Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

I enjoyed the game recaps.  Get a Simon play by play and then look through to see if anything looks like a turning point, a goal, a fight, a penalty, a turnover, a flurry of saves, things of that nature and then spin a narrative about how that was the key moment in the game.  Maybe pick someone as a player of the game, or three stars etc.  That was fun.

[Image: hudson.png]

I never had problems with PbPs tbh. They're hella fun to backread if you miss the game, better than boxscores, and if you're watching them live you can be doing something else in the background, such as chanting nonsense in your team's Discord. The most fun I ever had in a regular season was S19, where every single game was PbP'ed. I feel like those complain just had problems in the way they consumed PbP's.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I miss STHS. Yes, I said it. I would rather deal with random team result than having to deal with such predictable results and it then become so boring. But sths is broken because of some team just trying to cheese the system.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I mean, I haven't really been here that long, so I guess the TPE that I'm going to be losing in the future is the only thing I could really have that I'd want to stick around.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

I am going to have to go with the thing you said: my TPE under the new regression change. I don't mind harsher regression, but I do mind earlier regression cause that means I don't hit 2k, sadge.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

I miss being a student and having time to keep up with the site.  Its starting to feel like I'm always behind now that I'm working 60 hour weeks and I don't have time for media anymore which is mega sad.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Everyone who knows me knows that I'm not the most active in SHL. I try to get my TPE tasks done, but I don't do much else than that.... That being said. NEW REGRESSION RULES? I MISS MY (small amount of) TPE

[Image: petrov.png]

Ironically, I think that although the site feels a lot more user friendly now, I miss how the forum used to feel. Back in the early days of discord locker rooms, when there were more media reliant users and more people posting on the forums for things more than just the thunder dome

the new regression rules were laughably poorly planned and i'll probably be retiring either this offseason or next because of their implementation. i miss having my peak seas-- oh, wait, that doesn't exist for my class kekw

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

I'm fairly new to the Simulation Hockey League compared to most people here. When I signed up though I went looking through threads that talked about media payment and podcast grading and found an all timer of a thread. So yeah I miss Gorlab and I never even met him.

[Image: hopoate.png]

I miss when the fantasy spreadsheet worked properly those were the good old day, seeing folks totals from the season before, not a million wonky tabs etc

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Hm, that is a great question. I can't think of anything specific that has gone missing that I'd like to come back. I miss taking time to read through media I guess. I haven't spent the time to go through and read people's articles in quite some time.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

While the new SHL Sim Team has done a great job this season, I miss @Kalakar doing the streams. He was fun to interact with during the streams and hardly ever made mistakes.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
[Image: mf7ERAf.png]

I miss... myself, these last few seasons I haven't been able to spend as much time as I'd like on the SHL forums, I need to upgrade more to be beneficial to my team. That's my plan for this current season/upcoming offseason.

Code:
42 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

The old way of regression is one of the things I miss. I truly wanted to make a franchise player once since with Goodname I had few semi-active seasons in j's. I miss the PBPs most and that how easy was to access old games with STHS.