendary Ryuuji Minamino on a wide open net. On the other hand, Beranek, Maximov, and Petrov were all able to pot one each for the young guns. Second period starts, and not even a minute in Ward makes the save of the tournament on a 2-0 breakaway for the Superstars. He drops the puck to Maximov, who hesitates for a second as two Superstar forwards start putting on the pressure, then sends a saucer pass right to the tape of Beranek who had been waiting at the opposing blue line. He goes in alone and tucks it in on Doyle for his second of the game. After this goal, though, the Young Guns bench looks puzzled as Ward skates over to the bench and goes down the tunnel. The coach tells Smith to start stretching, in case, and it's a good thing since it turned out that Ward tore several muscles in his groin from that save and wouldn't be returning to the game. As Smith goes into the game a little cold he lets in a soft goal about halfway through the second, then a tough one goes in over his glove hand. Still, the score is 4-2 going into the 3rd and the Young Guns are feeling alright. The 3rd period is a full on goalie battle, as both netminders turn away 10 shots each in the first 15 minutes. With two and a half minutes left in the 3rd, the Superstars get set up in the Young Guns zone, and pull their goalie for the extra attacker. They cycle it around the zone for about a minute before Theo Morgan finds Minamino in the slot, who snaps the one timer into the back of the net to get within one. With one minute left, the Superstars win the final faceoff of the game and get it into their attacking zone, setting up once again. They cycle for awhile and fire a few low shots looking for rebounds. With two seconds left on the clock one finds Minamino and as everyone scrambles for the puck, he snipes it top shelf. But at the last possible second, Smith flashes the glove to catch the puck right on the goal line. The clock winds down to 0, and as it does, the Young Guns bench erupts as they have pulled off the greatest upset and won the Cup.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Prompt 1
Superstars versus the Hall-of-Famers, round 2. The first time the two teams matched up the Superstars let the game slip away from them early and they eventually loss the game in a nailbiter, but after that game the team has been on a tear, vowing not to get lazy around the other teams. This time the Superstars came out flying. A goal from Ryuuji Minamino early in the 1st and the team played well in the transition. Jimmy Wagner really showed off his speed against the aging legends on the other team while the Superstars kept the Hall-of-Famers scoreless in the 1st, The 2nd period saw the two teams get a little physical. Rhys Pritchard was throwing big hits against the old Hall-of-Famers, but that was responded with DeMaricus Smyth on the Hall-of-Famers. Line tussles would ensue after ever whistle as the Hall-of -Famers were getting frustrated with their lack of goalscoring. Despite roughing and fighting calls that resulted in 4-on-4 hockey, no one had a clear powerplay until early in the 3rd where a hit from Rhys Pritchard took it a bit too far and was called for cross-checking. On the powerplay the Hall-of-Famers got on the board from the timeless Flacko Lagerfield. The game is tied 1-1 and it stays that way headed into continuous overtime. The goalies are standing on their heads as the teams go back and forth, but it is eventually a rather unexpected hero that seals the game. Dwight Knight was cycling in the offensive zone and behind the net he received a pass from Zoltan Topalo. The goalie didn't know where it went and Knight's quick shot passed him top shelf! The team all hops on the ice and celebrates this hard earned win!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

ISFL affiliate

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

[Image: gn6mcRh.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

PBE Affiliate PT