Create Account

New SHL Commissioner

I just want it to be known that I drafted Lee’s first player to the Panthers when he was brand new to the league. You’re welcome, everyone.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

02-15-2022, 09:07 PMSeymourSnatches Wrote: I think that it is unfair to make assumptions about Lee before he gets in the position. For most candidates that applied for the position, you could have probably brought up any type of potential history that could look bad. What's the point of bagging on someone who took a position and hasn't even started making decisions yet? There's a line between your personal interactions and your "official" SHL interactions with Lee. You can share your negative opinions but doing it on their hiring post? I mean I feel like we should be better than that. We have a perfectly good Thunderdome for this and you decide to air your grievances in the hiring post. 

My interactions have been nothing but great with Lee. Could it be because I was on the Stampede? Maybe. Ever since joining the SHL, I had been having fun watching my player grow and get better. But then I fell into a rut where I felt disconnected from the league, wondering why I continue to do PTs, Training, AC, etc. At that point, I was willing to drop the SHL because I was no longer enjoying it. Without any hesitation, Lee went into my DMs on Discord and was supportive and provided kind words to me about the situation. He listened and gave potential solutions to getting out of the rut. After the conversation, I decided to take one of the options Lee mentioned and since then my enjoyment in the SHL went back to normal.

If you take anything away from that story, I want it to be that Lee was willing to listen and try to work on a solution. I think he will continue this when he takes on the role of Commissioner. I hope that Lee will be a good hire for the league, but I will wait to see how he does in the position before making any conclusions.

But that’s just my experience and my opinion on the situation. But the toxicity within these kinds of posts from members of the SHL community is getting tiring.

I think the consensus isn't that he's the worst person, just that you're treated very differently when you're on one team vs the other

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-15-2022, 09:11 PMSlashACM Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:07 PMSeymourSnatches Wrote: I think that it is unfair to make assumptions about Lee before he gets in the position. For most candidates that applied for the position, you could have probably brought up any type of potential history that could look bad. What's the point of bagging on someone who took a position and hasn't even started making decisions yet? There's a line between your personal interactions and your "official" SHL interactions with Lee. You can share your negative opinions but doing it on their hiring post? I mean I feel like we should be better than that. We have a perfectly good Thunderdome for this and you decide to air your grievances in the hiring post. 

My interactions have been nothing but great with Lee. Could it be because I was on the Stampede? Maybe. Ever since joining the SHL, I had been having fun watching my player grow and get better. But then I fell into a rut where I felt disconnected from the league, wondering why I continue to do PTs, Training, AC, etc. At that point, I was willing to drop the SHL because I was no longer enjoying it. Without any hesitation, Lee went into my DMs on Discord and was supportive and provided kind words to me about the situation. He listened and gave potential solutions to getting out of the rut. After the conversation, I decided to take one of the options Lee mentioned and since then my enjoyment in the SHL went back to normal.

If you take anything away from that story, I want it to be that Lee was willing to listen and try to work on a solution. I think he will continue this when he takes on the role of Commissioner. I hope that Lee will be a good hire for the league, but I will wait to see how he does in the position before making any conclusions.

But that’s just my experience and my opinion on the situation. But the toxicity within these kinds of posts from members of the SHL community is getting tiring.

I think the consensus isn't that he's the worst person, just that you're treated very differently when you're on one team vs the other
New Orleans player, opinion invalidated, ratio + 3rd line center + all goons + you're bald.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Well, now the SHL is his team.

Finn has been threatening to apply for this job for years. It's about time he actually went for it.

[Image: completing-your-training-starwars.gif]

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

02-15-2022, 09:13 PMPythonic Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:11 PMSlashACM Wrote: I think the consensus isn't that he's the worst person, just that you're treated very differently when you're on one team vs the other
New Orleans player, opinion invalidated, ratio + 3rd line center + all goons + you're bald.

Got beat by buffalo in game seven :pensive: the good guys always win

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

02-15-2022, 09:09 PMRagnar Wrote: I just want it to be known that I drafted Lee’s first player to the Panthers when he was brand new to the league. You’re welcome, everyone.

so you're my grandpa

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

02-15-2022, 09:15 PMAvakael Wrote:
02-15-2022, 09:11 PMSlashACM Wrote: I think the consensus isn't that he's the worst person, just that you're treated very differently when you're on one team vs the other
Well, now the SHL is his team.

Finn has been threatening to apply for this job for years. It's about time he actually went for it.

[Image: completing-your-training-starwars.gif]

I'll believe it when I see it

I mean, his job was to care for and be biased toward his team that he built and was trying to make succeed, and he did great at that. I don't think it's a bad thing to say someone was passionate about their team so therefore bad commish. Realistically, if he brings that same passion to league wide issues, he's going to be fantastic.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

02-15-2022, 08:15 PMgurbs Wrote: Touch some grass people

on second thought, smoke some grass people

[Image: gurbs.gif]

02-15-2022, 09:18 PMJayWhy Wrote:

I mean, his job was to care for and be biased toward his team that he built and was trying to make succeed, and he did great at that. I don't think it's a bad thing to say someone was passionate about their team so therefore bad commish. Realistically, if he brings that same passion to league wide issues, he's going to be fantastic.
Shut it, old man

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

02-15-2022, 09:18 PMJayWhy Wrote:

Plenty of GMs have been biased and care for the team they built without being an asshole on the forums. Plenty of GMs have included that asshole part in their jobs as well

Remove formatting next time

everyone on this site is an asshole holy fuck thats why i joined

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

02-15-2022, 09:25 PMSkeleton Party Wrote: everyone on this site is an asshole holy fuck thats why i joined

Bring back your friend.... I miss him

#Leein .-.